Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan (13638 Views)

Why I Didn’t Abandon Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan – Fayose / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by OAM4J: 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan Wednesday responded to strident criticisms from Nigerians over his decision to travel to Brasil while crises were raging on in Yobe and Kaduna states saying that he did not abandoned his responsibility.

The decision by president Jonathan to travel to Brasil while churches were being bombed in Kaduna state has attracted criticism from a cross section of Nigerians with the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria accusing him of insensitivity.

But in a statement issued from Brazil, the Special Adviser to the President on Communications, Reuben Abati said before leaving for the United Nation’s Earth Summit Rio+20 in Brazil, the president met with security chiefs and he was confident that security agencies were on top of the situation before his departure Tuesday.

Brazilian natives dance during the People's Summit in Rio de Janeiro, on June 19, 2012, (Inset) President Jonathan

According to Dr. Abati, the president needed to attend the conference because of its importance to Nigeria and because commitments had already been made on his attendance.

The Special Adviser noted that “The conference, Rio+20, is very important and nobody can doubt that.

The issues that will be discussed at this conference are also issues that are relevant to Nigeria’s interest. It is also an opportunity for Nigeria to promote its interest in terms of its place in global community.

“The crisis in Kaduna and Yobe occurred almost on the eve of the President’s departure for this event and commitments have been made.

“In any event, it is not as if government has abandoned the situation at home. Security agencies are there, they are on top of the situation.

“Before the President left, he met with security chiefs. The business of leadership cannot just stop because there is a crisis there.

“I think what we can do is to appeal to the opposition not to always play politics with everything; that is the major challenge we face, people always want to play politics with everything.

“If the President had refused to come to Rio, the same persons will turn around and say that there is an important conference attended by world leaders and the Nigerian President stayed away from it.

“It is as if there is nothing you can do to please our people. It is not that Nigeria is going to lose anything by Mr. President’s presence here rather, the country is going to gain a lot from his presence here.

“He is here serving the interest of Nigerians, it is not as if he has abandoned his responsibilities” he pointed out.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/i-did-not-abandon-my-responsibility-jonathan-speaks/

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by sadyeek(m): 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
[size=16pt]yeah, right.
Tell that to play school children!

By the way dd u guys read the part "on top of the situation"? This phrase is just classic. Decieving them selves.
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by kaywilson: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2012
only God knows the truth.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
If your children and wife are among those bombed, King Jona ll u have time for a conference meeting?

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by aweaweawe: 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2012
may dis our leaders think say we be fool,can't dy just remove this man,he sucks.
Vote 4 B.R.F as president(2015).

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2012
The 'situation is now above Gej. Abati should look up d dictionary for better english words jor!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by femmy2010(m): 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
Presido dey enjoy himself jare.
Once upon a time I had no shoe,now that I have lemme travel around the world.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
That's a good one from Abati.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by aitanofi(m): 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2012
The issues to de discussed @ RIO are more relevant than human lifes, do these people really think that they are fooling us?, what we have only done as an individual is that, we have tabled our case to almighty to rescue us from these blood sucker leaders.....

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
Looks like the situation is now on top of retardeen

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Jabioro: 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
By d special grace of God by d time will return,there shall be no entity like Nigeria 4 u 2 govern.SHEKINNAH
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
Critics cant be President, I expect more critics when I am elected......

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2012
ait_anofi: The issues to de discussed @ RIO are more relevant than human lifes, do these people really think that they are fooling us?, what we have only done as an individual is that, we have tabled our case to almighty to rescue us from these blood sucker leaders.....

Stop fooling yourselves! GEJ has done nothing wrong in embarking on such a journey. There is vice president who knows the geography of the North more than Ebele. Security officials have been briefed and the business of governance is on course.

8 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by DisGuy: 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2012
“In any event, it is not as if government has abandoned the situation at home. Security agencies are there, they are on top of the situation.

they are always on top of the situation!!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by hardywaltz(m): 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
#yawns#
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by deeplow: 11:20pm On Jun 20, 2012
From a perspective, when "he" says "he" is on top of the situation,one can tell he is actually right.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
now i see that no matter what GEJ does, he will still be wrong. Global summit, that was arranged months ago, to address issues of global warming climate change etc, or is west africa not suffering from drought as a result of which? Core north in Nigeria has not seen enough rain, all these result to food crisis. most if not all countries are in attendance of that summit. Stupid boko haram wanting attention as usual thought they could stop GEJ from attending. Well, they failed woefully. Their sponsors need to device new means. The blood of the ppl they kill will follow them.

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by werepeLeri: 11:26pm On Jun 20, 2012
they are becoming extremely boring - the opposition.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2012
"The situation" is the name of this Brazilian model below

So when Jonathan says He is on top of the situation you suppose know say na code

The last time Retardeen went to Australia for CHOGM he brought untold embarrasment to us by molesting a woman in Perth

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by skullbaba: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2012
I wont stop laughing. These are d results you get when voted with emotionss ( i once had no shoes ) and not on logical reasoning. Obama stay back in 2010 and miss the glorious world cup because of oil spillage but what about GEJ in 2010 he went to south africa when d country is burning (boko haram, oil spillage, cant recollect more.) he even went to this polital celebration in south africa when nigeria is coming down. These people lack emotional feelings for the masses. Not until boko haram started bombing the political elites that i will believe it is a religious struggle and not political. And i believe the struggle is the result of pdp internal crisis

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
deeplow: From a perspective, when "he" says "he" is on top of the situation,one can tell he is actually right.

WOW . . . dem already get comic out for this? ROFLMAO~~!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by peterola4r(m): 11:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
angry that is a gOod example of a bad leader http://debt-consolidation-loan.in
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 20, 2012
dayokanu: "The situation" is the name of this Brazilian model below

So when Jonathan says He is on top of the situation you suppose know say na code

The last time Retardeen went to Australia for CHOGM he brought untold embarrasment to us by molesting a woman in Perth

The situation is really critical.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by bright007(f): 11:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
We will not blame GEJ as his predecessor ruled nigeria from his sick bed for over 2 months or thereabouts.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by werepeLeri: 11:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
Jabioro: By d special grace of God by d time will return,there shall be no entity like Nigeria 4 u 2 govern.SHEKINNAH

Which of your gods?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
Sorry! The opposition to the Nigerian president is getting boring by the day. You guys shouldn't say Buhari could have done better - don't just say it to where I am!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 20, 2012
oga jona! i hope u aint coming back soon! u can go to london and inspect the stadium to be used for the london olympics! after that u go to syria and solve their crises. then u go to egypt and visit clinically dead husni mubarak! nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by jmaine: 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
I think what we can do is to appeal to the opposition not to always play politics with everything; that is the major challenge we face, people always want to play politics with everything.

If the President had refused to come to Rio, the same persons will turn around and say that there is an important conference attended by world leaders and the Nigerian President stayed away from it.

It is as if there is nothing you can do to please our people. It is not that Nigeria is going to lose anything by Mr. President’s presence here rather, the country is going to gain a lot from his presence here.

They are already resident here . .confused lot grin

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
all4naija: Sorry! The opposition to the Nigerian president is getting boring by the day. You guys shouldn't say Buhari could have done better - don't just say it to where I am!

Anyone could have done better than Retardeen who

Failed woefully as Deputy Gov of Bayelsa when he was colluding with Alams to steal the State blind

Failed as Governor of bayelsa when his wife was looting the whole State dry

Failed as VP when he sat down in Turais kitchen like a m0r0n until Bakare and co went to deliver him

Failed as a president as the security situation in the country right now can only be compared to the civil war days and corruption is the new order of the day

Even Patience Retardeeness Jonathan would have done better

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2012
bayooooooo:

Stop fooling yourselves! GEJ has done nothing wrong in embarking on such a journey. There is vice president who knows the geography of the North more than Ebele. Security officials have been briefed and the business of governance is on course.

it is you that shouls stop deceiving yourself. Is the summit so important than the lives of fellow country men that the President can not send delegates to the place? You see, President GEJ always miss every opportunity to warm himself into the heart of Nigerians with the way he goes about somethings sometimes.

Now, please answer this question, if the President were to be asked how is Nigeria, or if he were to mount the podium and give a report about Nigeria, and like Abati said, that it is for the good of the country ... and could only mean trying to woo investors to the country, what will he tell them about Nigeria?

Will he say Nigeria is fine ... everything is under control ... we are ontop of the situation ...infact, I had already condemned the killings of poor Nigerians ... and handed everything to God's hand ... read psalm 91 ... and sued for peace? Are these the type of reports that brings investors into a country? We aren't talking about ground nut sellers here, we are talking about institutionalise people who have a minute-by-minute security report of our country at hand. You know what, they will just look at our president, shake their heads and feel sorry for him and more sorry for us, because every word that is going to come out of Mr. President's mouth on that podium would be nothing short of lies-upon-lies.

However, we would have been saved of the embarrasement of a liying president if he had send his apologies, telling the world leaders that, 'look, I've got to fix my house'. As a reminder, you will recall there was a riot in a part of London last August. Incase you may not be aware, David Cameron, the UK Prime Minister, had to cut short his trip (I can't remember whether it was a conference or he was on holiday somewhere) to come and attend to the matter on ground. That was just a riot, a one-off that can't be compared to our ever recurring bombing of churches in the third suunday running.

I beg, enough.

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 11:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
It's only when you violate natural selection that a shoeless child grows up to be crowned as the leader. Selective deprevation has some implication of reduced fitness to survive and genetic weakness. This weakness ( technically incompetence) is obscured from the favored but incompetent specie, can be selected and transferred to the genum, the order and the phylum. A single persons genetic weakness can be transformed into severe deficiency for a nation and can make the difference between a nation's survival or it's destruction. This is just my theory.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Evame(m): 11:43pm On Jun 20, 2012
I PITY MY COUNTRY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government / How The Western Media Portrays Africa, China, And India Differently / Photos From Southern Governors' Wives Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.