Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals (15523 Views)

7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals / Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? / Public Or Private Marriage Proposals: Which Do Ladies Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by BlackBaron: 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2012
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
Yeah, i have turned down marriage proposal. This is actually the recent one that cut me off guys . We actually dated, he told me he wanted a serious relationship that would lead to marriage, i thought he was kidding. I didnt have that plan at all, besides am still in school and my sexuality is in question. His family members knows me, although my family knows him, but i didnt introduce him to them as my boyfriend. He proposed, i was so scared, it was has though my very breath was taking away from me, i have never felt so tensed in my life. Because it was a social occassion we were at, his friends and families were there, i accepted. When we were alone, i told him i couldnt do it, i wasnt prepared to be someone's wife, besides i have school. I have never seen him so angry, i thought he was going to beat the living day light out of me. Unknown to me, my mom knows of my relationship with him, he told her what i did. My mom adviced me, that good guys like him are hard to come by and so on. All his familiy members and friends talked with me, but i am not just ready, and worst still, i dont think i love him enough to spend the rest of my life with him.
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by lipstick1(f): 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
the guy has mouth odour,after the second visit to his house,i stopped seeing him for 6 years,but we still talk on fone,each time he pops the marriage questions,i give him excuses.Na so,until this morning,i found the boldness to tell him why i have been dodging his question.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2012
Rocktation: Hmmn.....i dunno about that. But some actually work out though.

yeah, you're pretty cute. No surprises there.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Rocktation(f): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2012
davidylan:

yeah, you're pretty cute. No surprises there.

Thanks. Happy burthday...yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by MrHim(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2012
Proposed late 2010, was at night at a club was more than high, realised i made a big mistake in the morning with her continous yapping about the wedding plans so, i simply UNpropose! Yippe!! ;
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by buchibabe: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
I'm actually turning down someones marriage proposal to me now. Not because he really did anytin bad. Dis guy is d most handsome,clean,guy I have ever dated and dat has ever com close to me. Bt marriage goes beyond all dat physical attributes. There's somtin about him dats not too straightforward,I dnt know y bt my spirit doesn't trust he's tellin me d whole truth about himself.
Though he keeps callin me,even went dat far to introduce me to his family,bt I had to witdraw wen I started feelin dis way.
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by ndividual: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2012
buchibabe: I'm actually turning down someones marriage proposal to me now. Not because he really did anytin bad. Dis guy is d most handsome,clean,guy I have ever dated and dat has ever com close to me. Bt marriage goes beyond all dat physical attributes. There's somtin about him dats not too straightforward,I dnt know y bt my spirit doesn't trust he's tellin me d whole truth about himself.
Though he keeps callin me,even went dat far to introduce me to his family,bt I had to witdraw wen I started feelin dis way.

If its trust issues, don't you feel you need to discuss it with him? If after that you still feel that way, no problem. Cause the way many women on this forum complain about guys days the good ones seem like a myth.
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by kaeto(m): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
Rocktation: Another one;
I had gone bridal shopping with a friend, and this other dude's sister works at the shop. She got our numbers like a normal rep would, before she started asking about some personal stuff.

Like the good girl that I am, I responded well, with the feeling that she's customer-seller bonding. But I was confused a bit, because I wasn't the actual client. She asked about my faith, state of origin, and a few other stuff like that. At a point, I began to feel like she's a lesbian even. Only for me to start receiving calls from a certain man, from the next day, that claimed he was too shy to woo a woman on his own.

Well, along the line, he insisted that I gave him my parents' address that he did not have time for courtship and all. But It just seemed too odd and so I told him off, before he begins to get used to the idea. His sister actually still calls till date....hoping that I'll change my mind someday...weird.

I've a few other escapades, but lemme stop here abeg.
ofcourse i percieve you are graced with beauty internal n outward,i know u'll loose the last battle to my ghetto winning as5,lol. Its divine they lost so i'd win. *bloats*pants*nods in approval*
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Pakavy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2012
mollytinrox: @op, yes, I did turn down a marriage proposal at my graduation dinner from my fiance because it wasn't just right then! He wouldn't let me work, wouldn't let me visit my hometown and we had serious trust issues. And he did the famous one-knee-on-the-floor thingy while I was so embarrassed I just stood up and walked out. It took 6months to convince my mum after the refusal that I'm not an ogbanje!
ur mum is ryt u only confused ha.how many kids do u hav on d oda side na?
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by chippyripp: 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2012
buchibabe: I'm actually turning down someones marriage proposal to me now. Not because he really did anytin bad. Dis guy is d most handsome,clean,guy I have ever dated and dat has ever com close to me. Bt marriage goes beyond all dat physical attributes. There's somtin about him dats not too straightforward,I dnt know y bt my spirit doesn't trust he's tellin me d whole truth about himself.

Its complex that's wrong wift you.u feel cos this guys it too cute he deserves a better gal dan you. Be rational in ur decisions and leave instint and face fact.u can also go for counselling to see if ur spirit Ȋ̊§ being manipulated by haters
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Mynd44: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
parryon: I was 16 and in ss3 when this Alaba-money-missed-road all of a sudden started showing intertest in...telling me he must marry me,I was scared witless. Then one Sunday evening I was in the sitting room with my parents and siblings watching TV when there was a knock at the front door,on asking the knocker to come in...behold an entourage of about 7 walked in,the dude inclusive with crates of drinks and bottles of wines.
Thank God I and my mom said the noooooooooooooooooo!!!!! In unison. The guy moved out from the street the next month.
Nice
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by kaeto(m): 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
Rocktation: Hmmn.....i dunno about that. But some actually work out though.
any bitch can be transformed into a good wife,my belief. Capt. Noble N. a friend of mine just got wed on the 7th of april 2012 to a lady he saw, loved n proposed to the same day they met just last year. To me a woman could be bad but a wife in a good home + 'near perfect head' hubby just got no choices...
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by dirahm: 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
On reading dis topic, one particular proposal comes 2 mind. He came from a Royal family and happened to be the only son of his parents among 8 sisters, 4 elder and 4 younger. Anyway, things between us was great right up to the moment his uncle who was d enthroned king and the council of elders actually 'summoned' me to appear before them for them to inform me of a fixed wedding date. so, the proposal and summons came together. I just couldnt believe my ears and told him l'd tink about it esp as l was in the midst of a school session & all but when d summons kept coming, 3, 4, 5 times and d guy seemed to be almost @ d point of tears 4 me to honour them, l knew l needed to run as fast as l could. This was no man.
I turned down the proposal and my mum was the happiest woman.
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
BlackBaron: Always propose indoors men.grin Else...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFtDmtWoicY&feature=related
Rejected on live TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnyKkA05nYw
Poor guy

grin grin Lawdy lawd!! see finishing! Chei grin
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
Rocktation: Well, the least complicated one was like SUV's story, so I was contemplating not telling it. Anyway, a certain man's sister and his dad had come to my friend's, to pay for an apartment. Given that my friend's dad is aged, and I was waiting for my friend in the sitting area with them, he'd asked that i help write out the receipt for them.

Jokingly (I thought), as I was doing this, the man kept whispering to his daughter and telling my friend's dad, that they'd be taking me to iboland. See me, see wahala! Anyway, I didn't know how serious they were, until I got home from some other place I had been to the next day, only to find this same man, his two daughters, two sons (the dude included), his wife and two other men there. They appeared relaxed with my parents, indicating that they must have been there for a while before my arrival.

Cut long story short, my mum couldn't wait to deliver the 'good news'. And I couldn't be rude, by giving an outright answer at that minute. So I told the 'dude in question', that I'll think about it. So everybody went to their house to sleep in peace that day. And so the usual continued from there, phone calls upon phone calls came in, until he finally understood that there was no way he could win with me.

I was still in my second year then, so I guess that was all the reason I had. At least, I never thought of anything past that.
Girl you really missed. Turning down the proposal of an Igbo guy... Who else is gonna luv nd pamper u like our guys do?
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
Rocktation:

Thanks. Happy burthday...yesterday.

thanks!
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2012
latest: Girl you really missed. Turning down the proposal of an Igbo guy... Who else is gonna luv nd pamper u like our guys do?

Lol, i pray. Igbo guys? I really pray
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by ZUBY77(m): 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2012
Trust naija babes, all of them wll claim to have turned down twenty rich men, even those without boyfriends. Internet warriors.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Tolulop001(f): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2012
WOW! those videos were too mahdt! Sebi you will say yes first then go and break his heart later shocked shocked shocked
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by mrkels(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2012

Rejected on live TV

Poor guy
Yes the live tv guy proposed with a daimond ring which he bought [after selling his kidney, some ffooll that is, as for me, I would just turn to a serial killer if ever imy proposal is turned down
grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Nuzo1(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
Mr. Him:
Proposed late 2010, was at night at a club was more than high, realised i made a big mistake in the morning with her continous yapping about the wedding plans so, i simply UNpropose! Yippe!! ;

cheesy
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Sagamite(m): 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2012

Rejected on live TV

Poor guy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Which kin poor guys?

They deserved what they got. grin grin grin
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by mazaje(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2012
Edit. .
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by teebadmus(m): 11:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
I expect that a level of trust should be built first before thinking about proposal. Or how do we explain putting the cart before the horse?
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Rocktation(f): 11:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
latest: Girl you really missed. Turning down the proposal of an Igbo guy... Who else is gonna luv nd pamper u like our guys do?

Now, you sound like my mum. smiley
Singing praises of her people every time.
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by acidtalk: 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
Rocktation:

Now, you sound like my mum. smiley
Singing praises of her people every time.

You sure this isn't your money hiding behind 'anonymous' I'd and chatting on nairaland?
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by Rocktation(f): 11:56pm On Jun 20, 2012
cheesy
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by BroProsper(m): 1:13am On Jun 21, 2012
Really i have just because the girl in question was like pushing me to say it. And lot of them meagling around me are all gender benders and fortunate hunters. Most of our singles nowadays didn't know what marriage is all about. Lots of them though graduate but are stack illeterate in the field of marriage. Most of them fall a victim of wrongs for marriage. I have a lot to spaek here but time will not permit me but check some of my good works on www./brnkt7p. A MUST READ FOR ALL THE SINGLES.
Re: Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals by 2dmax(m): 2:33am On Jun 21, 2012
Mine was rejecting a lady's proposal. She never believed it. Even when I got engaged to someone else 4 years after, she kept telling that I would never wed unless its to her.
Did d wedding 2 yrs after and never heard anything from no more.
It was creepy and scary!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What makes a perfect relationship? / The Worst Statement You Ever Heard. / "Not All Best Friend Can Actually Be Best Lovers - Relationship Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.