Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police (24373 Views)

Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Farouk Lawan Trial Starts Next Week. / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by dallyemmy: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2012
Typical representation of people we have in the affairs of Nigeria. These people are criminals and should be jailed!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Jun 14, 2012
berem: hmm! madam kobo i can feel ur anger on this case.why u dey bother urself? this pple are just fooling us with their soap opera!

Na real soap Opera! And Nigerians, in the millions, seem to love this sort of games. How else do you explain the reason why we allow this to happen at least twice/thrice a year. We never finish part one of the subsidy probe saga, part two already here, and it is only June.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by tchaik(m): 11:14am On Jun 14, 2012
onatisi:
pls stop been a fool cant you see that both of them are thieves , lawan collected money ALONE with no witness with the excuse of wanting to use it against the person , why did he go alone why not with another person , why did he even agreed to take the money . the point is this lawan is a barawo and otedola is an ole

Guy why are you in a haste to insult? How is Otedola a thief? (At least in this particular bribery allegations).
Let's analyse the scenario! As the story goes, Otedola was minding his own business when Farouk Lawan came for his expertise/knowledge in the Petroleum Up-stream and Down-stream sector! The testimony of Zenon was purely for clarification purposes, as they deal only in diesel, the subsidy never covered them. (It is Zenon only, but nobody said anything about Forte Ltd; and incidentally, Forte deals in petroleum markets). Then, after the hearings, some indicted marketers started dropping Dollar,Pound and Euro notes at an alarming rates! Facrook and his mates cashed in and even started threatening any company that has anything to do with the subsidy scam! (Whether indicted or not!) Otedola refused to cash in, but after repeated calls from Frouk Lawan, and also dat his Corrupt Brothers in Oil/Gas sector are 'settling', he reported to SSS (and not to EFCC or NPF! Hmm) and the sting operation and voice notes (even some previous cell phone logs), were gathered and given to EFCC!
When called to make comment, Farouk Lawan CATEGORICALLY DENIED receiving nor giving bribe to anyone! ( Poor sod was unaware that videos were made)! The next day, he changed his stories !
And so on bla bla bla!!!!!!
The ISSUES now are:
1) We all know how NA works! Any senior officer of the House( from the Speaker to minority leader) do get some 'cut' from such committee, depending on how you get mouth reach!) From the fore-going, it seems like Farouk and some members wanted to 'Kolobi' the whole stash!( But why is the Speaker refusing to hand over the marked bills to Police?) Farouk can neither prove the time/day his letter was written; Otedola has bundle of them: call logs, video clips,(even Frouk initial denial)! House of Rep is still detaining the Marked Bills! House is PDP, Otedola is a PDP member, and they now want to make it a house thing! Of course, with the recent proof that some Oil Marketers bribed the committee, THE SUBSIDY REPORT IS AS TAINTED AS HELL! , no sane Government will implement recommendations made from such a report!
And you can guess what will happen

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/3m-bribery-saga-farouk-cttee-collected-bribes-in-pounds-dollars-police/

https://www.nairaland.com/963709/how-pdp-scrambled-cover-up

2) Otedola on his own should tell us about Forte and not Zenon! Or is he hiding something?

CHESSBOARD:

Moderator front Page we have the thief grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Demdem: Obviously more questions than answers. The mere reason we all should be careful in judging

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by tchaik(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Have you been following this case, The real evidence is the video and audio tape. not the moola

Na wah for you! Are you a lawyer? Do you know that the 'bribe Object' (cash etc) must be tendered as evd? Without the Dollar bills, it will be impossible to get a conviction! The video and voice calls na Moi-Moi!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Onyemola: 11:20am On Jun 14, 2012
Do we really think Otedola’s action was as a result of his sincerity and being a patriotic Nigerian? or plans by the ‘Cabal’ to tarnish Lawan’s image to discredit the subsidy probe report? Unfortunately greedy Lawan fell into the trap.
There is no difference between Nigeria politicians/super rich businessmen and drug barons in Mexico. The most important thing to them is to protect their territory and crush whoever crosses their path. Let’s watch as events unfold!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by vanstanzy(m): 11:22am On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD: It is one thing to deny collecting a bribe. It sort of puts one in the clear, at least until proven guilty. But it is an entirely different thing to reiterate such statement later on saying you actually collected the bribe just to expose the ‘giver’ of the bribe.

Such is the nature of the controversy currently raging between the Chairman of the House of Representatives’ ad hoc committee that probed the fuel subsidy regime, Hon. Farouk Lawan, and the Chairman of Zenon Oil and Gas, Mr. Femi Otedola.

In an earlier testimony, Hon. Lawan denied collecting a $620,000 fuel subsidy bribe from Mr. Otedola.

In response to news reports circulating on the alleged bribe, Hon. Lawan, initially issued a statement denying his involvement in the scam.

My attention has been drawn to several newspapers and internet stories alleging that a prominent member of the House Adhoc Committee on Petroleum subsidy demanded and received the sum of $600,000.00 as bribe from an oil marketer.

I wish to categorically deny that I or any member of the committee demanded and received any bribe from anybody in connection with the fuel subsidy probe and I believe this is evident from the thorough and in depth manner the investigation was carried out and the all-encompassing recommendations produced therefrom as approved by the whole House.

He went on to say that the allegations were in an attempt to discredit the Fuel Subsidy report and divert the attention of the public from the real issues of large scale.

Barely 24 hours later, he reversed his earlier statement and admitted that he collected $620,000 from Mr. Otedola to doctor the panel’s report. He told journalists that he collected the money after Otedola approached him, adding that he informed the police and his colleagues about it.

Otedola, on his part, has agreed offering the money to Lawan; adding that it was part of a sting operation initiated by security agencies after he had reported that the committee demanded $3 million from him not to list his companies as part of those indicted in the report.

Otedola had alleged that the lawmaker pressed him for a bribe to remove his firm from the list of companies indicted by his committee for oil subsidy fraud. He said the request compelled him to involve security agencies in a sting to catch Lawan.

The Otedola-security agents’ collaboration was said to have led to a video recording of Lawan receiving a $500,000 bribe with a promise to remove Otedola’s company’s name from the list. The Clerk of the Lawal-led panel, Boniface Emenalo, also received $100,000 as part of the $3m allegedly negotiated with Otedola by Lawan.

In the latest development, Mr. Otedola appeared before the Police Special Task Force in Abuja yesterday to brief investigators on his own side of the story. He reportedly spent about an hour answering questions from detectives in the Special Task force team headed by Commissioner of Police Ali Ahmadu.

The police had invited Lawan but the lawmaker did not honour the invitation to appear before the panel on Tuesday.

However, media reports claim that a police source has established that Mr. Lawan initiated the contact with Mr. Otedola and demanded a bribe in exchange for removing two of Otedola’s firms from adverse reports that would beam an investigative searchlight on the theft of hundreds of millions of dollars in oil subsidy funds.

The police also confirmed that the SSS worked with Mr. Otedola to videotape the bribe and also snooped on several phone conversation between the Zenon executive and the legislator.

Police sources said that they believed Mr. Lawan contacted them to report that he was in possession of bribe money only after he realized that the currencies were marked.

Following Otedola’s statement, the Police authorities, have tagged Lawan as the ‘prime suspect’ in their investigations and are expected to make their move anytime soon.

Otedola said he can’t be accused of being a bribe giver because the money in question was handed to him in its entirety by the State Security Service (SSS).

This latest corruption saga has drawn the attention away from the initial fuel subsidy probe. However, Nigerians and indeed, the international community are eagerly watching to see what would be the outcome of this.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/06/13/femi-otedola-vs-farouk-lawan-the-allegations-counter-allegations-of-the-620000-bribery-scandal/

Moderator front Page we have the thief grin

There goes Farouk Lawan so-called "Mr. Integrity". Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The hunter has now become the hunted. Remember he's being hounding people left, right and center, now it's his turn. I laff in Greek! grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by rawtruth(m): 11:24am On Jun 14, 2012
Nigeria: the smelly rot continues to ooze out!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 11:26am On Jun 14, 2012
fesse: We might be seeing all this drama from an ordinary point of view. Two things are involved;
1. Either they planted Farouk to shade away from probing the real culprits of the subsidy saga. or
2. Farouk is being used to nail some people.
Nigeria is a whole big drama that me and you that are not in the system hardly understand. This story will die a natural death like others since our judiciary is as corrupt as corruption itself. Well, time shall tell whats gonna come out of it. Farouk and Otedola are all guilty.

sorry, it won't die naturally. Facrook is going down. Do you think otedola wants his image stained? The aboki's new what they were doing to frustrate the govt with their subsidy probe. But nemesis has caught up with them.
Shikena!.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2012
Ndi ofe-mmanu awogo ndi-ugwu na ala! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Biggyd2: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2012
berem: hmm! madam kobo i can feel ur anger on this case.why u dey bother urself? this pple are just fooling us with their soap opera!

See http://saharareporters.com/news-page/how-pdp-scrambled-cover-620000-bribery-scandal-premium-times. He knew what was going on as Speaker of the House.I don't have info yet on how her came "in possession" of the money but I heard on Nigeria Info 99.3 this morning that he refused to hand over the money to the law enforcement agents.

Our lawmakers are the very lawbreakers in this country.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2012
Onyemola: Do we really think Otedola’s action was as a result of his sincerity and being a patriotic Nigerian? or plans by the ‘Cabal’ to tarnish Lawan’s image to discredit the subsidy probe report? Unfortunately greedy Lawan fell into the trap.
There is no difference between Nigeria politicians/super rich businessmen and drug barons in Mexico. The most important thing to them is to protect their territory and crush whoever crosses their path. Let’s watch as events unfold!

there are ways you deal with the big guns, you don't mess with them anyhow. How could farouk intend to bite the finger that fed him. Or is he nolonger a pdp member ?Has he not collected money from the pdp pocket during election,? Does he not know that otedola is a major financer in the party.
So he wants to eat his money twice and clean mouth waka! Sorry.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by PetroG1: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2012
grin Funny enough, you people still don’t know what politics and DIRTY deals are.
Otedola and lawan has been in this 2 can play the game.
I think Otedola was tired and lawan was ready to blow it up....
It’s practical try and list me' and i will tell Nigerians how dirty you are.
Otedola is trying to come clean because of image and status of OMO LUWABI THING. Lawan was not thinking because of mere greed and he over calculated. A smooth operator like Otedola will never let an ordinary Mallam to tarnish his image cos he is proving to Nigerians that he doesn’t have anything to do with subsidy. Whereas they are the top economy panel in Nigeria. The author and finisher of our economy. Who is supposed to feed on it and who is not?
So guys those people are trying to distract us from the subsidy probe.
Open your eyes and let your ears be cleaned...... don’t stomach rots
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by achi4u(m): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2012
cheesy
[/i][i][/i][sup][/sup][i][/i][i]
twentycent: This is surely a Nigerian Thriller movie...oooops pls hold on let me go and get some chinchin and orobor pepsi...okay am back...let the movie continue cos am really watching, sitting on the fence and awaiting the end of the movie of which will decide who will go to jail amongst both men. But I will give up on Nigerian Judiciary if no one is prosecuted and convicted amongst these two men.
twentycent: This is surely a Nigerian Thriller movie...oooops pls hold on let me go and get some chinchin and orobor pepsi...okay am back...let the movie continue cos am really watching, sitting on the fence and awaiting the end of the movie of which will decide who will go to jail amongst both men. But I will give up on Nigerian Judiciary if no one is prosecuted and convicted amongst these two men.
correct guy
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by meetndee(m): 11:38am On Jun 14, 2012
woodcook: Ndi ofe-mmanu awogo ndi-ugwu na ala! grin grin grin
i hv been enjoyin dis pls lets nt put tribal sentiments abeg
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2012
tchaik:

Na wah for you! Are you a lawyer? Do you know that the 'bribe Object' (cash etc) must be tendered as evd? Without the Dollar bills, it will be impossible to get a conviction! The video and voice calls na Moi-Moi!

look my guy, you are wrong here. The sss was involved and the money were marked by the sss. If farouk fails to tender the complete marked money, he's in trouble. That counters his statement of wanting to tender the money as evidence. Do you spend evidence momey?

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by MCCARTHY01(m): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2012
Honestly, Lawan Farouk is one of d lawmakers i so much respected ova d years bt wit dis bribery saga rockin him, i dissociate frm him, n wnts 2c whr it wil land him. Bt if dis saga is covad up wtout Lawan in jail, I WIL ROB d CBN in broad daylight!

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 14, 2012
oiseworld:

look my guy, you are wrong here. The sss was involved and the money were marked by the sss. If farouk fails to tender the complete marked money, he's in trouble. That counters his statement of wanting to tender the money as evidence. Do you spend evidence momey?

So true.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by gbadexy(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2012
Germannig: How does marking the money help here assuming the money has disappeared and no longer available as evidence of bribery? Marking money is only useful if still available as evidence, no? The security men should have arrested the bribe taker to recover the marked money as soon as it was accepted. I think both Otedola and Lawan have more explanations to make.

Mr, if they have the video showing he collected the money, the he wuld have to produce it

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 14, 2012
I don't understand what's so hard about typing in full, professional English on NL anymore.

Stop with the text talk and loose grammatical errors. They've been driving me crazy.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by rawtruth(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2012
doctokwus:
Apt.A sting operation(whc now seems to av a nigerian definition or variant,just like every other thing) when executed,usually d culprit(s) is immediately apprehended in order not to lose d evidence,get it tampered wt or allow d culprit get-a-away.But in dis distorted,abused,hazy& clearly full of questions version,it has taken 2whole mths for it to b brought to d open,surprisingly,not by d security agency said to have masterminded& financed d operation but by one of d subjects under serious suspicion of state fraud.This is classic,nigerian sting operation!

Thank you. I continue to ponder the same question: is it because we have no respect for money, so much, that hundreds of thousands of dollars would be given out by security agencies in a sting operation and left in possession of a 'suspect' for months? Lawan is not covered by the immunity clause so why didn't the SSS catch him with the money right there; which would have shortened the now lengthy processes of invitation, begging to recover the 'exhibit', and all what nots? We are mentally muddled-up in this country!

3 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by rawtruth(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2012
doctokwus:
Apt.A sting operation(whc now seems to av a nigerian definition or variant,just like every other thing) when executed,usually d culprit(s) is immediately apprehended in order not to lose d evidence,get it tampered wt or allow d culprit get-a-away.But in dis distorted,abused,hazy& clearly full of questions version,it has taken 2whole mths for it to b brought to d open,surprisingly,not by d security agency said to have masterminded& financed d operation but by one of d subjects under serious suspicion of state fraud.This is classic,nigerian sting operation!

Thank you. I continue to ponder the same question: is it because we have no respect for money, so much, that hundreds of thousands of dollars would be given out by security agencies in a sting operation and left in possession of a 'suspect' for months? Lawan is not covered by the immunity clause so why didn't the SSS catch him with the money right there; which would have shortened the now lengthy processes of invitation, begging to recover the 'exhibit', and all what nots? We are mentally muddled-up in this country!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by HisMajesty1(m): 11:48am On Jun 14, 2012
My deduction on this matter going by the varying versions of this case as reported by the media is simply that: although both Crook Otedola and that midget Rep aboki Farouk are both criminals as clearly they have criminal complicities in this saga, buh i only see one person going down and that's Farouk... The guy isn't as clever as a finks he is.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by achi4u(m): 11:49am On Jun 14, 2012
[left][/left][i][/i]super story,the next thing we will here is that Lawan has been sentence for two years imprisonment equavenlent of one year.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by amaba: 11:51am On Jun 14, 2012
Its unfortunate the kind of representatives we have. I used 2 admire lawal but he has GOOFED big time. He is a big thief & hypocrite...
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by member479760: 11:52am On Jun 14, 2012
Detongue: Lawan is a cheap tif

While Odetola is a dear tif

Lawan wan yahoo Odetola, he no know sey Odetola na teacher of yahoo yahoo.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by tundesto(m): 11:54am On Jun 14, 2012
Only fools or those that cannot reason properly and fully comprehend all that is going on will label Otedola thief despite all the evidence so far. Otedola, as far as, I am concerning has not done anything incriminating since the bribery scandal broke out.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by docjuli(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2012
Which country gives me more things to think/worry about? Nigeria is my country and I must not think/worry too hard.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2012
i am not really an otedola fan but, i admire his role in this stuff. As a major player and one of the fist five richest men in nigeria, he shows he's smart and intelligent. And somehow he actually deserves to be rich.
This are the kind of things/moves that we want to hear aboit our rich men. And not just big stomach,women, jack,..jack..... and no history

nevertheless, the probe should be conducted again and all guilty brought to book.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by niddamugu(m): 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
Story!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by niddamugu(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2012
oiseworld: i am not really an otedola fan but, i admire his role in this stuff. As a major player and one of the fist five richest men in nigeria, he shows he's smart and intelligent. And somehow he actually deserves to be rich.
This are the kind of things/moves that we want to hear aboit our rich men. And not just big stomach,women, jack,..jack..... and no history

nevertheless, the probe should be conducted again and all guilty brought to book.

Every rich man, so long as he's rich, is intelligent.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
niddamugu:

Every rich man, so long as he's rich, is intelligent.

mumu!!! As intelligent as farouk? less or more.
I don't think you know what you are saying. So all the pen thiefs are intelligent? Just because the law has not caught up with you dose't mean you smart or intelligent. When it does, you refrace ur thought.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Redhot111(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Where is Otedola now?

If this story is true, we need to find out how long he's been bribing and who else he has been bribing. Lawan might end up being not guilty, but that will not make Otedola's hand any cleaner.
i guess u didn't even read d post or u proberbly hv prblm with comprehension. As far as am concerned, otedola may not hv any case as far as dis bribery issue is concerned. But if he is guilty of d subsidy scam, den d law shuld take its course. How eva, am moch more disappointed wit dis Lawan guy who ws supposed 2 probe thieves but proved 2 b a bigger thief. If i ws placed under durex 2 let 1 of d 2 thieves go free, i will rather let otedola go free. I pray lawan goes 2 jail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy / How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo / Wike’s Revelations An Indictment On Supreme Court – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.