Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510980 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Guys please help me out here are u telling me dat the international passport, I got this month NOV can't be used to apply for visa for sept2013 due to 6 months validity stuff and please for Msc @ MUN is the $15.600/ year or for the 2yrs?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
bukahands: Guys please help me out here are u telling me dat the international passport, I got this month NOV can't be used to apply for visa for sept2013 due to 6 months validity stuff and please for Msc @ MUN is the $15.600/ year or for the 2yrs?

Thanks
.....u can use ur passport anytime...all u need is minimum of 6months to expiration date...tuition fee is easy...check ur school website.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
TRV_IJN: @uche, yes i work in a bank but i don't exactly work in the control department who do the confirmation, however from my experience, a 3rd party (the embassy in this case) would contact the bank requesting that they confirm the authenticity of the statement and whether it originated from the bank. please note that the only role the Bank plays to to issue the statement and confirm when asked by the embassy. The embassy looks at the History of the account and make their own judgements on their own set standards.
let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks foR yur xplanation.
Why I asked waS dat I submitted 3bank statements. So, I'm tryin To figurE out what might be delayin ma application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
kayce43:
Okay I may be wrong but Support ur statement, if itz not true, so he can apply nxt week? After refusal this week, nairalanders need ur honest answers on this!
....I am a living example of a month's case...I reapplied a month after I was refused and I was given the visa ....but, I dont know how it is now....I am not sure there is any statement on cic's website that says u cant reapply anytime....so far u can present a solid case....remember, u pay for these applications...so, no wahala, unless cic kicks against it....now, on ur wife being in US....a friend that applied sametime I did had same case....he was actually refused and was asked why his wife didnt file for him to come US....that he wants to use Canada as a path to enter US...he was refused ooo....but then again....things have changed....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
tainzo:

Aight bro, lets hear your opinion. I'm all ears especially on re applying next week. My wife is currently in the process of changing her name and getting her US passport in her new name. Felt it will complicate issues.

If canada no accept, I have the option of US green card next year.

So pleaae let all the advice pour in pleaaase!

from my experience here some one was denied for September entry and he quickly reapplied and he was granted.In your own case.you are financially ok,you case is more of financial,if you state that you are married,they will like to know especially how your wife is going to cope while you are in canada,then your fixed deposit,i suggest you close it and transfer to the savings account and make sure that you provide document on that,if you are legally married,marriage cert and birth cert is also important,even if your wife USA passport still bear her maiden name,i think marriage cert can solve that one,if she is currently working,her pay slip,utility bills and statement of account will also play an important role

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Are u applying as married? If u are, u need to clear dt aspect of ur ppl's sustenance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft:

@Siga, thank you. I have decided to settled for Lufthansa via Calgary.
Do you know RB when you were working with P&G?

Plz update us on the fare amount.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft:

What a small world... are you on Skype? Cannot send mail from my yahoo account, just chat. Skype id is ekurious.
...Small indeed...@lft happens to be my friend's brother.....internet try ooo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
It's okay, no matter the number of statements the embassy requests confirmation on, the banks can do this without requiring so much more time than they ordinarily would require for fewer statements.if the statements aren't doctored, you have nothing to bother about-at least on the statements.
My advise, ask God for favour
uchechuwku:

Thanks foR yur xplanation.
Why I asked waS dat I submitted 3bank statements. So, I'm tryin To figurE out what might be delayin ma application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
mercylicious:

your passport must have been issued at least 6 months earlier before you apply for visa.
R u sure of d above statement? It seems false.

Please o mercy clarify, so a new international passport issued in january can be used to apply for visa in march
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
@siga Is it truth dat phd courses are offered free in some provinces in canny?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
@ taizon ok u've hrd frm ma fellow nairalanders ( siga and surecan) but ma candid advise is still for u to confirm wats happening currently b4 re-applying, also if it wunt pose any risks to ur application, den I believe u can go ahead n submit... But find out well sha. #myopinion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tainzo(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
surecan:
@ All,

from my experience here some one was denied for September entry and he quickly reapplied and he was granted.In your own case.you are financially ok,you case is more of financial,if you state that you are married,they will like to know especially how your wife is going to cope while you are in canada,then your fixed deposit,i suggest you close it and transfer to the savings account and make sure that you provide document on that,if you are legally married,marriage cert and birth cert is also important,even if your wife USA passport still bear her maiden name,i think marriage cert can solve that one,if she is currently working,her pay slip,utility bills and statement of account will also play an important role

I did submit my marriage as well as birth certificate along side that of my wife. I also stated my wife is a nurse but was silent on where she resides at the moment. I however do not think it will be wise to state at this point that she's in the US except if you have a better reason why I should. Like I said earlier, she's currently in the process of changing her name and getting her US passport and as such may not be able to produce this document.

Upon examination of my application pack, we felt the visa officer might have missed the fixed deposit letters given their position ( Stapled underneth my sisters marriage cert)and the refusal statement (Inadequate fund). I still have the deposit running with more recent letters, do you think I should still liquidate the investments into my savings account or present the recent letters with a comprehensive write up stating how I intend to fund my stay with my bank statement and fixed deposit investment letters acting as proof?

Thanks for concern and suggestion, I really do appreciate every bit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
bukahands:

Please o mercy clarify, so a new international passport issued in january can be used to apply for visa in march

A day old international passport can be used.
Just make sure the passport you will use will nt expire in less than 6 months time.

@others, note dt cdhc will nt give u visa beyong ur passport validity. If u are applying for 2yrs visa and ur passport will expire in the next one year, they will give u one year visa, so u have to reapply at the end of that one year. I've advised in previous post dt u shld go for passport extension especially if u have not travel history.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tainzo(m): 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
kayce43: @ taizon ok u've hrd frm ma fellow nairalanders ( siga and surecan) but ma candid advise is still for u to confirm wats happening currently b4 re-applying, also if it wunt pose any risks to ur application, den I believe u can go ahead n submit... But find out well sha. #myopinion.

I don't understand. Can you please throw more light as to knowing what's happening before I re apply?

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
efosa12345: @siga Is it truth dat phd courses are offered free in some provinces in canny?
....I dont really know...might need to ask and check ....but it might not really be free but funded and u may be lucky to get scholarship....I will advise u go through websites of whichever school u choose to do ur Phd....most schools will advise u to seek serious funding .....guys...i beg help out here...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
mercylicious:

Plz update us on the fare amount.

296k - round trip
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft:

296k - round trip
why did u buy round trip? I know the price might not be that different from one way...but all u need is one-way....unless u plan visiting naija pretty soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=tainzo]

I don't understand. Can you please throw more light as to knowing what's happening before I re apply?

Cheers[/quote
Itz just as simple as finding out whether itz ok to re-submit nextweek, datz all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
Siga: why did u buy round trip? I know the price might not be that different from one way...but all u need is one-way....unless u plan visiting naija pretty soon

The round trip was a cheaper option. One way is about 50k more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
lft:

The round trip was a cheaper option. One way is about 90k more.
oh wow....baba were ni those airlines ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
tainzo:

I did submit my marriage as well as birth certificate along side that of my wife. I also stated my wife is a nurse but was silent on where she resides at the moment. I however do not think it will be wise to state at this point that she's in the US except if you have a better reason why I should. Like I said earlier, she's currently in the process of changing her name and getting her US passport and as such may not be able to produce this document.

Upon examination of my application pack, we felt the visa officer might have missed the fixed deposit letters given their position ( Stapled underneth my sisters marriage cert)and the refusal statement (Inadequate fund). I still have the deposit running with more recent letters, do you think I should still liquidate the investments into my savings account or present the recent letters with a comprehensive write up stating how I intend to fund my stay with my bank statement and fixed deposit investment letters acting as proof?

Thanks for concern and suggestion, I really do appreciate every bit.

well,i am not a professional on this but to my little experience it will be better you liquidate your fixed deposit and transfer it to your savings account,and back it up with documents.Then make sure that you did not change any information that you submitted before.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2012
My client submitted his one year tuition fee receipt on wednesday and got to Embassy last week Thursday after doing medicals few day before submission now i tracked his application here is what i saw. Your application reference number NGA/*****/***/01 is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on **/11/2012.

Canada Embassy are now processing very fast.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2012
Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to
the centre where you applied.

Submitted august 28
Haven't done medicals.
Thanks everyone...wld head to lagos soon.....

That's a denial right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 9:38am On Nov 23, 2012
@mr modirator why do you always remove my post
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 9:48am On Nov 23, 2012
@uchechukwu so sorry about that just reapply again and dont just give up for your dream.cheer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2012
Congrats...!!

Please feed the house with the details, after visiting VAC.

kelly4top: My client submitted his one year tuition fee receipt on wednesday and got to Embassy last week Thursday after doing medicals few day before submission now i tracked his application here is what i saw. Your application reference number NGA/*****/***/01 is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on **/11/2012.

Canada Embassy are now processing very fast.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tainzo(m): 10:29am On Nov 23, 2012
adim02: @uchechukwu so sorry about that just reapply again and dont just give up for your dream.cheer

Big up bro. You are a step closer to getting your TRV. You ll be given a reason then you can defend it and represent your application. Like myself, I contacted CDHC and was informed that i can reapply anytime. Maybe you can do same. Dont see the cup as half empty but as half full ok.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2012
@all and those who ve passed this stage...I was askd to submit ony year tuition receipt, NYSC cert and sponsor's ststement of account. My questn is, can I submit these documents before going for medical? Or must I go for my medical first before submitting?...answer pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2012
Can u pls list all d documents u submitted, and who is sponsoring u?

Rapuziaokwu: @all and those who ve passed this stage...I was askd to submit ony year tuition receipt, NYSC cert and sponsor's ststement of account. My questn is, can I submit these documents before going for medical? Or must I go for my medical first before submitting?...answer pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 23, 2012
Just heard sumone dt submitted on 10th sept was rejected.
Dear cdhc,
If fast processing will cause more rejections, please take one more week and give us trvs.
Hoping to meet you soon

Mercylicious.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.