Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan (13648 Views)

Why I Didn’t Abandon Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan – Fayose / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 21, 2012
BetaThings:
I would like to know how your being present at your friend's wedding would change the destiny of his marriage
There is something called signalling and morale

Why do people a lot of people condemn terrorists' acts. Will the condemnation search for and arrest the terrorists?
You are forgetting that last weekend's event was peculiar. We are now seeing the possibility of reprisals
Nobody can say what the outcome of this new phase will be.

This is not peculiar to Jonathan
As president, Shehu Shagari left Nigeria when Nitel building was on fire. Nigerians condemned him, but he was not a fire fighter

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you, brother.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Etelite: 2:46am On Jun 21, 2012
enof of the criticism! im no GEJ fan o anything close to his opposition. All im saying is that we shud all shut d f...k up! & pray to God for mercy. GEJ this, GEJ that n yet some cant even control their inmediate families nor business'. pls once more lipsrsealed SHUT D F UP! what we need is a constructive approach to betterness.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 21, 2012
Etelite: enof of the criticism! im no GEJ fan o anything close to his opposition. All im saying is that we shud all shut d f...k up! & pray to God for mercy. GEJ this, GEJ that n yet some cant even control their inmediate families nor business'. pls once more lipsrsealed SHUT D F UP! what we need is a constructive approach to betterness.

Pray to God?

God told me he doesn't care about Nigeria - then what undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by enroute(m): 3:18am On Jun 21, 2012
RETARDEEN!!! grin grin grin what a nick-name.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by osiclaude(m): 3:24am On Jun 21, 2012
It is part of his official Duties... Critics rest a lil bit.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Brace1125(m): 3:27am On Jun 21, 2012
femmy2010: Presido dey enjoy himself jare.
Once upon a time I had no shoe,now that I have lemme travel around the world.
lolz
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Godogwu: 3:45am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

Pray to God?

God told me he doesn't care about Nigeria - then what undecided undecided undecided

Awwwww eiyaaa , I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about you, your family or relations too sad.. Nitwit!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by dasparrow: 4:19am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

I concur with everything you posted 1000000%..

We need to redefine what Nigeria, and being a Nigerian really mean...

I think our problem started at the foundation.. Our founding fathers were in haste to have a country, rather than analyze how the country itself would work... The idea of a SNC is something we really need right now - and all the regions as well need to be restructured along tribal and cultural lines... And power must be decentralized!!!

I just hope I'll be a able to see a peaceful, and prosperous Nigeria in my lifetime...

I agree. Well said!

Godogwu:

Awwwww eiyaaa , I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about you, your family or relations too sad.. Nitwit!

LOL grin Ok, that was funny.....sorry for laughing.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 6:05am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

Until that true intentions are exposed, BH, to me, remains an islamic terrorist organisation furthering the course of Islam by killing people of other faiths.

Have you not heard and read Azazi's paper ? The other person who knows BH well and said so several times is GEJ, but wants to keep the knowledge to himself. You can't further the course of Islam by killing the potential converts , even a mad man knows that. You can only cause confusion , anguish and pain in the land and that to me sounds more worldly and political than anything religious and heavenly. it must be the fresh air we are promised.Wake up!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Supergwin(m): 6:23am On Jun 21, 2012
GEJ.. On top of d situartion evn 4rm brazil, shay u tink Say na facebook msg go cool our temper... God'll save us o
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 6:25am On Jun 21, 2012
@ sisi- kill. Once again, you have demonstrated your profound ignorance of governance, international relations and gas flaring. It's rather pitiable that you chose such a public platform as Nairaland to show it. In governance, you don't play into the hands of your enemies by doing their biddings. Those who went to throw bombs at innocent xtain worshippers in Zaria sought to destabilize this govt and you don't help them actualise it by staying away from such a global summit. Doesn't it occur to your narrow mind that these detractors would have been happier if Gej missed the summit on account of these politically motivated attacks. They would have still turned around to castigate the President for being unable to attend such a summit because of Boko Haram. The question is, what extra security measure does Gej need to take that must require his physical presence? This argument for his presence would have been tenable, if it was in the 60's when information communication Technology had not really reached an advanced stage. President Obama was in the White house and was co ordinating the attack on Osama Bin Laden at Pakistan. These days, one can even hve meetings thru Skype. So why would Gej stay put in Aso rock and fail to honour a commitment he made months back to attend the summit? Have you really considered the consequences of his absence on our international relations? You even went as far as attacking the President for gas flaring as if it started today. And you may not want to knw that govt has taken all forms of sanctions against gas flaring including imposing heavy taxes and giving them a deadline upon which they are to lay proper infrastructure for the utilization of gas flaring. Maybe in your shallow mind, Gas flaring is something that you can just extinguish overnight by erecting chimneys.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by obedoracoid: 6:43am On Jun 21, 2012
we all know that there are detractors to GEJ's administration. We should shun sentiments. The boko haram menance shldnt stop d country from moving forward. These perpetrators are our brothers and are living amongst us, we shld report them if we want peace. Govt cannot do magic. I applaud GEJ for his travel, security operatives are on top if and only if we d citizenry ll co-operate with them. The situation shld be everybody's concern if we want peace lest the oppositions who ve caved their niche in hullabaloo criticisms and ve vowed to tople GEJ's govt deceive and take hold on d populace.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 6:48am On Jun 21, 2012
nagoma: It's only when you violate natural selection that a shoeless child grows up to be crowned as the leader. Selective deprevation has some implication of reduced fitness to survive and genetic weakness. This weakness ( technically incompetence) is obscured from the favored but incompetent specie selected and transferred to the genum, the order and the phylum. A single persons genetic weakness can be transformed into severe deficiency for a nation and can make the difference between a nation's survival or it's destruction. This is just my theory.
. Dysfunctional supremist,are you not ashamed at your utterances?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by nneomawhy: 6:52am On Jun 21, 2012
Nigerians don't value human life. How can somebody house is on fire and u are looking 4 a rat. I regret voting 4 dis man called good-luck.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 6:53am On Jun 21, 2012
nagoma:

Have you not heard and read Azazi's paper ? The other person who knows BH well and said so several times is GEJ, but wants to keep the knowledge to himself. You can't further the course of Islam by killing the potential converts , even a mad man knows that. You can only cause confusion , anguish and pain in the land and that to me sounds more worldly and political than anything religious and heavenly. it must be the fresh air we are promised.Wake up!
who is this daft person? Does BH sound like fundamental Christian movement? Don't even try to join issues with religious affiliations.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by naughtyluk101(m): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2012
what do you expect from someone who has PHD in Animal science
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

Pray to God?

if u blasphem again with Gods name, fire will burn you Babylonian and thunder will strike you, ode like you. I don't condole people who take the name of our Lord in vain. angry
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2012
naughtyluk101: what do you expect from someone who has PHD in Animal science
get a life. At least he has a phd.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2012
Mandelaguy: who is this daft person? Does BH sound like fundamental Christian movement? Don't even try to join issues with religious affiliations.

Are you also a dunce? You seem to have problem with comprehension.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by gbadexy(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2012
Only morons that are mediocres themselves would be supporting a mediocre leader blindly.
Such people cannot imagine that better leadership is obtainable as they don't have much expectation in life.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by nifemi01(m): 7:38am On Jun 21, 2012
I think this man had no shoes when he was a small boy not because his father couldn't afford it but because d father realised he ain't worth it. Too bad 22 million of u saw dis same man fit to rule us.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by BashMe1(m): 7:39am On Jun 21, 2012
Abati can neva in his entire life have sense. does he fink we r kids?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by owobokiri(m): 7:44am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

GBAM!!

GEJ will go down as the worst President in Nigeria's history.. I thought no one could be worse than IBB - but GEJ proved me wrong...

The guy took incompetence to the next level.. sad

You ar starting to sound like a broken gong. You can repeat that nonsense a thousand times, it wont stick! Why? Not every Nigerian is as shallow minded and primordial in their reasonings as you! GEJ may not be the best Nigerian president, but he certainly is better than somebody you know.

GEJ and his handlers must be sick for junketing off to Brazil when the country is boiling, but that is far better when compared to a former c-in-c who went to the Lagos armoury blast scene and told everybody present including hundreds of bereaved families that they should shut up "afterall i am not supposed to be here"!

We are all genuinely upset with this man who should have stayed back and clean up the mess by BH and co but chose to travel to Rio. That said, how can he be worse than the president that burnt down states he didnt like, assasinated political opponents while inventing dubious reasons to level one community after the other? Abeg
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by jonc20: 7:46am On Jun 21, 2012
grin grin grin grin I DEY LAUGH OOOOOO
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by 1025: 7:50am On Jun 21, 2012
why are we complaining now? a man who among all the nigerian journalists, decided to choose D'Banj for interview yet we saw nothing wrong/
it is a shame that we have gotten to this ridiculous stage in our lives.
my prayer is that before the next G20 meeting, let this boko haram target his direct relatives so that we will see if he goes to the meeting while the family members lay in cold blood.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by alex406(m): 8:00am On Jun 21, 2012
All you haters should get a life,always looking for an opportunity to blame GEJ. ACN most especially.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2012
Mallamabdul: @ delafrriut, I never knew you were this dumb. So if you re the President of Nigeria today, you would fail to attend a meeting because Jacob Zuma of SA was nt invited. Do you knw the position of Nigeria in the comity of Nations? As Abati pointed out, This prestigious invitation had long been given to Nigeria- Giant of Africa. So Gej attended in order to honour this invitation. What could he have stayed back to do? Does he need to be present before the Army fight the terrorists? He has already deployed Soldiers to the streets of KD. A curfew was in place before he left. He consulted the Senate before he left. Even the Senate refused his suggestion to declare State of Emetgency in the affected Sates. He handed over to his vice who was a former Governor of Kaduna to just oversee his directives on the Military for just few days. So what else do you want him to do? Maybe you want him to be a security guard in the streets of Kaduna before you re satisfied.
i posted a link earlier in which the government of brazil is sending its airforce planes to airlift delegation from "poor countries" to boost attendance.the lead convener of the summit has acknowledged that its doubtful any good will result from the summit because of the absence of major world leaders due to "more important global priorities" i really wonder when people will realise that this earth summit isnt about reducing poverty,its more about fossil fuels and green living.how is that more important than finding a solution to bokoharam especially when jonathan has told us he will eliminate them in june and what month are in?you guessed right JUNE.there are less than 100 countries in attendance and most of the heads of state in attendance only committed to attending 2 days before the summit began.our president however committed to attending in november 2011 which shows that he was more interested in junketting irrespective of what state his nation is in.a leader doesnt commit to attending the EARTH SUMMIT unless he is absolutely sure there is no pressing matter at hand and even then he attends if he is required to hold meetings or present papers.nigeria didnt present any paper,our only contribution was a paper submitted in november 2011.south africa on the other hand had 4reports in the final draft and held meetings with the chinese and norwegian delegation despite its president not been in attendance.even zambia had a more detailed schedule than the nigerian delegation.the last earth summit was hosted by south africa,yes.SOUTH AFRICA.thats a country that is respected in the committee of nations and at that summit,tony blair delivered his paper and left almost immediately and was still criticized for booking a $550 hotel he never slept in.and you are here telling us the earth summit is the solution to nigeria and africa's poverty.a summit brazil had to literarily beg leaders to attend and even send its planes to their countries to encourage them to attend
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Reptyle(m): 8:11am On Jun 21, 2012
The President has broken no law by going for the summit in Brazil...its just that it doesn't sound right for him to leave the country at a time as critical as this. I'm sure none of his fellow leaders at the summit would leave their countries to attend an earth summit if their counties were on fire.

A leader of a country where bombs go off at regular intervals leading to multiple fatalities and where a plane fell out of the skies and 60% of the fatalities are still smoldering in the mortuary 2 weeks after, unidentified,should be a bit more circumspect in his actions.

Sad to see that Abati has the onerous task of trying to justify this ill-advised move on the part of the president. Seasons change; the tables turn; I can imagine what Abati's Saturday column would have been if things were as they were...
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by talkingfingers: 8:13am On Jun 21, 2012
By God's Grace, so shall we not abandon our responsibility of criticising you and your incidences of terrible judgement, even though they are becoming far too frequent to keep up with!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by DTaj: 8:16am On Jun 21, 2012
Our support for the President should never have been the main pivot for this sort of discussion. Rather, we should take a dispassionate view of the propriety of his visit to Brazil.

Whether we like the President or not is irrelevant in this matter. My view is that the President was wrong to have embarked on the trip when he was well aware of the senseless killings on Sunday. The flippant press statement issued by Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku's arrogant and obviously insensitive comment after the FEC meeting of yesterday made the matter worse for the image of the President.

This was an Earth Summit (not even the UN General Assembly) that the VP and/or Minister of the Environment could have easily attended on his behalf, for the sake of humanity!

There are a legion of examples where responsible world leaders have either had to entirely cancel trips, rush back home, or send representatives to more important meetings, conferences, and other forms of official visits on account of fundamentally critical issues plaguing their citizens. Please check this inexhaustive list:

1. April 2010: President Hu Jintao of China cut short his tour of Latin America and returned home after an earthquake in Western China.

2. April 2012: President Salva Kiir of South Sudan returned home early from his visit to China, due to the tension along the border of South Sudan and Sudan border.

3. July 2011: British Prime Minister David Cameron cut short a trade tour to some African countries and returned home owing to a phone-hacking scandal (Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.).

4. June 2012: President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner of Argentina cut her international trip and returned to Buenos Aires to monitor the teamster's strike. She even had to meet with her cabinet almost straight from the airport, after landing at 9:00 pm!

5. April 2012: Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu cut short an official trip to China because of Syrian border fire after Syrian forces fired shots into a refugee camp across the border wounding 4 Syrians and 2 Turkish staff at a refugee camp!

6. Sept. 2011: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani of Pakistan cancelled his official visit to the US, where he was to address the UN General Assembly to oversee flood relief operations! He rather asked the Foreign Minister, Hina Rabbani Khar, to represent him and address the entire UN Assembly!!!

7. Nov. 2011: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton cancelled a 'well-prepared for' official trip to London and Istanbul to be with her ailing 92-year old mother! She was scheduled to join Presidents, Prime Ministers and other officials from 60 countries in London, along with internet pioneers Google, Facebook and Microsoft as well as Chinese technology firms, to discuss cyber security. And she cancelled this!!!

In the 7 examples I stated above, these leaders had Deputies, Military Heads, Police Heads, Ministers of Interior, Environment, Water, etc, but they decided to stay back to face their various issues at home!!!

My little piece...

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nauttyprof(m): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2012
what gets me annoyed about this government is the way the respond after any bomb crisis, you'll either hear our president say "this dastardly act shall not go unpunished we'll fish out those responsible" (this statement is now fading away) or you'll hear him say "we are on top of the situation" (this is the current one). With all these statements made no progress have been made.... omo I tire for Naija..........

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 8:24am On Jun 21, 2012
Mandelaguy: @ sisi- kill. Once again, you have demonstrated your profound ignorance of governance, international relations and gas flaring. It's rather pitiable that you chose such a public platform as Nairaland to show it. In governance, you don't play into the hands of your enemies by doing their biddings. Those who went to throw bombs at innocent xtain worshippers in Zaria sought to destabilize this govt and you don't help them actualise it by staying away from such a global summit. Doesn't it occur to your narrow mind that these detractors would have been happier if Gej missed the summit on account of these politically motivated attacks. They would have still turned around to castigate the President for being unable to attend such a summit because of Boko Haram. The question is, what extra security measure does Gej need to take that must require his physical presence? This argument for his presence would have been tenable, if it was in the 60's when information communication Technology had not really reached an advanced stage. President Obama was in the White house and was co ordinating the attack on Osama Bin Laden at Pakistan. These days, one can even hve meetings thru Skype. So why would Gej stay put in Aso rock and fail to honour a commitment he made months back to attend the summit? Have you really considered the consequences of his absence on our international relations? You even went as far as attacking the President for gas flaring as if it started today. And you may not want to knw that govt has taken all forms of sanctions against gas flaring including imposing heavy taxes and giving them a deadline upon which they are to lay proper infrastructure for the utilization of gas flaring. Maybe in your shallow mind, Gas flaring is something that you can just extinguish overnight by erecting chimneys.

if one can have meetings through skype,why then does Mr president need to sit in on FEC meetings?he can just keep travelling and keep skyping.why do american presidents take the risk of going to their troops when they are in warzones?obama went to afghanistan and iraq to celebrate with the troops after osama's death.presidents need to be on the ground when turmoils are in occurence so as to demonstrate a feeling of togetherness and somberness.after the koresh incident in waco,clinton cancelled numerous appointments to deal with the situation and was still criticized for not doing enough.president bush had to delegate major foreign assignments to cheney and condie after katrina.thats what good leaders do,they stay with their people after disasters even if just to give morale to the people.some of those people that died voted for ebele.if one of his children or relative had died,do you think he would still have gone for the earth summmit?besides if jonathan doesnt go,does it mean nigeria isnt represented?most countries sent delegations of ministers and experts in various fields but nigeria must "prove levels".our president,his wife,2governors,6ministers and countless aides.SMH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Photos From Southern Governors' Wives Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.