Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510955 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Henkyz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
@lft, thaks so much, just that CDHC called my alternative number and its my dad'd line, so they agreed to call back. Probably they must have tried mine and not reachable.. Just tensed!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
Siga: .......are u on a study visa?......if so, I don't think u need a transit visa....call the airline or better still go on their site to be double sure...

Yes I am on a study visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
Henkyz: @lft, thaks so much, just that CDHC called my alternative number and its my dad'd line, so they agreed to call back. Probably they must have tried mine and not reachable.. Just tensed!

@Henkyz, have to submitted all the requirements as par medicals and maybe tuition & accommodation payment receipt? I was also called 2 days before the expiry date given me to submit those requirements and asked of I had submitted them.
You do not have to worry; it's well of you've submitted the requirements.
Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
Congrats to all dt got their trv
To those dt got refused, there is always a better day.
More trvs

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tainzo(m): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
Refusal reasons:

Insufficient financial reasources without working in canada to maintain myself and family members who are accompanying me durring studies.

I did not state that anybody was travelling with me and i also realised that my fixed dep letters which had the bulk fund were attached to my spouce doc leaving me with just about 1.7m in my savings account.

I wish to reapply next week and will gladly welcome any advice from the gurus in the house.

Regards

Tainzo winkRefusal reasons:

Insufficient financial reasources without working in canada to maintain myself and family members who are accompanying me durring studies.

I did not state that anybody was travelling with me and i also realised that my fixed dep letters which had the bulk fund were attached to my spouce doc leaving me with just about 1.7m in my savings account.

I wish to reapply next week and will gladly welcome any advice from the gurus in the house.

Regards

Tainzo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
Hi house. Congrat to all the trv holders. Pls what is the best time to apply for trv for fall 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
@tainzo....I love ur spirit my brother....now, since thats the only reason u were refused, dem make am easy to refire....u need get a co-sponsor wey carry enough weight....no wahala at all....the God we serve never lies....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
imadebaby: Hi house. Congrat to all the trv holders. Pls what is the best time to apply for trv for fall 2013

I tot yu said you status changed earlier....what happened?

imadebaby: @ all my status just changed...from poverty to prosperity...........make unba no swear for me oooo. Tension too much I wan relief am small...lol

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft:

Yes I am on a study visa.
...Please call the airline or better still, apply for a US transit visa....im sure u wont be denied...but if u never buy ur ticket....why not buy KLM or something....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
I believe u need a transit visa cos a friend had to opt for lufthansa 3 weeks ago- he came into naija from a training in dubai and was going back to Canada from naija but couldn't take his original flight cos of transit visa for US.
lft: Do I need US transit visa if my flight to Canada goes through US via united airlines? Please I need answers so that I can finalize my flight booking. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
Will go for my medicals 2morow. Condition given for the medicals was to pay my 1 year tuition fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
tainzo: Refusal reasons:

Insufficient financial reasources without working in canada to maintain myself and family members who are accompanying me durring studies.eapply next week and will gladly welcome any advice from the gurus in the house.

Regards

Tainzo
1. who was ur sponsor? his/her number of dependants?
2. how much was in the fixed deposits?
3. how many years was ur course of study?
Cus i believe these wld be main factors since it was just a financial reason that was given. they wld consider dese factors seriously b4 giving out the visa.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
kayce43:
Cus i believe these wld be main factors since it was just a financial reason that was given. they wld consider dese factors seriously b4 giving out the visa.

Also, what does ur wife do?
Did she include her payslip?
Did u tell them how ur family will cope financially during ur studies?
Those points r very important in ur case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
tainzo: Refusal reasons:

Regards

Tainzo winkRefusal reasons:

Regards

Tainzo

I think it will be good you help us and yourself by answering those questions earlier asked.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
I MET 3 PEOPLE WHO ALSO CAME TO VAC FOR COLLECTION AND THEY WERE REFUSED.
GUYS LETS REMAIN VERY PRAYERFUL O, THIS VISA PEOPLE ARE NOT FUNNY AT ALL O
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=mercylicious]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
Siga: ...Please call the airline or better still, apply for a US transit visa....im sure u wont be denied...but if u never buy ur ticket....why not buy KLM or something....

@Siga, thank you. I have decided to settled for Lufthansa via Calgary.
Do you know RB when you were working with P&G?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
TRV_IJN: I believe u need a transit visa cos a friend had to opt for lufthansa 3 weeks ago- he came into naija from a training in dubai and was going back to Canada from naija but couldn't take his original flight cos of transit visa for US.

Thank you. I have confirm from a brother who works with Amadeus. I'll be settling for Lufthansa via Calgary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
TRV_IJN: I believe u need a transit visa cos a friend had to opt for lufthansa 3 weeks ago- he came into naija from a training in dubai and was going back to Canada from naija but couldn't take his original flight cos of transit visa for US.

Thank you. I have confirmed from a brother who works with Amadeus. I'll be settling for Lufthansa via Calgary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft:

@Siga, thank you. I have decided to settled for Lufthansa via Calgary.
Do you know RB when you were working with P&G?
RB? Nope....maybe a full name would help...and wat yr did RB join P & G?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
Siga: RB? Nope....maybe a full name would help...and wat yr did RB join P & G?

Tunde Akinola. He joined in 2003.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft:

Tunde Akinola. He joined in 2003.
...lol...that UI boy and hin Man U mentality....I dey hin facebook.....he joined after me....just ask him about me...lol...u can mail me privately lets talk.... noshaking2012@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
Siga: ...lol...that UI boy and hin Man U mentality....I dey hin facebook.....he joined after me....just ask him about me...lol...u can mail me privately lets talk.... noshaking2012@gmail.com

What a small world... are you on Skype? Cannot send mail from my yahoo account, just chat. Skype id is ekurious.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft:

What a small world... are you on Skype? Cannot send mail from my yahoo account, just chat. Skype id is ekurious.
Done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft: What a small world... are you on Skype? Cannot send mail from my yahoo account, just chat. Skype id is ekurious.

why not open a gmail account with d same ID, or a new yahoo account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tainzo(m): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
kayce43:

self sponsor with my sister written concent to fund any other expences that may arise. Amount in fixed dep was N3m. My program is a certificate in intl mgt (One year) I applied alongside a friend with almost same amount and he was granted. Hard luck eh? lol
I got married in August, same month i applied and my wife is based in US (green card, I know some will advice i join her instead as i should get my US docs by next year God willing) She is a nurse and i did'nt and do not wish to include her payslips.

I hope this answers your questions.

Anyway, I am to re apply by wed next week with an account balance of over N5m now. Total cost of my prog is approx N4m (living + tuition).

Make una advice na! which levels? lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
tainzo:

self sponsor with my sister written concent to fund any other expences that may arise. Amount in fixed dep was N3m. My program is a certificate in intl mgt (One year) I applied alongside a friend with almost same amount and he was granted. Hard luck eh? lol
I got married in August, same month i applied and my wife is based in US (green card, I know some will advice i join her instead as i should get my US docs by next year God willing) She is a nurse and i did'nt and do not wish to include her payslips.

Anyway, I am to re apply by wed next week with an account balance of over N5m now. Total cost of my prog is approx N4m (living + tuition).

Thanks for taking out time to provide this details. I guess it was just meant to be that way. God's time is the best. My advice? Repackage and refire! I don't think there is anything wrong in the application except that you may want to emphasis more on your ties and increase your financial levels. I guess the 5M stuff is ok.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
tainzo:

Broda, ur package looks good, ur wife's documents should be an added advantage (dunno if am correct) but at least she's in USA legally, if u claim to b married I tink they wld require some document like ; ur marriage cert, her green card and others like utility bills, it shld help u, anyway u hav ur reasons y u dnt want to use her docs, I tink u shld go up to 6M if u can. Also ur friends case may b different frm urs if u review it carefully. And after refusal ur supposed to give a 3months gap, b4 re-applying, make proper research b4 re-apply to b on d safe side, u can ask dem at VAC or any reliable source u have. Also make sure u have documents showing concrete proof of ur source of funds #vryimportant to CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
dealexad: I MET 3 PEOPLE WHO ALSO CAME TO VAC FOR COLLECTION AND THEY WERE REFUSED.
GUYS LETS REMAIN VERY PRAYERFUL O, THIS VISA PEOPLE ARE NOT FUNNY AT ALL O

Bro pls gist d ouse wetin yu see/observe nah......abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
kayce43:
Broda, ur package looks good, ur wife's documents should be an added advantage (dunno if am correct) but at least she's in USA legally, if u claim to b married I tink they wld require some document like ; ur marriage cert, her green card and others like utility bills, it shld help u, anyway u hav ur reasons y u dnt want to use her docs, I tink u shld go up to 6M if u can. Also ur friends case may b different frm urs if u review it carefully.And after refusal ur supposed to give a 3months gap, b4 re-applying, make proper research b4 re-apply to b on d safe side, u can ask dem at VAC or any reliable source u have. Also make sure u have documents showing concrete proof of ur source of funds #vryimportant to CDHC.

This is not true
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tainzo(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
surecan:

This is not true

Aight bro, lets hear your opinion. I'm all ears especially on re applying next week. My wife is currently in the process of changing her name and getting her US passport in her new name. Felt it will complicate issues.

If canada no accept, I have the option of US green card next year.

So pleaae let all the advice pour in pleaaase!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
surecan:

This is not true
Okay I may be wrong but Support ur statement, if itz not true, so he can apply nxt week? After refusal this week, nairalanders need ur honest answers on this!

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.