Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,988 members, 7,866,714 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:05 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513589 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:09am On Sep 03, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

No, my point is ''Any University or College for MBA graduate course that will not require tuition deposit or not more than $500 to $1000 as Tuidion deposit, excluding registration fees, and full tuition will be paid after arrive in Canada.. This is the deal the sponsor want.
Its for my brother, and he's already working in insurance company for 7 years till date. So he's going to canada for Graduate course in either Insurance or Risk management or Bus Admin or MBA. So, the worry is the DEPOSIT. Just need the one for low deposit between $500 to $1000 as Tuidion deposit, excluding registration fees. Thats all.
God bless.

I do understand where you are coming from, Sir . . . However, my fear is to give information that is not 100% right, cos your decision and that of others will depend on it . . . There are so many schools in Canada, and will be tough for me to know which one could satisfy what you want, thus my staying away from such generaal questions.
But like i have said, when i come across one, i will get back to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 2:26am On Sep 03, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I do understand where you are coming from, Sir . . . However, my fear is to give information that is not 100% right, cos your decision and that of others will depend on it . . . There are so many schools in Canada, and will be tough for me to know which one could satisfy what you want, thus my staying away from such generaal questions.
But like i have said, when i come across one, i will get back to you.
i will need ur mail 2 let u know d latest on our last disc.i will also need ur mobile digits.pls sent it 2 bakorede_gesbest4u@yahoo.com.thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 6:14am On Sep 03, 2012
shavel: bros u are welcome to ca, me don change my naira to cad before I comot naija and I carry like 650 usd join should in case I wan buy things for Amsterdam where I had a stop over but fortunately i didn't spend a dime there, all in all sha I changed 100usd to 95cad for the hotel where I lodge........ Congrats to those who got their trv, and it is well to all hopefuls insha-Allah

Thanks bro for coming back to this thread after getting to CA. Like how long did U wait to get yur TRV after medicals, mine is taking like forever, and the program starts tomorrow with deadline for registration next week tuesday. Hope serious work hasn't started in your school. Wishing you all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:14am On Sep 03, 2012
@Dotcom check Concordia University Quebec & University of New Brunswick Fredericton. The latter is better because processing fees was C$50 now C$100, no deposit was required, tuition is abt C$3516 per term * 4 terms and when i deferred, no payment was required. Concordia requested for C$200 confirmation fee after admission C$25 to defer, tuition alone for 2yrs is C$24500 & processing fee last year was C$90. I am going to Unb, u need to know that besides whatever the school asks you to pay initially, when & how much for any other payment would be determined by CDHC & not the sponsor..Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eo2002: 9:39am On Sep 03, 2012
My sch resumes Today hv done my Med since 15th of AUG.... My fear now is CDHC asking me for a new start date I can't afford the wait...pls house is it possible to still get TRV a week after the start Date? I need Urgent reply pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ekundayomi: 9:48am On Sep 03, 2012
FG protests poor treatment of Nigerians at Canadian Embassy

The Federal Government yesterday protested alleged poor treatment of Nigerians applying for visa at Canada’s High Commission in Nigeria.

Foreign Affairs Minister, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru, summoned the Canadian High Commissioner, Chris Cooter, to express displeasure at the treatment.

Ashiru noted that the visa applications processing at the High Commission is now characterised by excessive delays.

He declared that the waiting period of a minimum of 45 working days for Nigerian visa applicants to receive response from the Canadian authorities was unacceptable.

A statement issued by the ministry on the matter reads: “The Honourable Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru, OFR, yesterday, Thursday August 30th 2012, summoned the Canadian High Commissioner to Nigeria, H.E. Chris Cooter, to his office to register the Federal Government’s protest on how Nigerian visa applicants are being treated at the Canadian High Commission.

“He recalled the very warm relations between the two countries, citing the example of the presence of a major Canadian company, Manitoba Hydro in Nigeria’s power sector. He further recalled that the Bi-National Commission between the two countries has been inked, paving the way for the deepening of our relations, especially in the economic sector.”

“It is against this background that the Honourable Minister expressed to the Canadian High Commissioner his disappointment at the manner the Canadian Mission in Nigeria was maltreating Nigerian visa applicants, characterised by excessive delays in processing visa applications.

“The Honourable Minister declared as unacceptable the waiting period of a minimum of 45 working days for Nigerian visa applicants to receive a response from the Canadian authorities.

“The Honourable Minister of Foreign Affairs concluded by suggesting to Ambassador Chris Cooter that rather than his Mission holding on to Nigeria visa applicant’s passports, the Mission should make do with photocopies of the data pages and to sight the passports. Thereafter, the passports can be surrendered to the Mission only at the point of issuance of visas. This will allow passport holders the opportunity to use their passports for other travels, pending the approval of their visa Applications by the Canadian Mission.”

Mr. Cooter reportedly pledged to report the concerns expressed by the Minister to the appropriate authorities in Ottawa, Canada.

The Minister at the meeting commended the decision by the US to give Nigeria top priority status in its visa processing administration.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/59863-fg-protests-poor-treatment-of-nigerians-at-canadian-embassy.html
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dotcomnamename: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2012
Don Cipher: @Dotcom check Concordia University Quebec & University of New Brunswick Fredericton. The latter is better because processing fees was C$50 now C$100, no deposit was required, tuition is abt C$3516 per term * 4 terms and when i deferred, no payment was required. Concordia requested for C$200 confirmation fee after admission C$25 to defer, tuition alone for 2yrs is C$24500 & processing fee last year was C$90. I am going to Unb, u need to know that besides whatever the school asks you to pay initially, when & how much for any other payment would be determined by CDHC & not the sponsor..Cheers

@Don Cipher, your enemy will jump inside well tonight grin
Thanks bro... This is exactly what am looking for.. E be like say Concordia University required compulsory fee make sense as inital deposit.
@ fhemmmy, Thanks for your efforts, God bless you all... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 11:44am On Sep 03, 2012
eo2002: My sch resumes Today hv done my Med since 15th of AUG.... My fear now is CDHC asking me for a new start date I can't afford the wait...pls house is it possible to still get TRV a week after the start Date? I need Urgent reply pls.

I am also have interest in the answer to the above question, anyboby with the answer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 11:52am On Sep 03, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

@Don Cipher, your enemy will jump inside well tonight

Amen...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2012
[quote author=eo2002][/quote]

Sumwhr in ds thread der were reports of people getting trv after their start dates...guess u shuld be prepared to travel within 72hrs once u get it to reduce any further delays..ds is wik 3 after ur med so anytime frm nw

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jerohstones: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
Your school will be the best medium to channel this question to. However, generally speaking u should have like 3 weeks of grace before registration without additional fees expires, u may still be able to register at a later date but this may attract a late registration fee
eo2002: My sch resumes Today hv done my Med since 15th of AUG.... My fear now is CDHC asking me for a new start date I can't afford the wait...pls house is it possible to still get TRV a week after the start Date? I need Urgent reply pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
slamdunk99: just sent u a mail

Bros I didn't receive ur mail, kindly resend d letter of intent to cletus161@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
@slamdunk99, please i also need the letter of intent too. brianceej@yhaoo.com
Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

@Don Cipher, your enemy will jump inside well tonight grin
Thanks bro... This is exactly what am looking for.. E be like say Concordia University required compulsory fee make sense as inital deposit.
@ fhemmmy, Thanks for your efforts, God bless you all... grin

I am so glad that someone has been able to give you the information that is needed . . . It is easier for people that are applying into the schools or recent applicants to be able to respond to such questions . . . Good luck and see you in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
Bakorede: i will need ur mail 2 let u know d latest on our last disc.i will also need ur mobile digits.pls sent it 2 bakorede_gesbest4u@yahoo.com.thanks!

My mail address is on every post of mine, Sir . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
I woukd like to know if the embassy requires toefl n gre tests scores as part of requirements. Most canadian universities dont ask for gre but am nut sure about toefl. I want to pursue a masters degree in canada. Any response would be helpful. Thanks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
@cris83, you dont need to worry yourself about that. The canadian embassy in nigeria does not request for any of it as part of visa application requirements.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
cris83: I woukd like to know if the embassy requires toefl n gre tests scores as part of requirements. Most canadian universities dont ask for gre but am nut sure about toefl. I want to pursue a masters degree in canada. Any response would be helpful. Thanks..

May be the school will need them for admission processing and financial aid award.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
Fhemmmy:

My mail address is on every post of mine, Sir . . .
what abt ur phone number?or don't u want me 2 call u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
@ALL
Hope canada holiday stuff don end today sha o!!!.
2ndly,is it d vac dat wud instruct where to do medicals or u choose to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
Bakorede: what abt ur phone number?or don't u want me 2 call u.

You could mail me and i will send you my number, Sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
Fhemmmy:

You could mail me and i will send you my number, Sir.

Hi fhemmy..... Sent you a mail on facebook inbox.. Pls reply.. Thanks.. Still waiting to be called for medicals though.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
Lutobi:

Hi fhemmy..... Sent you a mail on facebook inbox.. Pls reply.. Thanks.. Still waiting to be called for medicals though.. Thanks

I am on facebook not as often as i am on NL or my mail.
Best way to reach us is via Mail or NL . . . . Will check though and get back to you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 7:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
Thanks @fhemmmy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
Lutobi: Thanks @fhemmmy

Thanks to God oh, not me

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
By d way... Anyone heading to thompson rivers uni for january 2013... Holla!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
@all... But the process long gaan.... Submitted my application 3rd august at the VAC and today is the 3rd os september....THE WAIT.. Funny i just discovered nairaland or rather started utilizing info from nairaland after submission... I spent money using PFL as agents and the info up here is equals i ;Df not supercedes dat of PFL....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Lutobi: @all... But the process long gaan.... Submitted my application 3rd august at the VAC and today is the 3rd os september....THE WAIT.. Funny i just discovered nairaland or rather started utilizing info from nairaland after submission... I spent money using PFL as agents and the info up here is equals i ;Df not supercedes dat of PFL....

eeeyyyaahhhh...sowie!!!
But wait ooo...what's PFL?
PLAY, F**K and LIVE?
Welcome to the forum tho, you'll learn a lot from here..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
Pfl... Preparation for life... Some popular agents in lagos @lilaowow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
Lutobi: Pfl... Preparation for life... Some popular agents in lagos @lilaowow

okay, noted
now, its time for yur introduction.
What province re yu heading to, what level of education re yu aspiring for and who's yur sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
Name is Tobi... Heading to british columbia.. Thompson rivers uni.. Postgraduate degree level..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
Sponsor is mum

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.