Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (435000 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by adelegan1: 3:59pm On May 10, 2013
n
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 10:49pm On May 10, 2013
koolmd:

I have done this and patiently waiting again for the outcome of the application.

Hello vicjustice, like i said , i re-applied using the on-line platform and i got a message today in MyCIC account that i should go in person with my passport to Canada embassy on V.I within the next 1 month...i want to believe my TRV has been approved.. anyone in the house with similar experience want to share with me..

Yes oh. I got d visa yesterday. Thanx house..

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by chomiq3(f): 8:31am On May 13, 2013
@justwise my NYSC friend (guy) in Aberdeen wants to invite me to spend my annual leave and at the same time I want to attend the two days British School of Project Management seminar.
Now I have an invitation from the school with that of my friend's.

Should I write to UKAB and tell them my circumstances has changed from my last application, that I now want to go on a holiday and still attend the seminar? Secondly in this case which invitation should I present in my next application.

Pls note we did a review on the last refusal and UKBA sent me a mail that am welcomed to reapply.

Thanks for ur urgent reply and answers.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 9:02am On May 13, 2013
chomiq3
You have made a clasic mistake!
By submitting multiple requests, changing your story and doing review.
You now look like "desperate" person trying any means to gain entry.
This immediatly flags up suspicion that you will not leave when stated and become illegal.
You should probably leave applications for 1 or 2 years to let things cool down.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2013
chomiq3: @justwise my NYSC friend (guy) in Aberdeen wants to invite me to spend my annual leave and at the same time I want to attend the two days British School of Project Management seminar.
Now I have an invitation from the school with that of my friend's.

Should I write to UKAB and tell them my circumstances has changed from my last application, that I now want to go on a holiday and still attend the seminar? Secondly in this case which invitation should I present in my next application.

Pls note we did a review on the last refusal and UKBA sent me a mail that am welcomed to reapply.

Thanks for ur urgent reply and answers.

What type of visa did you apply for before that was refused?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 27, 2013
What if you won a lotto or some,i mean huge amount,pls will it b regarded as money lodgement,pls reply,i want to apply for Turkey and Malta
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by ameeno: 9:05am On May 28, 2013
@justwise please how do i get to seychelles from Nigeria
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by raised2glory: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2013
@ Justwise, pls i recently got admitted into a University in Finland.
As is the practice they are asking 1.5m be deposited into my own personal account.

To be candid, i can afford this as am not rich and no family members are willing to help as much, you know what I mean? So after talking to my travel agent, we agreed on using all this "money lodgement over the network thing". I mean a situation whereby money is transferred into my account and some transactions are also added to my account to give it some credibility.

I just wanna know the work-ability of this process. I wont mind if you can allow me to talk to you over the phone so I can present my problems from a clearer angle.

Thanks for your anticipated answers.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by raised2glory: 11:41am On Jun 02, 2013
@Juswise, I have to add that, the Finnish Immigration does not care about my previous transaction. what they wanna see is 1.5m sitting deep in your account from the submission date till when the Residence permit is granted. infact you could open an account last week and fund it, they don't care, since they have their recommended banks and don't expects applicants to operate such banks until an admission is granted.

Although they would wanna verify the source of the money which am gonna garnished with my sponsors properties details, payslip and statement of account.

Abeg I need your urgent orientation on these and many more issues u might wanna raise.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 11:46am On Jun 02, 2013
raised2glory: @ Justwise, pls i recently got admitted into a University in Finland.
As is the practice they are asking 1.5m be deposited into my own personal account.

To be candid, i can afford this as am not rich and no family members are willing to help as much, you know what I mean? So after talking to my travel agent, we agreed on using all this "money lodgement over the network thing". I mean a situation whereby money is transferred into my account and some transactions are also added to my account to give it some credibility.

I just wanna know the work-ability of this process. I wont mind if you can allow me to talk to you over the phone so I can present my problems from a clearer angle.

Thanks for your anticipated answers.

Since you are dealing with an agent already there is no need for my input. Let him do the job you are paying him for.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
raised2glory: @Justwise, abeg no see am like that.

What am needing from you is your experience with this kinda job. I so much wanted this to work but there was no other ways round it other than the lodgment thing.

Pls help me out and let me know if i should stop this process as am a bit skeptical.......

I don't really want to see myself discouraging people making a decision as important as this, but one thing you need to ask yourself though is this...if you are not financially ready to study in Finland, how are you going to cope without money if you managed to scale through visa huddle?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
raised2glory: I probably dig your point. But come to think of it; I had a friend who am better of, but on securing the admission, he rally round and enter Finland. He's doing well now. So for me, I believe its about being determined, I probably wouldnt have made it this far without being so determined to study there.

You can't use another person's situation as a benchmark only if both of you are given equal resource, people don't always tell you the whole story when they left Nigeria until you travel to meet them and have first hand experience.

As you are determined to go on, i can only wish you the very best of luck.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
raised2glory: Justwise, Have been to South Africa. My temporary residence permit just expired last year November. I paid repatriation fee and paid CTI education fee roughly 1.3m for my diploma.
All sort of cost of living were on the high side. So am not new to the life over there.... Infact thats one of the reason why am here seeking a way out. the whole thing drained me. Just telling u so u can see that am not a newbie to travel abroad. i can send you visuals if you want...

No matter how well you have traveled, if you don't have money and appropriate paper that will allow you to settle in that country without restriction then you are in for a rough ride.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by oln: 12:32am On Jun 10, 2013
Hi VicJustice and justwise:please my hubby and I intend applying for UK visa and will like to know the following:1)how many months prior to our tentative date of travelling should one apply for a UK visa.2)If hotel bookings can suffice for tour package itinery.3)Is it also compulsory we include our birth certificates since we are presenting that of the children we aren't travelling with.Thank you
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2013
oln: Hi VicJustice and justwise:please my hubby and I intend applying for UK visa and will like to know the following:1)how many months prior to our tentative date of travelling should one apply for a UK visa.2)If hotel bookings can suffice for tour package itinery.3)Is it also compulsory we include our birth certificates since we are presenting that of the children we aren't travelling with.Thank you

1. Apply at least 2months in advance.

2.Hotel booking is ok, nothing wrong with that.

3.There is no need including your birth certificate, marriage certificate is more important in this case
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by oln: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2013
Please,how long does it take for UK family/tourist visa to be processed immediately after submission?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Technocracy: 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
pls i need ur honest advice,i have an american gf we met online after sometime we decided to get married as im talking to u now in few days time we are meeting in barbados for a 2wks vacation after which when i come back she will invite me over for us to get married honestly i just grad and dont have a job,do i really have the chances of been granted a visa without a bank statement cause i intend making it clear to the vo that i dont intend return anytime soon,or is it better to apply thru barbados because i can stay for up to 3months to pursue my visa process,i believe their policies i mean the us embassy wont be as strict as compared to nigerias
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
Technocracy
You are going to have a very difficult time convincing any
VO that this is not just a marrage of conveniance just for visa.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Technocracy: 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
worry 359: Technocracy
You are going to have a very difficult time convincing any
VO that this is not just a marrage of conveniance just for visa.
go thru the k-1 visa for fiance and see specific provisions
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
Technocracy: pls i need ur honest advice,i have an american gf we met online after sometime we decided to get married as im talking to u now in few days time we are meeting in barbados for a 2wks vacation after which when i come back she will invite me over for us to get married honestly i just grad and dont have a job,do i really have the chances of been granted a visa without a bank statement cause i intend making it clear to the vo that i dont intend return anytime soon,or is it better to apply thru barbados because i can stay for up to 3months to pursue my visa process,i believe their policies i mean the us embassy wont be as strict as compared to nigerias
Applying tor a visa without finance?
You'd need a kind of miracle that can turn a stone into a loaf of bread
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Technocracy: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2013
Vicjustice:
Applying tor a visa sight finance?
You'd need a kind of miracle that can turn a stone into a loaf of bread
Im having this confidence based on the findings i made from the us k-1 alien fiance visa requirements,maybe u should look at it.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Technocracy: Im having this confidence based on the findings i made from the us k-1 alien fiance visa requirements,maybe u should look at it.
Is it not funny that despite your "confidence" you still came to seek advice?
My friend, even if you're a citizen of heaven, you still would need to present a reasonable bank statement as long as you're applying for a special category visa, it is a different thing if you're travelling as a visitor or as a tourist, you wouldn't need a visa in this regard: yet, immigration officers reserve the rights to deny you entry clearance if they know that you're a financially broke traveller.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Technocracy: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
u seem to have an attitude problem we are in a free world if u will answer a person with a systematic insult leave it dont respond ok.

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by missZ1: 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise/ds guy I intend to apply for US visa as regards a wedding with invitation , I have a job in one of the blue chip company, but my challenge are 1. I've not travelled out before. 2. I've had a lot of activity on my salary account. Please advise if this will count against me .......add any advise you think I go need
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:47am On Jun 14, 2013
Technocracy: u seem to have an attitude problem we are in a free world if u will answer a person with a systematic insult leave it dont respond ok.
Nonsense. If you really do believe that we're in a free world, why couldn't you tolerate my freedom to express my views?

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:58am On Jun 14, 2013
miss Z: justwise/ds guy I intend to apply for US visa as regards a wedding with invitation , I have a job in one of the blue chip company, but my challenge are 1. I've not travelled out before. 2. I've had a lot of activity on my salary account. Please advise if this will count against me .......add any advise you think I go need
There is always a first time for everything including travel: being a first time traveller does not harm the chances of those who fulfil the requirements.
Activities on an account is normally good, but what kind of activities do you mean?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by d2ddayo(m): 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
hi people, please i will like to ask these questions up in here maybe somone could help me out. i applied to a french language school in France to go study their language for a year. i got the admission and at the same time, i have a travel history in which france is one of the visas ve had in the past including ireland, germany, italy, in several times. now i intend to apply for this student visa for a year to study the language there. my questions re as follows: my stepfather is the one paying for the whole program, for the period of that one year. is it okay i using his bank statement with the fact that i am 29years of age? he has been the one sponsoring all my trips from my first time in 2006. and also, what are the necessary documents needed and if there is anyone who has or did study french language in france. thank you
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by missZ1: 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
Thank you VicJustice for you kind response, by activities I mean a lot of deposites and withdrawals, I've done a turnover of about N5M in the last 3 months including my fixed deposits(Liquidation and reinvestment). Nothing illegal sha, just wanted to know given that it is my salary acccount.tx

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.