Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police (24358 Views)

Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Farouk Lawan Trial Starts Next Week. / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
It just 39 quid.

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by iykedonp: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2012
Devastatingly effective. Hmmmm am still watching.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by demsat: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
queensmith: so whats gonna happen to the companies implicated in the subsidy scandal? and why did they even bother to trick this man? It doesn't make any sense, are they trying to discredit the panel?
It's unprofessional to indulge in such at a crucial time like this, resources should have been focused on getting to the bottom of things not conjuring up more scandals when other matters remain unresolved.
Nigeria sha, they know how to dramatize things.
i strongly support this thought.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by afrikanns: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2012
ibide: Am going to watch what is next

can u now see when Baba Iyabo (OBJ) said the house were full witi Armed Robbers, people taut he had mental derailed, point justifyd.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Beaf: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2012
afrikanns:

can u now see when Baba Iyabo (OBJ) said the house were full witi Armed Robbers, people taut he had mental derailed, point justifyd.

Last I heard, they had invited him to explain.
Somehow, I really don't think they want him to honour that invitation anymore! grin

Baba no send pesin. cool
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2012
Beaf:

Somehow, I really don't think they want him to honour that invitation anymore! grin

Baba no send pesin. cool

LOL !!!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by jayrome(m): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2012
OTEDOLA, LAWAN and the rest of them are thieves... Ask yourself these

1. Why does Otedola have two companies importing fuel hence collecting subsidy with fronts

2. How did Otedola get two companies registered? was there no bribery involved.

3. Is this the first time Otedola is bribing a politician/government official? If not, where are the other videos?

4. Since it was a "sting operation" why is Farouk Lawan and the marked money not in police custody as we speak?

5. Does helping the police catch Farouk absolve Otedola of any wrong doing?

6. Is Farouk Lawan the only one involved in this?

The questions are endless really, just goes to show that the polity of this country is a joke in the hand of rouges... It's nice when they do this to themselves though...

We will take it all back from them soon. But we need a clean hearts ourselves. Most of us are THIEVES!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by cardoso111(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2012
why must Otedola be afraid of being listed if he has no skeleton in his cupboard.Let them both be treated equally
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by geogentle: 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2012
I see this as nothing but a way to distract the general public from the main thing. If it was truly a set up for Farouk they should have arrested him immediately after leaving Otedola's place with the money. I won't be surprised if its all a staged drama. I can imagine the two of them (Farouk and Otedola) sitting together and discussing how their plan is working out. I am still trying not to accept that Nigeria is a failed state as some people claim.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Beaf: 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
cardoso111: why must Otedola be afraid of being listed if he has no skeleton in his cupboard.Let them both be treated equally

Lemme tell you how ridiculous listing Otedola is. The dude only imports diesel.
There is NO subsidy on diesel. The subsidy only exists for petrol. Seen?
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by vanstanzy(m): 7:38am On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf: ^
Stop ranting.

Nobody set Farouk Lawan up, but himself. The first question you should ask yourself is why he was harrassing Otedola in the first place.
Otedola only imports diesel which is not subsidised, so how come he was being harrassed? Its just like those policemen that stop you and after you've produced all your documents, they start searching for scratches and charging you for not washing the car.

Farouk Lawan is a thief that used the probe to further their "2015 North" agenda by going after those not involved in the subsidy crimes. Their only crime being an alliance with GEJ.

BEAF I SERIOUSLY HOPE U'RE NOT CALLING ME "RANTING"?
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Beaf: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2012
vanstanzy:

BEAF I SERIOUSLY HOPE U'RE NOT CALLING ME "RANTING"?

Sir! Which kain ves you de ves dis early morning na? Abeg, sorry for we.
Na you I been de talk before, but I don change maut sharply. Fear kaaaaaash me di way you comot like lion!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Jun 15, 2012
^^^

beaf wassup cheesy cheesy

abegii can u kindly assist on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/963274/how-get-official-documents-relating/1#963274.57
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf:

Baba no send pesin. cool

How naaa, who will be pursuing Rat when his Kitchen is on Fire grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Ademab(m): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2012
Comical piece written for the fuel subsidy probe lawan-Otedola gate. http://ademab./2012/06/14/najia-bible/
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 15, 2012
oiseworld:

marked dollar or naira ohh, me and you don't know how it was marked. And the banks also don't know how this particular dollars wre maked, so don't claim it can't be spent. Even on the nigerian naira notes, their are things you normally won't have seen unless you were shown. So don't claim they can't be spent or deposited in the banks. As long as you keep looking and find nothing wrong with it, u'll spend it. Or how are they traceable or used to trace if they can't be spent.

Pls stop talking trash, If Farouk can recognize marked dollars and alert the police why wont a banker recognize marked money(dollar) and beside you a are criminal if u r caught spending marked money, you think its Nigeria naira??
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Stkingsley(m): 9:15am On Jun 15, 2012
All of u guys have made an interesting reading. But it seems to me that once you are Nigerian which we all are, things do not get clearer to you again, or you simply become a dunce (sorry 4 d use of the word). My point being that in Nigeria, a lot of things are at stake. Why did we all leave what we are chasing and are now chasing shadows? How many of you still remember the The ABACHA COUP VIDEO with Oladipo Diya? Let us look at it dis way again> Farouk after an initial denial, says "Yes I got cash from you, but you put pressure on me to take it and i told a House Official about it".. The police says Farouk should surrender the cash, Farouk says he wont. Reason: it is the only proof that Otedola bribed him. Now the questions to help some of us: why did Lawan keep the cash for this long? Isnt it true he was after the balance? COuld this be a way to kill the fuel subsidy report? Who are Otedola's backers?
NOW LOOK AT THIS: Nobody expected the weighty allegations made against fuel importers and their collaborators to go without a major reaction. the growing bribery scandal on the committee turned out that report could just be one of the reactions. i am not saying either of them is guilty/innocent. was part payment made? we dont know. what we know is what is made public. however, i would say we should not lose sight of what brought about all this probe in the first place. How could we, Nigerians, who are Nigerians expect that FUEL SUBSIDY PROBE REPORT to just be released to the public just like that? Do you know how many RICHMEN that will go to jail? You shd know better by now, that METHINK that both OTEDOLA & LAWAN are merely playing out a script. Come-on guys, for 13yrs Farouk has been heading one adhoc committee or the other, why now? Nigeria's highest problem is CORRUPTION and it stemmed from FUEL IMPORTATION. why would we not repair our refineries? why do some pple keep importing generating sets? GEJ, said the bane of Naija's problem is corruption and our new year's gift was Removal of Fuel Subsidy, now a lot of money have been thrown into this committee to get this report. And then all of a sudden, FAROUK of all people, the SMART-INTELLIGENT, OUTSPOKEN FAROUK, who drilled PATRICIA ETTEH, NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA, OKEREKE-ONYIUKE, etc will be involved in a scandal? Is this not a script these people are playing? And they are playing it so that cancerworms from the subsidy probe will not be made public. ON THIS, PLEASE LET US SAY NO. LET THEY RELEASE THE REPORT and after they can look into the scandal or who gave and who received bribe. Video Evidences can be doctored this days I hope u all agree with me
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Beaf: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Pls stop talking trash, If Farouk can recognize marked dollars and alert the police why wont a banker recognize marked money(dollar) and beside you a are criminal if u r caught spending marked money, you think its Nigeria naira??

I believe Farouk might either have been tipped off or his 6th sense warned him (body phone am, as we say in Wafi).
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by davies123: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2012
CHESSBOARD: It is one thing to deny collecting a bribe. It sort of puts one in the clear, at least until proven guilty. But it is an entirely different thing to reiterate such statement later on saying you actually collected the bribe just to expose the ‘giver’ of the bribe.

Such is the nature of the controversy currently raging between the Chairman of the House of Representatives’ ad hoc committee that probed the fuel subsidy regime, Hon. Farouk Lawan, and the Chairman of Zenon Oil and Gas, Mr. Femi Otedola.

In an earlier testimony, Hon. Lawan denied collecting a $620,000 fuel subsidy bribe from Mr. Otedola.

In response to news reports circulating on the alleged bribe, Hon. Lawan, initially issued a statement denying his involvement in the scam.

My attention has been drawn to several newspapers and internet stories alleging that a prominent member of the House Adhoc Committee on Petroleum subsidy demanded and received the sum of $600,000.00 as bribe from an oil marketer.

I wish to categorically deny that I or any member of the committee demanded and received any bribe from anybody in connection with the fuel subsidy probe and I believe this is evident from the thorough and in depth manner the investigation was carried out and the all-encompassing recommendations produced therefrom as approved by the whole House.

He went on to say that the allegations were in an attempt to discredit the Fuel Subsidy report and divert the attention of the public from the real issues of large scale.

Barely 24 hours later, he reversed his earlier statement and admitted that he collected $620,000 from Mr. Otedola to doctor the panel’s report. He told journalists that he collected the money after Otedola approached him, adding that he informed the police and his colleagues about it.

Otedola, on his part, has agreed offering the money to Lawan; adding that it was part of a sting operation initiated by security agencies after he had reported that the committee demanded $3 million from him not to list his companies as part of those indicted in the report.

Otedola had alleged that the lawmaker pressed him for a bribe to remove his firm from the list of companies indicted by his committee for oil subsidy fraud. He said the request compelled him to involve security agencies in a sting to catch Lawan.

The Otedola-security agents’ collaboration was said to have led to a video recording of Lawan receiving a $500,000 bribe with a promise to remove Otedola’s company’s name from the list. The Clerk of the Lawal-led panel, Boniface Emenalo, also received $100,000 as part of the $3m allegedly negotiated with Otedola by Lawan.

In the latest development, Mr. Otedola appeared before the Police Special Task Force in Abuja yesterday to brief investigators on his own side of the story. He reportedly spent about an hour answering questions from detectives in the Special Task force team headed by Commissioner of Police Ali Ahmadu.

The police had invited Lawan but the lawmaker did not honour the invitation to appear before the panel on Tuesday.

However, media reports claim that a police source has established that Mr. Lawan initiated the contact with Mr. Otedola and demanded a bribe in exchange for removing two of Otedola’s firms from adverse reports that would beam an investigative searchlight on the theft of hundreds of millions of dollars in oil subsidy funds.

The police also confirmed that the SSS worked with Mr. Otedola to videotape the bribe and also snooped on several phone conversation between the Zenon executive and the legislator.

Police sources said that they believed Mr. Lawan contacted them to report that he was in possession of bribe money only after he realized that the currencies were marked.

Following Otedola’s statement, the Police authorities, have tagged Lawan as the ‘prime suspect’ in their investigations and are expected to make their move anytime soon.

Otedola said he can’t be accused of being a bribe giver because the money in question was handed to him in its entirety by the State Security Service (SSS).

This latest corruption saga has drawn the attention away from the initial fuel subsidy probe. However, Nigerians and indeed, the international community are eagerly watching to see what would be the outcome of this.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/06/13/femi-otedola-vs-farouk-lawan-the-allegations-counter-allegations-of-the-620000-bribery-scandal/

Moderator front Page we have the thief grin
My question is why didn't SSS not arrest farouk immediately or a day after he took d money or even a week after.This matter is deeper than we think o
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Beaf: 9:46am On Jun 15, 2012
davies123:
My question is why didn't SSS not arrest farouk immediately or a day after he took d money or even a week after.This matter is deeper than we think o

Damn right.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by davies123: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2012
vanessa_ra: OTEDOLA VS LAWAN... OBJ & GEJ CONNECTION..... GEJ: Baba, trouble dey oh!
OBJ: What is it Jona?
GEJ: It’s this short man that removed Ete oh, he’s disturbing me.
OBJ: I know this people at the hollow chamber. They are thieves and robbers. They steal the little money we give them and turn around to disturb us for more. You know what you will do?
GEJ: No sir.
OBJ: Call Femi, to arrange small change and tempt the guy.
GEJ: Like how much sir?
OBJ: $3m
GEJ: That’s too much oh.
OBJ: You are no longer a palm-wine tapper oh; you are the president of the most corrupt country on earth, the earlier you get that the better.
GEJ: Supposing he rejects it?
OBJ: Jona, He’s first a member of PDP and a Nigerian. Look who is not a thief here? Myself? Yourself?, Sambo? David? Even among this other political parties who is not?
GEJ: You are right sir.
OBJ: Once Lawan collects the money that is the end of the probe report and beginning of another case. Get any of this home video people to produce the film.
GEJ: Baba, you are the original “Evil Genius”
OBJ: O ti o....
Wuld hv been dissappointed if u didn't bring Goodluck into this!Nigerian always leavind d real issue to chess shadows
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by vanstanzy(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf:

Sir! Which kain ves you de ves dis early morning na? Abeg, sorry for we.
Na you I been de talk before, but I don change maut sharply. Fear kaaaaaash me di way you comot like lion!

FOR THIS, U'RE 4GIVEN MY SON, "GO AND SIN AGAIN!" grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Abbey2sam(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
onatisi:
pls stop been a fool cant you see that both of them are thieves , lawan collected money ALONE with no witness with the excuse of wanting to use it against the person , why did he go alone why not with another person , why did he even agreed to take the money . the point is this lawan is a barawo and otedola is an ole
it seems you dont understand english, the currency was marked and otedola according to the report carried out this operation wit the help of sss.............
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Abbey2sam(m): 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
faruk lawan-otedola season 2 is out.....grab your copy now ;Dfaruk lawan-otedola season 2 is out.....grab your copy now
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by stede(m): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
That Farouk's funny & shameful ordeal:

"...Farouk Lawan visited Otedola’s house on three different occasions over the bribe issue.
On each occasion, he drove himself in a C class Mercedes Benz.
Five video recordings, lasting an average of eight to 10 minutes each were made on each of those visits.
According to a source in the security services, on the first visit, he had lunch with Otedola where the amount to be paid was negotiated and eventually agreed on.

On his second visit, which was around 11 pm, he collected the first tranche of $250,000 and during the third visit when he came around 5.05 am, he collected the second tranche of $250,000. He was dressed in green buba and sokoto with a cap to match.

Later in the day at the plenary session after he had collected the second tranche, he got the House to clear Zenon as one of the companies that bought foreign exchange but did not import petroleum products.

“In the video, Lawan was clearly seen stuffing wads of dollar bills into his pocket, when his pocket was full, to the utter shock of all those who have seen the damning video, he removed his cap and concealed the remaining wads of dollar bills inside it and replaced the cap on his head.

“Nigerians will reel with laughter if they ever get to watch this video. It is on the one hand hilarious and on the other, shameful,” a source said.
Further investigations revealed that Lawan’s resort to stuffing the money in his pockets and cap was done to avoid arousing suspicion from Otedola’s domestic help who would have seen him entering the house empty handed and coming out carrying a bulging envelope.
However, unknown to him, a surveillance video camera carefully installed by the SSS was recording all his actions."

That's corruption for you!

Now the Question:
Does this invalidate the credible report generated that the culprit Otedola had to come in to help the Government set free all culprits People should be talking about this as Farouk gets his share!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by stede(m): 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
They are all cabalz..presidency, the senate, the House of rep, senate, govenors, ministers, comminsioners, none of our politcal rulers (not leaders) r left out.

It is so sadden that faruk fell into the trap with his two eyes wide open

Read a lot of comments, it won't be fair to jail faruk over $620.
Cos he was set up to water-loop the subsidy probe.

Faruk isn't the worst criminal
Where is oteh
Where is herman hembe
Where is dimeji bankole that stole billionz
Where is patricia eteh
Where is the pension fund robbers....

I'm not disputing the fact that faruk lawal is a crimal, rogue,robber, and a greedy thief, but he was set-up and too dull coz he wasn't from the street.... So he fell messly ....

I felt badh for faruk coz his politcal has been danished.

The public attention on fuel subsidy probe is now been shifted from the oil cabals to faruk lawal.
Why not Otedola go ahead and tell us other oil marketers that gave bribe to faruk and not threten him if he fails to appear before the PTF

Since it's is clearly evident that subsidy is a SCAM (subsidy never exist)
The FG should REVERT THE PUMP PRICE FROM 97NGN TO 65NGN with immediate effect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election / How Osinbajo Lured Shekarau Back To APC / Forest Guards: Enugu Govt Distributes Motorcycles, Bicycles To 260 Wards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.