Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508942 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
justwise: You maybe interested in his https://www.nairaland.com/1051010/univ.of-regina-saskatchewan-canada-2

Pauloman already shared the story...........thanks justwise......so unfortunate for the girls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 3:53am On Sep 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

send email....make sure it is well composed...highlighting your research interests and academic background

Pls if you have a sample email to me @sucrecruiz@gmail.com thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2012
''Arise & Shine!'' says the Most High. Goodnews...where are thou?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 11:37am On Sep 18, 2012
earthgreeners:

Pauloman already shared the story...........thanks justwise......so unfortunate for the girls
i'm a bit confused, aren't u allowed to work? Or u only work during summer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
Sir P!:

I think you are allowed to work based on 2 conditions
- Good academic standing
- Work permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
Learnt one could work on campus...and after 6months of study with good grades, you request for work permit. More light from the house please...
Sir P!:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
Sir P!:
@olami1224 you'll soon get your medicals by God's grace

@Sip P......Thanks so much! have you heard anything yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
@olami1224 i did my medicals 2 fridays ago
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
@Sir P!, u're allowed to work on campus irrespective of the time but for all off campus jobs (summer jobs inclusive) u must 1st obtain a work permit which u cnt until after 6mths after u arrive Canada (reason CDHC is particular abt ur funds 4d 1st year). Good academic standing does not restrict but facilitates d issue of a work permit to full time students. Some pple risk it, workin witout a permit is similar to tax evasion (serious offence in d western world) b'cos ders no record of ur earnings wit d govt; u might get unlucky & be caught.
Sir P!:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
Sir P!:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
thanks for explaining don cipher , lft and joe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hi Y'all.. I guess we should just chill on the hypertracking that we have all been doing .. that is those of us that have applied.. I read this info from the cic site "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp"

Processing times for study permit applications processed by visa offices outside Canada

The tables below indicate application processing times at Canadian visa offices outside Canada. The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2011, and June 30, 2012. Processing times are subject to change.

Africa and Middle East
Asia and Pacific
Europe
Americas

Last update: August 20, 2012

Africa and Middle East Visa Office

Processing Times IN WEEKS(based on a complete application package)
United Arab Emirates 8
Accra – Ghana 4
Algiers – Algeria -
Amman – Jordan 5
Ankara – Turkey 1
Beirut – Lebanon 6
Cairo – Egypt 5
Dakar – Senegal 8
Damascus – Syria 4
Harare – Zimbabwe -
Lagos – Nigeria 19
Nairobi – Kenya 9
Pretoria – South Africa 15
Rabat – Morocco 5
Riyadh – Saudi Arabia 3
Tel Aviv – Israel 6
Tunis – Tunisia 7

As we can see.. Naija na 19 weeks processing time as per their last update on processing times which was on 20th August, 2012
Wishing everybody the best....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
Question Please:

I've been waiting for my original custodianship and home-stay placement documents to arrive by post since Saturday and I have to submit soon if I'm going to make the deadline. Can I just submit the photocopies with my application then maybe later send the originals when they arrive?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
Lutobi: Hi Y'all.. I guess we should just chill on the hypertracking that we have all been doing .. that is those of us that have applied.. I read this info from the cic site "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp"

Processing times for study permit applications processed by visa offices outside Canada

The tables below indicate application processing times at Canadian visa offices outside Canada. The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2011, and June 30, 2012. Processing times are subject to change.

Africa and Middle East
Asia and Pacific
Europe
Americas

Last update: August 20, 2012

Africa and Middle East Visa Office

Processing Times IN WEEKS(based on a complete application package)
United Arab Emirates 8
Accra – Ghana 4
Algiers – Algeria -
Amman – Jordan 5
Ankara – Turkey 1
Beirut – Lebanon 6
Cairo – Egypt 5
Dakar – Senegal 8
Damascus – Syria 4
Harare – Zimbabwe -
Lagos – Nigeria 19
Nairobi – Kenya 9
Pretoria – South Africa 15
Rabat – Morocco 5
Riyadh – Saudi Arabia 3
Tel Aviv – Israel 6
Tunis – Tunisia 7

As we can see.. Naija na 19 weeks processing time as per their last update on processing times which was on 20th August, 2012
Wishing everybody the best....

Naija thing dey always diff, among all na naija time come long pass, dis VO go kill person ooohhh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
efosa12345: Naija thing dey always diff, among all na naija time come long pass, dis VO go kill person ooohhh

I wonder ooo, why always Nigeria...Im sure the applications they receive in Pakistan and India are more than d ones they receive in Nigeria.
Well, no be dem fault......
Trouble sleep yanga wake am
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
dis thread exceed 100pages, I assume we are on Part4
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
earthgreeners: dis thread exceed 100pages, I assume we are on Part4
Yeah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oohjay(m): 11:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
Any peeps currently at or graduated from the MEng in Materials Engineering program at Dalhousie on here? Weighing up potential applications at the moment and was wondering if it is classed as a one year or two years for fees assessment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 7:52am On Sep 19, 2012
"... I will also include a supplemental letter along with the deferral letter which should clear any concerns regarding your tuition fees and accommodation fees being paid..."

Above is a part of the mail I just got from graduate admissions of UofM.

Please does this mean the supplemental letter will take care of the condition to submit the receipt of the total payment of tuition and accommodation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennybuda: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2012
Dear moderator pls let my post be i am not a visa argent, I own a private buisness here in europe i will never engage myself into this touting buisness visa argent.I drop in here cause am traveling to toronto tomorow morning i need nairalanders around toronto and ontario specific, i got two weeks stay in toronto i am traveling with my son i need a cheap acomodation within toronto, pls mr moderator i respect you alot ,Let my post be i am not an argent or one of the nairaland visa tout we all deserve respect acordinly cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2012
kennybuda: Dear moderator pls let my post be i am not a visa argent, I own a private buisness here in europe i will never engage myself into this touting buisness visa argent.I drop in here cause am traveling to toronto tomorow morning i need nairalanders around toronto and ontario specific, i got two weeks stay in toronto i am traveling with my son i need a cheap acomodation within toronto, pls mr moderator i respect you alot ,Let my post be i am not an argent or one of the nairaland visa tout we all deserve respect acordinly cheers.

You can not book for accommodation online? You traveling with your son tomorrow and you are looking for accommodation today?

This is a wrong thread for such inquiry, i removed your post because you are derailing this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2012
Pls this is just a warning to people who engage in submitting fraudulent docs to the embassy... Those VO's are trained to detect any compromised docs.. No mata wat it is!..was jubilating wit my buddy yesterday when his status changed to Please contact the Visa Application Centre for
further instructions , your attention is required at...... Mehn!! I was for once surprised dat a Forged doc cud scale tru d rigors of verifications by d embassy but damn he was strucked wit a shocker dis morn... Wen he got d instructions dat he shud verify some discrepancies in his statement of acc and return bak within 30days or be banned for 2yrs meanwhyl all his docs and passport were witheld by d embassy... He pingd!! Pingd!! Pingd!! Pignd!! Me dis morn .. To tell me dis sad story!... Pls nairaland peeps! I don't know d advice I shud give him.. I told him tho to write a letter and return bak VAC stating that he his no more interested in d study permit application that he has some tins to do here in nigeria... Do u guyz think I advised him rightly or what else do u guyz think he can do?... Mehn pls guyz let's stop all dis fraudulent submission of docs...as dis stops others who are genuine from getting what they deserve on time...xpecting ur responses pls.. Ciao!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 9:59am On Sep 19, 2012
Good morning to all! Wht is going on! D house is really dull...pls more good news in the house! Pple who have gotten their medicals and trv should share the good news with d house! To strengthen pple who are yet to be called for both med or trv...I pray that b4 this month runs out! Especially for june hopefuls! We should all sing a new song with joy filled in our heart...for every hopefuls! God has been doing it for others...urs is next!....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2012
We can't blame them, those submitting forged documents are highly responsible for this and also, the nonchalant/time wasting ways of our people while CDHC is trying to verify infos.
efosa12345:

Naija thing dey always diff, among all na naija time come long pass, dis VO go kill person ooohhh

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2012
@Kennybuda, as a ceo you claimed to be...would have expected you land in Canada and get a cab to any motel/hotel/guest house. #Justwise is so right on this.
@Yungokus, were you aware of this act by your so called friend before forwarding his application?. All have got is for him to go and clear his mess.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2012
Well what most people don't realise is that; though they might scale through the application process with forged documents, sooner or later the repercussions come. Or as yorubas would say; "o si ma yole fun won". If your friend gets denied based on this, which is most likely, it will jeopardise his chances of applying to visas to any other country. Even if he scaled through, in the foreseeable future, someone somewhere will still look through that application or documents related to it, and then the problems begin. Trust me people its not worth it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2012
Itz better to submit a true statement of account with 100,000 as balance, than submit a fraudulent doc with 10,000,000...
U can get medical calls with 100,000 plus conditions, and u can get ban and or prosecuted with ur fraudulent doc of 10;000,000.

BE WARNED.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2012
lft: "... I will also include a supplemental letter along with the deferral letter which should clear any concerns regarding your tuition fees and accommodation fees being paid..."

Above is a part of the mail I just got from graduate admissions of UofM.

Please does this mean the supplemental letter will take care of the condition to submit the receipt of the total payment of tuition and accommodation?

Not until u see the content of the letter, u might ask the admission team whether u still need to pay the tuition/accomodation.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goodness1109: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2012
yungokus: Pls this is just a warning to people who engage in submitting fraudulent docs to the embassy... Those VO's are trained to detect any compromised docs.. No mata wat it is!..was jubilating wit my buddy yesterday when his status changed to Please contact the Visa Application Centre for
further instructions , your attention is required at...... Mehn!! I was for once surprised dat a Forged doc cud scale tru d rigors of verifications by d embassy but damn he was strucked wit a shocker dis morn... Wen he got d instructions dat he shud verify some discrepancies in his statement of acc and return bak within 30days or be banned for 2yrs meanwhyl all his docs and passport were witheld by d embassy... He pingd!! Pingd!! Pingd!! Pignd!! Me dis morn .. To tell me dis sad story!... Pls nairaland peeps! I don't know d advice I shud give him.. I told him tho to write a letter and return bak VAC stating that he his no more interested in d study permit application that he has some tins to do here in nigeria... Do u guyz think I advised him rightly or what else do u guyz think he can do?... Mehn pls guyz let's stop all dis fraudulent submission of docs...as dis stops others who are genuine from getting what they deserve on time...xpecting ur responses pls.. Ciao!
Please, mail me on akinremibabatunde@yahoo.com; i have similar problem - my own 30days have expired but they have not returned my original docs yet. Yes, i agree this is irresponsible, however, frustrations made me do that because dt was my last hope having being refused visa before in 2011 when i was given admission with funding worth CN$8,200, also having lost my banking job since few years ago and not employed up till now; and don't forget am married with kids and a wife. Life has never been easy, so i saw that as a way of escape for me and particularly to prepare a secured future for my innocent little kids. I have prayed to God to forgive me as i am not a person of such questionable character since my birth.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 11:22am On Sep 19, 2012
@Goodness...so pathetic. So you never bothered replying CDHC. As for me, would have loved you got back to them then, stating what went wrong. You might be favored. And if you felt they could arrest...nothing stops them from doing so cause they have every detail about you already. God will make a way..

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.