Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513156 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 11:16am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 11:22am On Nov 23, 2012
effizypo: I just tracked now and here is what I saw: Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied. I guess its a refusal. Not quite sure what to do, to reapply or just forget it. Time is not on my side. Will head to VFS later today to collect my precious docs.

Take heart my brother. Repackage and correct the anomalies then reapply. God's time is the best.
Wish you the best in your endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2012
effizypo: I just tracked now and here is what I saw: Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied. I guess its a refusal. Not quite sure what to do, to reapply or just forget it. Time is not on my side. Will head to VFS later today to collect my precious docs.

Chairman...... When did ur apps get to cdhc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 23, 2012
effizypo:

HERE ARE THE DOCS I SUBMITTED
All the downloaded docs from CDHC website.
Processing fee (19,500) Bank draft
WAEC certificate
BSC certificate
Various professional/training certificates
Transcripts from University and Transcript from a professional body
NPC attestation of birth (I lost my original birth cert)
Marriage certificate (I am married)
Birth certificates of my wife and kids
Letter of consent- Wife
Reference Letter from my institute
Reference letter from my Employer
Bank reference from employer (in support of letter of support)
Proof of shareholding in my company
Proof of Business ownership with receipts of transaction and payments of levy and utility bill
Letter of support (Employer): stating they guarantee my studies and will pay my salary while studying
Acceptance letter from School
Admission letter from School
Receipt of payment of 1 semester tuition
Documents of my house and landed properties
Pay slip (3 months)
Statement of account (6M+)
Letter from employer stating annual income of 3.7M+
Shares documents
Family pix
Police clearance certificate
2 passport photo taken at VFS
International passports (old and new)
Leave approval letter from employer
Statement of purpose
My CV
Office ID card
Evidence of previous employment
Insurance Policy with my kids as beneficiaries.

Note:
All the answers I provided in the study permit questionnaire had additional sheets which I called appendix 1, 11, 111 etc
I am no more a dependant so I am sponsoring myself.
But above all I submitted to God’s will for my life. Wishing everyone the best.

I just wonder what their reason could be.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 23, 2012
xtus:

Chairman...... When did ur apps get to cdhc

His was 4th sept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 11:54am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
effizypo:

My brother I couldn't even remember my password to Nairaland after I read the status change. The sad thing is that i am a very emotional person. I cannot stand a second delay from CDHC. If it was something you do and in like 1month its over with, I would have considered. I will consider the Skilled immigration option together with my whole family instead. @Pauloman and co, to the rescue grin grin grin grin

You're very much qualified for PR. Just exploit that way.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
@siga, @all, good day, many thanks for your well analysed comments, i have a brother in the states, he's a US soldier, he has filed for me, dd that in July. I'm in the process of gettin admission letters frm either Uleth or Mount Royal for a bsc in comp sci, my questions are: at 36, going for another bsc, what are my chances? Can my brother be a sponsor? Wont CDHC querry my resolve to schl in canada rather than US where he is? Can i have more than 2 sponsors?
I hope to hear your comments, many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
CDHC is rili takin their time on my application since 15th august wen i submitted..I just hope it comes out positive... undecided

N.B: i'm a minor nd wz tld that my chances are higher..How true is dis?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
@xtus, how far?, anything from CDHC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
bryanhumber: CDHC is rili takin their time on my application since 15th august wen i submitted..I just hope it comes out positive... undecided

N.B: i'm a minor nd wz tld that my chances are higher..How true is dis?

Did I hear you say HIGHER...sorry there are equal chances for everyone.........being a Minor even makes it difficult for CDHC to approve ur study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bryanhumber(m): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
earthgreeners:

Did I hear you say HIGHER...sorry there are equal chances for everyone.........being a Minor even makes it difficult for CDHC to approve ur study permit
oooh ok...Thanks a lot cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
earthgreeners: @xtus, how far?, anything from CDHC

Nothing yet boss........ Hopefully nxt week by God divine favor oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
kanayogod: @siga, @all, good day, many thanks for your well analysed comments, i have a brother in the states, he's a US soldier, he has filed for me, dd that in July. I'm in the process of gettin admission letters frm either Uleth or Mount Royal for a bsc in comp sci, my questions are: at 36, going for another bsc, what are my chances? Can my brother be a sponsor? Wont CDHC querry my resolve to schl in canada rather than US where he is? Can i have more than 2 sponsors?
I hope to hear your comments, many thanks.
....Ur bro can sponsor u and u can have more than 2 sponsors....there is no place written on CDHC website that u cant have more than 2 sponsors, it may raise questions though....do u work now? becos CDHC will want to know why you are not working or wat u do now...when did u finish ur first degree? and in wat...why not pursue a PDG or Masters....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=effizypo]

My brother I couldn't even remember my password to Nairaland after I read the status change. The sad thing is that i am a very emotional person. I cannot stand a second delay from CDHC. If it was something you do and in like 1month its over with, I would have considered. I will consider the Skilled immigration option together with my whole family instead. @Pauloman and co, to the rescue grin grin grin grin[/quot

Hey bro,so sorry about your refusal ! Such is life. Looking at the documents you submitted i am kind of amazed why the embassy should deny or refuse your application because in terms of home ties you got it-with your employment and family (wife and children being in Nigeria),and as per funds i want to believe you are okay in that area too or perhaps was it the authenticity of the documents you submitted that couldnt convince them?(#just thinking aloud#). Anyway, just go and collect your documents and furnish the house what the embassy's reasons for refusal are.

As per your considering the FSW visa option,what is your area of discipline and how many years of work experience do you have ? It is noteworthy to say that atimes people have a lot going for them such that they can make instant visa success when they apply for a particular visa category but because they do not know what potential they have to achieve success in a particular visa category, they end up applying for the wrong type of visa which they will end up being refused or denied at the end. Such happened to me.

Looking at the documents you submitted i think you might just do well applying for another visa category like the FSW or any other visa category and you just might achieve success and of course another option is to re-fire back at your trv .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
effizypo:

My brother I couldn't even remember my password to Nairaland after I read the status change. The sad thing is that i am a very emotional person. I cannot stand a second delay from CDHC. If it was something you do and in like 1month its over with, I would have considered. I will consider the Skilled immigration option together with my whole family instead. @Pauloman and co, to the rescue grin grin grin grin
My bro...I dont have much to offer now until we all see the reason/reasons for refusal....then we go know how to fire the train...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
Siga: .....do u work now? becos CDHC will want to know why you are not working or wat u do now...when did u finish ur first degree? and in wat...why not pursue a PDG or Masters....
many thanks for the response, yes, i work at the moment, i finished 2008, computer science, my friend at Uleth is the one handlin it, he says he believe i stand a better chance of admission for bsc than msc, also, i have tried without success to get Msc, my grade is 2.7/7.0, UI scale. One sponsor is based at alberta, my brother and dad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 1:22pm On Nov 23, 2012
mercylicious:

I just wonder what could be their reason.

@effizypo: You nailed TRV with this documents, it's over complete, i just imagine what their problem is, could it be travel history. The lord is your strength...... given up is not an option.

Stay Cool!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
@all, i ve just bn denied my trv. Hopes high for d future, it was a good fight.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
johnsonerhis: @all, i ve just bn denied my trv. Hopes high for d future, it was a good fight.

Bros on wht reasons and when did u submit ur docx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
Today is not a good day oh enh see how many ppl dat are denied lord pls take control so sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=pauloman][/quote]

Pauloman thanks. Honestly I have had this FSWP thing at the back of my mind all the while. Understand its suspended for now. Please let me have your email, I will be considering it for 2013.

Am not applying to the Canada embassy in Lagos again, atleast not for now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
Siga: My bro...I dont have much to offer now until we all see the reason/reasons for refusal....then we go know how to fire the train...

Thanks Siga, I will inform the house with their reasons on Monday when I return from the VAC, I am intending to refire. As a family man, I guess the FSWP is my best bet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
johnsonerhis: @all, i ve just bn denied my trv. Hopes high for d future, it was a good fight.

Take heart. U said they called u on fone and it didn't end well.
Who gave u d scholarship and does it cover ur tuition and living expense?
Else, how much was in ur sponsor's acnt.
I know how u feel now cos I've been there before.
Just take heart and hope 4 a better 2moro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=pauloman]

Pauloman your email please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
woke up early in the morning and tracked my application, status was still the same (you application is being processed blah blah blah..)
dressed up for an 8 o clock appointment i have with my HOD.
left HOD's office disappointed.
i decided i'll go home and enjoy the weekend (as usual, watch crime TV and premiership)
i was just about getting a bus when SPENCER called and said "You need to track"
i was very reluctant. Besides, i couldn't see well in the sun.
a kid hawked chilled drink towards where i stood. so i asked "do you have lacasera?".
i bought Lacasera, opened it, sipping it inside the sun while trying to checked out the VAC website.
SUDDENLY, the Lacasera turned sour in my mouth.
i asked myself "what d F just happened?"
Well, the simple truth of the matter is that my status changed (hallelujah) BUT not what i had expected.
what could have happened?
i did my part sha

Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
lillaowow: woke up early in the morning and tracked my application, status was still the same (you application is being processed blah blah blah..)
dressed up for an 8 o clock appointment i have with my HOD.
left HOD's office disappointed.
i decided i'll go home and enjoy the weekend (as usual, watch crime TV and premiership)
i was just about getting a bus when SPENCER called and said "You need to track"
i was very reluctant. Besides, i couldn't see well in the sun.
a kid hawked chilled drink towards where i stood. so i asked "do you have lacasera?".
i bought Lacasera, opened it, sipping it inside the sun while trying to checked out the VAC website.
SUDDENLY, the Lacasera turned sour in my mouth.
i asked myself "what d F just happened?"
Well, the simple truth of the matter is that my status changed (hallelujah) BUT not what i had expected.
what could have happened?
i did my part sha

Sorry about your refusal. Like someone told me, they me be running out of allocation for 2012. I guess you could still try for 2013. Age is on your side. I wish you well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
it took them 3 weeks after verifying my sponsor's workplace

lillaowow: My sponsor called. She told me CDHC called her work place. Spoke with d highest Oga about her. (D response was really good, she got d hint from another staff)
Has anyone had such experience before?
Really hoping for positive news soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
so, it was "denial spree" today.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
uchechuwku: so, it was "denial spree" today.......

Please anyone going to VFS on Monday? I will atleast like to see the faces of some of you who got denied. Atleast make I no lose from both sides now. llilawow and johnsonerhis how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
effizypo:

Please anyone going to VFS on Monday? I will atleast like to see the faces of some of you who got denied. Atleast make I no lose from both sides now. llilawow and johnsonerhis how far?

no prob bro...........
i'll be going on monday........
we can hook up on BBM 273172B1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
Kudos to d guys dat do come back to share denial here.....
It ain't easy at all....
My eyes just dey blink up and down since but tears no dey dere.

Na wah ooooo.....na so 19,500 go just go like dat? (I be ibo nah, lolz)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.