Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,930 members, 7,828,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship (10632 Views)

5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship / EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by aljharem(m): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2012
Because those ladies are stu.pid. Nothing short !!!

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by GboyegaD(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
I have a female friend who her boyfriend beats so much and all she claims make her stay is that the guy has the biggest of dick she has ever seen and had and he is very good in bed and that is enough for her and since then, I have come to a conclusion that most ladies who remain in abusive relationships do so because they do not understand what love means and their major drive in such relationship is lust & sex and not love.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by lolaluv1(f): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
This is a serious issue ladies face, and it's a topic very close to my heart. I hope to write a book about this someday and I've researched on it quite a bit.
Abuse doesn't start in a day. At the beginning of the relationship, abusive people hook you by being a dream come true. Gradually the abuser starts abusing you and checking your limits. Once he sees you're really hooked on the relationship and he can get away with maltreating you, he starts doing so and gradually starts increasing the velocity.
Again, abusers are very charming and will pet these girls after abusing them. It can be with gifts, crazy se.x and words. E.g:
Guy: *After beating her*
You make me go crazy, baby. You have so much power over me that I can't control myself when I'm with you. Don't leave me, baby. I love you and it won't happen again.
Girl: *sobbing*
No, you don't love me. You hurt me.
Guy: I cant live without u. I love you (kissing away her tears). I'll change, I promise. Please, stop crying?
Etcetera.

The apology can also be an expensive gift.
Chances are that this girl would remain in the relationship because she doesn't have the self worth to discern that she deserves better. Or she has become so twisted (abuse messes up your psyche) that she enjoys the drama and the highs and lows of an abusive relationship. And the abusive cycle would get worse till he actually deforms her. Such guys can also be rich, famous or good in bed. So the girls believe they can't get a better guy than this!

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Hassan11: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
makky: When a man slaps u & says hes sorry, u accept it and dnt do anytn serious to make it a point to him NEVER to try that again... Be sure to expect more slaps, beating, public disgrace & even using belt on u. Its the hand u give to a man at the begining of d relationship that he mets out to u later on. Always saying sorry even when ur not at fault, giving him what he wants even when u know its at ur detriment, believe u me, it always backfires. Ladies not wanting to leave an abusive relationship is not and never about sex, it is plain Fear & Self denial. The guy has impacted so much fear in her that she cnt leave or even discuss the matter outside. If its a relationship that is well known to ppl esp family, leaving it will be hard. And find this out for urself, once such a lady eventually succeeds to leave that relationship, she never looks back and d man comes to respect her.
Advice; if a man hits u once, leave at once. If u cnt leave, next time he hits u, hit him back or start destroying his valuables... He cherishes them more than u, he wnt touch u cos he will call u a witch. Ive attracted all sorts while growing up and believe me, ive learnt alot and am still learning from things happening around me, i still have a scar on my left shoulder inflicted with a hanger in an abusive relationship way back 2004 and each time i see it, i say a silent prayer for the slowpoke who wud ever dare such nonsense cos na him death warrant he just sign.
Dis is true.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by dasparrow: 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2012
jmoore: Recently I met two ladies online on a social network site. One is 23 years old and the other is 31 years old. Both came seeking for advice in a chat room, their problem is that their boyfriends beat them up.

They later got into my friends list and had more chat with them to know more details. Both of them admitted already having sex with their boyfriends. I always knew sex can be a huge factor in this. I can hardly name any girl who is being beaten up by her boyfriend while still abstaining from sex. It was the sex that gave him a sense of ownership of the girl which made him to act the way he did though this is never a justification for beating up a lady.

Their question were similar, "If your man is beating you does he still loves you?" I find the question very stupid especially coming from a 23 year old and 31 year old.

I advised them to leave the relationship but one common statement came out from their mouths "But I still love him" and I'm like what the hell is wrong with you? someone is beating you up and you are here talking about love.

The 23 year old seemed reluctant to accept my advice judging from her status like "Men are very wicked" and stuffs like that,she ended the chat with me like someone who doesn't need any advice any more. I noticed later she removed me from her friends list.

The 31 year old was very receptive to my advice. Her own case was that her boyfriend beats her up if she refuses to have sex with him. And I'm like are you a sex object? She later thanked me for the advice, I hope she doesn't go back to the relationship again.

This is why people should fear God and abstain from sex until they are married. God frowns on fornication and adultary amongst other things. Women both married and single stay in abusive relationships primarily due to low self esteem. A woman who knows are worth, has her own income, tolerates no nonsense from anyone and stands her ground irrespective of what that hypocritical messed up society called Nigeria dictates will never find herself beaten up like a punching bag.

I think women need to know what their moral stance is and what they want out of a relationship. A man who insists on defiling your body when he is not your husband does not love you. The sooner women realize that, the better. /intimacy does not equal love, it equals LUST.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Bright2(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
Had it been Adam were beatin Eve,that mistake wouldn't have happened in that garden! grin grin
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by phemi3: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
What about girls beating their husbands/boyfriends My friend visited me with a swollen face last week and lied that he fought with a collegue @ work; only 4me to later know dat It's his wife that beat him up. Kind of funny but you need to see d guys face. Lol! What happen to ladies who beats their husband too? Should we crucify them too?
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2012
Smh....just speechless! They knw d kinda galz dey wld do dat 2, definitely not my type becos wen dem tink am, fear no go even gree dem do am...but neida can I provoke him 2dat extent,its uncalled for.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by BUSHMAN1: 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
listen to some people on here..it makes the sex better, i could never hit a woman..not matter what
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by zumarock8(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
Phiozy: Smh....just speechless! They knw d kinda galz dey wld do dat 2, definitely not my type becos wen dem tink am,fear no go even gree dem do am ...but neida can I provoke him 2dat extent,its uncalled for.

sharaap ur mouth see dis bongar fish they talk of fear, as u small reach. anywere u get luck say i been don dump u if not i'll still have beet u as usual. ho grin
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by BUSHMAN1: 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
listen to some people on here..it makes the sex better? i could never hit a woman..not matter what
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
@Zuma, I dey laugh... U knw y? because of ur low life mentality,4get d pic, u jst dnt knw hu u are tryin 2 start dis nonsense wt. U tink its all abt d size ryt? I may be petite, my frnds respect me well enuf not 2 try it, but if dey do....smh.... I rily have beta tins 2 do/write dan engage on an e-fight wt u.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
Its a well known fact that most women crave an abusive guy. If Apes are the closest relatives of man, well the donkey is the closest relative of most chics cos I cant understand how a woman would reject the advances of a good man and desire one who beats the living crap out of her.Those kinda chics dont understand any language except the whip. God help us
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by emisun(m): 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
ironically,most nairaland gurlz suffer this but the funny thing is they just look at this topic,read the comments but wud't comment.just very few have managed to comment.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by jesusboi1: 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2012
ujchief: Tell the lady to check out the movie 'Enough' by jenifer lopez.
or watch PROVOCATION by aishwarya rai, actd in UK
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by enroute(m): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2012
i guess the stigma of being alone, the dread of going back on the shelf-so to speak, especially if the lady is no longer spry, and the bond that intimacy further strengthens,are the primary causes.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
I wonder why ladies put up with a lot of rubbish that their guys do, especially since she isn't married to him.

I broke up with someone simply because he used to raise his voice (not even his hands) at me. Oh God, the day any guy in his silly imagination hits me, he'll lose at least 2 fingers.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by deelummy: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2012
I really don't think I can lay my hand on any girl i date cos i go for girls with high self esteem. I had a friend that will forever remember her Ex cos of the various maps on her body and the countless abortion she's had.
Insecurity is also a factor, they believe they might not be loved again. Even in marriage a woman should flee a battering man.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by TisaBone: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2012
funny, but i've read no mention of emotional abuse, which is just as damaging to a woman.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by 190: 8:56am On Jun 14, 2012
There is no better way of having a lady stay committed to you

except via BEATING!!

I advice using BELT!! angry angry
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by TisaBone: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2012
190: There is no better way of having a lady stay committed to you

except via BEATING!!

and the saddest thing about this post is that he is probably so serious. sad
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by ayizz(m): 10:47am On Jun 14, 2012
Any man that beats up his wife or girl friend is irresponsible.......why turn ur wives into a punching bag dudes...ive neva beaten any before sha and i dont intend doing it, i wld rather walk out, take a few bottle of drinks hang out and talk her out.....by the way why wld i marry or friend a girl without any good attitude. wives could be knives sha
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by druid06(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
Most women are attracted towards bad guys as they call them. Not all guys are abusive. Abusive men are those that come from abusive home where their father usually beat the hell out of the mother. I don't blame some guys for loosing their temper on their women, women can do and say things that would almost make you want to do the undoable.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
190: There is no better way of having a lady stay committed to you

except via BEATING!!

Amen! Once again I dont advocate for this but if that is the only language the woman understands, and that is the only way to get some peace in your life,then go for it bro.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Zenanted(m): 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2012
Phiozy: I dont see any reason why I shld continue wt a relatnshp of dat kind. I would feel withdrawn if my boyfrnd shouts at me in d name of correction or insults me weda publicly or priv8ly, not 2 talk more or less of beating me up. I'm not used to such, so why shld I begin nw? D background of any lady dat continues wit such relatnshp shld be checked, esp d father figure in her life. A lady who grows up receivin all d love and care 4rm a dotin father woul neva succumb 2 dat (unless d guy pretended all along until he made her his bride). Most of d ladies stil involved in such relationshps continue because dey fil d beating and insults are evidence of how much d guy loves dem. What love? They rily nid 2 work on their self-esteem, telling demselvs alwz dat 'Im 2 beautiful, 2 nice, 2 special to let anyone or any man be nasty 2me'. E.T.C
also too stupid 2 misbehave!
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by kbwakawa(m): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2012
I Want to Stop Hitting My Girlfriend?
So the other day my girlfiend went to the
store. When she got there, she found out
that they were all out of Pepsi. She had to
go to another store across town to get it,
which meant she was an hour late coming
home.
She didn't have the common courtesey to
call me and tell me this, so I was angry at
her when she got back. One thing led to
another, and I ended up giving her a black
eye.
I don't like having to do this- it makes me
feel bad when I lose control. So my question
is what do I do about this problem? I've
come to accept that I need things a certain
way, and my girlfriend says she wants to be
better so I don't have to do this. Any
suggestions?
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by ay0201(m): 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
190: beating is a form of showing extra love 2 a woman

men would never lay a hand on any woman they DONT love

women are MEANT to be BEATEN!!

(well i havent beaten any doe just my 2cents)
Some 2 cents
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2012
The issue is that these abused women get so emotionally tied to their abusive partners that they feel they can't go on living without them.But that's not true,as there is life after every bad business.
Re: Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship by victorian(f): 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
No man dares beat me up or slap or even shout at me in public...at that moment, it's over....love gone for good...women who accept such, are emotionally Inbalanced. ....they need psychological help..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Doubts This Is The Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland (pics) / Guy Gives Lady Epic Reply After She Claim Women Owes Men Nothing / My Encounter With One Babe On Facebook Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.