Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509400 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 9:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
lillaowow:

Tired of tracking joor.... God go do am...make i relax ma muscle jare.

lol... getting dizzy from tracking myself... it is well jarey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
Nothng to forgive bruh, we all try our best here. Thanks a lot i knew i could count on ur analysis, ur points were just what i thot...relief
newacca:

@valentino81 + don cipher

Abeg check ur inbox. 4give me Messrs. I don explain myself 4 d message. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
lillaowow:

Tired of tracking joor.... God go do am...make i relax ma muscle jare.

I think that is VFS Way of saying your documents have been collected from them by CDHC. The actual time of processing only them can tell.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2012
@earthgreeners is recruiting applicants for Fall 2013, applicants must be prepared to submit their study permit application between March and May 2013, please kindly follow this thread to get the Job....
Admission in progress...............Loading... 30%

@KennyGGG, Spencer, valentino, inspirizu, Bakorede, guudgod, i dey haill una oooo......no tension, CHDC go succumb
@lillawow, take a break...ur status go soon change...............
@pharmow and eo, i hope una don land for Canada...........................
@augustapplicant, just be easy, information is the food of this thread ooo, abeg dont starve my people oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
@All who hav U of Sk admission, application status "complete ready for review" last doc. Date 09 Aug. Jan admission. I contact dept last 2wks.it ws updated 2 d current status. shld i contact gradadmission this tim 2 kwm whts up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
geotherm: @All who hav U of Sk admission, application status "complete ready for review" last doc. Date 09 Aug. Jan admission. I contact dept last 2wks.it ws updated 2 d current status. shld i contact gradadmission this tim 2 kwm whts up?

Sure go ahead and give them a call with all your details. No harm done.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
geotherm: @All who hav U of Sk admission, application status "complete ready for review" last doc. Date 09 Aug. Jan admission. I contact dept last 2wks.it ws updated 2 d current status. shld i contact gradadmission this tim 2 kwm whts up?

you need to wait for decision to be made by the admission committee in your proposed department....if u contact the faculty of graduate studies, u get d same response...........be patient....i guess u applied for fall 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
@Ifegy & earthgreeners thanks, I applied for winter 2013 not fall.
earthgreeners:

you need to wait for decision to be made by the admission committee in your proposed department....if u contact the faculty of graduate studies, u get d same response...........be patient....i guess u applied for fall 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:05am On Sep 11, 2012
geotherm: @Ifegy & earthgreeners thanks, I applied for winter 2013 not fall.

you need to contact faculty of graduate studies to know the status of your application cos its getting late
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 7:13am On Sep 11, 2012
earthgreeners:

you need to contact faculty of graduate studies to know the status of your application cos its getting late

Thanks again. I will do exactly that today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by LoveKing(m): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2012
can anyone help me with info on PGD programs in canadian universities? 3rd class in elect eng. any chance? what universities should i check to begin with?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 10:24am On Sep 11, 2012
LoveKing: can anyone help me with info on PGD programs in canadian universities? 3rd class in elect eng. any chance? what universities should i check to begin with?

My advice.... A 3rd class doesnt mean there are no chances... Its going to be tough getting admissions on your own so the best bet is to use a recognised agency like PFL. The reason I said so is because in applying to different schools they will insist on you paying application fees of about 100 dollars before they tell you they can grant you admissions or not and I can bet you will try about 3 to 4 schools before you finally get in. and thats a lot of money already being spent. Best bet, use PFL (Preparation for Life), they will charge you an application fee (dont know how much it is now cos I used them during a promo period last year to secure my admissions)... They will send your application to various schools and the schools will get back to them on whether they can admit you without you having to pay any amount. Note that they will send your documents to different schools in your budget and they will worry about admissions for you... You can and will be admitted this way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 11, 2012
Lutobi:

My advice.... A 3rd class doesnt mean there are no chances... Its going to be tough getting admissions on your own so the best bet is to use a recognised agency like PFL. The reason I said so is because in applying to different schools they will insist on you paying application fees of about 100 dollars before they tell you they can grant you admissions or not and I can bet you will try about 3 to 4 schools before you finally get in. and thats a lot of money already being spent. Best bet, use PFL (Preparation for Life), they will charge you an application fee (dont know how much it is now cos I used them during a promo period last year to secure my admissions)... They will send your application to various schools and the schools will get back to them on whether they can admit you without you having to pay any amount. Note that they will send your documents to different schools in your budget and they will worry about admissions for you... You can and will be admitted this way

Does PFL cover US schools? I would like to know more of them. If there will be a huge difference, why not.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2012
ferdiii:

Does PFL cover US schools? I would like to know more of them. If there will be a huge difference, why not.

Yes they handle US.. UK and Canada admissions.. pls note that they secure admissions quite alright and give you excellent visa guidance but issuance of visa is based only on the documents you provide to the embassy and how you present your case, ties to Nigeria, etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by LoveKing(m): 10:49am On Sep 11, 2012
Thanks Lutobi. i'll check them out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 10:58am On Sep 11, 2012
LoveKing: Thanks Lutobi. i'll check them out.

Anytime bro.. I was in d same shoes and I know the rejection feeling understanding that some grades are circumstantial and not a true reflection of brilliance. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 11, 2012
@Lutobi,pls can i get the contact details of PFL.Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2012
Ntom: @Lutobi,pls can i get the contact details of PFL.Thank you.

just be careful and watchful of agents..they are crazy at times.talking from my own personal experience.plis dnt quote me its nt by force u comply,itz by choice.all da best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
spencer3705:

just be careful and watchful of agents..they are crazy at times.talking from my own personal experience.plis dnt quote me its nt by force u comply,itz by choice.all da best
Thank you for your advice.i will definitely be careful in dealing with them.i will keep an open mind though.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by vooz(f): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
good mrning house,must really commend the gd wrk u guys are doing here.av been followin dis thread n am really impresed with evrytin.I graduated wit a cgpa of 4.15 and wuld luv 2 go for my Masters in canada.Am thinkin of applyin to Usask.pls i wuld luv all those dt av applied to d school to put me tru d application procedure @earthgreeners n oda gurus in d house.@ifegy i sent u a mail.tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2012
@spencer3705.can i ring u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lutobi:

Yes they handle US.. UK and Canada admissions.. pls note that they secure admissions quite alright and give you excellent visa guidance but issuance of visa is based only on the documents you provide to the embassy and how you present your case, ties to Nigeria, etc

They do not cover my schools...I guess I will stick to my ideas and schools. I know how to get the visa.....last time my agent was sweet-talking....it is 'surbanker'.As if he's the CO.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by niyimeg: 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lutobi:

lol... getting dizzy from tracking myself... it is well jarey

please can i have a sample of a refrence letter forwarded to my email please..ASAP...SO URGENT

EMAIL::::niyi.megbabi@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
For students coming to Toronto, or already in Toronto, here are details of proposed NL meet up.

Please RSVP in this section or via email to myself (email in profile)by end of this week, for reservations.

Date: Saturday September 15

Time: 3pm

Location: Korean Grill House, 754 Yonge Street (Yonge and Bloor)

Website & menu: www.koreangrillhouse.com/yb_home.htm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
ferdiii:
They do not cover my schools...I guess I will stick to my ideas and schools. I know how to get the visa.....last time my agent was sweet-talking....it is 'surbanker'.As if he's the CO.

hahahahaha!!!!

SURBANKER!!!!
That Got me laughing hard
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
Jazakumu l-Ahu khayran to everybody who has participated one way or the other in this forum thread. I have been a frequent visitor to this thread and I am very happy with the kind of information and guidance being shared. It is really a repository of knowledge.
Alhamdullilahi I went for my medicals today.

I still have to battle the following to be sent to cdhc:
- Proof of funds for yourself.
- Receipt of total payment for tuition fees and accommodation.
- Deferred letter of acceptance for January.

I am expected to submit all this by October 4.

Your advice on these items especially the first 2 will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
Maa-sha Allah! Congrats. Allah will see you through(Insha Allah)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
newacca: Maa-sha Allah! Congrats. Allah will see you through(Insha Allah)

Aamin. Jazaka l-Ahu khayran. What do you think I can do as par the accommodation? I don't really understand how to go about it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
vooz: good mrning house,must really commend the gd wrk u guys are doing here.av been followin dis thread n am really impresed with evrytin.I graduated wit a cgpa of 4.15 and wuld luv 2 go for my Masters
in canada.Am thinkin of applyin to Usask.pls i wuld luv all those dt av
applied to d school to put me tru d application procedure @earthgreeners n oda gurus in d house.@ifegy i sent u a mail.tnx

Congrat on ur excellent mark, u stand a good chance of getting admitted possibly with financial aid.. Kindly send an email to oyegunle14@gmail.com, I would be glad to give a hand..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
vooz: good mrning house,must really commend the gd wrk u guys are doing here.av been followin dis thread n am really impresed with evrytin.I graduated wit a cgpa of 4.15 and wuld luv 2 go for my Masters
in canada.Am thinkin of applyin to Usask.pls i wuld luv all those dt av
applied to d school to put me tru d application procedure @earthgreeners n oda gurus in d house.@ifegy i sent u a mail.tnx

Congrat on ur excellent mark, u stand a good chance of getting admitted possibly with financial aid.. Kindly send an email to earthgreeners@gmail.com, I would be glad to give a hand..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Enough of dis PFL thing, if u wanna advertise plz kindly do that in private, This thread doesnt support 'agency adverts'..
*DO IT YOURSELF* or go off the thread.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.