Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police (24377 Views)

Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Farouk Lawan Trial Starts Next Week. / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2012
Aniah4u: @KoboJ,maybe De controversial Immunity clause covers some privileged 'HONOURABLEs' in this our father land.Time will tell.

I don't man to be an arse here . . . . but could you please show me what particular "CLAUSE" in the constitution, people typically refer to as the "IMMUNITY CLAUSE".

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

Cause it seems the "IMMUNITY CLAUSE" in the constitution applies to President, VP, Governors, and their deputies

308. (1) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Constitution, but subject to subsection (2) of this section -

(a) no civil or criminal proceedings shall be instituted or continued against a person to whom this section applies during his period of office;

(b) a person to whom this section applies shall not be arrested or imprisoned during that period either in pursuance of the process of any court or otherwise; and

(c) no process of any court requiring or compelling the appearance of a person to whom this section applies, shall be applied for or issued:

Provided that in ascertaining whether any period of limitation has expired for the purposes of any proceedings against a person to whom this section applies, no account shall be taken of his period of office.

(2) The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to civil proceedings against a person to whom this section applies in his official capacity or to civil or criminal proceedings in which such a person is only a nominal party.

(3) This section applies to a person holding the office of President or Vice-President, Governor or Deputy Governor; and the reference in this section to "period of office" is a reference to the period during which the person holding such office is required to perform the functions of the office.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Otedola is a smart man, little wonder he is a billionaire, little Lawan wanted to become billionaire by not working for it. politicians and their hypocrisy. Street is military, to succeed, you got to be a soldier. Lawan isnt street and will never be. I never expected Lawan to own up his shameful action, but, in totality, he knows he is down and out. If he does not go to jail, then, I will give up on Nigeria's justice system
Nice words.....
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by pdpiperpippen: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2012
Farouk lawan u are a young thief, I dey laugh grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2012
Otedola might be a criminal, but in this case, the guy is a saint. He played his part well- Hon. Lawan is whacked
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Jonwesley(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2012
Haba! U were meant to expose those who currupted the susidy regime, and in the eyes of everybody u showed urself as corrupt by asking for a bribe to remove a culprit. Ur crime is worse than d fraudsters of the susidy regime. So if everybody found in subsidy game bribes Lawan Faruk, then the probe wld ve turned out to be a charade, Lawan wld remove all their names. Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nigerd(m): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2012
queensmith: so whats gonna happen to the companies implicated in the subsidy scandal? and why did they even bother to trick this man? It doesn't make any sense, are they trying to discredit the panel?
It's unprofessional to indulge in such at a crucial time like this, resources should have been focused on getting to the bottom of things not conjuring up more scandals when other matters remain unresolved.
Nigeria sha, they know how to dramatize things.

Before the Saga, i Love Lawan approach to issues.. and will not support him in this issue.. let him clear himself. and precise he is deeply involve..
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by doctokwus: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2012
Joey82: Basic questions nobody is asking:

If this was a sting operation as Otedola claims, why didnt the police/sss arrest farouk lawan since a prima facie case was already established, why did they have to wait for otedola to blow out before taking up the case.
Otedola issued this bribe since april, why did it take him so long to make public the involvement of lawan in the bribe scandal.
Apt.A sting operation(whc now seems to av a nigerian definition or variant,just like every other thing) when executed,usually d culprit(s) is immediately apprehended in order not to lose d evidence,get it tampered wt or allow d culprit get-a-away.But in dis distorted,abused,hazy& clearly full of questions version,it has taken 2whole mths for it to b brought to d open,surprisingly,not by d security agency said to have masterminded& financed d operation but by one of d subjects under serious suspicion of state fraud.This is classic,nigerian sting operation!

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by femzy(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2012
How does Lawan even sleep at night in the midst of all these saga sef
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by crackhouse(m): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Now its time for the legislators to fight back and Deal with the subsidy robbers. I love Cold war. cool
me too but iced war is more better.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Biggyd2: 10:33am On Jun 14, 2012
Aminu Tabuwal has refused to produce the bribe money to the security agents. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE FOOLING? The grand charade continues. I wont be surprised if the money has been burnt sef.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Biggyd2: 10:35am On Jun 14, 2012
femzy: How does Lawan even sleep at night in the midst of all these saga sef

You might be surprised they sleep better than us. Their consciences are sometimes buried in the deepest part of the ocean.

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by crackhouse(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2012
onatisi:
pls stop been a fool cant you see that both of them are thieves , lawan collected money ALONE with no witness with the excuse of wanting to use it against the person , why did he go alone why not with another person , why did he even agreed to take the money . the point is this lawan is a barawo and otedola is an ole
exactly, that's what makes the war more interesting.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2012
How in the world did Tambuwal get his hands of the money now? If the 'sting' was operated by the Police, and the version of the story that suggest that Lawan called the Police when he discovered the bills were serialized, how in the world did the evidence then get into Tambuwal's hands? For pete's sake the man no be detective or police officer.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2012
naija nollywound movie! cant wait to watch where and when the movie ends! i dey laff o! grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by crackhouse(m): 10:40am On Jun 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Biggyd2: 10:40am On Jun 14, 2012
dorothy111: Otedola might be a criminal, but in this case, the guy is a saint. He played his part well- Hon. Lawan is whacked

Exactly what I am saying. Otedola who Nigerians had pointed out as one of the cabals is now look like a demi god, no thanks to the People Deceiving People. Country wa o.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2012
I've always been impressed with Lawan because I thought he was much smarter than he looks. Turns out he is just about as foolish and naive as he looks. How he thought he could blackmail/intimidate a man like Otedola is surely a mystery. Not only is Otedola more connected and powerful in the Nigerian polity than Lawan, he is also deeply entrenched in the power game - with direct access to the President, Obasanjo, the PDP potentates, military top brass and other power brokers. Never mind the fact that he is a multi-billionaire to boot! It was always going to be a foolish move to try and intimidate such a man, rather than beg for money from him if you need it so badly. He would definitely teach you unforgettable lessons.

As things stand, Lawan's long and distinguished political career seems over. Such a shame because I actually loved the man. The lesson needs to be learned though: in life you have to choose your battles wisely and avoid messing with the wrong guy(s).

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by fesse(f): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2012
We might be seeing all this drama from an ordinary point of view. Two things are involved;
1. Either they planted Farouk to shade away from probing the real culprits of the subsidy saga. or
2. Farouk is being used to nail some people.
Nigeria is a whole big drama that me and you that are not in the system hardly understand. This story will die a natural death like others since our judiciary is as corrupt as corruption itself. Well, time shall tell whats gonna come out of it. Farouk and Otedola are all guilty.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by crackhouse(m): 10:44am On Jun 14, 2012
sleeps with his two eyes closed while his money keeps talking and making his lawyers loose theirs while getting his case prepared.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie: How in the world did Tambuwal get his hands of the money now? If the 'sting' was operated by the Police, and the version of the story that suggest that Lawan called the Police when he discovered the bills were serialized, how in the world did the evidence then get into Tambuwal's hands? For pete's sake the man no be detective or police officer.
hmm! madam kobo i can feel ur anger on this case.why u dey bother urself? this pple are just fooling us with their soap opera!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie: How in the world did Tambuwal get his hands of the money now? If the 'sting' was operated by the Police, and the version of the story that suggest that Lawan called the Police when he discovered the bills were serialized, how in the world did the evidence then get into Tambuwal's hands? For pete's sake the man no be detective or police officer.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Demdem(m): 10:49am On Jun 14, 2012
Obviously more questions than answers. The mere reason we all should be careful in judging
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by duen23(m): 10:49am On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Have you been following this case, The real evidence is the video and audio tape. not the moola
This is probably the dumbest quote I have read here. The SSS is probably corrupt or incompetent. Pray tell. In a sting operation where you have video and audio of a lawmaker receiving a bribe, you let the criminal walk out of their for months with no way of recovering your money? They should all be sacked and then probed (preferably with a Love Machine).
They only reason why he should have been allowed to walk out of there with $600,000 of the governments money is if they wanted to see which one of his colleagues would accept the money. No explanation as to why he wasn't apprehended once he accepted the money has been brought up.
This is criminal!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 10:52am On Jun 14, 2012
duen23:
This is probably the dumbest quote I have read here. The SSS is probably corrupt or incompetent. Pray tell. In a sting operation where you have video and audio of a lawmaker receiving a bribe, you let the criminal walk out of their for months with no way of recovering your money? They should all be sacked and then probed (preferably with a Love Machine).
They only reason why he should have been allowed to walk out of there with $600,000 of the governments money is if they wanted to see which one of his colleagues would accept the money. No explanation as to why he wasn't apprehended once he accepted the money has been brought up.
This is criminal!

E go better for you! grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by canuck(m): 10:52am On Jun 14, 2012
The entire confusion may stem from too many Federal agencies chasing down corruption:

1) ICPC - Independent Corrupt Practices Commission
2) EFCC
3) Nigeria Police (Special Fraud Unit)

And now SSS?!? What has a thiefing legislator got to do with threat to state security??
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by maigaskiya1: 10:54am On Jun 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Mehn, that would suck.

It would be a case of "who reported who FIRST". Awww I feel sorry for Lawan, he looks like such an innocent, gentle cutie pie. Somehow I wish he is actually innocent, just caught up in this mess. Awww sad

If he's acutally a criminal, it would suck. But i still feel that they need to investigate that Otedola, he has that criminalish look like he could kill someone in his sleep. tongue
dis abokis alwas tnk dy re smartany way is up 2 nija pepl 2 decide if ds wil be swept undr d carpet or nt.as 4d rogue dat cals hmsf honurable let hm retrun d blud money cos d blud of dose dat died by d guns of dose hoples policemen wil surely hunt dm
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by kaeto(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Where is Otedola now?

If this story is true, we need to find out how long he's been bribing and who else he has been bribing. Lawan might end up being not guilty, but that will not make Otedola's hand any cleaner.
'sting operation' with the sss, not bribery please. Otedola is 100% free.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by tunapawizzy: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Otedola is a smart man, little wonder he is a billionaire, little Lawan wanted to become billionaire by not working for it. politicians and their hypocrisy. Street is military, to succeed, you got to be a soldier. Lawan isnt street and will never be. I never expected Lawan to own up his shameful action, but, in totality, he knows he is down and out. If he does not go to jail, then, I will give up on Nigeria's justice system
na so
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Reference(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2012
Walahi, no Law & Order series sweet pass dis. Make Hollywood come take original script. Sherlock Holmes - a game of dollars. Abeg who dunnit.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by christ4kay: 11:07am On Jun 14, 2012
HMmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by dolwellyahoo: 11:09am On Jun 14, 2012
koruji: Otedola is a free man because it was a sting operation, but as you implied business in Nigeria will take all the oxygen out of the air if you try to smell it!!!

In this case, I believe Otedola protected himself by turning into a police informant.

The joke might be on Farouk trying to set up Otedola, not realizing that he was actually the one going into a trap.

Anyway, how you dey? There is one thing I want Nigerians to get clear, there is no way d two parties can say it was a sting operation,. It simply does not make sense, if Otedola did not offer lawan any bribe, how could lawan then organise a sting operation? If lawan did not demand any bribe from Otedola then how could he have organised a sting operation? Did lawan demand? Or did Otedola offer? But the whole thing is looking more and more like lawan demanded for it, there might be more to it but lawan has to really come up with a better defence becos Lawan himself was d one that recommended that zenon should be removed.. If it was a big giant set up, lawan has to clear his name. My question to lawan is this? Why are u organising a sting operation for Otedola? For what purpose? After all you said his company was not involved so why d bribe? Or was he just dashing you for defending his company? You better say the truth before it is too late.

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by dolwellyahoo: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2012
There is one thing I want Nigerians to get clear, there is no way d two parties can say it was a sting operation,. It simply does not make sense, if Otedola did not offer lawan any bribe, how could lawan then organise a sting operation? If lawan did not demand any bribe from Otedola then how could he have organised a sting operation? Did lawan demand? Or did Otedola offer? But the whole thing is looking more and more like lawan demanded for it, there might be more to it but lawan has to really come up with a better defence becos Lawan himself was d one that recommended that zenon should be removed.. If it was a big giant set up, lawan has to clear his name. My question to lawan is this? Why are u organising a sting operation for Otedola? For what purpose? After all you said his company was not involved so why d bribe? Or was he just dashing you for defending his company? You better say the truth before it is too late

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC / We Won’t Allow Hijab In Kwara Mission Schools - CAN Insists / Sanwo-Olu Dances To 'Buga' Song At Lagos Women Support Walk For Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.