Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434622 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by nwabobo: 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
Company accounts can be used to sponsor a vacation to the UK. My immediate elder brother has always used his Company accounts to get visas for himself as well as his famIly. What he does is to draft a Board resolution to sponsor a proposed trip of the MD and his family to the UK for the said period and then gets those listed as Board members on the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to approve the said proposal and they have never been refused entry clearance. He gets letters from the various banks confirming him to be the sole signatory to the accounts and he has never included tax clearance certificate.

6 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
ogugua1: Vicjustice, wats good. I have this quick question. There is a guy i know, he was issued a UK visa about 2005. He got to the Uk planning to board a plane with an altered British passport to canada. He was arrested and sentenced to 6months to prison. Now the thing is this, after his prison term, he was released and was not deported back to Naija but he says that he met fellow naija folks who were in prison for the same crime but after their term they were deported back to niger and he was allowed to stay. He left the Uk on his own free will back to Naija, now he is in Switzerland, married to a swiss and they plan visiting the UK for the holiday. I need ur opinion do you think he stands a chance cos he was not recommended for deportation and since he is married to an EU national does that help. Holla back, awaiting your response and other members too. Thanks

Marrying a swizz or an EU citizen does not obliterate his police record, know that the EU laws that allow for the freedom of movement of EU citizens also carry some clauses under its Terms and Conditions, and one of the regulations is that Immigration/Police officers have the full rights to stop any EU citizen with a criminal conviction or that poses a threat of any sort. Now, if an EU citizen with a criminal conviction is not entitled to the rights to enjoy the freedom of movement, how would a Nigerian with a conviction enjoy such rights?
He needs a visa to enter the UK, and the UK embassy will not issue its visa to a person with a conviction, and if however he manages to arrive at whichever port of entry, his finger-prints will give him away

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by badboy: 11:30pm On Jun 18, 2012
@ Op,
Pls kindly analyze my case. I was refused Visa way back mid 2007, while working with Diamond Bank. Then, there was this system in place where you could pay fees at GtBank, send all relevant docs and reccomendation from HR and wait for result; plus you could re-apply immediately if refused.

I was refused on the grounds that I did not send originals of my docs & that they did not understand why I was going to spend so much, 1/4 of my yearly pay on a 2 weeks holiday, infact the response was like they felt I wanted to bail.

I re-applied immediately sending originals of all my docs, ID card inclusive and an explanation on why I was spending the amount they thought was so much(less than 5000 pounds). Lo and behold I was refused the second time with the same previous reasons given -exactly,no change,as if if they did copy & paste. The situation looked messy to me. Here they were asking me for originals of docs, all of which were sent to them and returned to me, ID card inclusive. Another interesting dimension to the episode was that when my docs were returned,I found among them additional documents and ID card belonging to someone else in my package. I expected the embassy to contact me but they didnt...I wonder what they told the owner of the items.....

I have not applied again since then.Do you think It's ok if I re-apply at this time,assuming I have all relevant requirements covered?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:33pm On Jun 18, 2012
tiarabubu: @vicjustice

This thread couldn't have come at a better time. THANKS!

My situation is this: I have a salary account in bank A. Because of the banking instability and cos changing salary account is not straight forward in my organisation, I maintain a savings in another bank - B. Because bank A doesn't do Internet banking, and I have to physically transfer a chunk of my salary from Bank A to my savings in B almost every month for the past one year.

I have saved up over a million over to enable me visit family in the UK.

My question is will submitting bank balance of B satisfy the requirements since it doesn't show the deposits came from my salary. Do I need to still show the always empty bank A balance? Do I need to write an explanation?

THANKS A MIL!
Your question is similar to that of Opoki, please, refer to my responce in page one
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:58pm On Jun 18, 2012
badboy: @ Op,
Pls kindly analyze my case. I was refused Visa way back mid 2007, while working with Diamond Bank. Then, there was this system in place where you could pay fees at GtBank, send all relevant docs and reccomendation from HR and wait for result; plus you could re-apply immediately if refused.

I was refused on the grounds that I did not send originals of my docs & that they did not understand why I was going to spend so much, 1/4 of my yearly pay on a 2 weeks holiday, infact the response was like they felt I wanted to bail.

I re-applied immediately sending originals of all my docs, ID card inclusive and an explanation on why I was spending the amount they thought was so much(less than 5000 pounds). Lo and behold I was refused the second time with the same previous reasons given -exactly,no change,as if if they did copy & paste. The situation looked messy to me. Here they were asking me for originals of docs, all of which were sent to them and returned to me, ID card inclusive. Another interesting dimension to the episode was that when my docs were returned,I found among them additional documents and ID card belonging to someone else in my package. I expected the embassy to contact me but they didnt...I wonder what they told the owner of the items.....

I have not applied again since then.Do you think It's ok if I re-apply at this time,assuming I have all relevant requirements covered?
No one can get a visa with photocopy of any documents, therefore, your first refusal was inevitable.
As for the second refusal, the issue i see here is your Home TIE or Obligation, the visa officer was not satisfied that you have compelling reasons to return to Nigeria for.
Now, i don't think there is anything wrong with you spending one fourth of your yearly income on a holiday of a life time unless of course you don't really have the year worth salary savings in your account

3 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Oyedey4u(m): 1:23am On Jun 19, 2012
for a regular traveller that told us about US visa, he adviced that constant refusal may be due to the fact that it's your first time of travelling out. He advised that one travel to other countries like south africa, any small country in europe. With the two countries stamp on your passport, you are sure that your UK and US visa will not be denied with valid documents.

6 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 19, 2012
Makes sense
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by otondo55: 7:28am On Jun 19, 2012
...traveling to canada page is here on nairaland...join and u'll see it is very educative

Link please !
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 7:34am On Jun 19, 2012
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 7:37am On Jun 19, 2012
badboy: @ Op,

Has your condition changed since your last refusal? Better salary, improved financially, Married, own property,business?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by life4rent: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2012
I have a friend having his Student VISA interview at US Embassy next month. What re the document to be carry along for presentation and what re the likely questions the VO could ask him? Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 8:18am On Jun 19, 2012
life4rent: I have a friend having his Student VISA interview at US Embassy next month. What re the document to be carry along for presentation and what re the likely questions the VO could ask him? Thanks

People here will help you with those questions>>>>> https://www.nairaland.com/823866/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part2
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by boxbonnie(m): 8:24am On Jun 19, 2012
@all..¶ want to apply for a study visa to canada (undergraduate) intend using a company statement of acct owned by my dad.. Its a current acct with resonable amount of money inside/gud flow of cash...
My dad is d ceo of d company and sole signatory..
My question is:how do ¶ prove dat the funds in d acct will be available for my study?
Do ¶ stand ¶ chance of gettin visa with dat? Pls reply ASAP
Thanks alot
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 8:45am On Jun 19, 2012
boxbonnie: @all..¶ want to apply for a study visa to canada (undergraduate) intend using a company statement of acct owned by my dad.. Its a current acct with resonable amount of money inside/gud flow of cash...
My question is:how do ¶ prove dat the funds in d acct will be available for my study?
Thanks alot

https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part3
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by boxbonnie(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2012
Justwise"moderator" ¶ know... Just still help ♏e hea.. My question is also relevant to this thread
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by olaremy2k: 9:09am On Jun 19, 2012
boxbonnie: Justwise"moderator" ¶ know... Just still help ♏e hea.. My question is also relevant to this thread
.....dont get justwisw wrong..better advice about canada study permit is available only on the link he gave u..i already saw ur post on traveling to canada..why dont u wait for response.cheers
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2012
olaremy2k: .....dont get justwisw wrong..better advice about canada study permit is available only on the link he gave u..i already saw ur post on traveling to canada..why dont u wait for response.cheers

Don't mind that op, some people are just ungrateful.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by boxbonnie(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2012
justwise:

Don't mind that op, some people are just ungrateful.
shocked @justwise ♏e! Ungrateful?? U are lucky ¶ can't get hold of u...
@olaremy2k..thanks. but ¶ actually wanted VICJUSTICE's opinion as regards his initial post on statements of acct.. All the same tanx
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by bloomin: 11:09am On Jun 19, 2012
[quote author=Vicjustice]No one can get a visa with photocopy of any documents, therefore, your first refusal was inevitable.
As for the second refusal, the issue i see here is your Home TIE or Obligation, the visa officer was not satisfied that you have compelling reasons to return to Nigeria for.
Now, i don't think there is anything wrong with you spending one forth of your yearly income on a holiday of a life time unless of course you don't really have the year worth salary savings in your account
[/quote
can i have your phone number, here's my email add. ogepray@yahoo.com. We are about to apply for vacation visa, my hubby and i and 4 kids. We need to consult you. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Ezeufi: 11:11am On Jun 19, 2012
Visa refusal? to where? Do africans still need to apply for visas to travel the world
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:23am On Jun 19, 2012
boxbonnie: @all..¶ want to apply for a study visa to canada (undergraduate) intend using a company statement of acct owned by my dad.. Its a current acct with resonable amount of money inside/gud flow of cash...
This concern is covered in the original post of this thread

boxbonnie: My question is:how do ¶ prove dat the funds in d acct will be available for my study?
Thanks alot
Had i known the transactions and conditions in the account statement, i would have been in a good position to suggest the right way to prove the availability of fund. But since your dad owns the company, he is the right person to help you with this query
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2012
bloomin: can i have your phone number, here's my email add. ogepray@yahoo.com. We are about to apply for vacation visa, my hubby and i and 4 kids. We need to consult you. Tnx
I have taken your family status into consideration and i will be willing to contact you by email. Cheers
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2012
Vicjustice, I would like u to reply boxbonnie's questions cos am in the same shoes with him, my dad Is also the chairman of his company but me and my mom has 25% shares each of the company's share capital..........wanna Knw if dis isn't gonna cost me any refusal cos I applied already.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2012
shavel: Vicjustice, I would like u to reply boxbonnie's questions cos am in the same shoes with him, my dad Is also the chairman of his company but me and my mom has 25% shares each of the company's share capital..........wanna Knw if dis isn't gonna cost me any refusal cos I applied already.
You have already made the application so, I wish you success; it is not for me to raise hope or cause anxiety or stress

6 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by olaremy2k: 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
shavel: Vicjustice, I would like u to reply boxbonnie's questions cos am in the same shoes with him, my dad Is also the chairman of his company but me and my mom has 25% shares each of the company's share capital..........wanna Knw if dis isn't gonna cost me any refusal cos I applied already.
...dont be panic,success awaits u soon
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by meggy11: 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
very interesting and educative hread. i will like more experiences though. thanks guys!!!!
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by boxbonnie(m): 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
Vicjustice: You had already made the application so, I wish you success; it is not for me to raise hope or cause anxiety or stress

¶ have not applied...pls advice ♏e..is stating in the "letter of sponsorship" that the funds for my studies would be from the comapnys acct,or what? How do ¶ prove to dem dat d funds in d company acct will be available for my studies?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
boxbonnie:

¶ have not applied...pls advice ♏e..is stating in the "letter of sponsorship" that the funds for my studies would be from the comapnys acct,or what? How do ¶ prove to dem dat d funds in d company acct will be available for my studies?
I do not encourage anyone to use a company's account for visa application if the purpose of the intended trip has nothing to do with the company, I've seen lots of refusal resulting from this. Yours might be lucky, though

3 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by boxbonnie(m): 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
Vicjustice: I do not encourage anyone to use a company's account for visa application if the purpose of the intended trip has nothing to do with the company, I've seen lots of refusal resulting from this. Yours might be lucky, though

Gracias! Would see if my dad can add his savings acct
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Okukk(m): 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2012
I think this piece came so timely, it's really educating.

Please guide me on this. I work with one of the financial institutions in t
he country and an author, I'm being invited to south africa by a friend, for a week long programm. I have decided to spend my 3wks vacation there. How do I go about the visa application? Will my bank statement be necessary here and other advice you could suggest? Thank you dear!
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by henrychubayo: 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2012
boxbonnie:

Gracias! Would see if my dad can add his savings acct
If you had applied already its needless to submit it but if you have not, you can include it. Its very vital
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:26pm On Jun 19, 2012
Okukk: I think this piece came so timely, it's really educating.

Please guide me on this. I work with one of the financial institutions in t
he country and an author, I'm being invited to south africa by a friend, for a week long programm. I have decided to spend my 3wks vacation there. How do I go about the visa application? Will my bank statement be necessary here and other advice you could suggest? Thank you dear!
You can use www.google.com to locate the website of the RSA and you will find every information there.
But I'm surprised you ask if you bank statement is "necessary here"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.