Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police (24374 Views)

Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Farouk Lawan Trial Starts Next Week. / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Jamesqu(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2012
Walahitalahi, apart from God o...the only person (dead or alive) that can rescue whatever is left of Farouk Lawan is his sworn enemy, OBJ...

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by cdz: 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
This is just the sort of drama that fools Nigerians blind. We seem to feed fat on this sort of propaganda time and again and strangely fail to see that there's someone scripting this performance to keep us 'happy' and entertained albeit hungry. Neither of the two actors in this episode is daft to be so cheaply exposed. This is the government's ploy divert attention from real issues, create confusion and perpetuate inaction in the so-called fight against corruption.

Why can't we stay focused on the real issue: what is the moral justification for our continued purchase of fuel at 97 naira per litre in the light of recent revelations and current show of shame of men in high places? And how long will it be before the one who claims to lead us sees the need to reverse his subsidy removal decision in the light of current events?

If the government will not right the wrong of subsidy removal, what the heck are we all getting excited about?

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
Jamesqu: Walahitalahi, apart from God o...the only person (dead or alive) that can rescue whatever is left of Farouk Lawan is his sworn enemy, OBJ...

i don't want to say this but i just got to chip.
Farook has a chance, if he can trade. But what would be his bargaining chip. What can he offer that is worth the price, something that could raise a more serious scandal with more grievious offences like boko routes, open declaration of boko sponsors,more fraud cases. Just name it.
But it must be big.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2012
gboss4sure: GEJ Please remove the subsidy entirely biko nu ooooooooooo. They have killed and siphon us via this subsidy payment, who knows how much has been stolen from the half subsidy Nigeria pays................ PLEASE GEJ REMOVE THE SUBSIDY COMPLETELY. the thief's ate beginning to claim CLEAN.

How do you mean, taking fuel price to 141 NGN or back to 65 NGN, cos for me there was no subsidy...., its was just cabals defrauding Nigeria buy LAWAN should ve maintain his integrity thats where am angry with him.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
mimifonwon: nawaoo and my dad told me you can always trust what an hausa muslim says to be true, if this is their type of truth lawan i no want

me too, undecided undecided undecided
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 14, 2012
crackhouse: me too but iced war is more better.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by bobby56(m): 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2012
Germannig: How does marking the money help here assuming the money has disappeared and no longer available as evidence of bribery? Marking money is only useful if still available as evidence, no? The security men should have arrested the bribe taker to recover the marked money as soon as it was accepted. I think both Otedola and Lawan have more explanations to make.

@Germanning, dont be a daft. Marked monies cannot be spent anywhere in the world unless u are a MUGU. The Police will simply arrest you if u're caught, so TAKE NOTE!That's what is called marked monies. Besides photocopies of that money is with the SSS.(Moreover it's in Dollars. Photocopies of all Foreign Currencies used in buying and selling are required by the CBN for proper tracking of such funds, as part of their OVERSIGHT functions).
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2012
duen23:
This is probably the dumbest quote I have read here. The SSS is probably corrupt or incompetent. Pray tell. In a sting operation where you have video and audio of a lawmaker receiving a bribe, [b]you let the criminal walk out of their for months with no way of recovering your money? [/b]They should all be sacked and then probed (preferably with a Love Machine).
They only reason why he should have been allowed to walk out of there with $600,000 of the governments money is if they wanted to see which one of his colleagues would accept the money. No explanation as to why he wasn't apprehended once he accepted the money has been brought up.
This is criminal!

Buddy hey no quarrel here ok, Marked Dollars cannot be spent and an individual cannot lodge marked Dollars ... no fear, thats is even why he has to inform police
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2012
come to think of it! has anyone ever been jailed for corruption? hell no! if farouk is charged to court and found guilty.pata pata dem go give am bail, im go bring 2 shortees and dem go seize im international passport! if na lie make u ask bank-ole!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by defbond1: 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
Well he was right in a way. He didn't collect a bribe of $600000 as the papers said. What he did was receive a payment of $500000 being a good civil servant trying to get the facts straight for ordinary nigeria on the probe report. And yes his other colleague got the remaining $120000.
Are you kidding me?
Nigeria!!!! What a travesty!
That guy should be sent to the dungeon !
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by debosky(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
duen23:
This is probably the dumbest quote I have read here. The SSS is probably corrupt or incompetent. Pray tell. In a sting operation where you have video and audio of a lawmaker receiving a bribe, you let the criminal walk out of their for months with no way of recovering your money? They should all be sacked and then probed (preferably with a Love Machine).
They only reason why he should have been allowed to walk out of there with $600,000 of the governments money is if they wanted to see which one of his colleagues would accept the money. No explanation as to why he wasn't apprehended once he accepted the money has been brought up.
This is criminal!

How do you know the highlighted is not the case?

As others have said, we don't even know if the SSS truly gave Otedola 'marked' bills from 'government money', or simply recorded serial numbers of the cash that Otedola personally sourced as part of the sting. Heck, we don't even know if the SSS was truly involved as none of the alleged evidence - audio logs, video tapes, marked cash, etc has been released for public scrutiny or presented in a court of law.

Even if they gave the money and didn't arrest him immediately, why is there 'no way' of recovering the money? Is Farouk Lawan simply going to vanish into thin air? Doesn't he have assets that can be seized and so on?

There are many possibilities beyond what you have suggested in your post - that's my point.

I am waiting to see if Farouk will indeed be declared wanted.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by doublej1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2012
This is just a game been played by the government on our senses. When the government want to sweep a case under the carpet, the make the truth to become false in our eyes.
We shouldn't let the government play on our senses. We should know that whenever you want to catch a thief you should be able to think like a thief. And the best of wise men are those who are able to think as the best fools and do the opposite.
Be wise!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by omosexy1: 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
Everybody is busy castigating and demoralizing Farouk and all he did was to exercise his normal legislative norms. The man decided to be the hero and to cleanse the corruption that existed in the Petroleum Industry, he also decided to see if he could make a little little something, a practice, that is considered to be normal in the House of representative. People forget to remember what actually caused the probe. It was the protest (Occupy Nigeria) that would have almost brought Nigeria to a standstill. Does anyone have to tell us that Farouk never bothered about what was going on in the Petroleum Industry. Remember Hon. Herman Hembe and the Capital Market Saga. Remember Obasanjo's comment on the House of Representatives - A house filled with thieves. Receiving bribes is part of their legislative rights, blackmailing people is their constitutional rights. They never represent the interest of the country but the interest of their bank accounts. Now why would people come out here to say Farouk is a saint, a man unblemished and with no sin, is he from another country or does he look white, hasn't he partaken in bribes and lootings in the house before? Setting up probes is a specialized skill for Nigerian legislature to generate personal income for themselves and for their colleagues. History is a good teacher, how many probes have added to the nation's development? How many probes have added to the bank accounts of our representatives? The question is not whether Farouk received bribe or not, he did (no doubt, even a dumb man would talk if you tell him Farouk did not collect the bribe) but the question is what is going to happen to him. What has happened to Hembe and his colleagues?

I leave the question to the Security Agencies and Investigating Officers. We need justice, we deserve justice or we should stop acting drama deceiving the world that we are fighting corruption.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Cypost: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
This whole saga is difficult ton believe
if mr otedola did a sting operation with SSS as he claimed, why was Lawan not arrested
immediately he took the first installment on tape. i have not seen where a sting operation
is done and authorities will allow the suspect to go with the evidence (the cash) and
probably destroy it before arresting him. I think these two men are culpable somehow,but because this is
Nigeria and these men are men of 'timber and caliber' they may as well confuse the authorities
and smile away with their loot.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Luckysoul(m): 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2012
All these 'chop make i chop' issues don't normally bothers me. It would surprise you on how this matter would be resolved. Like the culprit was found guilty and in the scene is lawyer would apply for a bail. And the judge would be doing as if the case is the one he can't handle. Later the next day. No more headline partaining the matter again. Chop clean mouth don happen.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by omosexy1: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
Cypost: This whole saga is difficult ton believe
if mr otedola did a sting operation with SSS as he claimed, why was Lawan not arrested
immediately he took the first installment on tape. i have not seen where a sting operation
is done and authorities will allow the suspect to go with the evidence (the cash) and
probably destroy it before arresting him. I think these two men are culpable somehow,but because this is
Nigeria and these men are men of 'timber and caliber' they may as well confuse the authorities
and smile away with their loot.

You have a point. Why carry out a sting operation around April and the whole country is getting to hear of it by June and the offender is busy walking free. I know the SSS very well, does guy are not smiling at all. I believe something went wrong, I think it was a blackmail against a blackmail and somebody just decided to let loose of the whole thing. He should be arrested and charged to court for corrupt practices. He should also be chased out of the house. If I still see or hear Farouk is still in the house by december then this country is nothing but a joke.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Ajillo: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2012
The police and SSS are also desperate here. From this statement of theirs, it means Lawan actually reported the case to them. For them to say he reported after seeing that the money was marked shows they are taking sides.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by tribalism(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2012
@CHESSBOARD
i don't understand, the issue is not how Otedola made his money or if he is a thief, or not. in this very saga, who is a culprit. i am a thief does not mean when i did not steal i should not defend myself. how he made his money is not the issue here.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
What was his crime again? Collecting bribe!

What about those indicted for stealing billions?

Misplaced priority in my opinion..

But what do you expect from a banana republic, with a donkey as the president? Mindless, and shameless people. undecided
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

E go better for you! grin

KJ I understand your curiosity about the money,but then separate these two things, the money and Video tape, in Nigerian set-up which do you think its a better evidence. The holder of the un-spendable money can destroy it ok. I dont care why they have to stay this long to burst their bubbles all the same i have said it b4 "I LIKE COLD WAR"
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

KJ I understand your curiosity about the money,but then [b]separate these two things, the money and Video tape, in Nigerian set-up which do you think its a better evidence. [/b]The holder of the un-spendable money can destroy it ok. I dont care why they have to stay this long to burst their bubbles all the same i have said it b4 "I LIKE COLD WAR"

That is not my job to decide that now, is it? What I care about is the claim that there is evidence and a supposed criminal still walks free. Why? That is what I care about.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by toorich: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Where is Otedola now?

If this story is true, we need to find out how long he's been bribing and who else he has been bribing. Lawan might end up being not guilty, but that will not make Otedola's hand any cleaner.

do you read before making comments? undecided its not by force to mske one.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2012
woodcook: Ndi ofe-mmanu awogo ndi-ugwu na ala! grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin Nna bros Ala aburu-kwa small thing cheesy
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by toorich: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2012
queensmith: so whats gonna happen to the companies implicated in the subsidy scandal? and why did they even bother to trick this man? It doesn't make any sense, are they trying to discredit the panel?
It's unprofessional to indulge in such at a crucial time like this, resources should have been focused on getting to the bottom of things not conjuring up more scandals when other matters remain unresolved.
Nigeria sha, they know how to dramatize things.

i hold the view that so called report is questionable if these allegations happen to be true as it already looks. its certain that many oil marketers may have bribed themselves out of the probe same way otedola was asked to do..im sure the whistleblower wasnt the only one approached by the so called commitee.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

That is not my job to decide that now, is it? What I care about is the claim that there is evidence and a supposed criminal still walks free. Why? That is what I care about.

Hey hey hey easy lady, this is a senior Honourable grin grin grin the worst that could happen to him is to remove him as the committee chairman and keep him at the National assembly's backseat. lipsrsealed Unless somebody got balls undecided
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Ajillo: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

It shows that something stronger than the evidence exists
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Hey hey hey easy lady, this is a senior Honourable grin grin grin the worst that could happen to him is to remove him as the committee chairman and keep him at the National assembly's backseat. lipsrsealed Unless somebody got balls undecided
If you really believe that then why are you interested in this topic?
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Pakavy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
if u no sabi catch thief,thief go catch u

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by slickfiz(m): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
cry OMG, this is terrible. Bribery upon bribery. There's no form of transparency in this country & its shocking. This goes to proove what OBJ said 'that they are all rogues & armed robbers.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Mbechun007: 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2012
Where is the damn video?!

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

If Farouk can come out unscathed as you imply, then it's only a violent bloody revolution that can save this nation. Ofcourse that's not probably in our lifetime, Nigerians too love life to sacrifice for the country. Don't blame them though, the nation isn't even worth dying for. Anyway, I believe all these will reach a crescendo and finally the change we all seek will happen.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Tropilo(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Cut the bull . . . You were told that the evidence that this took place was on some videotape/audiotape. Your own money was not stolen here and all you are going on are stories that do not all seem to line up.

Any sensible human being will choose to wait to see what happens next before jumping to conclusion on this, and knowing what the best next step should be.

Please, don't kill their fun! Oted-ole and Fa-rogue has given them "assignment to do".
Abi are you not enjoying reading what they think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike’s Revelations An Indictment On Supreme Court – APC / How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy / Forest Guards: Enugu Govt Distributes Motorcycles, Bicycles To 260 Wards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.