Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company (2070 Views)

Hand Written Love Letter My Ex Wrote Me 6 Years Ago / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? / My Ex-boyfriends Keep Coming Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by Wislet(f): 8:51am On Jun 18, 2012
Konnektions146: @wislet,
i read tru yur posts, basically, just as a poster mentioned earlier, i asked what if she is instrumental to de FG deal , i mean, what if she is de lead negotiator or she has de key to de door we dont know yet until OP clarifies her role in dat deal.

Registering a new company is a No NO cos if anythin like dat comes, she could invite a competitor and partner with dem under same businesss name and deal with OP's new company badly considerin dat de old company has got name, track records, good financial record(i presume) and i bet u, OP wont like wat de outcome would be.

de relatively better approach is Mr Billy's option C, OP can go to CAC, and increase de share capital but come to think of it, what if de lady can even afford to buy more into de compayy?

she cant be sacked as a director easily but can as a manager. OP should just try reducing her presence in de operational scene of de company as quickly and as much as possible to contain de imminent danger she poses to de company.
yes. The change of name is nt quite an option.
And the lady is an MD according to the OP. I think the CEO can terminate the appointment of his MD. He just has to find a way to do it.
And hopefully, he didn't give her too much free hand/power in the company to the point of being the initiator of the contract.
At least he should be thankful the 'love' didn't carry him to make her a full partner undecided that would have been another story.
Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by OAM(m): 10:03am On Jun 18, 2012
Am §o̶̲̥̅̊ greatful for all the suggestions and your valuable time in all the replies. Am also sorry commenting late to all thhe questions. And as for the payment, God go bless all of na and give wisdom to u̶̲̥̅̊ all.
I would want to clearify to all yah, that am not in anyway trying to say ill of this partner. I have always wanted to do away with her eversince when I discoverd her unprofessional bhavour, but I couldn't cause I knew ‎​ђã†̥? She would do. She will shout to who cares and tell them that am throwing her out of the business just cause we are no longer having an affairs. I knw people will listen to her the more but in real sense its far from the truth.
To start with, she is §o̶̲̥̅̊ popular with the company's major Clients. She is a beautiful lady as Ɣ☺ΰ can imagine, thank God I made it clear from the start of we having nothing to do with our Clientd outside our official duties. Our clients stays with us not bcus of a beautiful and charming GM rather, the stay bcus of our service delivery and creativity.
As for the FG deal, my personality and long way relationships with them are the key factors in play. And above all baba God. I will also like to say am much intrested in the company and would not want to leave it to her. I want to just move on and build the empire am dreaming of with the right people, I have very weonderful coleagues and am §o̶̲̥̅̊ happy having them on board as well, I love to work with people cause humans are wealth as Ɣ☺ΰ all know.
Am of the view of finding a solution to this end. Am ready to be on same page with her if only she has improved or willing to learn and not drag my Company with me.. As for my percentage in the Company, I own double of hers while the rest lays with other investors...
Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by VOfficialR(m): 10:16am On Jun 18, 2012
Great!!!
what i think you can do at the moment ( as i think you dunno want to go harsh) is to sit her down and discuss things over with..
Who ended the relationship, you or her

If it's you then, your price for keeping the company might be for you to be on a page with her and... if it's otherwise...
you just have to be best of friends while still trying to buy her share off with time...

She's a lady, use her emotions against her (ladies in d house, no vex oo)... Shower her with affection, just be as diplonatic as possible...
....while still 'diplomatically' reducing her say in the company.
Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by Wislet(f): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2012
V_Official®:
Great!!!
what i think you can do at the moment ( as i think you dunno want to go harsh) is to sit her down and discuss things over with..
Who ended the relationship, you or her

If it's you then, your price for keeping the company might be for you to be on a page with her and... if it's otherwise...
you just have to be best of friends while still trying to buy her share off with time...

She's a lady, use her emotions against her (ladies in d house, no vex oo)... Shower her with affection, just be as diplonatic as possible...
....while still 'diplomatically' reducing her say in the company.
vex wetin?
If na me sef, i for don find way to kick am off straight.
I no dey take business play ooo.
Nt to talk of de one wey i own...u come dey play with am.
Hmmmm.
Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by Wislet(f): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
@OAM, it seems u're more concerned about what she might tell people about the reason for the break up, than the progress of ur company.
Hope u're not the type that allow people and their opinions direct ur life...cos my dear, u'll never move forward that way.
Any sane person will agree with you that it is not advisable to do business with exes. They will even wonder why u kept her so long.
You can seek professional advice. A good lawyer will know how to go about it.
By the way, is it an oil company? wink Am lookin for I.T placement grin

1 Like

Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by VOfficialR(m): 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
Wislet: vex wetin?
If na me sef, i for don find way to kick am off straight.
I no dey take business play ooo.
Nt to talk of de one wey i own...u come dey play with am.
Hmmmm.
u're a lady...
most of you are very emotional, that can b used against u by someone who knows how to achieve what he wants...

Likewise how ladies are using guy's lust against him...
everything boils down to achieving your aim if you want to succeed... life is unfair... we dont have to try too hard against it

1 Like

Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by seyigiggle: 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2012
sometimes it is very important to know your prospective directors very well befoer filling them with the cac.

if i may ask, you said she holds 30% stake in the company, how? is that percentage filed with the cac? basically known as form C2 and form C7.

what is in your article of association? you have to go through the content very well cos you can not just sack a director for non performance except by vote, death, voluntary resignation and by other directors complling a step down from her position not total removal

that us why you have to be very careful when choosing directors for a company.

meanwhile looking forward to hear from you before i can advice you on what to do.
Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by Wislet(f): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2012
V_Official®:

u're a lady...
most of you are very emotional, that can b used against u by someone who knows how to achieve what he wants...

Likewise how ladies are using guy's lust against him...
everything boils down to achieving your aim if you want to succeed... life is unfair... we dont have to try too hard against it
that if am emotional grin
i've heard otherwise.
I keep my head homey tongue wink
i dnt mix business with pleasure.
So , say 'some ladies'.
Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by Wislet(f): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
seyigiggle: sometimes it is very important to know your prospective directors very well befoer filling them with the cac.

if i may ask, you said she holds 30% stake in the company, how? is that percentage filed with the cac? basically known as form C2 and form C7.

what is in your article of association? you have to go through the content very well cos you can not just sack a director for non performance except by vote, death, voluntary resignation and by other directors complling a step down from her position not total removal

that us why you have to be very careful when choosing directors for a company.

meanwhile looking forward to hear from you before i can advice you on what to do.
which is why he needs a good lawyer who will review the terms of the contract with him critically...so he doesn't take a bad step.
Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by VOfficialR(m): 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
Wislet:
So , say 'some ladies'.
Good to know how realistic that business with pleasure thingy 'might' not be...

The lady might be unproductive but might be sensible, there are many lawyers out there that she can also employ (easier with her B.power)... and i'm sure the OP will not want to wage a frontal war. better deal with this on bed tongue.
my view ooh..
Re: My EX Owns 30% Shares In My Company by kpolli(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2012
Why don't I believe this story?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cant Date A Girl That Has Been With A Guy(s) Before... / Quit Sex Or End My Relationship / Can You Date Or Marry Someone With Tribal Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.