Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,210 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

CBN Test. - Jobs/Vacancies (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CBN Test. (295233 Views)

CBN Recruitment 2014 / CBN Test/interview / How Much Does The CBN Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Test. by spinnin(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hey guys I need some advice. I have an offer from cbn but I'm undecided on what to do. I currently work with one of the commercial banks in Nigeria and I love the culture of the bank. I plan on going for my an MBA in the next 2 years. I also plan on starting the CFA exam next year. I want to know if cbn will offer the right environment for growth and if the work environment is challenging (I don't like being idle). Also, I'll need to know what the pay structure for the SS II level is. More importantly, I wish to establish a career in the financial services industry (not necessarily banking) and I need to know if this experience will be relevant. (I started work this year and I've completed my ICAN exams). Thank you for your anticipated responses.
Re: CBN Test. by Devirus2: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
hey guys please assist. i was called for induction and given an offer letter for ss2 for 17th November. but later they sent a mail and called me that my induction has been postponed to January 2014. please did anybody get the same mail? is this safe? because i'm really out of ideas. note: i have more than 2yrs experience.
Re: CBN Test. by makonko(m): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Spinnin, i will advice you to take the CBN offer

@De virus, i think they checked your years of experience and decided you ate with the experienced hires. Just chill... it's a good thing
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
spinnin: Hey guys I need some advice. I have an offer from cbn but I'm undecided on what to do. I currently work with one of the commercial banks in Nigeria and I love the culture of the bank. I plan on going for my an MBA in the next 2 years. I also plan on starting the CFA exam next year. I want to know if cbn will offer the right environment for growth and if the work environment is challenging (I don't like being idle). Also, I'll need to know what the pay structure for the SS II level is. More importantly, I wish to establish a career in the financial services industry (not necessarily banking) and I need to know if this experience will be relevant. (I started work this year and I've completed my ICAN exams). Thank you for your anticipated responses.

No one can advise you. You have to decide for yourself.
Re: CBN Test. by yayoxus: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Pls Finetalk and others that have contact, help us confirm if there will be more interview invites and also medical invites for those of us awaiting.

1 Like

Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
yayoxus: Pls Finetalk and others that have contact, help us confirm if there will be more interview invites and also medical invites for those of us awaiting.

See my earlier post. Very unlikely.
Re: CBN Test. by yayoxus: 6:10am On Nov 15, 2013
Finetalk:

See my earlier post. Very unlikely.
ok. Why i asked is because i heard there will be more than one induction. And about 200 were called for medics and 170 or so called for induction. Thats why i was thinking there could be another medics to supplement the remaining 30 or so.
Re: CBN Test. by obasijoy(f): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2013
yayoxus: ok. Why i asked is because i heard there will be more than one induction. And about 200 were called for medics and 170 or so called for induction. Thats why i was thinking there could be another medics to supplement the remaining 30 or so.

@yayoxus,don't loose hope. i believe anything can happen. i applied February last year, did my test march this year,i haven't been invited for interview yet. I have hope,and my mind tells me i will get this CBN job no matter how many years it takes them to call me. I know God must do it for me/us.I pray they invite me for interview soon or next year.with God all things are possible and He is a Perfect Planner.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2013
My advice: move on. CBN is not the only organisation. Don't live ur life waiting for an interview. God has bigger plans for u and u r limiting Him by thinking this way. Let His will be done in our lives. I have moved on.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Test. by kollykolly: 10:23am On Nov 15, 2013
Finetalk: My advice: move on. CBN is not the only organisation. Don't live ur life waiting for an interview. God has bigger plans for u and u r limiting Him by thinking this way. Let His will be done in our lives. I have moved on.
The truth is always bitter. But truly it is not over if u have oga at the top as they are doing mop up now but outside that one must face reality and move on. The merit list has been released and are awaiting induction. It can not happen ordinarily again. They have packed all the interviewed file to the cabinet. But as Obasijoy has said, God is great and can do anything that please him but life must surely continue with/without CBN.

1 Like

Re: CBN Test. by amaham(m): 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
pls why dont the HR send rejection mails early enough so that job seekers would not be praying for a forgone issue

1 Like

Re: CBN Test. by kulichana: 7:17am On Nov 16, 2013
Like I said b4,d offer is out of dis world
Re: CBN Test. by obasijoy(f): 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
Finetalk: My advice: move on. CBN is not the only organisation. Don't live ur life waiting for an interview. God has bigger plans for u and u r limiting Him by thinking this way. Let His will be done in our lives. I have moved on.

I have a job already in a big estate firm in island,lagos. Admin. looking forward to bigger one which God must do.Amen.
Re: CBN Test. by yayoxus: 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
obasijoy:

I have a job already in a big estate firm in island,lagos. Admin. looking forward to bigger one which God must do.Amen.
i like ur spirit. With God, there's no cause for alarm. Lets patiently wait. Testimonies i have been giving. This is not different in anyway.
Re: CBN Test. by spokesboy: 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Finetalk: @Longbush, my contact said that what is considered is the years of experience.
@Finetalk, please do you have any information on the CBN pay structure? This is equally as important as the offer level.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
spokesboy:
@Finetalk, please do you have any information on the CBN pay structure? This is equally as important as the offer level.

No one will share the pay scale with you. All you will get is speculations. Once induction starts, people will go off this thread. Your pay o
Is personal and between u and the organization.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 6:58am On Nov 18, 2013
This place is quiet. Has everyone gone for the training?
Re: CBN Test. by obasijoy(f): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2013
Finetalk: This place is quiet. Has everyone gone for the training?

Lol,its calm because you've made things clear to us.
Finetalk,my mind tells me that you are our runaway
Wizzy,hope I'm right.
Please will there be recruitment next year?

1 Like

Re: CBN Test. by snazzyjay(m): 8:33am On Nov 18, 2013
Yea, I served in cbn and opportuned to write the test of 26th august 2012. Although, the process was marred wt some irregularities. No regrets since I ve somefin doing @ d moment.
The pay structure is ok although for ss1 n ss2 it may not be as juicy as u fink
Ss1 is 85k per month, as at 2012 that I left the bank
Ss2 is 65k per month
Every month u get domestic allowance aside ur monthly pay. For ss1 its 42k n ss2 is 26k
Yearly, u get upfront of N1.3m for ss2 and N1.9m for ss1.
Also productivity allowance which varies depending on wat ur supervising manager grade u. I hope dis satisfy ur question as regards pay package. Congrats for the inductees
Re: CBN Test. by amiraland: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
Finetalk: This place is quiet. Has everyone gone for the training?
as OBASIJOY rightly pointed out u seem to have answered everyones questions on this forum that's y every where is calm. Hopefully there will b some activity once more offer letters especially for those with some years experience start dropping this month. I'm also expecting mine. There's no cause for alarm.
Re: CBN Test. by longbush: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
snazzyjay: Yea, I served in cbn and opportuned to write the test of 26th august 2012. Although, the process was marred wt some irregularities. No regrets since I ve somefin doing @ d moment.
The pay structure is ok although for ss1 n ss2 it may not be as juicy as u fink
Ss1 is 85k per month, as at 2012 that I left the bank
Ss2 is 65k per month
Every month u get domestic allowance aside ur monthly pay. For ss1 its 42k n ss2 is 26k
Yearly, u get upfront of N1.3m for ss2 and N1.9m for ss1.
Also productivity allowance which varies depending on wat ur supervising manager grade u. I hope dis satisfy ur question as regards pay package. Congrats for the inductees

The monthly pay is small but the upfront is good. With 1.9m you can start something good for the future. They also pay lunch allowance of more than 20k per month. When you add productivity and leave allowances that comes in bulk; you don become millonaire. You can also get 13th month in Dec. The most important thing is to use the money wisely.
Re: CBN Test. by kulichana: 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Pls wat position will b given 2. Fresh graduate with a bsc...is it. Ss2
Re: CBN Test. by Devirus2: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2013
thanks guys for all your many contributions. but i realized that there are still experienced people currently at the induction, so i am still confused why some of us had theirs postponed to January 2014.
Re: CBN Test. by yayoxus: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2013
De virus: thanks guys for all your many contributions. but i realized that there are still experienced people currently at the induction, so i am still confused why some of us had theirs postponed to January 2014.
i think i said it earlier. Its both for experienced and graduate trainees. As u've bn called for medics, u r covered by 95%. As for ur question, only director hr or his deputees can provide answers.
Re: CBN Test. by longbush: 11:06am On Nov 19, 2013
Alhamdulillah! My offer landed yesterday 05.34. Training starts 01/12/2013.
Re: CBN Test. by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 19, 2013
Vacancy exists for customers care agent and accountant in a highly reputable company in Lagos. Interested persons should send CVs to renewplusconcept@gmail.com for consideration.
Re: CBN Test. by amaham(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2013
@longbush- congratulopia, are u a graduate trainee or an experience hire? if u are experienced were you required to submit a letter from your previous employers during your medicals?
Re: CBN Test. by authenticblack: 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello house,I received my email for induction on the 19th of November,and attached were the Requirement for induction,New engagement form and dress code policies. I do not see anything thing like L8 or L9. Resumption date for the training is 1st of December and it will run for two weeks. Help give thanks to God for his faithfulness.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 11:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
amaham: @longbush- congratulopia, are u a graduate trainee or an experience hire? if u are experienced were you required to submit a letter from your previous employers during your medicals?

You must provide the letter to get an id number and card. The induction for Dec is mixed but mostly experienced people (at least 4 yrs). The Nov batch is mostly inexperienced.

my contact says they do not make financial offers anymore. If u want the pay info, u call the phone contact and they'll walk u thru. My friend at the induction says it is really interesting. The place is like a hotel. They were checked in by the Director and Deputies. They r like 150 and still have space for like 200 more. I am glad for everyone who made it. make the most of it.
Re: CBN Test. by amiraland: 10:07am On Nov 20, 2013
At finetalk good day. Please are they still sending offer letters some of my friends that we did the medicals haven't gotten their offer letters as at yesterday. They are experienced with over 5 yrs in financial institutions. They're really worried. Thanks . Look foward to meeting some peps here in training school next month. Finetalk thanks in advance for ure response
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2013
Will ask my contact.
Re: CBN Test. by Finetalk(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2013
My contact says more letters are going out today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (80) (Reply)

N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! / INEC Recruitment 2020. How To Apply / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.