Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,950 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513146 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
alutacontinua: Pls, i need your advice. I'm a medical student in the carribean but want to do my clinicals in canada. My school is a canadian school (the head office is located in canada) but people say i can't because i would not get a visa dt wld last me for dt long (about 2 years). Most people just prefer to do their clinicals here in the carribean or go to the US (the school has affiliations with hospitals in the US). But, i'm considering going to canada instead of US (due to difficulties of getting visa). Most people say i can only do my electives (8 months) in canada. In summary, can i get a 2 year stay in canada for my clinicals? Thanks in advance.

What will be the duration of your course in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
justwise:

What will be the duration of your course in Canada?

almost 2 yrs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
blink6:

That a whole lot of dough.
My uncle said 3M will do. my tuition and acc fee, summed about 2.4M. shocked anyways. cry

Tell ur uncle dt 3M will not do.
It is expected dt the money in d acnt shld be able to take care of ur fees+living expense and as well, ur uncle should have enough remaining to take care of himself and other dependants.
Apart 4rm d closing balance, the cash flow and source of fund is also important.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
alutacontinua:

almost 2 yrs

Then you will be given a visa that will cover the duration of your course

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moscojoe(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2012
pls house is possible for adult to sponsor adult
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moscojoe(m): 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
moscojoe]pls house is it possible for adult to sponsor adult that is married
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2012
alutacontinua: Pls, i need your advice. I'm a medical student in the carribean but want to do my clinicals in canada. My school is a canadian school (the head office is located in canada) but people say i can't because i would not get a visa dt wld last me for dt long (about 2 years). Most people just prefer to do their clinicals here in the carribean or go to the US (the school has affiliations with hospitals in the US). But, i'm considering going to canada instead of US (due to difficulties of getting visa). Most people say i can only do my electives (8 months) in canada. In summary, can i get a 2 year stay in canada for my clinicals? Thanks in advance.

Please which school is that ? You could visit valueMD dot com they know all about clinicals and rotation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
justwise:

Then you will be given a visa that will cover the duration of your course

What type of visa do u think he shld apply for?
For study visa, it takes 4 months to process which might encroach into his clinical time and he needs acceptance letter frm d school in canada?
Please throw more light on how he shld go abt it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
mercylicious:

What type of visa do u think he shld apply for?
For study visa, it takes 4 months to process which might encroach into his clinical time and he needs acceptance letter frm d school in canada?
Please throw more light on how he shld go abt it.

Definitely student visa, processing time defers country to country, i don't think the op is a Nigerian.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2012
@justwise, i'm a nigerian but in the carribean rite now. D issue is dt would i be issued a student visa because i'm going to be doing the clinicals in the hospital, not in a school. Also, can i process the visa from here?

bukahands:
Please which school is that ? You could visit valueMD dot com they know all about clinicals and rotation

Thanks for the site. I'll check it out ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2012
alutacontinua: @justwise, i'm a nigerian but i'm not in the carribean rite now. D issue is dt would i be issued a student visa because i'm going to be doing the clinicals in the hospital, not in a school. Also, can i process the visa from here?

It does take annoying time in Nigeria, i don't know about Caribbean but i guess it will take less time there, if you have a strong tie in Caribbean then apply from there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
@ Aluta, I'm not sure you can apply for a study permit (student visa) I remember seeing some clauses/ exceptions for some medical academic courses. To be suren please look at the 'who should/can apply' section of the study visa section on CDHC site- that site will answer most if not all your questions. I can't really check it out atm but may later in the day.
alutacontinua: @justwise, i'm a nigerian but i'm not in the carribean rite now. D issue is dt would i be issued a student visa because i'm going to be doing the clinicals in the hospital, not in a school. Also, can i process the visa from here?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2012
@alutacontinua,

For study permit processing time, check this link -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp

In another words I think you are going for internship/work/IT as part of your curriculum, am I right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2012
newmusic: @alutacontinua,

For study permit processing time, check this link -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp

In another words I think you are going for internship/work/IT as part of your curriculum, am I right?

alutacontinua that link will answer your question about processing time, though it depends on the Caribbean island you are applying from, Jamaican takes longer than Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
justwise:

alutacontinua that link will answer your question about processing time, though it depends on the Caribbean island you are applying from, Jamaican takes longer than Nigeria

Point of correction sir
Jamaica takes 10weeks max., Nigeria on the other hand is 19weeks (one quarter of a year to half of a year)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
mercylicious:

Tell ur uncle dt 3M will not do.
It is expected dt the money in d acnt shld be able to take care of ur fees+living expense and as well, ur uncle should have enough remaining to take care of himself and other dependants.
Apart 4rm d closing balance, the cash flow and source of fund is also important.
My dad is to sponsor me, not my uncle. Anyways, we just asked him since he studied at Canada. the tuition fee for my course is $4500-$7600($7600 for all science courses, then $4500 for my course) and accommodation is around $6500( for double, then one person will pay average of that). So you see why he said so?
Also, my family still got some to keep them going great.
Hope am all cleared?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pufectskin: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2012
Hello guys,
so i am in need of advice on what school to go to in Canada for my MBA. Here is my list of considerations and
i ll appreciate any advice. please be nice in words, I just need help here:
1. I am more keen about a school that offers internship opportunities more than how hard the school is
for instance in the US, Harvard is tough to get into but Drexel is easier but it is also not hard to get a job after Drexel
because Drexel has lots of co-ops and internship ops in d city of Philly and even NYC, MD and Jersey.
2. I would like a place that has quite a bit africans around
3. I would like a place with a system that is closer to the US education system than UK (I have been to UK and I HATED it, but that is just my own personal issue).
4. I got into Schulich but I am not how sure of its diversity which is why I am seeking advice here...Should I go to Schulich?
I havent been to the city where Schulich is and I dont know what is like...but its d business school at York Univ.
I am considering Uni of Calgary but I dunno how hard it'd be..
Any advice?

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:22am On Oct 28, 2012
@All by this time last year, if u follow prt 2 of the travelling to canada thread u wld see people were being called for medicals by ending of October and beginning of November, I pray the same happens to us this year. Plz as soon as any1 is called for medicals, kindly share with the house and so would I by God's grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 10:39am On Oct 28, 2012
Been away... ABMONEY got busted. Sorry to bring this up again but couldn't help laughing out loud.

@justwise, excellent job you did.
@abmoney, I heard you are number 2 in the hall of shame.
@seir405 & @mercylicious, una two get eagle eye. Too sharp.

My Advice
@abmoney, The past is never dead.
@all, Lets not be like a fish so hungry it swallowed the hook
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2012
i am new on here and recently applied, i have tried several times to track my application but it keeps coming out as no record, is there any other way i can track the application or is there something im missing in the application reference number inputing, i put all the slashes and all the numbers starting with NGA/...../..../.. still comes out the same , put my date of birth with it as well still nothing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
alutacontinua: @justwise, i'm a nigerian but in the carribean rite now. D issue is dt would i be issued a student visa because i'm going to be doing the clinicals in the hospital, not in a school. Also, can i process the visa from here?

To the best of knowledge ,what you are seeking is a placement in a Canadian hospital to do your clinicals,more like an internship if you ask me. It really does not have much to do with study because you will basically be in a working environment even though your intention is to learn while you are at it.

The best approach is for you to go on the internet and apply to hospitals in Canada. You have to identify the area you want to stay and do your clinicals in Canada,the province,territory or municipality and then limit your search to that particular area but it would have been a lot easier if you have some one or a contact on ground in Canada that would aid your search. If you are applying you state your case how it is. Would advice you make your pool of search wider though.

Once you have an hospital ready to accept you for your clinicals ,they would be the one to give you some sought of acceptance or employment letter that would be used to apply for a temporary work/residence permit at the embassy either from within canada or where you are located. The visa or permit when granedt would span the duration of your program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2012
pufectskin: Hello guys,
so i am in need of advice on what school to go to in Canada for my MBA. Here is my list of considerations and
i ll appreciate any advice. please be nice in words, I just need help here:
1. I am more keen about a school that offers internship opportunities more than how hard the school is
for instance in the US, Harvard is tough to get into but Drexel is easier but it is also not hard to get a job after Drexel
because Drexel has lots of co-ops and internship ops in d city of Philly and even NYC, MD and Jersey.
2. I would like a place that has quite a bit africans around
3. I would like a place with a system that is closer to the US education system than UK (I have been to UK and I HATED it, but that is just my own personal issue).
4. I got into Schulich but I am not how sure of its diversity which is why I am seeking advice here...Should I go to Schulich?
I havent been to the city where Schulich is and I dont know what is like...but its d business school at York Univ.
I am considering Uni of Calgary but I dunno how hard it'd be..
Any advice?

Cheers

There lots of schools in Canada but you need to narrow down your choice to specifics like where you would want to stay and then start from there. You did mention diversity and a school that offers internship. They are a lot of diversity and multiculturalism in most schools in Canada . Also most schools do give information about diversity infos of their schools on their websites including informations about courses that offer internship and co-op opportunities,you only need to include that has part of your school search. I believe most professional programs do offer such in conjuction with the professional bodies in charge of regulating such disciplines in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
moscojoe: moscojoe]pls house is it possible for adult to sponsor adult that is married

Yes. I am a good example.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
lft:

Yes. I am a good example.

hello lft,ao far about preparation?the ticket tinZ na war o o.ao come is dat xpensive during winter.GOD DEY ANYWAY.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
spencer3705:

hello lft,ao far about preparation?the ticket tinZ na war o o.ao come is dat xpensive during winter.GOD DEY ANYWAY.

How much is the flight ticket? To what destination? What airline? Fill me in bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
spencer3705:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
pauloman:

How much is the flight ticket? To what destination? What airline? Fill me in bro...

lufthansa-480k,klm-435k,emir8-385k.conecting flight to saskatoon from lagos.one way.can u imagine!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
spencer3705:

lufthansa-480k,klm-435k,emir8-385k.conecting flight to saskatoon from lagos.one way.can u imagine!!

Are those economy or business class flights? What date are you looking at travelling precisely?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
pauloman:

Are those economy or business class flights? What date are you looking at travelling precisely?

ECONOMY!!!.Am planing to go within 15-20th december but it cnt exceed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
spencer3705:

ECONOMY!!!.Am planing to go within 15-20th december but it cnt exceed.

Ha!! Spencer!! Economy lo n wo....
Omo, that money go buy 10hectare of land for my Village ooo.......
Wonder why it is that expensive this season.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

Ha!! Spencer!! Economy lo n wo....
Omo, that money go buy 10hectare of land for my Village ooo.......
Wonder why it is that expensive this season.....

hahaha.earthgreeners u want make i dey clasic abi?c d price 4 economy sef.i nid enof 2 flex 4 canada abeg o o o o o.calcu tinz o o.lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
spencer3705:

Omo, dis pepe too much ooo! Canadian govt suppose subsidise d flight pepe 4 int'l student ooo.lolzzzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.