Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,942 members, 7,824,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan (13658 Views)

Why I Didn’t Abandon Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan – Fayose / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 20, 2012
really pathetic that some people are really inconsiderate. When house is on fire and the landlord is busy chasing Rats.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Anyone could have done better than Retardeen who

Failed woefully as Deputy Gov of Bayelsa when he was colluding with Alams to steal the State blind

Failed as Governor of bayelsa when his wife was looting the whole State dry

Failed as VP when he sat down in Turais kitchen like a m0r0n until Bakare and co went to deliver him

Failed as a president as the security situation in the country right now can only be compared to the civil war days and corruption is the new order of the day

Even Patience Retardeeness Jonathan would have done better

The most surprising thing against your assertion is that he passed through all those positions and became the president of Nigeria. Isn't that enough for you to co-operate with him in finding solutions than clamoring?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
[size=18pt]THE mysterious non-appearance of Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan at a packed CHOGM forum yesterday where he was scheduled to outline his country's mining potential, failed to stop his delegation launching a strong bid for investors to get on board.[/size]

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/goodbye-goodluck-but-nigerian-show-goes-on/story-fnapmixa-1226178871235

And when Retardeen got to Australia the last time he went to molest their women

[size=18pt]A NIGERIAN delegate has had his CHOGM accreditation revoked after a complaint that he allegedly sexually harassed a Perth hotel worker.
The man is accused of approaching a female worker at the Hyatt Hotel, in Adelaide Terrace, and requesting she perform a sexual act on him.
Offended, the woman reported the incident to senior staff at the hotel[/size]

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/chogm-delegate-sidelined-over-sex-harassment-complaint/story-e6frg13u-1226179789868
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 11:48pm On Jun 20, 2012
[quote author=kkk17]now i see that no matter what GEJ does, he will still be wrong. Global summit, that was arranged months ago, to address issues of global warming climate change etc, or is west africa not suffering from drought as a result of which? Core north in Nigeria has not seen enough rain, all these result to food crisis. most if not all countries are in attendance of that summit. [b]Stupid boko haram wanting attention [/b]as usual thought they could stop GEJ from attending. Well, they failed woefully. Their sponsors need to device new means. The blood of the ppl they kill will follow them.[ikenah!

for the bolden ... and that's what he should have given them ... real attention ... that will make them a thing of the past.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
all4naija: The most surprising thing against your assertion is that he passed through all those positions and became the president of Nigeria. Isn't that enough for you to co-operate with him in finding solutions than clamoring?

Since when has competence become a criteria for choosing leaders in Nigeria?

When we can use sentiments like "He is our son", "he get plenty Luck", "he had no shoes", "He had no brains", "He was bullied by the cabal"
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
dayokanu:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/goodbye-goodluck-but-nigerian-show-goes-on/story-fnapmixa-1226178871235

And when Retardeen got to Australia the last time he went to molest their women

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/chogm-delegate-sidelined-over-sex-harassment-complaint/story-e6frg13u-1226179789868
How do those links and statements point to the president? I don't find your arguments and references intelligent at all!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
bayooooooo:

Stop fooling yourselves! GEJ has done nothing wrong in embarking on such a journey. There is vice president who knows the geography of the North more than Ebele. Security officials have been briefed and the business of governance is on course.

did you actuallly read through before clicking submit?i dont mean to be rude and i dont intend to imply that you are a big i.dio.t but i am seriously tempted to.what did you mean by "knows the geography of the north better than ebele".since when did knowledge of geography confer powers to deploy troops or give orders to service cbhiefs?sambo is a lame duck whose constituitional powers start and end at "yes,MR PRESIDENT".EBELE IS COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND ONLY HIM CAN MOBILISE TROOPS OR GIVE ORDERS TO THE SERVICE CHIEFS.
seun,i suggest IQ test before accepting registration on nairaland

Home In The News Brazil Offers Free Plane Rides For Poor CountriesTo Boost Rio+20 Attendance
Brazil Offers Free Plane Rides For Poor Countries To Boost Rio+20 Attendance(and this is the all important conference ebele couldnt miss)
By: EW News Desk Team Date: 19 June 2012
19 June 2012
Political leaders from less-developed nations in Africa and the Caribbean will take sponsored flights to attend the upcoming Rio+20 Earth Summit in Brazil, reported Bloomberg News on Monday, after the Brazilian government offered to provide free airlifts to poorer nations in order to boost attendance at the event.
According to a statement posted on the Brazilian defence ministry website, the Brazilian air force, along with Sao Jose dos Campos-basedaircraft manufacturer Embraer, are set to pick up heads of state and delegations from 10 countries, such as Malawi, Liberia, Barbados and Granada, starting from today and fly them to the conference for free.
Until last week though, only 102 countries had confirmed that they would attend the event, with major world leaders such as US PresidentBarack Obama, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, UK Prime Minister David Cameron and IMF Chief Christine Lagarde among the notable absentees.
This has led many analysts to doubt whether any concrete results can be expected from the summit(bubble has burst for those saying the conference is important to nigeria); while Brazil’s lead negotiator Luiz Alberto Figueiredo warned that the summit, which has a focus on sustainable development, could be at risk of being “held hostage” by other global priorities(so even the convener admit that there are other priorities.ebele apparently didnt realise his priorities were wrongly places), including the eurozone crisis .
"We are here to think about the long term, not crises that may be overcome in one or two years, said Luiz Alberto Figueiredo, who is also an undersecretary at Brazil's Foreign Ministry, to Reuters “Today I am very concerned and worried because the draft final document of the Rio+20 conference does not give proper attention to climate change,” added former Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev, who has set up an organisation, called the Climate Change Task Force,to combat global warming.
“It looks like there is backsliding on this issue and thatis what worries me so much, because without addressingclimate change, all of the other problems and tasks that will be set by the final document will not be accomplished and will become meaningless,” Gorbachev said, as cited by AFP .
According to Rio+20 chief spokeswomen Pargati Pascale, only 37 percent of the final document leaders are expecting to sign have been agreed to, as of last night. AFP sources added that late-night talks on the 50-page draft had been mired in discord on many issues, including text on climate-altering fossil fuels, promoting the green economy and providing funding for poorer countries.
“Given the limited time left, it will be a real uphill task to get an agreement,” said Martin Khor, executive director of the South Centre, an intergovernmental think-tank of developing countries based in Geneva.
“The old battles will thus resume (today),” Khor added, noting that while “the initial reactions of governments indicated that although the new text is accepted as the basis for negotiations, it has not resolved most of the key issues.”
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Since when has competence become a criteria for choosing leaders in Nigeria?

When we can use sentiments like "He is our son", "he get plenty Luck", "he had no shoes", "He had no brains", "He was bullied by the cabal"
Come on! Our son in what sense? This is somebody from a minority ethnic group. You are letting your sentiment becloud your reasoning. I don't buy into such bogus senseless idea.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 11:56pm On Jun 20, 2012
all4naija: How do those links and statements point to the president? I don't find your arguments and references intelligent at all!

You fail to see how this statement point to the Presidnet?

"THE mysterious non-appearance of Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan at a packed CHOGM forum yesterday where he was scheduled to outline his country's mining potential"

I guess reading and understanding is a big issue then
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 20, 2012
Reuben Abati's madness has been upgraded to Stage 4.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 11:58pm On Jun 20, 2012
skullbaba: I wont stop laughing. These are d results you get when voted with emotionss ( i once had no shoes ) and not on logical reasoning. Obama stay back in 2010 and miss the glorious world cup because of oil spillage but what about GEJ in 2010 he went to south africa when d country is burning (boko haram, oil spillage, cant recollect more.) he even went to this polital celebration in south africa when nigeria is coming down. These people lack emotional feelings for the masses. Not until boko haram started bombing the political elites that i will believe it is a religious struggle and not political. And i believe the struggle is the result of pdp internal crisis

David Cameron, UK Prime Minister cut short his trip during last year's august riot, note... riot o, not killing or bombings o, in a part of London.

Neithe the minister of the environment nor his minister of state counterpart was not among Dr. GEJ's entourage to Earth Summit in Brazil. I heard the wife went with him ... so, na patience go come implement wetin she learn whem dem come back, ehn? I beg, free me. He has not point.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 21, 2012
dayokanu:

You fail to see how this statement point to the Presidnet?

"THE mysterious non-appearance of Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan at a packed CHOGM forum yesterday where he was scheduled to outline his country's mining potential"

I guess reading and understanding is a big issue then
Come on. Is that the point you are alluding to? Your evidence is not having any proof to the accusation you leveled against him in the Australian conference meeting. There is nothing to prove that he's the person in question for the simple truth you are hanging on improbable evidence of absence. The lady could as well have presented her case before the press accusing the president. I doubt you know something as grave as that in developing nation can make that woman become millionaire overnight.

Sorry! You are only speculating without affirmative proof!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 12:09am On Jun 21, 2012
according to the official website of the earth summit 2012,president jonathan doesnt have a single meeting scheduled.the only nigerian contribution is a document submitted by Mrs. Comfort Adebisi Owolab
Deputy Director-Policy Analysis, Monitoring and Inspectorate - FederalMinistry of Environment Information
which was submitted in november 2011 and added to the main draft.

UN Home | DESA | DSD | Rio+20 website in Portuguese
Welcome to the United Nations. It's your world.
0 Voluntary Commitments
Rio+20, 20 - 22 June 2012
Home
About
Themes
Meetings
Member States
UN System
Major Groups
News & Media
Resources
Engage
Member States
National Preparations
Registration
Sign in
Nigeria
Input to Compilation Document
Responses from Synthesis Report (Not available)
Statements (1)
Link to National Information on UN-DSD website
Side Events at Rio+20
Meetings
Publications
Green economy Practices/Policies/Initiatives in Nigeria
News
Background papers/Position papers
Nigeria position to the Zero Draft Outcome Document for Rio + 20 Summit; 20-22 June, 2012 , The Future We Want
Copyright (c) United Nations 2011 | Terms of Use | Privacy Notice | Contact | Site Map | New
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 21, 2012
mbhs139:

it is you that shouls stop deceiving yourself. Is the summit so important than the lives of fellow country men that the President can not send delegates to the place? You see, President GEJ always miss every opportunity to warm himself into the heart of Nigerians with the way he goes about somethings sometimes.

Now, please answer this question, if the President were to be asked how is Nigeria, or if he were to mount the podium and give a report about Nigeria, and like Abati said, that it is for the good of the country ... and could only mean trying to woo investors to the country, what will he tell them about Nigeria?

Will he say Nigeria is fine ... everything is under control ... we are ontop of the situation ...infact, I had already condemned the killings of poor Nigerians ... and handed everything to God's hand ... read psalm 91 ... and sued for peace? Are these the type of reports that brings investors into a country? We aren't talking about ground nut sellers here, we are talking about institutionalise people who have a minute-by-minute security report of our country at hand. You know what, they will just look at our president, shake their heads and feel sorry for him and more sorry for us, because every word that is going to come out of Mr. President's mouth on that podium would be nothing short of lies-upon-lies.

However, we would have been saved of the embarrasement of a liying president if he had send his apologies, telling the world leaders that, 'look, I've got to fix my house'. As a reminder, you will recall there was a riot in a part of London last August. Incase you may not be aware, David Cameron, the UK Prime Minister, had to cut short his trip (I can't remember whether it was a conference or he was on holiday somewhere) to come and attend to the matter on ground. That was just a riot, a one-off that can't be compared to our ever recurring bombing of churches in the third suunday running.

I beg, enough.

You are, in a word, wrong. First, Boko Haram menace is not something you can just say STOP and it ends that way.
No matter the strategy adopted now, we will still be having explosions for the next eighteen months. Staying back to shed crocodile tears merely scratches the issue at the surface, it won't solve anything.

He doesn't have to lie. Nigeria has terrorism challenges and his administration is implementing measures to combat the fanatics. Because these measures are of national security importance, there is little that can be disclosed for now.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 12:12am On Jun 21, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Abeg Mr presisent gbenu osi sohun jo,you did and you know it
who posted this? you are wicked. you no want make man sleep?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 12:15am On Jun 21, 2012
compare and contrast the official south african page and nigerian page and this is despite the fact that jacob zuma isnt attending and goodluck jonathan is attending

0 Voluntary Commitments
Home
About
Themes
Meetings
Member States
UN System
Major Groups
News & Media
Resources
Engage
Member States
National Preparations
Registration
Sign in
South Africa
Focal Point
Thembela Ngculu
Email: ngculut@dirco.gov.za
Mr. Tlou Ramaru
Senior Policy Advisor: International Sustainable Development and Trade Cooperation
Department of Environmental Affairs
Contact details: +27 12 310 3331
Fax: +27 12 322 1003
Cell: +27 72 114 1504
email: tramaru@environment.gov.za
Information
Responses from Synthesis Report
Statements (4)
Side Events at Rio+20
African Young Scientist Initiative on Climate Change and IKS - 17 Jun2012
RSA Renewables Initiative - Unlocking RSA's Green Growth Potential - 19 Jun 2012
Accelerating clean and sustainable energy access for all in Africa - 20Jun 2012
Meetings
Publications
Green economy Practices/Policies/Initiatives in South Africa
Carbon Tax
South Africa instituted an ad valorem CO2 emissions tax on new passenger vehicles in 2010.
South Africa's New Growth Path - Green Economy Accord
The Government and its social partners signed the Green Economy Accord on 17 November 2011 as an outcome of social dialogue on theNew Growth Path.
The Medium Term Strategic Framework
South Africa has set The Medium Term Strategic Framework (MTSF) for 2009-2014 to mitigate climate change .
The National Framework for Sustainable Development
The purpose of the National Framework on Sustainable Development is to enunciate South Africa?s national vision for sustainable development and indicate strategic interventions to re-orientate SouthAfrica?s development path in a more sustainable direction. It proposesa national vision, principles and areas for strategic intervention that will enable and guide the development of the national strategy and action plan.
Working for Water Program
The ?Working for Water? public program created 25,000 green jobs for previously unemployed people in the removal of high water-consuming invasive vegetation.
News
Medium Term Strategic Framework (2009)
Copyright (c) United Nations 2011 | Terms of Use | Privacy Notice | Contact | Site Map | New

1 Voluntary Commitments
Home
About
Themes
Meetings
Member States
UN System
Major Groups
News & Media
Resources
Engage
Member States
National Preparations
Registration
Sign in
Nigeria
Focal Point
Mrs. Comfort Adebisi Owolab
Deputy Director-Policy Analysis, Monitoring and Inspectorate - FederalMinistry of Environment
Information
Responses from Synthesis Report (Not available)
Statements (1)
Side Events at Rio+20
Meetings
Publications
Green economy Practices/Policies/Initiatives in Nigeria
News
Nigeria position to the Zero Draft Outcome Document for Rio + 20 Summit; 20-22 June, 2012 , The Future We Want
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Mallamabdul: 12:16am On Jun 21, 2012
Anybody who read this piece thoroughly and still says rubbish is devilish and will be visited with the same measure when confronted with leadership in any capacity. This event had long been scheduled even before the Kaduna riots started. So you all want him to stay back and attend to Kaduna riots when all his colleagues are in Rio for a world summit? So if Gej abandons the all important gathering of World leaders, would that be an end to the Boko haram attacks? I am from the North central, but I must admit that this govt has been unfairly treated by the core North. All these attacks are geared towards discrediting this administration so when I see people criticize Gej for these insecurity, i feel very sad. How can any sane mind advice Gej not to be at the world summit? If he fails to go, he would have fulfilled the desires of his enemies who want the World to see Nigeria as as a war torn country. They have failed and would fail again. L
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 21, 2012
Delafruita:
did you actuallly read through before clicking submit?i dont mean to be rude and i dont intend to imply that you are a big i.dio.t but i am seriously tempted to.what did you mean by "knows the geography of the north better than ebele".since when did knowledge of geography confer powers to deploy troops or give orders to service cbhiefs?sambo is a lame duck whose constituitional powers start and end at "yes,MR PRESIDENT".EBELE IS COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND ONLY HIM CAN MOBILISE TROOPS OR GIVE ORDERS TO THE SERVICE CHIEFS.
seun,i suggest IQ test before accepting registration on nairaland

Home In The News Brazil Offers Free Plane Rides For Poor CountriesTo Boost Rio+20 Attendance
Brazil Offers Free Plane Rides For Poor Countries To Boost Rio+20 Attendance(and this is the all important conference ebele couldnt miss)
By: EW News Desk Team Date: 19 June 2012
19 June 2012
Political leaders from less-developed nations in Africa and the Caribbean will take sponsored flights to attend the upcoming Rio+20 Earth Summit in Brazil, reported Bloomberg News on Monday, after the Brazilian government offered to provide free airlifts to poorer nations in order to boost attendance at the event.
According to a statement posted on the Brazilian defence ministry website, the Brazilian air force, along with Sao Jose dos Campos-basedaircraft manufacturer Embraer, are set to pick up heads of state and delegations from 10 countries, such as Malawi, Liberia, Barbados and Granada, starting from today and fly them to the conference for free.
Until last week though, only 102 countries had confirmed that they would attend the event, with major world leaders such as US PresidentBarack Obama, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, UK Prime Minister David Cameron and IMF Chief Christine Lagarde among the notable absentees.
This has led many analysts to doubt whether any concrete results can be expected from the summit(bubble has burst for those saying the conference is important to nigeria); while Brazil’s lead negotiator Luiz Alberto Figueiredo warned that the summit, which has a focus on sustainable development, could be at risk of being “held hostage” by other global priorities(so even the convener admit that there are other priorities.ebele apparently didnt realise his priorities were wrongly places), including the eurozone crisis .
"We are here to think about the long term, not crises that may be overcome in one or two years, said Luiz Alberto Figueiredo, who is also an undersecretary at Brazil's Foreign Ministry, to Reuters “Today I am very concerned and worried because the draft final document of the Rio+20 conference does not give proper attention to climate change,” added former Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev, who has set up an organisation, called the Climate Change Task Force,to combat global warming.
“It looks like there is backsliding on this issue and thatis what worries me so much, because without addressingclimate change, all of the other problems and tasks that will be set by the final document will not be accomplished and will become meaningless,” Gorbachev said, as cited by AFP .
According to Rio+20 chief spokeswomen Pargati Pascale, only 37 percent of the final document leaders are expecting to sign have been agreed to, as of last night. AFP sources added that late-night talks on the 50-page draft had been mired in discord on many issues, including text on climate-altering fossil fuels, promoting the green economy and providing funding for poorer countries.
“Given the limited time left, it will be a real uphill task to get an agreement,” said Martin Khor, executive director of the South Centre, an intergovernmental think-tank of developing countries based in Geneva.
“The old battles will thus resume (today),” Khor added, noting that while “the initial reactions of governments indicated that although the new text is accepted as the basis for negotiations, it has not resolved most of the key issues.”

First thing first, learn to write in a manner appealing to eyes. It will help you for the rest of your natural life.
Two, you don't need to take IQ test to confirm your stupidity, that's pretty much obvious.

Now, there is something called delegation of duties and responsibilities. Such duties you hyped about can be delegated. Infact, Minister of Defence not to talk of Vice President can order troops to combat zones. Who mobilized troops to airport when Yar'Adua was dying and could not talk?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 12:22am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

You are, in a word, wrong. First, Boko Haram menace is not something [size=15pt]you can just say STOP and it ends that way.
[/size]No matter the strategy adopted now, [size=15pt]we will still be having explosions for the next eighteen months[/size]. Staying back to shed crocodile tears merely scratches the issue at the surface, it won't solve anything.

He doesn't have to lie. Nigeria has terrorism challenges and his administration is implementing measures to combat the fanatics. Because these measures are of national security importance, there is little that can be disclosed for now.

No one said just saying STOP will end the menace of BH, what we are saying is showing the right attitude ... and let it be seen in action and attitude.

'will still be having ... for the next eighteen months ...'? in a country with a Government? Is that a wish or a fact coming from someone who has the fact? And you think that doesn't call for urgent attention that deserves the Presidential attention?

The national security adviser, a retired four star general pointed to the direction he thinks the BH people are, but mr president said he was merely airing his opinion. Whose opinion would have been more compelling or accurate ... that a nobel laureate wole soyinka?

My brother/sister, drop sentiments. see issues the way they are. thanks for the rejoinder anyway. God bless you.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 12:26am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

First thing first, learn to write in a manner appealing to eyes. It will help you for the rest of your natural life.
Two, you don't need to take IQ test to confirm your stupidity, that's pretty much obvious.

Now, there is something called delegation of duties and responsibilities. Such duties you hyped about can be delegated. Infact, [s]Minister of Defence not to talk of Vice President can order troops to combat zones[/s]. Who mobilized troops to airport when Yar'Adua was dying and could not talk?

That's not correct, not correct at all. It is only the C-in-C that command troops. Pleasem check your facts well next time. You may have said he could order them from Brazil. But staying back would have put every other person on their toes.

Turahi did, and that was because GEJ lost control of the situation. Just as he has seemingly lost control of the situation now too.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 21, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Abeg Mr presisent gbenu osi sohun jo,you did and you know it
Could you remove that image,please?! It is too graphic in nature.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 21, 2012
mbhs139:

No one said just saying STOP will end the menace of BH, what we are saying is showing the right attitude ... and let it be seen in action and attitude.

'will still be having ... for the next eighteen months ...'? in a country with a Government? Is that a wish or a fact coming from someone who has the fact? And you think that doesn't call for urgent attention that deserves the Presidential attention?

The national security adviser, a retired four star general pointed to the direction he thinks the BH people are, but mr president said he was merely airing his opinion. Whose opinion would have been more compelling or accurate ... that a nobel laureate wole soyinka?

My brother/sister, drop sentiments. see issues the way they are. thanks for the rejoinder anyway. God bless you.

Could you please elaborate on what you meant by right attitude? Soyinka's dexterity does not extend to security matters. You can't interpret Rtd Gen Azazi words to suit your predetermined position. Security details of Boko haram's nature can not have factual analysis in the open and on the pages of newspaper, a piece as of necessity must still be missing.

yeah it could be more than eighteen months. History has shown no country fully recovered from home grown terrorism.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by OneNaira6: 12:32am On Jun 21, 2012
kkk17: now i see that no matter what GEJ does, he will still be wrong. Global summit, that was arranged months ago, to address issues of global warming climate change etc, or is west africa not suffering from drought as a result of which? Core north in Nigeria has not seen enough rain, all these result to food crisis. most if not all countries are in attendance of that summit. Stupid boko haram wanting attention as usual thought they could stop GEJ from attending. Well, they failed woefully. Their sponsors need to device new means. The blood of the ppl they kill will follow them.

I fear this people would stress that man to death. What else did they want him to do? Did he not send army troops to north? Did he not shed tears for those that died? I would like to know how GEJ presence in Nigeria would affect the situation or change the outcome of what is happening. Is he God? BH would stop simply because GEJ was in Nigeria or the fact the retaliation would stop simply the fact he was in Nigeria? or do they want him to pick a gun, swords and bombs and go up there and fight. The man went to a summit meant to teach things in which can help change the outcome of poverty, food shortage, etc which last time I checked is impacting nigeria alot and whom knows he might actually get an input on how to deal with the terrorist from other attendees from the summit possibly even get allies that might help fight them but mba Nigerians no go gree. As you said, if he didn't attend, they would condemn him. If him attend, they would condemn him. Nigerians are fools, just fools.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 21, 2012
mbhs139:

That's not correct, not correct at all. It is only the C-in-C that command troops. Pleasem check your facts well next time. You may have said he could order them from Brazil. But staying back would have put every other person on their toes.

Turahi did, and that was because GEJ lost control of the situation. Just as he has seemingly lost control of the situation now too.

why not quote the relevant sections of the constitution to back your claim? You are wrong!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by segun2012: 12:33am On Jun 21, 2012
i hope BH will one day think that it's a fight that should be taken to the Aso Rock and stop killing innocent citizen. Then i will see Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω d man dat has no shoes will now travel outside Nigeria for a conference. Mtcheew!!! sad
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:
Could you please elaborate on what you meant by right attitude? Soyinka's dexterity does not extend to security matters. You can't interpret Rtd Gen Azazi words to suit your predetermined position. Security details of Boko haram's nature can not have factual analysis in the open and on the pages of newspaper, a piece as of necessity must still be missing.

yeah it could be more than eighteen months. History has shown no country fully recovered from home grown terrorism.

The UK recovered from the IRA.. Your analogy is wrong again!!

What do you support incompetence? You're too educated, and articulate for this, brother...

Leave that to Beaf, and Jmaine...

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by BetaThings: 12:39am On Jun 21, 2012
Mallamabdul: Anybody who read this piece thoroughly and still says rubbish is devilish and will be visited with the same measure when confronted with leadership in any capacity. This event had long been scheduled even before the Kaduna riots started. So you all want him to stay back and attend to Kaduna riots when all his colleagues are in Rio for a world summit? So if Gej abandons the all important gathering of World leaders, would that be an end to the Boko haram attacks? I am from the North central, but I must admit that this govt has been unfairly treated by the core North. All these attacks are geared towards discrediting this administration so when I see people criticize Gej for these insecurity, i feel very sad. How can any sane mind advice Gej not to be at the world summit? If he fails to go, he would have fulfilled the desires of his enemies who want the World to see Nigeria as as a war torn country. They have failed and would fail again. L
Scheduled? Do you know that weddings are long-scheduled but are cancelled when a family is bereaved
That is sane mind
Let me ask, suppose there is earthquake in the host country and efforts are directed at rescuing people, will they have to host this long-scheduled event
A president is president because the welfare of his people comes first
The day he forgets that, he begins to lose popularity
Tell him

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 21, 2012
mbhs139:

it is you that shouls stop deceiving yourself. Is the summit so important than the lives of fellow country men that the President can not send delegates to the place? You see, President GEJ always miss every opportunity to warm himself into the heart of Nigerians with the way he goes about somethings sometimes.

Now, please answer this question, if the President were to be asked how is Nigeria, or if he were to mount the podium and give a report about Nigeria, and like Abati said, that it is for the good of the country ... and could only mean trying to woo investors to the country, what will he tell them about Nigeria?

Will he say Nigeria is fine ... everything is under control ... we are ontop of the situation ...infact, I had already condemned the killings of poor Nigerians ... and handed everything to God's hand ... read psalm 91 ... and sued for peace? Are these the type of reports that brings investors into a country? We aren't talking about ground nut sellers here, we are talking about institutionalise people who have a minute-by-minute security report of our country at hand. You know what, they will just look at our president, shake their heads and feel sorry for him and more sorry for us, because every word that is going to come out of Mr. President's mouth on that podium would be nothing short of lies-upon-lies.

However, we would have been saved of the embarrasement of a liying president if he had send his apologies, telling the world leaders that, 'look, I've got to fix my house'. As a reminder, you will recall there was a riot in a part of London last August. Incase you may not be aware, David Cameron, the UK Prime Minister, had to cut short his trip (I can't remember whether it was a conference or he was on holiday somewhere) to come and attend to the matter on ground. That was just a riot, a one-off that can't be compared to our ever recurring bombing of churches in the third suunday running.

I beg, enough.

GBAM!!

GEJ will go down as the worst President in Nigeria's history.. I thought no one could be worse than IBB - but GEJ proved me wrong...

The guy took incompetence to the next level.. sad
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Mekusnwa: 12:43am On Jun 21, 2012
Lol. These are the Lamentations of Boko haram agents who wanted to create the false impression that Nigeria is in crisis causing the president to abandon an international summit. This was their grand plan, to stop the president. But we have a wise president who sees thru all their antics. So off he went to Brasil to the utter disappointment of these haters. they have turned to Nairaland for consolation so I'm nt surprised. if the President comes back, he will resume from where Sambo stopped. Already, he had held due consultations with the Senate and all relevant security agencies before he left. He handed over his supervisory role to Sambo, whom we all voted and who hails from the troubled Kafuna state, to supervise his instructions on Kafuna, the Vp's home state. Those calling for Gej to be present are totally ignorant of these facts. They do not also have an dea of how govt works.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 21, 2012
Like I said yesterday, any commander who leaves his army during the heat of a war - isn't worth the position.. He might as well surrender to Boko Haram, or resign his post..

A commander-in-chief is the person exercising supreme command authority of a nation's military forces or significant element of those forces. In the latter case, the force element may be defined as those forces within a particular region or those forces which are associated by function....
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 12:46am On Jun 21, 2012
One_Naira:

I fear this people would stress that man to death. What else did they want him to do? Did he not send army troops to north? Did he not shed tears for those that died? I would like to know how GEJ presence in Nigeria would affect the situation or change the outcome of what is happening. Is he God? BH would stop simply because GEJ was in Nigeria or the fact the retaliation would stop simply the fact he was in Nigeria? or do they want him to pick a gun, swords and bombs and go up there and fight. The man went to a summit meant to teach things in which can help change the outcome of poverty, food shortage, etc which last time I checked is impacting nigeria alot and whom knows he might actually get an input on how to deal with the terrorist from other attendees from the summit possibly even get allies that might help fight them but mba Nigerians no go gree. As you said, if he didn't attend, they would condemn him. If him attend, they would condemn him. Nigerians are fools, just fools.
you are sick.jacob zuma isnt attending,john atta mills isnt attending,micheal sata isnt attending,yaya boni isnt attending.i dont see how their countries lose from a meaningless summit where delegates hole up in five star hotels eating lobster and drinking caviar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo : Remi Tinubu Campaigns With Semovita.... / Aisha Buhari's Historic USA Visit Watch - Live Thread / Photos From Southern Governors' Wives Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.