Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509810 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
@earthgreeners no wahala, u scratch my back i scratch urs. True talk - life's a game & there are rules, respect the rules & it respects u in return...evrythn bcums possible thru prayers.
earthgreeners:

True talk, considering the fact that nothing good comes easy. Through focus, hardwork, and respect for the rules of the game...
Nothing is impossible
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
It so simple!
Once you have sufficient funds to cater for your Tuition and living expenses, I dont think there is anytin to worry....
Working would just add more loonies and toonies to ur pockie...the rules are straight...u can work on campus for the first 6 months, after which you are allowed to apply for work permit for off campus jobs, if u choose to continue work on campus, u dnt need a work permit....
Academic performance also determines the ease of getting the work permit......

Graduate students can secure position in their department as a research or teaching assistant..For research based programs, funding and stipend position from supervisors are also available in most cases to support your studies..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
@lft, progress report please......how far have u gone with the conditions......
If u can fulfill those conditions, Im sure u wldnt have to worry abt funds when u get to canada....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
I once made an enquiry on sending Admission documents to canada with NIPOST on this thread...I finally got my answer...I can tell u with my experience that NIPOST is getting better, I sent my Transcript and Recommendations and it was received in about 7-10 working days (I called the school yesterday to confirm the receipt, I was surprised)...with just N400 registered mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2012
earthgreeners: @lft, progress report please......how far have u gone with the conditions......
If u can fulfill those conditions, Im sure u wldnt have to worry abt funds when u get to canada....

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran bro.
Waiting for deferral letter from faculty of graduate studies who seems to be overwhelmed with requests before going ahead with other conditions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
earthgreeners: I once made an enquiry on sending Admission documents to canada with NIPOST on this thread...I finally got my answer...I can tell u with my experience that NIPOST is getting better, I sent my Transcript and Recommendations and it was received in about 7-10 working days (I called the school yesterday to confirm the receipt, I was surprised)...with just N400 registered mail

Is it EMS or just registered NIPOST mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
lft:

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran bro.
Waiting for deferral letter from faculty of graduate studies who seems to be overwhelmed with requests before going ahead with other conditions.

dose conditions no easy fulfil o o o.life after medical na war.those who av got wud undastand my plight.all in all na make God crown effort
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
lft: Is it EMS or just registered NIPOST mail?

Registered NIPOST mail (with the stamps)...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
For those awaiting medical,
Please get yourself prepared for the conditions that might follow ur instructions which includes but not limited to:

1) Payment of Tuition (Check with ur University or college on payment of tuition for international students, make enquiries from our local banks about transfer of funds)

2) Accomodation (Check with international office for On-Campus accomodation and Home-stay plan)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
spencer3705:

dose conditions no easy fulfil o o o.life after medical na war.those who av got wud undastand my plight.all in all na make God crown effort

Aamin my bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2012
spencer3705: dose conditions no easy fulfil o o o.life after medical na war.those who av got wud undastand my plight.all in all na make God crown effort

True talk, but atleast person wey dem call for medical don dey
60-70% confidence level except for unusual circumstances.....the remaining 30% na the stress attached with fulfilling d conditions....

May God crown our efforts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:29am On Sep 16, 2012
Medicals and TRV dis week oooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bamshy: 12:32am On Sep 16, 2012
Hi Everyone! All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bamshy: 12:37am On Sep 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Are you sure of that statement, Sir . . . Let us make sure we give right information to the people, cos with the current economy, it all depends on where you are . . . All level of government is laying off as well, and remember those being laid off will be out there looking for same job that the students are looking for . . . .
Gone are those days where you just walk into Stores and you are hired, it is not as simple and automatic as you make it sound, sir

Hey Bros, we were expecting to see you at Yonge today. Hope you are doing fine?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 1:00am On Sep 16, 2012
To those able to make it out to Yonge today for the NL Toronto meet up, thanks for coming guys!

To those who didn't show up, or did African time and missed it, SMH! It was good fun!

Hopefully, there'll be a next time for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 2:29am On Sep 16, 2012
Ready to fly to Edmonton today. All the best to all in ur pursuit.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:17am On Sep 16, 2012
geotherm: Ready to fly to Edmonton today. All the best to all in ur pursuit.

safe journey
enjoy yur stay

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 5:48am On Sep 16, 2012

All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 7:15am On Sep 16, 2012
[quote author=earthgreeners]Medicals and TRV dis week oooo[/quote

Yes oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 8:28am On Sep 16, 2012

Bon voyage. Safe journey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
bamshy:

Hey Bros, we were expecting to see you at Yonge today. Hope you are doing fine?

Hello CHief, Sincere apologies, The time was not the best for me, cos weekend is my time to look for cars to buy and pick phones and all that, so my weekends are so limited, but will do my best to make something happen the next time.
I am glad that you all had fun and now more could attach a face to the name.
Looking forward to being able to make the next one.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
I got admission with the University of Saskatchewan. Just want to know if the school is a good one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bamshy: 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: I got admission with the University of Saskatchewan. Just want to know if the school is a good one.

Well, here i'm not sure there is a school that can be tagged "not good". It's more of what you want to get out of the school. Here teachers teach and help you to learn with lots of assignments, quizzes, lab works and all. The relevant questions may be your interest, course content, duration of studies and funding. All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
bamshy:

Well, here i'm not sure there is a school that can be tagged "not good". It's more of what you want to get out of the school. Here teachers teach and help you to learn with lots of assignments, quizzes, lab works and all. The relevant questions may be your interest, course content, duration of studies and funding. All the best!

whch skul u dey bamshy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: I got admission with the University of Saskatchewan. Just want to know if the school is a good one.

Ranked among top 20 universities in Canada.... Located in Saskatoon in Saskatchewan.....
Bamshy don talk am finish.. It depends on what you want.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by laykay(m): 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hello Guys,

I'm new here and please I need some assistance either a redirected link or someone to assist me with the whole process of acquiring admission to a Canadian university(Toronto, Alberta, Manitoba etc preferred province). I've got a 3rd class, but proficient in Networking . Traveled to India 2009 spent almost a year got trained and successfully acquired CCNA, MCITP, and ITIL on returning I went to serve and damn after service I'm shocked with my certs and skills I can't still get a job because of my 3rd class. Now I intend to travel to Canada to redo a Bsc and gain more experience. Please any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks y'all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by BigJakie: 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
Dear God,
We thank you for our safe journey to Canada. We know we will be on that plane soon so in advance we ask you lead us safely... Amen.
I know im getting my medical call this week. My faith is anchored on God... You should do same.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
Big Jakie: Dear God,
We thank you for our safe journey to Canada. We know we will be on that plane soon so in advance we ask you lead us safely... Amen.
I know im getting my medical call this week. My faith is anchored on God... You should do same.

Amen! Our faith remain in the most high God. He's the finisher and auto of our journey. Their will be lots of medicals this week. Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by udmaximus22: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
When u trust God, u don't wait to have everythng complete nor forge anything. U 'taste n see that the Lord is good'. That's how to. The earth is the Lord's...remember.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
Big Jakie: Dear God,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:45am On Sep 17, 2012
Itz a brand new week, I hope it comes with something new cos this house don dey dry with hope oooooo........
awaiting medicals.............
fulfilling requirements for TRV............
Application for admissions..............
.............God would surely crown the efforts..........................
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 3:44am On Sep 17, 2012
@All
Hello all please I need directive on getting a supervisor in university of saskatchwan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.