Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,804 members, 7,841,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (511454 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 10:09am On Oct 22, 2012
This forum don turn to something else... Sigh ... Oh well. *strolls to vfs global website to check for updates*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2012
spencer3705:

i forgot to photocopy my bank statement.the y didnt return dad sponsor letter,sponsor afidavit,mum consent letter and photocopy of my admision letter.am very sure they wud av photocopied the bank statement in their ofice and put in my file. All original doxs were returned.best of luck
. Pls what document is the sponsor affidavit cos I can't remember submitting any document like that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2012
earthgreeners: Where are the Fall 2013 hopefuls?, dis Winter 2013 guys are just too boring
You are right they are 2 boring joooor. Make una sha collect una visa dey go For fall guys we can't be like u guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by niyimeg: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2012
please house....my parents dont have a landed property and also my dad works in an hotel of about 350k a month,my mum just sold one of her fathers" house.....please what are the chances of being granted a study permit with the following....

my dads account balance of 7m and my mum balance of 5M,...
should i submit both account statement but with no landed property except a land my mum bought sometime ago,though my mum is a civil servant(full house wife)....please ADVICE ME HOUSE....tnx.....

THE PERSON THAT PROMISED TO STAND AS MY SPONSOR bleeped ME UP IN THE LAST MINUTE SO I HAD TO DEFER MY ADMISSION TO MAY 2013 SO CAN I USE MY PARENTS AS THE SPONSORS WITH ALL THESE CONDITIONS.......TNX
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2012
@Niyi...if all you stated is the truth, you are good to go with parents bn your sponsor. Only Baba God get trv blessing. Keep your head up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2012
niyimeg: please house....my parents dont have a landed property and also my dad works in an hotel of about 350k a month,my mum just sold one of her fathers" house.....please what are the chances of being granted a study permit with the following....

should i submit both account statement but with no landed property except a land my mum bought sometime ago,though my mum is a civil servant(full house wife)....please ADVICE ME HOUSE....tnx.....

THE PERSON THAT PROMISED TO STAND AS MY SPONSOR bleeped ME UP IN THE LAST MINUTE SO I HAD TO DEFER MY ADMISSION TO MAY 2013 SO CAN I USE MY PARENTS AS THE SPONSORS WITH ALL THESE CONDITIONS.......TNX
@niyimeg please ensure that the money has bin in the account for at least 4months and that you hav documents to proof the source of the money or income in both accounts, as for using ur parents as sponsor, ur very good.to go ahead.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 11:51am On Oct 22, 2012
[b]@niyimeg[/b]you don't need to add your parents landed property when submitting to the CDHC.according to what you stated in your parents statement of account is good enough,you can add the two statement of account likewise mine ,i submitted my own statement of account and my uncle statement of account to CDHC so your good to go.best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:54am On Oct 22, 2012
niyimeg: please house....my parents dont have a landed property and also my dad works in an hotel of about 350k a month,my mum just sold one of her fathers" house.....please what are the chances of being granted a study permit with the following....

issues are,dad works in an hotel and earn 350k per month without landed property.2 mum is a civil servant and at d same time a full house wife.3 parent does nt have landed property and at d same time mum got a land bought smtimes ago,4 dad with 7m and mum with 5m from d proceed of family house? My question is dis, is your mum the only child of her parent for her to sell the family house?UR CASE TO ME IS UNBELIEVABLE AND DOESNT DESERVE AN ANSWER.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2012
@All, guyz n girls, I tink bickering is for little kids, posting argumentz like these ones I just read makes the forum loose credible value, please let's keep it sane , where it should be so everyone would enjoy beneficial contributions and be encouraged.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
adexcube: . Pls what document is the sponsor affidavit cos I can't remember submitting any document like that.

affidavit of sponsor is d legal backing proving d relationship of ur sponsor to u and emphasizing d intent of ur sponsor for u.this letter has court stamp and signature.op u grab?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
earthgreeners: Where are the Fall 2013 hopefuls?, dis Winter 2013 guys are just too boring
this winter guyz have turned this tread to a war zone oo.. shocked shocked abeg make Canadian embassy do give then their study permit make we hear word small..grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
waiten they do CDHC make they call me.Am tired of whole thing i cant even plan any thing again to the estent that i have to quit my masters programe that am running in the university.[/b][b][b][/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
I did a research and I got something interesting

I got a link on the CDHC website. Instead of mailing them, you can actually inquire about the. Status of your application from CDHC...

Y'all welcome.
For those whose applications are already of age, I think you shld try it
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=lagos
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
Whats happening with july applicants.cdhc havent called good numbers of dem.i fink dey av called 4 of dem for medical on dis forum.dis makes d forum dull and nt progresing.letz pray 4 more medical news and trv..secondly,letz forumite share weneva they are doing birthday so we can give them warm regards.thats d essence of forum.letz make it vast and comprehensive.itz an idea anyway.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
@Spencer...I will only share my birthday on one condition...(a big fat chicken from the house) lipsrsealed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
Joe980: @Spencer...I will only share my birthday on one condition...(a big fat chicken from the house) lipsrsealed.

no wahala,by so doing forumite would be asking for celebrant account number and send smfin.dat time u go no sey na big men and women full dis forum.hahahahaha.lol.jokes apart,i stand on dis and i want dis idea to stand firm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
Abeg pple help ur broda out, wanna apply for memorial uni and the appraisal leta I downloaded is in pdf form how will my referee fill it, or is there a way I can get them referral leta and sent by lost like oda universities do ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
spencer3705:

issues are,dad works in an hotel and earn 350k per month without landed property.2 mum is a civil servant and at d same time a full house wife.3 parent does nt have landed property and at d same time mum got a land bought smtimes ago,4 dad with 7m and mum with 5m from d proceed of family house? My question is dis, is your mum the only child of her parent for her to sell the family house?UR CASE TO ME IS UNBELIEVABLE AND DOESNT DESERVE AN ANSWER.

The thing self dey complicating to me ooohh! Which kind advise wey person go give na?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
bukahands: Abeg pple help ur broda out, wanna apply for memorial uni and the appraisal leta I downloaded is in pdf form how will my referee fill it, or is there a way I can get them referral leta and sent by lost like oda universities do ?
@bukahands there is no problem if ur referee can fill it out because of space limitation,just get a get a letter from them with their letter-headed signed by them and send it to memorial university, better still you can mail: krista shea, with this kshea@mun.ca From more information on this.she's an application officer there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
seir405:
@bukahands there is no problem if ur referee can fill it out because of space limitation,just get a get a letter from them with their letter-headed signed by them and send it to memorial university, better still you can mail: krista shea, with this kshea@mun.ca From more information on this.she's an application officer there

Thank you o I am so happy with ur reply so just mailing them the recommendation letters will serve just fine. THANk U
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2012
bukahands:

Thank you o I am so happy with ur reply so just mailing them the recommendation letters will serve just fine. THANk U
plz make sure they ur(referee) sign across the envelope while sending it in plz....memorial university can be very strict with things like this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
seir405:

I think there is a prob wit dt.
If d sch has reference form, please use it.
Print d file and ask ur referee to fill it.
After filling, put in and envelop and let him stamp and sign across it.

I don't know how MUN reference form is, bt I know Regina has spaces where ur referees will rate u on different categories. For ppl applying to very competitive courses, please don't joke wit ur reference and statement of interest, cos they score it alongside ur cgpa before awarding admisn.They also use d ranking to check ppl dt meet funding requirements.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
seir405:

mercylicious:

I think there is a prob wit dt.
If d sch has reference form, please use it.
Print d file and ask ur referee to fill it.
After filling, put in and envelop and let him stamp and sign across it.

I don't know how MUN reference form is, bt I know Regina has spaces where ur referees will rate u on different categories. For ppl applying to very competitive courses, please don't joke wit ur reference and statement of interest, cos they score it alongside ur cgpa before awarding admisn.They also use d ranking to check ppl dt meet funding requirements.

For @bukahands:
@seir405, nice idea but I would advice you stick with @mercylicious's advice 100%
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
bumdish:

For @bukahands:
@seir405, nice idea but I would advice you stick with @mercylicious's advice 100%

Thank you all no problem I shall print it give it to them to fill, they sign on it and even stamp on both letter and envelop
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2012

spencer3705:

@spencer3705, I would advice you take it easy, I think the emboldened statement is unfair.

@all, This forum as done wonderfully well so far and the possibilities are still abounding. Lets keep it issue focus, devoid of jabs and all, yabbing muscles can be flexed in the political section if it is so desired. It is discouraging to come here with the intention of learning or being helpful only to meet all sorts, including birthday wishes request.

@niyimeg, your parent's fund sounds quite much and there is not rule saying your sponsor must have landed properties before they would be able to sponsor your education however, you have to be able to show/prove that in terms of Actuals and on a Regular basis, their liquid or near liquid asset is able to cater for your expenses with crippling their other commitments or leaving you in a situation where you would have to resort to working in Canada in other to pay your bills

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
bukahands: Thank you all no problem I shall print it give it to them to fill, they sign on it and even stamp on both letter and envelop

Contrary to all opinions,

You need to send the link to the letter of appraisal, or attach and send, via email to ur referee, they fill it and send as an attachment via email to gradapply@mun.ca

Alternatively, They can fill the letter of appriasal on their computer, Print, sign and send (in a sealed envelop, signed accross the back flap) via post to;

School of Graduate Studies,
IIC-2012 Bruneau Centre for Research and Innovation,
Memorial University Of Newfoundland
230 Elizabeth Avenue,
St John's, Newfoundland,
Canada A1C 5S7

All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2012
All these canadian universities are really giving you guys some hectic work to do to get an admission. Am going to a flight school in Canada, I did everything through email--scanned all my certificates and did not even pay a dyme and I got my acceptance letter in jst one week. God bless our hustle. We will all meet in Canada IJN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2012
adexcube: All these canadian universities are really giving you guys some hectic work to do to get an admission. Am going to a flight school in Canada, I did everything through email--scanned all my certificates and did not even pay a dyme and I got my acceptance letter in jst one week. God bless our hustle. We will all meet in Canada IJN.

I believe its because flight school are much more expensive and have lower amounts of candidates because of the nature of the profession. Goodluck with your TRV smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2012
adexcube: All these canadian universities are really giving you guys some hectic work to do to get an admission. Am going to a flight school in Canada, I did everything through email--scanned all my certificates and did not even pay a dyme and I got my acceptance letter in jst one week. God bless our hustle. We will all meet in Canada IJN.

Just like comparing our avaiation schools to our universities here in Nigeria..
You dnt have to go tru all d admission stress...all dey want is ur money and dey give u d training u need irrespective of ur academic standings....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by niyimeg: 8:14am On Oct 23, 2012
tnx so much for the advise........

1 my mum is not the only child of her parents but all her sisters agreed to sell the property nd she was given her own share of the money ..
QUESTIONS,,,,, The money has been in her account for abt 4 months now but which has been debit al through(she ahs been withdrwaning althrough to the tune of 3m) no liquidity.....can i still present it? nd wat do ineed to provide as the source of income for her..... though she bought some shares years back so shoulg i also include it in the package

2 do i have to provide my dads tax clearance or certificate cos my mum does not have atall..

TNX SO MUCH
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2012
Niyimeng, cracking my head to see how to help you. I think if your parents agree to this you should do this- since ur dad has like 7m and he works and pays tax etc. Let your mum randomly pay (spread) the 5m into ur dad's account over a time and then you use only your dad as sponsor.Please note that this is on the assumption that your parents will actually sponsor you from that 12m. If my assumption is wrong, then it may not work.
niyimeg: tnx so much for the advise........

1 my mum is not the only child of her parents but all her sisters agreed to sell the property nd she was given her own share of the money ..
QUESTIONS,,,,, The money has been in her account for abt 4 months now but which has been debit al through(she ahs been withdrwaning althrough to the tune of 3m) no liquidity.....can i still present it? nd wat do ineed to provide as the source of income for her..... though she bought some shares years back so shoulg i also include it in the package

2 do i have to provide my dads tax clearance or certificate cos my mum does not have atall..

TNX SO MUCH
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2012
@[b]niyimeg[/b]i think your confuse in all your statement.please try and be specific so that house can contribute one way or the other to give you a solution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.