Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508883 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2012
@spencer, pls kindly post their email. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2012
I read on their site that they don't respond to in-person enquiries
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennybuda: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2012
Well luckyly i am in toronto i got am in queens motel @queens way toronto, Highly recomend this place to any nairalander who intend to vist toronto cheap and safe to compare toronto acomodation rate cheers and be bless
justwise:

You can not book for accommodation online? You traveling with your son tomorrow and you are looking for accommodation today?

This is a wrong thread for such inquiry, i removed your post because you are derailing this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
de-humph:
I THANK GOD I GOT MY TRV TODAY, AFTER TWO WEEKS OF LECTURE. I ALMOST LOST ALL HOPE. grin

Congratulations!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
de-humph:
I THANK GOD I GOT MY TRV TODAY, AFTER TWO WEEKS OF LECTURE. I ALMOST LOST ALL HOPE. grin

Congratulations....I am next to be congratulated in Jesus name..God will answer all of our heart desires at the moment..
God is Good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
spencer3705: @lft,guudgod,jesus 4 all,sir p.,whatz up wit u guys?i havent read from any of u.GOD DEY!NA OUR TURN TO SHINE
been over a wk i resubmitted my passport, waiting for the trv now by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
'em 'em guys
just a quick question

when will the Canadian Visa Lottery registration be available

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
waka-about:
'em 'em guys
just a quick question

when will the Canadian Visa Lottery registration be available

Thanks.

There is nothing like that, only America runs visa lottery program and not Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
justwise:

There is nothing like that, only America runs visa lottery program and not Canada.

thnks for the response.
Are yu sayin the registration has closed?
I had already paid for it to a church member.
He promised to get me registered.
And i don't think he can plan to dupe me. Could he?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
waka-about:

thnks for the response.
POSSIBLY!As justwise rightly posted,there is NO canadian visa lottery program.what they have is skilled workers permanent resident program and other programs permit at the federal level which are on hold presently pending review.Resumption will be communicated in due course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
waka-about:

thnks for the response.

You just wasted your money. Canada doesn't run visa lottery.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
waka-about:

thnks for the response.

Run and get your money back from the church member right away!!! There is NO SUCH THING as a Canadian Visa Lottery Program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
@ ALL What is/are the advantages and vice versa of research programs over non thesis (course based) programs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jesus4all: 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
@those facing challenges of canada visa, Don't expect the devil to quit! He will pursue you to see if you would quickly give up your destiny. Don't surrender! For faithful is He that called (created) you, He will do it. It is well with you TODAY!. more good news in Jesus name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ntom: @ ALL What is/are the advantages and vice versa of research programs over non thesis (course based) programs?

Course based programs are majorly taught....u attend lectures and do a project, just like ur final year in the university but advanced....It is meant for those in the profession, seeking some kinda promotion or jst want to advance knowledge n upgrade their CV (1 year)

Research based courses are meant to expose graduate students to problem solving and decision making through research exposure in their area of interest, it often comes with funding either from a potential supervisor, the university or othe sources....it runs for 2years, u take few classes in ur first year to prepare u for d task ahead ; Research....you can also be employed as a RA or TA in the university.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
@lft, salam aleikum!.....how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
earthgreeners:

Course based programs are majorly taught....u attend lectures and do a project, just like ur final year in the university but advanced....It is meant for those in the profession, seeking some kinda promotion or jst want to advance knowledge n upgrade their CV (1 year)

Research based courses are meant to expose graduate students to problem solving and decision making through research exposure in their area of interest, it often comes with funding either from a potential supervisor, the university or othe sources....it runs for 2years, u take few classes in ur first year to prepare u for d task ahead ; Research....you can also be employed as a RA or TA in the university.....
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
waka about...you trusted a church member but sorry to say no such thing as Canada visa lottery.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
@Ntom, how far wt ur app 4 adm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
earthgreeners: @Ntom, how far wt ur app 4 adm
on the verge of posting my transcript to USASK.my status has not changed yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
earthgreeners: @lft, salam aleikum!.....how far?

Wa 'alaykumus salaam wr wb... I have gotten my deferral letter and I will be paying the tuition by next Monday and pray to get the receipt latest next Friday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
still planning to apply to one more school,preferably for MSc infectious disease taught based.However all the schools seen so far offer the program as research based.
earthgreeners: @Ntom, how far wt ur app 4 adm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ntom: on the verge of posting my transcript to USASK.my status has not changed yet.

Bros it takes time for them to update status, call ur graduate secretary to confirm receipt of every document u send, that what I do......As 4 that MSc Infectious disease, it looks more like a research based program just like MPH
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
lft:

Wa 'alaykumus salaam wr wb... I have gotten my deferral letter and I will be paying the tuition by next Monday and pray to get the receipt latest next Friday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
lft: Wa 'alaykumus salaam wr wb... I have gotten my deferral letter and I will be paying the tuition by next Monday and pray to get the receipt latest next Friday.

Nice one bro, and did the letter cover what was stated by FGS?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
earthgreeners:

Nice one bro, and did the letter cover what was stated by FGS?

Yes. The letter was even prepared by FGS and even the admin assistant said the supplemental letter should cover the tuition and accommodation payment request by CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
lft: Yes. The letter was even prepared by FGS and even the admin assistant said the supplemental letter should cover the tuition and accommodation payment request by CDHC.

all the best my brother
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
earthgreeners:

all the best my brother

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hey guys I heard University of Saskatchewan grants admission to 3rd class students for Masters program

Pls u guys shld shed more light, went to their website but wat I saw as d requirement was " a bachelors degree" Can I go ahead and apply

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
Deeone_bangin!:
Hey guys I heard University of Saskatchewan grants admission to 3rd class students for Masters program

Pls u guys shld shed more light, went to their website but wat I saw as d requirement was " a bachelors degree" Can I go ahead and apply

Thanks

dats hearsay!!!dat university is no goin area 4 3rd class students.pls dnt just waste ur applicatiƶn fee.a friend wif second class lower was declined admision based on low cgpa.u can give it a shot if u doubt me...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
lft:

Pls LFt..how long does it take you to get your deferral letter..what was the process,how did you go about it..although we going to different skool..I have not heard back from the skool about the deferral letter for winter..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
GuudGod:

Pls LFt..how long does it take you to get your deferral letter..what was the process,how did you go about it..although we going to different skool..I have not heard back from the skool about the deferral letter for winter..

Due to heavy workload for the faculty assistants, it took 5-6 working days. The process is that your department must approve the deferral and send a confirmation to the faculty of graduate studies who will do the necessary letters. I wouldn't know if that will be the same process in your school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.