Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,992 members, 7,863,553 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513337 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
spencer3705:

ECONOMY!!!.Am planing to go within 15-20th december but it cnt exceed.

Wow ! That is pretty expensive and i think it might be due to the yuletide . There is an international immigration travel agency called OIM they have presence in most countries around the world including Nigeria. They normally offer subsidized flight through lufthansa. Their office is at the island off awolowo road in lagos. It was recommended to me and other immigrants by the embassy in Accra,Ghana. You can contact them by phone to enquire about their flights to your destination. A friend of mine just travelled through them to Sakaskchewan last month and paid 200k. Here is their number to enquire 014613191 more. Cheers bro.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
spencer3705:

hello lft,ao far about preparation?the ticket tinZ na war o o.ao come is dat xpensive during winter.GOD DEY ANYWAY.

@Spencer The thing tire me o. I think it is even the distance that is now a determinant. When do you plan to leave? I plan to leave early December o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
mehn! see naija guys dae leave country like water.

And I need any other better skool to look into, apart from Brandon university.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
blink6: mehn! see naija guys dae leave country like water.

And I need any other better skool to look into, apart from Brandon university.

U funny ooo. We no dey discus dt kain thing 4 dis forum. If u no fit pass waec 4 naija, forget study for Canada. Except u dey go dia 2 marry oyibo.
D level of education in Canny is very high and if u can't cope wit naija level... Sorry. No 'runsing ' in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
mercylicious:

U funny ooo. We no dey discus dt kain thing 4 dis forum. If u no fit pass waec 4 naija, forget study for Canada. Except u dey go dia 2 marry oyibo.
D level of education in Canny is very high and if u can't cope wit naija level... Sorry. No 'runsing ' in Canada.
lol. nice one. But, me understand that one na. And i dae very ready for am. Na my math wey I get d7 dae bother me.
I wan register for neco gce, but was told that d registration is no longer open.
No be me crious pass, and no be me dull pass... shikena!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
pauloman:

Wow ! That is pretty expensive and i think it might be due to the yuletide . There is an international immigration travel agency called OIM they have presence in most countries around the world including Nigeria. They normally offer subsidized flight through lufthansa. Their office is at the island off awolowo road in lagos. It was recommended to me and other immigrants by the embassy in Accra,Ghana. You can contact them by phone to enquire about their flights to your destination. A friend of mine just travelled through them to Sakaskchewan last month and paid 200k. Here is their number to enquire 014613191 more. Cheers bro.

Wow. This info is key.
If this works, u save a whopping 150k
God bless d person dt invented internet
God bless Seun of Nairaland
God bless all of us.

I see a lot of medicals this week, if u believe me shout amen!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
blink6: lol. nice one. But, me understand that one na. And i dae very ready for am. Na my math wey I get d7 dae bother me.
I wan register for neco gce, but was told that d registration is no longer open.
No be me crious pass, and no be me dull pass... shikena!

Bros I suggest u take the next UTME exam, and enrol @ at a Nigerian university for ur Undergraduate degree or a National Diploma just to brush up...Then u can think of Canada for transfer credit or a Masters degree....
Studying in Canada is not just about having the money to pay ur tuition fees and Living expenses..Itz about keeping up with the high standard of education
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

Bros I suggest u take the next UTME exam, and enrol @ at a Nigerian university for ur Undergraduate degree or a National Diploma just to brush up...Then u can think of Canada for transfer credit or a Masters degree....
Studying in Canada is not just about having the money to pay ur tuition fees and Living expenses..Itz about keeping up with the high standard of education
I know I can handle the high standard of education, and that why I want to go there. You shud know that sometimes, exams here can be so frustrating. I did my best,as my fellow mates did... but waec rewarded us with d7 in math. See what it want to cost me now. All is well anyways, and God is in control.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by popa(m): 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
Thank God for this house.
I am happy.
Please brothers,I applied for M.Sc in university of manitoba for january 2013,though I recieved my reference number but I have not obtain my admission letter and I hope to get it soonest. I need advice on how to go for my student visa,work permit and how to secure a cheap room over there. Please I need your help. God bless you.

Good day,I have been checking cic.ca on the area of study permit and I found out that I have to send my acceptance letter while apply for studypermit. Please tell me what to do.
God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:44am On Oct 29, 2012
popa: Thank God for this house.
I am happy.
Please brothers,I applied for M.Sc in university of manitoba for january 2013,though I recieved my reference number but I have not obtain my admission letter and I hope to get it soonest. I need advice on how to go for my student visa,work permit and how to secure a cheap room over there. Please I need your help. God bless you.

At the time you would be getting ur acceptance letter it would be too late to apply for a study permit cos it normally takes 4-6 months for the Canadian embassy in Nigeria to process a study permit application. Therefore, I suggest you defer your admission to May (Summer) or better still September (Fall) 2013 start.

As for getting a cheap room, u might consider sharing a room off-campus with anoda student. The University College Residence (Double room) is the cheapest on-campus accomodation at the University of Manitoba..

All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2012
pauloman:

thanks broda! This is nice info.i wud bell them and get the info back to the house.u 2 much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2012
blink6:
I know I can handle the high standard of education, and that why I want to go there. You shud know that sometimes, exams here can be so frustrating. I did my best,as my fellow mates did... but waec rewarded us with d7 in math. See what it want to cost me now. All is well anyways, and God is in control.

You 'did your best' with a D7in maths WAEC for that matter?

If it is NECO. sef, I'll manage a C4 from your supposed 'best'. From experience, WAEC is d easiest to pass. In d Theory aspect, section B, you choose 5 questions : plot 2 graphs, do 1 construction, one latitude and longitude question, a logarithm question, indices, probability, solve equations etc. Section A is quite simple and straight forward.
Make sure you get the answers in your objective right, 60 questions, 60marks.
You need to face your exams and worry less about canada for now.
I wished I studied hard for ma SSCE. (Nevertheless, it is d easiest to pass with flying colors sef)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:13am On Oct 29, 2012
@ Blink,
Be objective. Ask and answer these questions to yourself
1. What do I want to do in terms of Education?(What are your educational goals)
2. Am I qualified for the course I want to study? Did I runs my other waec papers? Do I want to run into academic troubles in Canada? What subject(s) do I have strenghts in- that I don't need to runs?
3. Is it not better I take things step by step- starting with studying and passing my exams?
4. Will it be easy for me to convince others about my intentions to study in Canada (Convincing the VO) with the attitude I have shown on this thread?
Bros answer these questions truthfully and take my advice. You need to first of all STUDY AND PASS YOUR O LEVELS. Most of us giving you this advice have passed through a University, some are even in Canada and we have age and experience to say what we say. You cannot build a house by starting from the roof.quote author=blink6]
I know I can handle the high standard of education, and that why I want to go there. You shud know that sometimes, exams here can be so frustrating. I did my best,as my fellow mates did... but waec rewarded us with d7 in math. See what it want to cost me now. All is well anyways, and God is in control.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Skulboy(m): 8:46am On Oct 29, 2012
TRV_IJN: @ Blink,
Be objective. Ask and answer these questions to yourself
1. What do I want to do in terms of Education?(What are your educational goals)
2. Am I qualified for the course I want to study? Did I runs my other waec papers? Do I want to run into academic troubles in Canada? What subject(s) do I have strenghts in- that I don't need to runs?
3. Is it not better I take things step by step- starting with studying and passing my exams?
4. Will it be easy for me to convince others about my intentions to study in Canada (Convincing the VO) with the attitude I have shown on this thread?
Bros answer these questions truthfully and take my advice. You need to first of all STUDY AND PASS YOUR O LEVELS. Most of us giving you this advice have passed through a University, some are even in Canada and we have age and experience to say what we say. You cannot build a house by starting from the roof.quote author=blink6]

TRV IJN, you made a whole lot of sense.

Talking of studying in Canada which has always been my aim, can I apply for a PGD in software engineering or graphics design (and thereafter go for an MSc. Software Engineering or MSc. Graphics Design) with a BSc. Economics?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2012
Skulboy:

TRV IJN, you made a whole lot of sense.

Talking of studying in Canada which has always been my aim, can I apply for a PGD in software engineering or graphics design (and thereafter go for an MSc. Software Engineering or MSc. Graphics Design) with a BSc. Economics?

CO: I'd have to deny you due to the following reasons:
Reason: Not a BONAFIDE student

Ps: we've seen lots of that on this thread and its parts. Your First degree has to be in accordance with what you wanna study. You'll stand a better chAnce if you have a professional certificate in software engineering/graphics design. Even at that, you wldnt be going for masters But a diploma prog.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2012
@all let those that can track, start tracking n xpect to see dem "come pik dia package" while some of us await calls for medicals this week, itz gonna be awesome...u bet by God's grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Skulboy(m): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2012
lillaowow:

Ps: we've seen lots of that on this thread and its parts. Your First degree has to be in accordance with what you wanna study. You'll stand a better chAnce if you have a professional certificate in software engineering/graphics design. Even at that, you wldnt be going for masters But a diploma prog.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jraw: 11:27am On Oct 29, 2012
@earthgreeners,skulbol.
Can diploma in compter engineering(upper),b of advtage in securin shcolarshp,wen combine with b.eng in computer engineering (upper),MCTIP.nid ur advce cos hav not trend on dat path b4.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:27am On Oct 29, 2012
I disagree with lillawow.

People can change their career paths and anyone who has been in the corporate world for a while will agree with me. I think the key thing is progress/pedigree you have in line with a career/academic studies in the area of your intended course of study. The embassies are also aware of this that is why in the student questionnaire (your blank cheque for stating your case) there is a part that askes 'Do you have academic prerequisites OR Work experience relevant to this program? If so LIST AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE.
Please Skulboy if you want to be a software Engineer, let no one stop you, Canadian embassy will not deny you because ur 1st degree is in Economics but if you cannot with your whole application prove ur educational goals, future plans and what you have done so far to achieve that, that is where you may have a problem.
Guys let's read the whole application instructions amd guidelines so we aren't told what someone thinks CDHC means but what they actually do mean.
lillaowow:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 11:38am On Oct 29, 2012
I can see there are so many VOs in the house...

and blink6, try and get your complete O level at one sitting, WAEC preferably, don't combine results. All you need is a piece of advice, not being bullied...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
@Skulboy...take to what @Lilwawao dropped.
@Trv_IJN...have you ever heard about 'correlation' in Canada edu world?. Canada aint UK where you could change field anyhow. How do you expect someone who had Bsc in Econs to cope with Msc in Engineering. It's always easy for someone with Bsc Eng to go for other management programmes @ Msc level. CDHC doesn't joke with COURSE MISMATCH. If @skulboy goes with your stand, it's gonna be 1% chance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by popa(m): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
[quote author=earthgreeners]

At the time you would be getting ur acceptance letter it would be too late to apply for a study permit cos it normally takes 4-6 months for the Canadian embassy in Nigeria to process a study permit application. Therefore, I suggest you defer your admission to May (Summer) or better still September (Fall) 2013 start.

As for getting a cheap room, u might consider sharing a room off-campus with anoda student. The University College Residence (Double room) is the cheapest on-campus accomodation at the University of Manitoba..

All the best
Ever,please I been checking cic.ca on the area of study permit but I found out that I have to present my acceptance letter.
Please tell me what next to do concerning that.
God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hi Joe,
You are saying something different from what I said. Please read my post again (just try and do it).
I didn't ask him to go to an M Eng immediately and he (skulboy didn't say that).
My first degree is in Electrical Engineering but I have built a career in a different field. All I am saying in simply english is if you have work experience,maybe some cerifications and training in a field, you can purse a career in that field irrespective of first degree. If you apply to a highly competitive program in a top school, you will see how all these criteria are taken into consideration. Having said that, if the case is not as Skulboy stated but as your example, I agree with you, he wud has even a lower chance @ getting the admission sef. Anyway I based my statement on Skulboy's case not your example
Joe980: @Skulboy...take to what @Lilwawao dropped.
@Trv_IJN...have you ever heard about 'correlation' in Canada edu world?. Canada aint UK where you could change field anyhow. How do you expect someone who had Bsc in Econs to cope with Msc in Engineering. It's always easy for someone with Bsc Eng to go for other management programmes @ Msc level. CDHC doesn't joke with COURSE MISMATCH. If @skulboy goes with your stand, it's gonna be 1% chance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lokzie: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
@TRV and all.
Maybe he stands a chance, but he would need to have proof of experience and maybe as lilaowow suggested, some certifications already. A very good statement of purpose with relevant work experience and certifications can increase his chances to 80-90% given all other conditions and of course GOD's GRACE
TRV_IJN: Hi Joe,
You are saying something different from what I said. Please read my post again (just try and do it).
I didn't ask him to go to an M Eng immediately and he (skulboy didn't say that).
My first degree is in Electrical Engineering but I have built a career in a different field. All I am saying in simply english is if you have work experience,maybe some cerifications and training in a field, you can purse a career in that field irrespective of first degree. If you apply to a highly competitive program in a top school, you will see how all these criteria are taken into consideration. Having said that, if the case is not as Skulboy stated but as your example, I agree with you, he wud has even a lower chance @ getting the admission sef. Anyway I based my statement on Skulboy's case not your example
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
@TRV_IJN...I read and comprehend you. Am not against your view, I only responded based on what @skulboys gave the house. Maybe when he comes up with all his qualification more light would be shed on his case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
TRV_IJN: I disagree with lillawow.

People can change their career paths and anyone who has been in the corporate world for a while will agree with me. I think the key thing is progress/pedigree you have in line with a career/academic studies in the area of your intended course of study. The embassies are also aware of this that is why in the student questionnaire (your blank cheque for stating your case) there is a part that askes 'Do you have academic prerequisites OR Work experience relevant to this program? If so LIST AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE.
Please Skulboy if you want to be a software Engineer, let no one stop you, Canadian embassy will not deny you because ur 1st degree is in Economics but if you cannot with your whole application prove ur educational goals, future plans and what you have done so far to achieve that, that is where you may have a problem.
Guys let's read the whole application instructions amd guidelines so we aren't told what someone thinks CDHC means but what they actually do mean.

"List and provide evidence"
Tell me, how do you do that without a degree in software engineering??

If he is processing a skul in US or UK, he might get his permit without much stress BUT CDHC thinks differently.
First and foremost, they want to be sure you intention is to study. Secondly, they want to see correlation in what you wanna study. With what I've seen so far, No academic prerequisite= not a BONAFIDE student.

And pls, stop arguing like AUGUSTAPPLICANT.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
lokzie: @TRV and all.
Maybe he stands a chance, but he would need to have proof of experience and maybe as lilaowow suggested, some certifications already. A very good statement of purpose with relevant work experience and certifications can increase his chances to 80-90% given all other conditions and of course GOD's GRACE

IF he's going for a Diploma program. BUT a masters prog, with a first degree in ECONS, what he'll get (which I'm 90% sure) is NOT a BONAFIDE student
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
TRV_IJN: Hi Joe,
My first degree is in Electrical Engineering but I have built a career in a different field. All I am saying in simply english is if you have work experience, maybe some cerifications and training in a field , you can purse a career in that field irrespective of first degree. If you apply to a highly competitive program in a top school, you will see how all these criteria are taken into consideration. Having said that, if the case is not as Skulboy stated but as your example, I agree with you, he wud has even a lower chance @ getting the admission sef. Anyway I based my statement on Skulboy's case not your example

@ highlighted.... At first you disagree with me, then you agreed.
I already said if he did professional courses in graphics design/software engineering. 'Work experience' without a professional certification. equals to not a BONAFIDE student. Even with professional certification he can only get a diploma prog.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
@earthgreeners, lft, spencer et al- is direct flight available 2 newfoundland? If it is, do u knw how much?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
mehn! una dn finish me. Nonetheless, I wasn't expecting less. Never said I cheated in my exam...
God knows sup. I rest my case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
lillaowow:

"List and provide evidence"
Tell me, how do you do that without a degree in software engineering??

If he is processing a skul in US or UK, he might get his permit without much stress BUT CDHC thinks differently.
First and foremost, they want to be sure you intention is to study. Secondly, they want to see correlation in what you wanna study. With what I've seen so far, No academic prerequisite= not a BONAFIDE student.

And pls, stop arguing like AUGUSTAPPLICANT.

u and august aplicant,u don forget u sef na august aplicant.if u yab august aplicnt,u dey Yab all of una wey submit 4 august.haha.Its always good for your previous courses and d intended course to be coherent to convince d v.o u knw wat u are doing.ao can u learn tailoring,and later come to me u want to join nigeria bar asociatn hahaha,u sef go look d person whether he dey aiit or nt.thesame thing is aplicable here.being a layman and comonsensicaly u sud b able to discern from wat is gud or bad.Lilaowow is one of d guru in d house and his point is well established.eni ba leti ko gbo ohun ti emi n so fun ijo!!!LOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by molue27: 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
Good day house, pls, help me with the requirement for a sponsors affidavit i.e wat I should provide at the court. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.