Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508919 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:31am On Sep 15, 2012
@all,

Someone brought up a case to me and needs more advice of the house on sponsors documents. He is going for Masters program starting Summer 2013, he said he is from a polyg family...his father is dead and his mum cant really foot the bills...his brothers are well established, capable and willing to sponsor him,,,,,
1) can he use two(2) sponsors who are his half brother and brother?...
2) he is the last child with 11 siblings who are all well established(including half brothers n sisters), is he going to fill all in the family info form?.......
3) His deceased father owns 3 landed prop and his mum owns 1, his brothers too. Does he need to submit these land documents to proof ties? if yes, which of them is best to present?
4) all except two of his brothers and sisters are married and he asked if he should also include their marriage certificates?
5) Can he submit notarized copy of these documents in lieu of the original (land documents and marriage cert)?..

please kindly advise on the above, I need to get back to him ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:33am On Sep 15, 2012
earthgreeners: @all,

Someone brought up a case to me and needs more advice of the house on sponsors documents. He is going for Masters program starting Summer 2013, he said he is from a polyg family...his father is dead and his mum cant really foot the bills...his brothers are well established, capable and willing to sponsor him,,,,,
1) can he use two(2) sponsors who are his half brother and brother?...
2) he is the last child with 11 siblings who are all well established(including half brothers n sisters), is he going to fill all in the family info form?.......
3) His deceased father owns 3 landed prop and his mum owns 1, his brothers too. Does he need to submit these land documents to proof ties? if yes, which of them is best to present?
4) all except two of his brothers and sisters are married and he asked if he should also include their marriage certificates?
5) Can he submit notarized copy of these documents in lieu of the original (land documents and marriage cert)?..

please kindly advise on the above, I need to get back to him ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:35am On Sep 15, 2012
Except his mum's land, i dont see hw his brother's land culd be a tie. Who ctrl's his father's land? On the issue of siblings he can state all of them but concentrate on using @least one sponsor preferably those dt are still single if possible to remove further worries abt dependents. What does he do as regards educatn/work history? Summer 2013 means he shuld apply arnd dec, so sponsor can load student acct (diff names) gradually frm now & submit both accts to CDHC (dts if student is working to shw source). Notarized copy of any doc dts nt original very necessary. On the issue of marriage certs, not too sure if its necessary to include all except if it shows ur link to sponsor (female).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 6:25am On Sep 15, 2012
email Sent

imadebaby: Hi geotherm, pls send me a mail on e_madng@yahoo.com I need to ask u some questions am. Applyin wit my family too. Pls or send ur email addy. Congratulations

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 6:36am On Sep 15, 2012
I submitted the following all in photocopy not notorized except my transcripts. Then of course original police certificates. I also submitted it to God(Very important) before sending it to the embassy:
List of additional Documents for Study and Work Permit
1. Application/Introduction Letter
2. Potential Employer Letter
3. B.Sc. and M.Sc. Certificates and Transcripts
4. 4 International Passports
5. 8 Passport Photographs
7. Land Document
8. Share Certificates
9. 4 Birth Certificates
10. Marriage Certificate and registry
12. 2 Statements of Accounts (for Savings and for Utility Bills)
13. Professional Membership Certificates and award
14. National Youth Service Scheme Discharge Certificate
15. Residence Permit
16. WAEC Results
18. 2 Curriculum Vitae (CVs)
19. Lease Agreement for Family Apartment from University of Alberta
20. Evidence of Payment for Study visa, Work Permit and Temporary Residence Visa.

Normally it takes 4 wks here to handle but mine took 7 wks. I applied for Open work permit for my wife and on the 6th week dt was last week i was called to send trv application for my two babies. The land document I submitted (Deed of Gift) was photocopy but i signed it with blue pen since it was scanned to me by my parents. Just do your own part and leave the rest to God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:42am On Sep 15, 2012
@geotherm, which country did you apply from?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:47am On Sep 15, 2012
Jesus4all: MY SPONSOR IS MY UNCLE WITH DIFFERENT SURNAME
AM TO SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENT WITHIN 30DAYS
1. RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF A YEAR TUITION FEES
2. MY SPONSOR'S NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT
3. PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP BTW ME AND MY SPONSOR
4. MY ACADEMICS RECORD FROM SECONDARY TO UNIVERSITY LEVEL
5. MY NYSC CERTIFICATE
IT IS GOD

♓øw much in d bank statement u submitted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 6:48am On Sep 15, 2012
Austria
lillaowow: @geotherm, which country did you apply from?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:13am On Sep 15, 2012
lillaowow: VAC screenshot just to calm down on d tracking....

https://www.nairaland.com/823858/travelling-canada-part2/92
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 7:45am On Sep 15, 2012
Congrats to all applicants that have gotten their trv and intending trv and medical hopefuls i am wishing you guys best of luck. It is good to see how this thread is growing so fast with more and more people joining up and hence making it one of the fastest growing threads (if not the fastest)on nairaland.

But this link i am posting now should be a note of warning to students and intending students to Canada that the government does not joke with their immigration laws. Please everyone here should endeavor to click on this link to view the information i am trying to pass across . Thanks and all the best to you all.

www.nairaland.com/1048637/off-campus-student-job-two-naija#12183502

NB: Let us all endeavor to be Good and worthy Ambassadors of Nigeria in Canada !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 8:58am On Sep 15, 2012
pauloman: Congrats to all applicants that have gotten their trv and intending trv and medical hopefuls i am wishing you guys best of luck. It is good to see how this thread is growing so fast with more and more people joining up and hence making it one of the fastest growing threads (if not the fastest)on nairaland.

But this link i am posting now should be a note of warning to students and intending students to Canada that the government does not joke with their immigration laws. Please everyone here should endeavor to click on this link to view the information i am trying to pass across . Thanks and all the best to you all.

NB: Let us all endeavor to be Good and worthy Ambassadors of Nigeria in Canada !

Pauloman thanks o. A word is enough for the wise. My fellow Naija people se una dey hear o?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:04am On Sep 15, 2012
pauloman: Congrats to all applicants that have gotten their trv and intending trv and medical hopefuls i am wishing you guys best of luck. It is good to see how this thread is growing so fast with more and more people joining up and hence making it one of the fastest growing threads (if not the fastest)on nairaland.

Thank you for this reminder.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 15, 2012
AugustApplicant: ?

Why re u sad Augustapplicant?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
You can still work @augustapplicant, you just have to get a work permit.as long as a company is willing to sponsor you, and the job is somewhat related to your course. Don't get sad yet .. LOL

AugustApplicant:

Just got a shocker, that I cant work outside school. How will I then pay back the loan?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
AugustApplicant:

Just got a shocker, that I cant work outside school. How will I then pay back the loan?

@Augustapplicant my good friend, no need to panic, u can work after six months of stay, by then u most have gotten ur work permit, ur school will always assist you on your quest for work permit ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by valentino81(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2012
AugustApplicant:

So, u no get mind; u can work on campus on availabilty of the job, but u will be able to apply for work permit after six months of stay. Dt will enable you to pay back ur loan. And if u wouldn't mind, u can use me as collatteral, until you pay back! Lols...fear not bro, when u get down u will definately meet pple and know who is who too. Easy does it!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
valentino81:

So, u no get mind; u can work on campus on availabilty of the job, but u will be able to apply for work permit after six months of stay. Dt will enable you to pay back ur loan. And if u wouldn't mind, u can use me as collatteral, until you pay back! Lols...fear not bro, when u get down u will definately meet pple and know who is who too. Easy does it!

That kinda comment for some reason fear me oh . . .
Situation like how to pay back loan is the more reason why the embassy wanna make sure that the student is well funded so as to pay attention to his or her studies and dont have to worry.
It is one thing to get permission to work and it is another to be able to find a job.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2012
@all, i think getting a job isn't hard in Canada as long as u're not dependent on working to sustain urself once u get there. 6mths is enuf to wait & apply for a work permit..i bet if those chicks knew abt ds thread they wuld nt be in ds mess, buh 3yrs in a place & they claim not to know d rules is not believable.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
Don Cipher: @all, i think getting a job isn't hard in Canada as long as u're not dependent on working to sustain urself once u get there. 6mths is enuf to wait & apply for a work permit..i bet if those chicks knew abt ds thread they wuld nt be in ds mess, buh 3yrs in a place & they claim not to know d rules is not believable.

Are you sure of that statement, Sir . . . Let us make sure we give right information to the people, cos with the current economy, it all depends on where you are . . . All level of government is laying off as well, and remember those being laid off will be out there looking for same job that the students are looking for . . . .
Gone are those days where you just walk into Stores and you are hired, it is not as simple and automatic as you make it sound, sir

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
@phemmy, i feel finding a job bcums hard when u need it so badly to survive once u get to Canada because there are other job seekers like u.
Don Cipher: @all, i think getting a job isn't hard in Canada as long as u're not dependent on working to sustain urself once u get there. 6mths is enuf to wait & apply for a work permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2012
Na am be this fedadis@yahoo.com

MR spencer...I dey wait to hear from you..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
Cori_corde: I'm in major trouble now. I accidentalLy made a bank draft to the Canadian High Deputy Commission, instead of Canadian Deputy High Commisssion. What do I do now?

Go back to the bank you raised the draft from and tell them u want to repurchase the draft, then raise another draft in the correct name.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
congrats geotherm and jesus4all. We'll all get our desires ijn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
@all

having got ur trv,dat means God has fulfilling plans for you in canada,so please dnt distub ursef.when we get to the beach,we wud knw ao to cross.destiny dey different o.remember dis.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
@Don Cipher, thanks alot for the hints........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
spencer3705: @all

having got ur trv,dat means God has fulfilling plans for you in canada,so please dnt distub ursef.when we get to the beach,we wud knw ao to cross.destiny dey different o.remember dis.

Nah true talk...oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
spencer3705: @all having got ur trv,dat means God has fulfilling plans for you in canada,so please dnt distub ursef.when we get to the beach,we wud knw ao to cross.destiny dey different o.remember dis.

True talk, considering the fact that nothing good comes easy. Through focus, hardwork, and respect for the rules of the game...
Nothing is impossible
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
xtus:

Check university of regina and if ur cgpa is above 3.0 also check university of northern british columbia

Forget univ of regina. They even stated it in the website dt they dnt accpt 2.2.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
earthgreeners:

True talk, considering the fact that nothing good comes easy. Through focus, hardwork, and respect for the rules of the game...
Nothing is impossible

Na true talk be that oooooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.