Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police (24376 Views)

Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Farouk Lawan Trial Starts Next Week. / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by inene: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen. We ,ay never know the real truth in this matter as we were not there when the deal was cut. All we are doing here is guesswork using our senses as NIgerians. For me Farouk Lawan forget that when dinning with the devil, one needs a very long spoon, he also forgot that a man like Otedola wont be easy meat as he is not an alaba trader. No one makes the kind of money Otedola has made without street smartness. My predication is that nothing will come out of this whole thing. At worst Farouk would be damaged politically and lose his relevance in the House of 'Representathieves' while life continues for Otedola. Let us not forget that Otedola is a power broker. He was in the team that persuaded OBJ to drop Dr Odili for GEJ who is today Predicament. He is an Aso Rock wheeler Dealer in the likes of Dangote and James Ibori before his incaceration in a London Prison. There is more than are seeing. Ask yourself, where is Tony Elumelu and the power probe. This too shall pass away.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2012
nigerians should now know the difference between cabals and politicians. Politicians always like to make quick money in every little opportunity, but cabals, better still mafians are very few in a country but very powerful and dangerous to mess with. Dont blame farouk, blame entire law maker, this is their practices, just case study, oteh saga. This is what what they have turned law making into, neglecting their primary assignment for corruption. Many has been victim like this. Unfortunately, they thought they can mess up with a cabal and get away with it? Never!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by toorich: 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
Joey82: Basic questions nobody is asking:

If this was a sting operation as Otedola claims, why didnt the police/sss arrest farouk lawan since a prima facie case was already established, why did they have to wait for otedola to blow out before taking up the case.
Otedola issued this bribe since april, why did it take him so long to make public the involvement of lawan in the bribe scandal.
Lawan claimed to have handed the moneys to the national assembly duely informing them, how come the national assembly never made mention of it till now.

Conclusion:
They are just playing on our intelligence, both parties are up to something we never will know. Bunch of idiots.

seconded!!! and why has the sss that masterminded the survillance kept quite

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by dotcomnamename: 2:27pm On Jun 14, 2012
[b]
Who is fooling who in this case. The police force is already judging and taking sides on a case that is still under investigation. Police is yet to take statement from Farouk Lawan, and is already threatening Lawan that if he did not report to make statement, he would mention the names of other oil marketers that gave bribe to the Farouk Lawan led committee under duress. Why not mention the names for ones and let Nigerians know what has bedevilled our polity.
What is the difference in the giver of bribe and the taker? Police should let Nigerians know. And all Nigerians both at home and in diaspora are keeping our fingers crossed to see what comes out of this scenerio.
We also wonder why the presidency has kept a distance over this matter. When the president himself is the actual benefactor of the oil subsidy. Nigerians know very well that all these overnight oil marketers are one way or another fronts for GEJ. His overnight committee of friends who raised billions of dollars for his election. It is then of NO SURPRISE to see the rains of dollar and pound sterling both during the pdp presidential primary and the presidential election proper.
Though our national assemblies are full of rogues, fraudsters and robbers like baba Obasanjo rightly mentioned, but what were the security agencies who ought to check on the dossiers of those contesting elections doing when these so called 'hon-ou-rebels' were seeking political positions.
It is a known fact that the security agencies involved in this matter are reading the script of the presidency and baba Obasanjo happened to be the mouth piece of this inglorious propaganda.
Finally, it would be honourable for the security agencies involved to tell us the percentage of oil marketers involved in milking our dear country dry who gave bribe to the Fsrouk Lawan led committee. It should be made public and must not be used an intimidation on who and who is to report to it. And..........though an heresy but how can a right thinking security officer believe $620,000.00 may have been destroyed. For where? And above all, it is not the money that is at stake here but individual names that have been built over the years. If there is anyway for so many have suddenly forgotten their names, upbringing and believes all because of money. Not wealth. Not prosperity because all these are devine and you cannot have them without the fear of God.
[/b]
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by andyanders: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2012
If actually Lawan Farouk compromised and found to have received such money or whatever allegation as he is a man I hold on high esteem, then it will be better to release all the rubbers in Nigerian prisons and gather all members of the house of representatives/house of assembly and stone them to earth because none is clean. Look at Hembe and Oteh issue and now Lawal which goes to show us that All of them are thieves as OBJ said.

Whot difference between these un-Honorable rogues and 419 or yahoo,yahoo boys. They should gather all of them and put them to jail and release innocent youths in prisons who got to prison as a result of hunger while these honorables are pen robbers.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by toorich: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
who ever read "the incorruptable judge" in high school, this is the movie series in real time.. get your 3D glasses on.. grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by SisiKill1: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
bobby56:

@Germanning, dont be a daft. Marked monies cannot be spent anywhere in the world unless u are a MUGU. The Police will simply arrest you if u're caught, so TAKE NOTE!That's what is called marked monies. Besides photocopies of that money is with the SSS.(Moreover it's in Dollars. Photocopies of all Foreign Currencies used in buying and selling are required by the CBN for proper tracking of such funds, as part of their OVERSIGHT functions).

Assuming the average policeman knows how to identify marked money or is even aware that somewhere out there marked money is floating around.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by debosky(m): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie: It has been about a week since these allegations have been floating around. I am still asking the very same question, if there exists video and audio evidence as claimed, why is Lawan still waiting a free man? Why hasn't he been arrested and charged? What is the police, and SSS waiting for? undecided undecided undecided

IF they are merely allegations you wouldn't expect the police to charge someone based on mere allegations would you?

In terms of 'facts' the official line is that Otedola just delivered his own evidence to the police yesterday. It is unclear whether the alleged SSS evidence has been submitted to the police, and the accounts state that the actual cash has not been released to the police.

I am personally not interested in all the quick 'arrests' that don't end up in successful prosecutions. I'm not saying that the lack of an arrest till now will aid a successful prosecution, but a 'swift' arrest will likely not achieve anything either given previous experience with corrupt people in Nigeria.

The police should build a firm case against whoever is deemed culpable and only when a reasonable level of confidence in the evidence is reached should an arrest be made.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Buddy hey no quarrel here ok, Marked Dollars cannot be spent and an individual cannot lodge marked Dollars ... no fear, thats is even why he has to inform police

why can't marked money be spent? Wher you the one who marked it? Do you know how small or large the marks/inscription are. It could just be numbered you know. Any thimg used to iddentify the money makes it marked. You could even mark money yourself. So be corrected.
Might not be what you see on tv. LOL
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2012
debosky:

IF they are merely allegations you wouldn't expect the police to charge someone based on mere allegations would you?
They remain allegations until we get news of an official charge. Then I would believe this is more than just that, mere allegations.

debosky:
In terms of 'facts' the official line is that Otedola just delivered his own evidence to the police yesterday. It is unclear whether the alleged SSS evidence has been submitted to the police, and the accounts state that the actual cash has not been released to the police.
Those seem to be your chosen facts given that there are reports in other news papers, other than THISDAY, which claim that the Police has had the evidence all along.

Also, if we were to follow your facts then, why in the world would Otedola be allowed to hold on to evidence for 2 whole months, evidence from a police sting? I am not sure that makes sense of any kind.

debosky:
I am personally not interested in all the quick 'arrests' that don't end up in successful prosecutions. I'm not saying that the lack of an arrest till now will aid a successful prosecution, but a 'swift' arrest will likely not achieve anything either given previous experience with corrupt people in Nigeria.

The police should build a firm case against whoever is deemed culpable and only when a reasonable level of confidence in the evidence is reached should an arrest be made.

I am interested in an arrest because I am interested in knowing the truth of this. I would rather the criminal be arrested and charged, so we all know for a fact that there really truth in, and real evidence. If he is prosecuted at the end of the day, good. If not, this is still Nigeria.

So far all I have read are disconnected tails from various sources. Granted people like you have conveniently chosen for yourselves one source to stick with but even your one source seems to leave some questions unanswered.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by IYANGBALI: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2012
onatisi:
pls stop been a fool cant you see that both of them are thieves , lawan collected money ALONE with no witness with the excuse of wanting to use it against the person , why did he go alone why not with another person , why did he even agreed to take the money . the point is this lawan is a barawo and otedola is an ole
no sir,i beg to disagree. Otedola might be a crookmole or anything you want to call him,but in this PARTICULAR CASE he is not,he reported Lawan to the security agencies,the greedy fool was set up and he felt for it. As far as this give and take issue is concerned OTEDOLA IS CLEAN,FAROUK LAWAN IS NOT,HE IS NOTHING BUT A GREEDY THIEF. CHOP ALONE DIE ALONE
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by vanessara: 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2012
OTEDOLA VS LAWAN... OBJ & GEJ CONNECTION..... GEJ: Baba, trouble dey oh!
OBJ: What is it Jona?
GEJ: It’s this short man that removed Ete oh, he’s disturbing me.
OBJ: I know this people at the hollow chamber. They are thieves and robbers. They steal the little money we give them and turn around to disturb us for more. You know what you will do?
GEJ: No sir.
OBJ: Call Femi, to arrange small change and tempt the guy.
GEJ: Like how much sir?
OBJ: $3m
GEJ: That’s too much oh.
OBJ: You are no longer a palm-wine tapper oh; you are the president of the most corrupt country on earth, the earlier you get that the better.
GEJ: Supposing he rejects it?
OBJ: Jona, He’s first a member of PDP and a Nigerian. Look who is not a thief here? Myself? Yourself?, Sambo? David? Even among this other political parties who is not?
GEJ: You are right sir.
OBJ: Once Lawan collects the money that is the end of the probe report and beginning of another case. Get any of this home video people to produce the film.
GEJ: Baba, you are the original “Evil Genius”
OBJ: O ti o....

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by IYANGBALI: 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Otedola is a smart man, little wonder he is a billionaire, little Lawan wanted to become billionaire by not working for it. politicians and their hypocrisy. Street is military, to succeed, you got to be a soldier. Lawan isnt street and will never be. I never expected Lawan to own up his shameful action, but, in totality, he knows he is down and out. If he does not go to jail, then, I will give up on Nigeria's justice system
SECONDED
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by decrox199(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Cut the bull . . . You were told that the evidence that this took place was on some videotape/audiotape. Your own money was not stolen here and all you are going on are stories that do not all seem to line up.

Any seble human being will choose to wait to see what happens next before jumping to conclusion on this, and knowing what the best next step should be.
U̶̲̥̅̊ sound so stupid
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
tribalism: @CHESSBOARD
i don't understand, the issue is not how Otedola made his money or if he is a thief, or not. in this very saga, who is a culprit. i am a thief does not mean when i did not steal i should not defend myself. how he made his money is not the issue here.

Its part of the issue, cos we are talking of subsidy stolen money!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by IYANGBALI: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2012
femzy: How does Lawan even sleep at night in the midst of all these saga sef
no be today he dey do am,he don teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey only say Otedola own boomerang for him face,but he would be given a SOFT LANDING BY HIS FELLOW THIEFS.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2012
oiseworld:

why can't marked money be spent? Wher you the one who marked it? Do you know how small or large the marks/inscription are. It could just be numbered you know. Any thimg used to iddentify the money makes it marked. You could even mark money yourself. So be corrected.
Might not be what you see on tv. LOL

Hey buddy it is mark Dollars not Mark Naira, Dollar transaction is very strict, and it is given to an organization for this kind of operation, it cant be spent in market or lodged into a bank, this Aboki man was just being greedy or was very confidence an individual can not hold a marked money
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by debosky(m): 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Those seem to be your chosen facts given that there are reports in other news papers, other than THISDAY, which claim that the Police has had the evidence all along.

There needs to be some rationale in what you choose to give credence to - if the SSS (not the police) was involved in the sting, why would the police have the evidence all along? The evidence available (dated letters from the police) are requests for evidence, particularly from Lawan, which further supports the view that they did not have the evidence all along.

Also, if we were to follow your facts then, why in the world would Otedola be allowed to hold on to evidence for 2 whole months, evidence from a police sting? I am not sure that makes sense of any kind.

I can't fully answer that without speculating, but there are possibilities that could make sense.

Firstly, Otedola's report was that he didn't hand over evidence per se, but gave a full account of his side of the story. The evidence (video tapes, call logs, etc), according to Otedola, was with the SSS who organised the sting. Why the SSS has passed this on to the police is open to conjecture.

I am interested in an arrest because I am interested in knowing the truth of this. I would rather the criminal be arrested and charged, so we all know for a fact that there really truth in, and real evidence. If he is prosecuted at the end of the day, good. If not, this is still Nigeria.

Arrests do not always end up in prosecutions, most especially rushed ones. This same GEJ government 'arrested' Dokpesi for planning a bomb blast - nothing came of it. On the basis of what I've seen so far, arrests alone mean little or nothing. What is more important is that a credible case is built against those who have committed crimes - if that cannot or will not be done, arrests are a waste of time.

So far all I have read are disconnected tails from various sources. Granted people like you have conveniently chosen for yourselves one source to stick with but even your one source seems to leave some questions unanswered.

There clearly are still questions to be answered, but there is unlikely to be one unified story - especially when one of the main protagonists involved has changed his story in a matter of 48 hours, the disconnected tales will continue for a while to come; even if/when an arrest takes place that won't change.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by radektugal: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
onatisi:
pls stop been a fool cant you see that both of them are thieves , lawan collected money ALONE with no witness with the excuse of wanting to use it against the person , why did he go alone why not with another person , why did he even agreed to take the money . the point is this lawan is a barawo and otedola is an ole
[color=#006600][/color]
I suspect d@ some staffs of the security agency tip Lawan d@ the bribe he collected from Otedola was marked.this is Nija where nothing goes 4 free nomatter how clean you are some pple will still make sure you pay, otherwise u 'll be taking to be dirty.My question is this: as @ the time Zenon's name was removed from d indicted list, was there any other marketer exonerated as well? If so, how did they achieve it? It is high time our legislators sat well & do what is espected of them as there integrity is @ stake.Lawan should be relievd of his position as d chairman of the panel.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
debosky:

There needs to be some rationale in what you choose to give credence to - if the SSS (not the police) was involved in the sting, why would the police have the evidence all along? The evidence available (dated letters from the police) are requests for evidence, particularly from Lawan, which further supports the view that they did not have the evidence all along.

Wrong! The evidence, according to you, was only submitted by Otedola, days ago. If that is correct, then it makes no sense that after a 'sting', carried out back was back in April, the Police/SSS were not in possession of the evidence obtained during their own 'sting'.

The story so far has not been that Lawan is the one in possession of the evidence. The story has been that Otedola, who was in on the sting, and not a police general, a detective or even a security officer, held on to the evidence, after said sting.

debosky:
I can't fully answer that without speculating, but there are possibilities that could make sense.

Firstly, Otedola's report was that he didn't hand over evidence per se, but gave a full account of his side of the story. The evidence (video tapes, call logs, etc), according to Otedola, was with the SSS who organised the sting. Why the SSS has passed this on to the police is open to conjecture.

I am not interested in yet more speculations really. I am more interested, as I have said, in learning the truth of what really happened.

How anyone can believe that after a 'sting', supposedly set up by the Police/SSS, the mole holds on to any additional evidence, is beyond me? According to many of the reports, he already gave the money over to Lawan during the sting, so what "evidence" did he hold on to, and turn over two days ago, according to your THISDAY report?
This contributes to the why of why I would rather that the truth of this be revealed to clear all this nonsense up.

debosky:
Arrests do not always end up in prosecutions, most especially rushed ones. This same GEJ government 'arrested' Dokpesi for planning a bomb blast - nothing came of it. On the basis of what I've seen so far, arrests alone mean little or nothing. What is more important is that a credible case is built against those who have committed crimes - if that cannot or will not be done, arrests are a waste of time.

Like I have said more than once now, arrests do not need to end in prosecution for them to mean much. This is Nigeria -- a prosecution would be a miracle.

An Arrest and a formal charging would valida claims that evidence exists. It is that simple.

debosky:
There clearly are still questions to be answered, but there is unlikely to be one unified story - especially when one of the main protagonists involved has changed his story in a matter of 48 hours, the disconnected tales will continue for a while to come; even if/when an arrest takes place that won't change.

You mean changed his story in the versions of this story you have chosen to consider factual?
Abeg. . . . Abeg . .. I would rather wait for the coco of the matter, not more conjecture.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Hey buddy it is mark Dollars not Mark Naira, Dollar transaction is very strict, and it is given to an organization for this kind of operation, it cant be spent in market or lodged into a bank, this Aboki man was just being greedy or was very confidence an individual can not hold a marked money

marked dollar or naira ohh, me and you don't know how it was marked. And the banks also don't know how this particular dollars wre maked, so don't claim it can't be spent. Even on the nigerian naira notes, their are things you normally won't have seen unless you were shown. So don't claim they can't be spent or deposited in the banks. As long as you keep looking and find nothing wrong with it, u'll spend it. Or how are they traceable or used to trace if they can't be spent.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by ikoha: 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2012
this feminine-tone midget really fooled us. I know he must have phuck.ed that fine girl that said she was in America when NNPC called her to come and establish an oil-subsidy-collecting company.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by debosky(m): 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Wrong! The evidence, according to you, [b]was only submitted by Otedol[/b]a, days ago. If that is correct, then it makes no sense that after a 'sting', carried out back was back in April, the Police/SSS were not in possession of the evidence obtained during their own 'sting'.

This is inaccurate - in the link I posted, Otedola simply gave his own account of what transpired. He gave a personal statement only and did not present any evidence in the form of video tapes or audio logs, etc.

Again, the police is not the same as the SSS - they are separate security agencies. It is very possible that the SSS delayed handing over evidence to the police for reasons best known to them.

The story so far has not been that Lawan is the one in possession of the evidence. The story has been that Otedola, who was in on the sting, and not a police general, a detective or even a security officer, held on to the evidence, after said sting.

Wrong again - Otedola's own accounts state that the 'security agencies' (ostensibly the SSS) have the evidence.

On whether he gave the police a copy of the video footage of Lawan and the committee secretary who allegedly collected the bribe, Otedola said he could not because the evidence was not in his custody.

The police have asked Lawan to hand over the cash and he has not done so.

I am not interested in yet more speculations really. I am more interested, as I have said, in learning the truth of what really happened.

Good - we are in agreement on that.

How anyone can believe that after a 'sting', supposedly set up by the Police/SSS, the mole holds on to any additional evidence, is beyond me? According to many of the reports, he already gave the money over to Lawan during the sting, so what "evidence" did he hold on to, and turn over two days ago, according to your THISDAY report?

The THISDAY report[b]does not[/b] say he held on to any evidence. He simply went in to give his own account of what transpired.

Like I have said more than once now, arrests do not need to end in prosecution for them to mean much. This is Nigeria -- a prosecution would be a miracle.

What exactly does an arrest mean? Elumelu of the power power probe scandal was arrested, released, re-arrested, yet he sits in the house of reps today as a re-elected member. An arrest is meaningless in Nigeria without prosecution.

An Arrest and a formal charging would valida claims that evidence exists. It is that simple.

But it doesn't validate anything. OBJ was roped into a phantom coup and arrested, so was Yar'adua - what 'evidence' existed then? This same Nigerian police that concocted some ridiculous text messages to rope in Dokpesi? cheesy

You mean changed his story from the versions of the story you have chosen to consider factual?
Abeg. . . . Abeg . .. I would rather wait for the coco of the matter, not more conjecture.

Farouk has given two different statements - that is not conjecture.

Mr Lawan in a statement on Sunday night, refuted the allegation stating that “I wish to categorically deny that I or any member of the committee demanded and received any bribe from anybody in connection with the fuel subsidy probe and I believe this is evident from the thorough and in-depth manner the investigation was carried out and the all-encompassing recommendations produced therefrom as approved by the whole House.”

Is Farouk making the statement above conjecture?
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2012
debosky:

This is inaccurate - in the link I posted, Otedola simply gave his own account of what transpired. He gave a personal statement only and did not present any evidence in the form of video tapes or audio logs, etc.

Again, the police is not the same as the SSS - they are separate security agencies. It is very possible that the SSS delayed handing over evidence to the police for reasons best known to them.

debosky:
In terms of 'facts' the official line is that Otedola just delivered his own evidence to the police yesterday.

These are your own words.

debosky:
Wrong again - Otedola's own accounts state that the 'security agencies' (ostensibly the SSS) have the evidence.

debosky:
In terms of 'facts' the official line is that Otedola just delivered his own evidence to the police yesterday.

Again, these are your own words.

debosky:
On whether he gave the police a copy of the video footage of Lawan and the committee secretary who allegedly collected the bribe, Otedola said he could not because the evidence was not in his custody.

The police have asked Lawan to hand over the cash and he has not done so.

On the police asking Lawan for the cash, another question. Why does Lawan still have the cash, 2 months after the 'sting'? If he is unable to produce it, what does this mean to the investigation, if at all there is any? Don't answer that, just positing that there are yet more questions.

debosky:
The THISDAY report[b]does not[/b] say he held on to any evidence. He simply went in to give his own account of what transpired.

debosky:
Again, these are your own words.

debosky:
What exactly does an arrest mean? Elumelu of the power power probe scandal was arrested, released, re-arrested, yet he sits in the house of reps today as a re-elected member. An arrest is meaningless in Nigeria without prosecution.

But it doesn't validate anything. OBJ was roped into a phantom coup and arrested, so was Yar'adua - what 'evidence' existed then? This same Nigerian police that concocted some ridiculous text messages to rope in Dokpesi? cheesy

I think I have beaten this dead horse enough.

debosky:
Farouk has given two different statements - that is not conjecture.

Mr Lawan in a statement on Sunday night, refuted the allegation stating that “I wish to categorically deny that I or any member of the committee demanded and received any bribe from anybody in connection with the fuel subsidy probe and I believe this is evident from the thorough and in-depth manner the investigation was carried out and the all-encompassing recommendations produced therefrom as approved by the whole House.”

Is Farouk making the statement above conjecture?

Like I said, 2 different accounts depending on the sources you have chosen to consider factual accounts.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by IYANGBALI: 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2012
The Gospel According To ‘Saint’ Farouk

1) And it came to pass after these things, on the first day of the first month of the twelfth year after the second millennium, that king Jona son of Bele announced to the people saying; there is no money left in the royal treasury, and the future of the kingdom is in great danger.

2) Therefore, a measure of oil shall no longer sell for three scores of silver and seven, but shall now be seven scores of silver and one. But the people grumbled aloud, and said unto another, what shall it profit our king to gain all these oil money and lose his throne?

3) For it is appointed unto him to reign but once, and after this prison, for many are the atrocities which he has committed.

4) So they said unto the king, eat thou thy food in peace in the palace, and surround thou thyself with thine women, only touch not our oil price and do thy people no harm.

5) But the king would not listen, and said unto himself, I know my people, they shall only grumble for a while and soon they shall forget.

6) But the people would not forget, for the burden was too much for them to bear, and they said; now unto him that is able to increase the price of oil exceeding abundantly above all that his people can bear or think, according to the greed which worketh in him;

7) Unto him be curses in the streets by the masses throughout all ages, protests without end.

So they took to the streets and gave the land no peace, and there was no going out or coming in throughout the kingdom for two weeks, and the king feared greatly and said to himself, surely these people shall overturn me if I answer them not.

9) So he called the head of the labourers unto the palace, and gave him bags of gold, that they might turn off the wrath of the people against the king.

10) So the king assembled the people and said unto them; a measure of oil shall no longer be seven scores of silver and one, but shall now be four scores of silver, one dozen and one, to this your leaders have agreed. Praise me now therefore for I am a benevolent king.

11) And after all these, the Loudspeaker of the House of People said, let us inquire into the king’s claim that there be no money in the royal treasury. So they appointed Farcrook, son of Lawal.

12) And said unto him, gather ye now all the oil sellers, that we may know who stole from the kingdom. This did him with diligence, and came back with his report saying

13) Thieves abound in the land, and so have the oil sellers stole from the people, and gave them not oil, this they did with the help of Aliyaro the king’s mistress; and the amount he mentioned was unheard of in the land.

14) When the people heard this, they were dismayed, and sorrow gripped their hearts.

15) But the oil sellers went in unto the king in his chamber, and said; rememberest thou O king that the what we stole did we made available to thy campaign, and by thus did we make you king.

16) If thou deliver us unto the people that they may punish us, we will hold not our tongue to tell the people that thou art one of us.

17) And they said unto him, how else shall we destroy the message if not to destroy the messenger? Let us therefore implicate Farcrook the son of Lawal in this matter.

18) So they sent a certain rich man from the West by the name Otedollar, and he took Farcrook into his house and gave him some money, that he may alter the report which he had set before the people.

19) And it was that Otedollar went before an assembly of the people and said unto them, trust ye this man who said we stole from the treasury? Surely he is one of us, for he came unto me in the middle of the night, and he left with his pockets full of money.

20) And the people where amazed, and their hearts bled, for Farcrook was a man in whom they had to their trust.

21) So Farcrook arose, and said; Otedollar is my briber, I did not request. He maketh me to sit down in his Maitama house; he leadeth me beside the chilled champagne.

22) He exploited me greed; he leadeth me in the paths of marked dollars for subsidy’s sake.

23) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of EFCC, I will fear no arrest: for bribes are with me; my loots and my kickbacks they comfort me.

24) Thou preparest the dollars before me, in the presence of the SSS: thou anointest my mouth with wine; my pocket runneth over.

25) Surely the shame and reproach shall follow me all the days of my life, but I will dwell in the house of PDP forever and ever.

26) And the people wept, but there was no one to console them.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by maybel(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
Detongue: Lawan is a cheap tif
that guy na international robber.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by debosky(m): 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2012
If you attribute claims to me that are wrong, the noble thing is to admit you were wrong. Those are not 'my own words' as you claim -they are excerpts from the THISDAY reports. For you to claim that:

Wrong! The evidence, according to you, was only submitted by Otedola, days ago.

means either you did not read/understand the THISDAY accounts or you're just being argumentative for the fun of it.

Like I said, 2 different accounts depending on the sources you have chosen to consider factual accounts.

You're simply dancing around in circles - can you point out ONE source that does not corroborate the fact that Farouk has made two contradictory statements?

What we both agree on is that there are more questions to be answered. I'll leave it at that.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by oiseworld: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

IYA NGBLI, that was interesting and funny. Naija suffering and smiling.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
debosky: If you attribute claims to me that are wrong, the noble thing is to admit you were wrong. Those are not 'my own words' as you claim -they are excerpts from the THISDAY reports. For you to claim that:
means either you did not read/understand the THISDAY accounts or you're just being argumentative for the fun of it.
You're simply dancing around in circles - can you point out ONE source that does not corroborate the fact that Farouk has made two contradictory statements?

What we both agree on is that there are more questions to be answered. I'll leave it at that.

You are clearly the one who is being argumentative. I have made clear my stance on this. And I am not moving just cause you feel your story, and your interpretations of the events, should be enough to sell me on this.
If you have nothing tangible to tell me on this, I suggest you move on and stop wasting my own time. I prefer to waste it MY WAY.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by vanstanzy(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2012
Peops take a loada this; AN UNKNOWN THIEF IS SENT TO PROBE KNOWN THIEVES. NOW, UNKNOWN TO THE UNKNOWN THIEF, HIS TRUE IDENTITY HAS ALREADY BEEN FIGURED OUT BY A KNOWN THIEF IN THE LOT OF KNOWN THIEVES. THE KNOWN THIEF NOW HATCHES A MOST GENIUS PLAN TO GET THE UNKNOWN THIEF EXPOSED, BY THROWING A BAIT WHICH ALL THIEVES CAN'T RESIST. AND GUESS WHAT, THE PLAN DID WORK LIKE MAGIC, DIDN'T IT FAR-CROOK? OBJ WAS RIGHT.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by vanstanzy(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2012
GUYZ, ALMOST EVERYONE IN THE CIRCLE OF POWER HAS BEEN ROOTING TO NAIL FAROUK LAWAN so-called "MR INTEGRITY". HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT.
Re: Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police by Beaf: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
^
Stop ranting.

Nobody set Farouk Lawan up, but himself. The first question you should ask yourself is why he was harrassing Otedola in the first place.
Otedola only imports diesel which is not subsidised, so how come he was being harrassed? Its just like those policemen that stop you and after you've produced all your documents, they start searching for scratches and charging you for not washing the car.

Farouk Lawan is a thief that used the probe to further their "2015 North" agenda by going after those not involved in the subsidy crimes. Their only crime being an alliance with GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC / We Won’t Allow Hijab In Kwara Mission Schools - CAN Insists / Sanwo-Olu Dances To 'Buga' Song At Lagos Women Support Walk For Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.