Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:26 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513159 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
lillaowow:

no prob bro...........
i'll be going on monday........
we can hook up on BBM 273172B1

Am not on BBM but we can fix a time to meet. What about 12noon? Let me have your number.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2012
Mehn....I'm rili sowii abt all d refusals in the house 2dae...cryGod is on ur syd so dnt lose hope...4 me,i'm stil waitn nd prayin for myself and all august applicants in the house undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
effizypo:

Pauloman thanks. Honestly I have had this FSWP thing at the back of my mind all the while. Understand its suspended for now. Please let me have your email, I will be considering it for 2013.

Am not applying to the Canada embassy in Lagos again, atleast not for now.

My email addy is ufeli_ocp@yahoo.com. Expecting your mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=effizypo][/quote]

Done already bro...The final part of the new policy for the FSWP should be out before december runs out. Lots of prospective applicants are already getting themselve set to submit their applications . So i believe you should be warming up too as regards gathering of documents and other stuffs like preparing for IELTS exams because that is a major determinant since the language requirements carries the highest points on the point grid system.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
pauloman:

Done already bro...The final part of the new policy for the FSWP should be out before december runs out. Lots of prospective applicants are already getting themselve set to submit their applications . So i believe you should be warming up to as regards gathering of documents and other stuffs like preparing for IELTS exams because that is a major determinant since the language requirements carries the highest points on the point grid system.

How long does it tAke to register and write an IELTS exam?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
pauloman:

Done already bro...The final part of the new policy for the FSWP should be out before december runs out. Lots of prospective applicants are already getting themselve set to submit their applications . So i believe you should be warming up too as regards gathering of documents and other stuffs like preparing for IELTS exams because that is a major determinant since the language requirements carries the highest points on the point grid system.

Ok. Just knowing why I am actually here on Nairaland.
I have sent you a mail already. Will be sending you another one later. Thanks and aspa the IELTS exam, how do one go about it. Like I told you my wife will be doing the applying this time. Let her also try her luck. cheers grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ur application with ref numb .... Is now ready for collection. Pls visit d centre with ur receipt to collect same which was processed on 23/11/2012. I intend to wait till january before i go for d collection cos am in jos and i just cant imagine d stress of goin all d way to lagos to collect documents i dont need immediately.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
johnsonerhis: Ur application with ref numb .... Is now ready for collection. Pls visit d centre with ur receipt to collect same which was processed on 23/11/2012. I intend to wait till january before i go for d collection cos am in jos and i just cant imagine d stress of goin all d way to lagos to collect documents i dont need immediately.

Unfortunately I cannot collect it for you. Would have love to help. But I think you can arrange a delivery with VFS. They will charge some amount and mail it to you. You may want to give them a call to find out how that works.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
uchechuwku:

How long does it tAke to register and write an IELTS exam?

It only takes a few hours to register and make payments at the Britsh council in Lagos. During your registration you get to pick the exact date from a list of already specified exam dates on their schedule.

My advice to @effizypo is to try and enrol for the exam as early as possible even before the new policy review is concluded because many try out the test and dont get their best result @ their first sitting. So it is advisable to make sure applicants tender their best score when applying for the FSWP now since language requirement is now the higest allocated point on the point grid system. In the new policy both husband and wife are mandated to take the test and the result after the exam is valid for 2year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
@lillaowow, i am so sorry. @all, today is a sad day on this forum. Sorry about the denial, repackage and refire. I am still waiting for decision to be made on my application since august 3rd, na wa oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2012
pauloman:

It only takes a few hours to register and make payments at the Britsh council in Lagos. During your registration you get to pick the exact date from a list of already specified exam dates on their schedule.

My advice to @effizypo is to try and enrol for the exam as early as possible even before the new policy review is concluded because many try out the test and dont get their best result @ their first sitting. So it is advisable to make sure applicants tender their best score when applying for the FSWP now since language requirement is now the higest allocated point on the point grid system. In the new policy both husband and wife are mandated to take the test and the result after the exam is valid for 2year

Like how much does it cost and can I get materials to prepare for the exam?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2012
uchechuwku:

....I am pretty sure u can get the materials there....but when I did mine...I didnt buy any materials...I just went for the exam....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
uchechuwku:

Siga is right....As at early march this year,you make payment of 35k through a bank draft to Zenith bank and the cost of study materials was about 5k and it includes a study booklet with a practise CD inside.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
pauloman:

Siga is right....As at early march this year,you make payment of 35k through a bank draft to Zenith bank and the cost of study materials was about 5k and it includes a study booklet with a practise CD inside.
...To be honest with you....I dont think any Nigerian that passed English legitimately needs to worry about passing IELTS....just my opinion...I may be wrong...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
Siga: ...To be honest with you....I dont think any Nigerian that passed English legitimately needs to worry about passing IELTS....just my opinion...I may be wrong...

Bro i dont quite agree with you on that oh...IELTS test does not come in the format of the WAEC or SSCE exams. Sincerely speaking that exam is tough because it is technical. Fine! it is the normal english language thingy we all did in secondary school but it is the technicality that knocks most people out ! Especially in the listening and Reading Test. Hence the need to practice those aspect well and of course you also have time to contend with. Though it is not a pass or fail exam but your score matters depending which institution/organization and their stipulated requirements on what the minimum score you should have.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
pauloman:

Bro i dont quite agree with you on that oh...IELTS test does not come in the format of the WAEC or SSCE exams. Sincerely speaking that exam is tough because it is technical. Fine! it is the normal english language thingy we all did in secondary school but it is the technicality that knocks most people out ! Especially in the listening and Reading Test. Hence the need to practice those aspect well and of course you also have time to contend with. Though it is not a pass or fail exam but your score matters depending which institution/organization and their stipulated requirements on what the minimum score you should have.
...I totally agree with you....our accent dey wahala us small....ur point dey valid...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
This is really sad, coming back from the medicals to check on my nairalanders, only to be reading of denials here and there, rily sad, but the deal is that, God knows best!!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=lillaowow]woke up early in the morning and tracked my application, status was still the same (you application is being processed blah blah blah..)
dressed up for an 8 o clock appointment i have with my HOD.
left HOD's office disappointed.
i decided i'll go home and enjoy the weekend (as usual, watch crime TV and premiership)
i was just about getting a bus when SPENCER called and said "You need to track"
i was very reluctant. Besides, i couldn't see well in the sun.
a kid hawked chilled drink towards where i stood. so i asked "do you have lacasera?".
i bought Lacasera, opened it, sipping it inside the sun while trying to checked out the VAC website.
SUDDENLY, the Lacasera turned sour in my mouth.
i asked myself "what d F just happened?"
Well, the simple truth of the matter is that my status changed (hallelujah) BUT not what i had expected.
what could have happened?
i did my part sha

@lilaowow and all dat were denied, God knows best....i was denied twice usa visa last year bt dis year God compensated me wit trv having aplied once cos i didnt give up.GOD knws where to fulfill our plans...i belief it is a test of faith."d downfall of a man isnt d end of his life" never give up..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
Guys....I just want to say this for all those that were refused....been refused now does not mean when you reapply, you will be refused again....these CDHC work on quota....if and when it is full they give ridiculous excuses to refuse....some of them have back logged files on their desk and Supervisor dey worry them to clear it and the easiest and fastest way to clear it is to refuse with some nonsense excuse....so...inlight of this...my guys, refire the furnace....just take time and reset....no need to panic or rush....God is good!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
Siga: ...I totally agree with you....our accent dey wahala us small....ur point dey valid...

For listening section, yeah. I made 5.5 out of 9! Not fun at all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
is it that they have exceeded their quota for the year or something.? sad cause this denial spree is too appalling.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by francspencer: 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
Was refused today, submitted 31/08/12 cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2012
francspencer: Was refused today, submitted 31/08/12 cry
....sorry to hear this ....but wat was the reason/reasons?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
This is indeed a black friday on this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by francspencer: 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
I cant help it but laugh, their aint no reason to cry. Sleepless night over, starting afresh, sorry bro siga, CDHC broke my heart, next resumption sept, looks like a very long time. But come to think of it, it seems they didnt really check my application, i expected them to have removed my dads statement of account and other stuffs that i shd be able to re provide, the funniest is the took my original school transcript, what could they want with that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by francspencer: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
the reason was
1.) insufficient funds to pay school fees without working
2.) insufficient funds to live without working
3.) Dont think you would return after ur course of study
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
francspencer: the reason was
1.) insufficient funds to pay school fees without working
2.) insufficient funds to live without working
3.) Dont think you would return after ur course of study
Thanks
...1 and 2 they may have a reason for....but 3 is wat makes me laugh all the time....the same CDHC wey talk say u no go come back after ur studies, created a sweet pathway for every international students to stay and secure PR after studies....they cry on the news everyday we need to keep our international graduates...so, this is so funny and ridiculous....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
francspencer: I cant help it but laugh, their aint no reason to cry. Sleepless night over, starting afresh, sorry bro siga, CDHC broke my heart, next resumption sept, looks like a very long time. But come to think of it, it seems they didnt really check my application, i expected them to have removed my dads statement of account and other stuffs that i shd be able to re provide, the funniest is the took my original school transcript, what could they want with that?

Plz take heart.
They don't take statement of accnts. They only take documents addressed to them.
I believe the transcript was addressed to them.
This is getting really scary. How much was in ur dad's acnt?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
omosanyaolak: . I am still waiting for decision to be made on my application since august 3rd, na wa oh.
bro.......No be onli u o,i also submitted on august 15th..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by francspencer: 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
okay thanks for the info: 7 m
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by francspencer: 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
Well what i think the problem is that the account didnt really have some fantastic turn over, u can think of an account having a opening balance of 600k then with 6 months to 7 m. it crazy and suspicious, the thing is the bulk of the money came with some strong decisions and some things had to let go, it really for my school and up keeps in canada, funny thats the reason for my denial. still thinking maybe i should re apply to canada or apply to australia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.