Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,407 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

CBN Test. - Jobs/Vacancies (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CBN Test. (293428 Views)

CBN Recruitment 2014 / CBN Test/interview / How Much Does The CBN Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Test. by Goro123: 8:17am On Nov 10, 2013
amiraland: I really don't have any contact in cbn so won't b able to say for sure if oda letters are coming all I know is that some of d guys we did medicals with got their letter yesterday though I noticed that majority of them had no prior working experience. Most of us that had over 4 yrs experience in financial institutitions haven't gotten our offer. So I guess CBN are on top of their game. Be that as it may there should b no cause for alarm. If God says ull get the job ul definately get it . Its not a do or die affair. Abeg let me go back to my debiting and credting before I mistakenly credit a wrong account. Happy weekend guys and. Keep trusting the king of kings.

All those called for induction are for entry level. Though many were invited to undergo medical screening, experienced hire has been suspended till January 2014. Some that underwent the screening have been contacted with reasons why they haven't received their offer of appointment at this time.
Re: CBN Test. by makonko(m): 10:47am On Nov 10, 2013
Nice one @goro
Re: CBN Test. by yayoxus: 5:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Induction is for both experienced and trainess. Somebody with 7yrs experience got appointment letter. Well, i met somebody who has not gotten appointment letter yet and they told him they're still reviewing his medical history. Guys the truth of the matter is that interview and medics are not assurance of securing this job.
Re: CBN Test. by longbush: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2013
@yayoxus what was the grade offered to the guy with 7yrs experience?
Re: CBN Test. by longbush: 11:20am On Nov 11, 2013
Goro123:

All those called for induction are for entry level. Though many were invited to undergo medical screening, experienced hire has been suspended till January 2014. Some that underwent the screening have been contacted with reasons why they haven't received their offer of appointment at this time.

Thanks @Goro123 for the info; Pls. how do you know that induction for experienced hire has been suspended until Jan. 2014? I thought they want to conclude before Jan. 2014.
Re: CBN Test. by yayoxus: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
longbush: @yayoxus what was the grade offered to the guy with 7yrs experience?
Actually i didnt ask him but the other one with 1yr told me he was given L9.
Re: CBN Test. by yayoxus: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
longbush: @yayoxus what was the grade offered to the guy with 7yrs experience?
Re: CBN Test. by authenticblack: 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
The information I got today was that the recruitment process is in batches. That other batches are coming out soon. The guy did not talk about erxperienced or not experienced employment
Re: CBN Test. by makonko(m): 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
@authentic, how reliable is your source?
Re: CBN Test. by authenticblack: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
makonko: @authentic, how reliable is your source?

I called the mobile number sent along with the letter for invitation for medoical screening,and the guy that spoke with me said the recruitment excercise is coming in batches.
Re: CBN Test. by authenticblack: 11:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
makonko: @authentic, how reliable is your source?

I called the mobile number sent along with the letter for invitation for medical screening,and the H.R guy that spoke with me said the recruitment excercise is coming in batches.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
I asked and was told that the process is going on in batches. Those going for induction are the ones with little or no experience. Others will follow in December and January. My understanding and knowldege of the team is that they are thorough and do things properly.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
About 170 were invited for the first induction. I am told that the space at the Training School cannot take more than that without putting 2 in a room and the the staff say that they don't like doing that. The orientation and training is very intensive and they write tests. Everyday they close at 9 in the night and expect you to be in the morning activities before class. They are very strict and I am told that people can be dropped for their behaviour at the Training School. They also advise that u should bring all the required documents if not you will not be documented. I am asking questions and they are providing answers.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
The Recruitment team is sending the offers in batches. They started with fresh graduates and less than 3 yaers experience. The other ones will come very soon once they have worked out the job levels based on the forms that were sent. I asked why and was told that they want to be fair in the assignment of levels to people. becos once u accept, no appeal. My contact said that there will be 2 or 3 other inductions between Dec and Feb to accomodate the experienced people. You know some people hv to give 1 mth to 3 mths notice or pay to leave their current place. Soon more letters will drop. I asked if more people will be called for medical and they said it is not likely. That closed my case but God dey sha.
I am still asking questions.

1 Like

Re: CBN Test. by obasijoy(f): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
@finetalk,thanks for the info,please will there be more invite for interview?those that did their test this year.thanks
Re: CBN Test. by Goro123: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Guys, what's the difference between senior supervisor I and senior supervisor II pls? Which one is higher? Thanks...
Re: CBN Test. by makonko(m): 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
Senior supervisor I is more superior
Re: CBN Test. by Goro123: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
makonko: Senior supervisor I is more superior

Thanks, makonko.
Re: CBN Test. by Abol4luv: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
SS1 is lower, SS2 is more superior cuz SS1 is CBSS 08 while SS2 is CBSS 09. I was also confused bt it is nw clear to me. Either SS1 or SS2, provided u are employed @ d same time and u pass d promotional exam, u will both move to AM. They design SS2 to compensate those with less than 3yrs experience.
makonko: Senior supervisor I is more superior
Re: CBN Test. by Goro123: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
Abol4luv: SS1 is lower, SS2 is more superior cuz SS1 is CBSS 08 while SS2 is CBSS 09. I was also confused bt it is nw clear to me. Either SS1 or SS2, provided u are employed @ d same time and u pass d promotional exam, u will both move to AM. They design SS2 to compensate those with less than 3yrs experience.

Good, what about those with Msc but have less than 2 years experience? Do they start from ss1 or ss2?
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
None is superior to the other. They use it to separate different certificates and experience level. The next level for both is the same 07.
I sent ur question and they said - No interviews. The exercise was mostly for some states.

1 Like

Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
Abol4luv: SS1 is lower, SS2 is more superior cuz SS1 is CBSS 08 while SS2 is CBSS 09. I was also confused bt it is nw clear to me. Either SS1 or SS2, provided u are employed @ d same time and u pass d promotional exam, u will both move to AM. They design SS2 to compensate those with less than 3yrs experience.

Not quite true. SS or SS2 is the entry level. People with Masters or additional professional qualification are given SS1 just to recognize that. Both grades are the same and treated same way.

1 Like

Re: CBN Test. by Goro123: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Finetalk: None is superior to the other. They use it to separate different certificates and experience level. The next level for both is the same 07.
I sent ur question and they said - No interviews. The exercise was mostly for some states.

If AM is 07, then CBSS 08 is ahead of CBSS 09...ss1 is CBSS 08....
Re: CBN Test. by Abol4luv: 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
The SS1 or SS2 thing is very confusing. I know they move togetheir to AM, just a little difference in their pay. I knw even in d fed min job, admin officer 1 is higher than admin officer 2, also in d para military jobs, ASC 1 is superior to ASC 2, even police ASP 1 is higher than ASP 2. Anyways, the most important thing is to get the job. Peace!!!
Re: CBN Test. by longbush: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2013
Finetalk:

Not quite true. SS or SS2 is the entry level. People with Masters or additional professional qualification are given SS1 just to recognize that. Both grades are the same and treated same way.
@finetalk thank you for the info. Pls. what is the grade for 7years experience in financial institution? I was told that,they consider relevance of an individual experience to what CBN does in placement. Be that as it may, 7 yrs experience in financial institution in not the same as 7 yrs in civil service or lecturing. Pls. help us confirm this.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 9:25am On Nov 13, 2013
I will ask them. But I think it will be based on what u were doing in the financial institution. They said they sent a form to fill experience and work responsibility. That form is impt to that and they will use it to give level and they will confirm what u put down.

1 Like

Re: CBN Test. by amiraland: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2013
As ABOL4LUV rightly said the most important thing is to get the offer letter first also want to thank FINETALK for the great job he's doing I believe by this month everything will b clearer based on d recent mails CBN has been sending . Till then wishing everyone all d best.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Thanks. I have been in touch with them and they confirmed that it is based on the experience you have.

For those who have been called, congratulations and make the best out of this opportunity. For those still waiting, I am told that Recruitment team will provide update directly to you. Whatever the case, please make sure all the forms you are filling are factual. Honesty is important. They can withdraw the offer if your information is false.
Re: CBN Test. by longbush: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Finetalk: Thanks. I have been in touch with them and they confirmed that it is based on the experience you have.

For those who have been called, congratulations and make the best out of this opportunity. For those still waiting, I am told that Recruitment team will provide update directly to you. Whatever the case, please make sure all the forms you are filling are factual. Honesty is important. They can withdraw the offer if your information is false.
Thanks a whole lot @finetalk. Sorry for bothering with another question; What should someone with 7yrs experience (in a leadership position eg Branch manager) in financial institution expect?
Re: CBN Test. by Cocoette: 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hello Finetalk, thanks for the great work you are doing on this forum. I have just one question for you. Can someone negotiate or ask for a higher position if you believe what you were given is not commensurate to your current qualification and experience. For instance, if I am offered an Assistant Manager, Can I write them back and ask them to consider me for Deputy Manager instead? Same with if you are offered a Senior Manager, can you contact them and request for a Principal Manager? Thanks in anticipation. God bless... Cocoette

Finetalk: I will ask them. But I think it will be based on what u were doing in the financial institution. They said they sent a form to fill experience and work responsibility. That form is impt to that and they will use it to give level and they will confirm what u put down.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
Cocoette: Hello Finetalk, thanks for the great work you are doing on this forum. I have just one question for you. Can someone negotiate or ask for a higher position if you believe what you were given is not commensurate to your current qualification and experience. For instance, if I am offered an Assistant Manager, Can I write them back and ask them to consider me for Deputy Manager instead? Same with if you are offered a Senior Manager, can you contact them and request for a Principal Manager? Thanks in anticipation. God bless... Cocoette

I am not sure about that. My contact said that they spend a lot of time doing the level assignment. The work experience form is very important. They checked the job responsibilities and achievement to arrive at a decision. The contact also said they will check every information declared there. I will put the question to my contacts there.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Longbush, my contact said that what is considered is the years of experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (80) (Reply)

INEC Recruitment 2020. How To Apply / N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.