Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434931 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by bishop225(m): 11:13am On Jun 21, 2012
@Vicjustice:
Thank you for the exposition on this subject ,Truly your article is enlighten,I work for a federal parastatal and have been selected by a partner organisation to attend a two week training in the US,do I need the bank statement of my employer or just an introduction letter will do ?(Inclusive with the letter of invite).thanks and anticipate your response.thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:31am On Jun 21, 2012
bishop225:
@Vicjustice:
Thank you for the exposition on this subject ,Truly your article is enlighten,I work for a federal parastatal and have been selected by a partner organisation to attend a two week training in the US,do I need the bank statement of my employer or just an introduction letter will do ?(Inclusive with the letter of invite).thanks and anticipate your response.thanks
It is a requirement to provide a bank statement to apply for any visa category.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by henrychubayo: 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vicjustice: It is a requirement to provide a bank statement to apply for any visa category.
So in this instance, he may want to know whether to provide the company bank statement which is essential and in fact a requirement, along with his personal statement of account or only company statement?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by bishop225(m): 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
henrychubayo:
So in this instance, he may want to know whether to provide the company bank statement which is essential and in fact a requirement, along with his personal statement of account or only company statement?
@Vicjustice
@henrychubayo
Thanks for your prompt response,as
henrychubayo rightly mentioned will I
provide my personal statement of account
along with company statement of account
or only company statement?thanks for your counsel
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
bishop225:
@Vicjustice
@henrychubayo
Thanks for your prompt response,as
henrychubayo rightly mentioned will I
provide my personal statement of account
along with company statement of account
or only company statement?thanks for your counsel
You will not be required to provide your personal bank statement if the purpose of your intended travel is official, so your company's account would do the bank statement and your job will be your Home Tie or Obligation: but you must satisfy the visa officer that the money is available for your use
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by henrychubayo: 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vicjustice:
You will not be required to provide your personal bank statement if the purpose of your intended travel is official, so your company's account would do the bank statement and your job will be your Home Tie or Obligation: but you must satisfy the visa officer that the money is available for your use
I just want to add that its necessary and he must go with a letter from the company sponsorship letter of support containing the signature of DG. Also he might go with his personal statement just in case cause embassies in 9ja always acts crazy but its not mandatory.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vicjustice:
Marrying a swizz or an EU citizen does not obliterate his police record, know that the EU laws that allow for the freedom of movement of EU citizens also carry some clauses under its Terms and Conditions, and one of the regulations is that Immigration/Police officers have the full rights to stop any EU citizen with a criminal conviction or that poses a threat of any sort. Now, if an EU citizen with a criminal conviction is not entitled to the rights to enjoy the freedom of movement, how would a Nigerian with a conviction enjoy such rights?
He needs a visa to enter the UK, and the UK embassy will not issue its visa to a person with a conviction, and if however he manages to arrive at whichever port of entry, his finger-prints will give him away

Hi , i totally agree with you, but funny enough he picked up his passport today at 1:35pm and was issued a 6 months multiple entry. Another guy who applied was denied because he held back some information and lied on his application.I believe what saved him was that he disclosed the information about his arrest in the Uk. Thanks alot for responding.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vicjustice: Every legitimate married person has the rights to invite his/her spouse for re-union as long as s/he has the legal rights of abode in any given country, but the eligibility is another thing, there are conditions to be met such as job and financial circumstances, accommodation details and social stance etc of the sponsoring spouse.

Let me expand on this a little bit. I am not sayin that your info is wrong but it needs to be expanded on. This is strictly for the USA.

Petitioning for a foreign spouse is a priviledge and not a right. This is key, many have been frustrated thinking that it is a right. There are many US citizens that have been dealing with the process for 5 to 10 years and some have given up and instead moved to the foreign spouses country.

Only United States citizens (not legal permanent residents/green card holders) can petition for a foreign spouse. A big disctiction.

The petitioner must not have been found guilty of certain specific criminals acts such as drug offenses, domestic violence, etc

Additionally, the petitioner is only entitled to a number of previous petitions, waivers may be sought in those cases where the petitioner is in the habit of petitioning for foreign spouses.

Next, the petitioner DOES NOT need to be employed, the petitioner can use sponsors. Either the petitioner or the sponsor must meet current USA poverty guidelines, this is very generous by the way. Additionally, the petitioner can also use assets/savings to qualify financially. So a millionaire can petition without having work records, etc

Regarding the bans mentioned on another post, yes, the USA has lifetime bans. It is an unlucky person that will have fingerprint records with the US Embassy and then also get a lifetime ban.

I wish you all the best on your immigration journey.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Colbin: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2012
Hello Nlander,
I have a case at hand, and really need truthful tips on how to handle it. I have an intention of applying for uk spouse visa this august 2012. I and my spouse have been in a distance relationship for 5years b4 getting married this april 2012, with substantial proof to show our communication for throughout this years. Her annual income is £14,510 which is lower than £18600 stated by the new uk immigration law set to take hold by july 9th. I am a veterinary surgeon, and i have good job prospect in the uk, and currently i am self employed right here in nigeria, doing locum consultancy and have a small farm which i run, but wasn't registered under any business name. My bank account have been showing lump sums which are also been expended and sometimes small amounts are paid there by my clients. All other requirements for the spouse visa have been met by me and my spouse. But our major concern now is abt the new immigration law of minimum income threshold of £18600, which my spouse doesn't meet up to(£14510) and my own employment and bank account status. Please i really need a truthful advice on what i can do. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
Colbin: Hello Nlander,
I have a case at hand, and really need truthful tips on how to handle it. I have an intention of applying for uk spouse visa this august 2012. I and my spouse have been in a distance relationship for 5years b4 getting married this april 2012, with substantial proof to show our communication for throughout this years. Her annual income is £14,510 which is lower than £18600 stated by the new uk immigration law set to take hold by july 9th.
How about hurrying up your application to make the submission before the new immigration law takes effect since your application would be considered under this current regulation even if it may take lengthy period before decission?
I would suggest that you act fast to submit your application, and in the event that you get refused, you can appeal it and your appeal will also be treated under this current regulation even in the era of the new law.

Colbin: I am a veterinary surgeon, and i have good job prospect in the uk, and currently i am self employed right here in nigeria, doing locum consultancy and have a small farm which i run, but wasn't registered under any business name.
If you have a No-Name or unregistered business, be aware that you can't mention such for visa application, it will be deemed illegal (if not criminal) in European point of view. You have the options of either registering your business (no matter how small it is) so that you may have supporting documents for your visa application or you declare that you are unemployed and that would put your struggling wife in the sponsorship position.

Colbin: My bank account have been showing lump sums which are also been expended and sometimes small amounts are paid there by my clients.
Trust me, since you have a No-Name or registered business which is generating these monies, it would be seen as corruption and you may be considered a corrupt Nigerian criminal from European perspectives

Colbin: All other requirements for the spouse visa have been met by me and my spouse. But our major concern now is abt the new immigration law of minimum income threshold of £18600, which my spouse doesn't meet up to(£14510) and my own employment and bank account status. Please i really need a truthful advice on what i can do. Thanks in anticipation
Regarding the new immigration law proposal, i think it would be wise to make haste with your application before the law takes effect so that your application will be bounded by the current regulation even if it gets into a lenthy period of decisions and appeals, and reviews.
As for your own employment and bank account status, you have the options to take one of the two things that i suggested:
Either you register your business (no matter how small it is) so that you may have supporting documents for your visa application or, you declare that you are unemployed; and that would put your struggling wife in the sponsor position. Which are you going to take?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by ChitownBase: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
the problem is DESPERATION!!! PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by t9t9: 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2012
beejaybida: Hi, VicJustice. Quick clarification needed on this "Money Lodgement" issue.i asked you earlier in the enquiries group but the shorthand language you deemed confusing. sorry abt that. My annuals (as stated/broken down in employer letter of intro) is 6 Million made up of salary (180k monthly) and various allowances. On a particular month, we received an allowance into my salary current account which i put into fixed deposit with the same bank so as not to overspend. I ask you, if i liquidate the fixed deposit 2 months to application and the bank credits back into my salary current account (where the funds were taken from initially) with the proceeds, would it still be "Money Lodgement"? kindly note that 1. the trasaction is directly traceable to the account, 2. all my salary and other allowances go thru the account, so there is history of income and expenditure over a long time, 3. i shall attach with application all the fixed deposit certificates given for the period as well as a detailed explanation refering to the bank statement on when the funds were debited by the bank and were credited back too. 4. The funds is good enough to sustain us for the trip as well as have something left for after the trip. Thank you.

I am of the opinion that you don't have to liquidate your fixed deposit to build your current account. I feel it makes sense to add an investment letter from the bank as evidence of the fixed deposit. @ Vicjustice, please confirm if this makes sense for USA visa as this is what i intend to do.

Awaiting your quick response.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justmenoni: 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2012
@Vicjustice i sent you a private message,did you rcv it?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2012
t9t9:

I am of the opinion that you don't have to liquidate your fixed deposit to build your current account. I feel it makes sense to add an investment letter from the bank as evidence of the fixed deposit. @ Vicjustice, please confirm if this makes sense for USA visa as this is what i intend to do.

Awaiting your quick response.
It does make sense; and i think i did some explanation regarding the post that you quoted.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2012
justmenoni: @Vicjustice i sent you a private message,did you rcv it?
You sent me a private message? Where?
Well, i received nothing. But why not drop your query here so that people may contribute and others in your kind circumstance may learn too?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Adisaogo01(m): 4:25am On Jun 24, 2012
I have a similar problem about account inflation.I was given an appeal basd on d fact that my account wwas aryificially inflated do I go about the appeal pls.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justmenoni: 6:15am On Jun 24, 2012
@Vicjustice i dropped it here on nairaland,We were having an argument here together with my friends about doing a masters degree in Germany and i was of the opinion that the approx 8,000 euro will cover the applicant alongside his wife and child if they all apply together and my fiend said No that one needs to fixed the 8000 euro for each applicants,we searched on google to no avail and their embassy are closed over the weekends,please en-light more on this if you have an idea...Thx a bunch and sorry about the other time grin grin grin grin
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2012
Adisaogo01: I have a similar problem about account inflation.I was given an appeal based on d fact that my account was artificially inflated do I go about the appeal pls.
.Many people consider appeal as a means to beg the embassy to temper justice with mercy, but it is not so: Appeal is a privilege means to challenge a decision which is considered injustice especially when the appellant rights are violated. Now you are talking of appeal, but on what ground, that the decision to refuse you the visa was wrong?

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justmenoni: 8:35am On Jun 24, 2012
@Vicjustice i just posted the question,can you respond to it?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2012
justmenoni: @Vicjustice i dropped it here on nairaland,We were having an argument here together with my friends about doing a masters degree in Germany and i was of the opinion that the approx 8,000 euro will cover the applicant alongside his wife and child if they all apply together and my fiend said No that one needs to fixed the 8000 euro for each applicants,we searched on google to no avail and their embassy are closed over the weekends,please en-light more on this if you have an idea...Thx a bunch and sorry about the other time grin grin grin grin
I didn't get the message. Well, it would be unreasonable for me to access the sufficiency of the E8000 since I neither have idea of the tenure or period of study nor do I know the arrangements in place for the accompanying members, but if they are all travelling and relying on the 8k, then I'm afraid it won't be enough to sustain them all: half of the money will go for transportation alone
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justmenoni: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for the message and no they are not relying on the 8000 euros,but you know the embassy wants approximately 8000 euros in a fixed account in Germany,so what am asking is if the 8000 euro fixed in the account in Germany is adequate to secure the visa for the applicants as well as accompanying members.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2012
justmenoni: Thanks for the message and no they are not relying on the 8000 euros,but you know the embassy wants approximately 8000 euros in a fixed account in Germany,so what am asking is if the 8000 euro fixed in the account in Germany is adequate to secure the visa for the applicants as well as accompanying members.
That, I wouldn't know
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justmenoni: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2012
Ok.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Adisaogo01(m): 10:45am On Jun 24, 2012
My uncle invited me to uk for the forthcomin olympics with all my onward and returned journey to be covered by him.I included all d document from him to the embassy.d excuse now is dt I artificially inflated my own account here in nigeria with d sum of 52000naira within 4days.nd due to this inflation he is refusing me becos I might not kom bak.cos I'm not trustworthy
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 25, 2012
Hi. Please I applied for visiting visa a month ago but was rejected based on and I quote <b>"you have stated in your visa application that your sponsor who is your father will finance you. However, you have failed to provide satisfactory evidence of your sponsor's income. I have therefore been unable to assess the impact the sponsorship would have on your sponsor's financial circumstances and whether such a sponsor is viable and credible. I am not satisfied that the evidence submitted confirms the ability of your sponsor to finance you as you claimed. Therefore on the balllance of probabilities, I'm not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds..."</b>
My father had 4 million in his account and I said in my form the money I would need for 12 days of my visit was N750 000. I want to know what the problem was & if & when I can re-apply.
Thank you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:47am On Jun 25, 2012
dommfa: Hi. Please I applied for visiting visa a month ago but was rejected based on and I quote <b>"you have stated in your visa application that your sponsor who is your father will finance you. However, you have failed to provide satisfactory evidence of your sponsor's income. I have therefore been unable to assess the impact the sponsorship would have on your sponsor's financial circumstances and whether such a sponsor is viable and credible. I am not satisfied that the evidence submitted confirms the ability of your sponsor to finance you as you claimed. Therefore on the balllance of probabilities, I'm not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds..."</b>
My father had 4 million in his account and I said in my form the money I would need for 12 days of my visit was N750 000. I want to know what the problem was & if & when I can re-apply.
Thank you.
Well, i see the problem is well explained in the letter, please refer to the original post for more help pertaining future application
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by nwabobo: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2012
dommfa: Hi. Please I applied for visiting visa a month ago but was rejected based on and I quote <b>"you have stated in your visa application that your sponsor who is your father will finance you. However, you have failed to provide satisfactory evidence of your sponsor's income. I have therefore been unable to assess the impact the sponsorship would have on your sponsor's financial circumstances and whether such a sponsor is viable and credible. I am not satisfied that the evidence submitted confirms the ability of your sponsor to finance you as you claimed. Therefore on the balllance of probabilities, I'm not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds..."</b>
Thank you.

The problem lies in providing satisfactory evidence of your father's income and not that the balance is insufficient. The ECO expects to see evidence of the source of income and this must match entries on the account statement.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by osarodon(m): 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2012
Thank you all for your contribution;
Below is my situation:
1992: Someone file for US immigrant visa application which was not concluded and then I was less than 15yrs old then.
2000: I applied for US visiting visa but got denied and I was still in the University then.
2006: I applied for South African visa and was granted, this I used for a training.
2010(Nov): I applied for US visiting visa but got denied and I used an Aunty's invite(I am now married since 2007 with 2 kids).
2011(Mar): I applied for UK visa and was granted,I stated the US visa denial in my application(first time application and it was processed/approved within 4 working days)
2012(Mar): I applied for Germany Schengen Visa and was granted.

I will like to apply for a US visa by end of this year using conference and hotel reservation
Based on the above what do you think about the outcome.
Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:07am On Jun 26, 2012
osarodon: Thank you all for your contribution;
Below is my situation:
1992: Someone file for US immigrant visa application which was not concluded and then I was less than 15yrs old then.
2000: I applied for US visiting visa but got denied and I was still in the University then.
2006: I applied for South African visa and was granted, this I used for a training.
2010(Nov): I applied for US visiting visa but got denied and I used an Aunty's invite(I am now married since 2007 with 2 kids).
2011(Mar): I applied for UK visa and was granted,I stated the US visa denial in my application(first time application and it was processed/approved within 4 working days)
2012(Mar): I applied for Germany Schengen Visa and was granted.

I will like to apply for a US visa by end of this year using conference and hotel reservation
Based on the above what do you think about the outcome.
Thanks
Haba, Osarodion! No one is a prophet here. But seriously, would anyone's opinion have any effect in your plan to apply for the visa?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by osarodon(m): 12:14am On Jun 27, 2012
Vicjustice: Haba, Osarodion! No one is a prophet here. But seriously, would anyone's opinion have any effect in your plan to apply for the visa?

Bro,

How are you doing and I was only trying to check if anyone have passed through same circumstances.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Henrychris(m): 6:56am On Jun 29, 2012
@ Vicjustice thanks for the info I appreciate but my question is dis can I use a dorm acct for visa application

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.