Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,042 members, 7,956,881 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan (13744 Views)

Why I Didn’t Abandon Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan – Fayose / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Geophem(m): 8:25am On Jun 21, 2012
they are always on top of the situation!! [/quote]
Dis Guy:
wn dem go face d situation
they are always on top of the situation!!
Dis Guy:

they are always on top of the situation!!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Reptyle(m): 8:25am On Jun 21, 2012
DTaj: Our support for the President should never have been the main pivot for this sort of discussion. Rather, we should take a dispassionate view of the propriety of his visit to Brazil.

Whether we like the President or not is irrelevant in this matter. My view is that the President was wrong to have embarked on the trip when he was well aware of the senseless killings on Sunday. The flippant press statement issued by Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku's arrogant and obviously insensitive comment after the FEC meeting of yesterday made the matter worse for the image of the President.

This was an Earth Summit (not even the UN General Assembly) that the VP and/or Minister of the Environment could have easily attended on his behalf, for the sake of humanity!

There are a legion of examples where responsible world leaders have either had to entirely cancel trips, rush back home, or send representatives to more important meetings, conferences, and other forms of official visits on account of fundamentally critical issues plaguing their citizens. Please check this inexhaustive list:

1. April 2010: President Hu Jintao of China cut short his tour of Latin America and returned home after an earthquake in Western China.

2. April 2012: President Salva Kiir of South Sudan returned home early from his visit to China, due to the tension along the border of South Sudan and Sudan border.

3. July 2011: British Prime Minister David Cameron cut short a trade tour to some African countries and returned home owing to a phone-hacking scandal (Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.).

4. June 2012: President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner of Argentina cut her international trip and returned to Buenos Aires to monitor the teamster's strike. She even had to meet with her cabinet almost straight from the airport, after landing at 9:00 pm!

5. April 2012: Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu cut short an official trip to China because of Syrian border fire after Syrian forces fired shots into a refugee camp across the border wounding 4 Syrians and 2 Turkish staff at a refugee camp!

6. Sept. 2011: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani of Pakistan cancelled his official visit to the US, where he was to address the UN General Assembly to oversee flood relief operations! He rather asked the Foreign Minister, Hina Rabbani Khar, to represent him and address the entire UN Assembly!!!

7. Nov. 2011: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton cancelled a 'well-prepared for' official trip to London and Istanbul to be with her ailing 92-year old mother! She was scheduled to join Presidents, Prime Ministers and other officials from 60 countries in London, along with internet pioneers Google, Facebook and Microsoft as well as Chinese technology firms, to discuss cyber security. And she cancelled this!!!

In the 7 examples I stated above, these leaders had Deputies, Military Heads, Police Heads, Ministers of Interior, Environment, Water, etc, but they decided to stay back to face their various issues at home!!!

My little piece...

+100
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 21, 2012
nagoma: It's only when you violate natural selection that a shoeless child grows up to be crowned as the leader. Selective deprevation has some implication of reduced fitness to survive and genetic weakness. This weakness ( technically incompetence) is obscured from the favored but incompetent specie selected and transferred to the genum, the order and the phylum. A single persons genetic weakness can be transformed into severe deficiency for a nation and can make the difference between a nation's survival or it's destruction. This is just my theory.

hard truth right there.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 21, 2012
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by shaneroberts26: 8:41am On Jun 21, 2012
It beats me to kno dat u guys even get tym dey stress una selvs 4 dis ish.Wot difference could he hav made if he had stayd baq?Wasnt he here wen dia was series of bom blasts ol ova d place and wot did he do aftermaf?On top of d situation in deed.Please dzis is bcomin mor of a cliche dis dayz and now sounds boring so fin anoda abeg.Una even dey talk lyk say we bin get Presidnt.Do we really hav one?(crosses d main road to buy okpa)
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by chiama1: 8:44am On Jun 21, 2012
God have mercy...what kind of man is this GEJ sef, can somebody really be this slow in reasoning? :'Hai!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by shineeye1: 8:56am On Jun 21, 2012
nagoma: It's only when you violate natural selection that a shoeless child grows up to be crowned as the leader. Selective deprevation has some implication of reduced fitness to survive and genetic weakness. This weakness ( technically incompetence) is obscured from the favored but incompetent specie selected and transferred to the genum, the order and the phylum. A single persons genetic weakness can be transformed into severe deficiency for a nation and can make the difference between a nation's survival or it's destruction. This is just my theory.

Arrant rubbish! Are you one of those arrogant fools who believe that only those born great can be used by God to do great things?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by ogochukwunasa1: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2012

too much book.
Dis guy is insane
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by kaeto(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2012
aweaweawe: may dis our leaders think say we be fool,can't dy just remove this man,he sucks.
Vote 4 B.R.F as president(2015).
NEVER!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by ifyegede(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2012
Wat is more imporatnt to a president at a time such as dis if not the safety and security of the citizens? Did he swear oath to secure lives and properties of Nigerians or did he swear an oath to attend all conferences abroad irrespective of wat is happening in his home soil? A clear case of misplaced priorities. Beaf and his ilks wud spew trash in support of him as usual.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:20am On Jun 21, 2012
ifyegede: Wat is more imporatnt to a president at a time such as dis if not the safety and security of the citizens? Did he swear oath to secure lives and properties of Nigerians or did he swear an oath to attend all conferences abroad irrespective of wat is happening in his home soil? A clear case of misplaced priorities. Beaf and his ilks wud spew trash in support of him as usual.

Abati is very Foolish. he thinks Nigerians are fools.
It isn ta must the president has to go, a delegation can be sent on his behalf however because of the esta codes they will all receive they have refused to allow their brain to work all for their selfish interests.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by bakila: 9:51am On Jun 21, 2012
Demdem:

Abati is very Foolish. he thinks Nigerians are fools.
It isn ta must the president has to go, a delegation can be sent on his behalf however because of the esta codes they will all receive they have refused to allow their brain to work all for their selfish interests.

Or the scheduled meeting with persons laundaring money for Peshiens, may be the new stlye of laundaring money is through the wife since all attention will be on the office holder husband.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 21, 2012
H$LBroker:
If your children and wife are among those bombed, King Jona ll u have time for a conference meeting?
If madam patience is among those bombed, King Jona will go no where, this is certain. King Jona is less concerned about Nigerians. Nigerians are dieing in the North, Christains are dieing in the North, Help us oh Lord, Help oh Lord.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by deathmen12: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2012
STOP ALL THIS CRITICISM... GOODLUCK ALONE CAN NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF THIS SO CALLED COUNTRY, NORTHERS LEADERS ARE JUST WICKED... BUT BELIEVE ME, THERE CAN NEVER BE PEACE IN THIS COUNTRY AGAIN ACCEPT GOD.. NOT EVEN WHEN NORTHERS TAKE OVER POWER AGAIN.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by y2kaustin(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2012
Evame: I PITY MY COUNTRY
...... Wat have u done,in ur own capacity.For the country not to be pitied?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by greaterlove(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2012
Its like there is nothing jona will do that he won't be criticized. He cry, wahala, he laugh, wahala, he travel wahala, he no travel wahala,he send condolence wahala, he no send condolence wahala. Pls all this is getting boring. Its so easy to criticize, its so easy to open our mouth and rant all sorts. What really do we want? Federal government should stop all its activities? What will his presence in naija do now after briefinf the security agents and delegating duties? Do u want him to go to those places with guns to fight the boko boys himself? We will be the same people to criticize him again that he can't handle two or more things at a time. Opposing the government is good but now its becoming childish.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by londoner: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2012
So, really, what people are saying is that GEJ should never leave the country.

There are bombings and explosions practically every week now. This bomb was one of a series that have been going on since he became acting president was it not?

I understand the need for the president to be around and release apologies etc when these things happen, but when he went to the crash site of Dana and even cried tears, did it make any difference to the criticisms of people here?

Did Nigerians here not still see fit to criticise him in it?

Not only was he in the country, but he actually went to the site and his wife visited with those who lost loved ones. I am not saying he should have gone to Brasil, but I am also not fooled that it would make any difference to Nigerians here, because whatever he does or does not do......they have set themselves to criticise him.

I also feel it is important that Boko Horam do not dictate the affairs of Nigeria through the back door.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by opee1231(f): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2012
I'm sure Jona is already sick of the situation, dts y he hand over d country to God...they are always on top d situation...may God help us.hmmmm
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by londoner: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2012
DTaj: Our support for the President should never have been the main pivot for this sort of discussion. Rather, we should take a dispassionate view of the propriety of his visit to Brazil.

Whether we like the President or not is irrelevant in this matter. My view is that the President was wrong to have embarked on the trip when he was well aware of the senseless killings on Sunday. The flippant press statement issued by Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku's arrogant and obviously insensitive comment after the FEC meeting of yesterday made the matter worse for the image of the President.

This was an Earth Summit (not even the UN General Assembly) that the VP and/or Minister of the Environment could have easily attended on his behalf, for the sake of humanity!

There are a legion of examples where responsible world leaders have either had to entirely cancel trips, rush back home, or send representatives to more important meetings, conferences, and other forms of official visits on account of fundamentally critical issues plaguing their citizens. Please check this inexhaustive list:

1. April 2010: President Hu Jintao of China cut short his tour of Latin America and returned home after an earthquake in Western China.

2. April 2012: President Salva Kiir of South Sudan returned home early from his visit to China, due to the tension along the border of South Sudan and Sudan border. - we know the background to this an South Sudan was a newly formed country

3. July 2011: British Prime Minister David Cameron cut short a trade tour to some African countries and returned home owing to a phone-hacking scandal (Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.).David Cameron returned home because this scandal was about to expose his friends. We now know he was personally linked to a few people who were about to feel the heat.

4. June 2012: President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner of Argentina cut her international trip and returned to Buenos Aires to monitor the teamster's strike. She even had to meet with her cabinet almost straight from the airport, after landing at 9:00 pm!

5. April 2012: Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu cut short an official trip to China because of Syrian border fire after Syrian forces fired shots into a refugee camp across the border wounding 4 Syrians and 2 Turkish staff at a refugee camp!

6. Sept. 2011: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani of Pakistan cancelled his official visit to the US, where he was to address the UN General Assembly to oversee flood relief operations! He rather asked the Foreign Minister, Hina Rabbani Khar, to represent him and address the entire UN Assembly!!! - Can I ask what the reason for this was?

7. Nov. 2011: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton cancelled a 'well-prepared for' official trip to London and Istanbul to be with her ailing 92-year old mother! She was scheduled to join Presidents, Prime Ministers and other officials from 60 countries in London, along with internet pioneers Google, Facebook and Microsoft as well as Chinese technology firms, to discuss cyber security. And she cancelled this!!! - This was for personal reasons and not because of anything to do with the US, in fact she obviously put her personal needs above that of the US (understandably)

In the 7 examples I stated above, these leaders had Deputies, Military Heads, Police Heads, Ministers of Interior, Environment, Water, etc, but they decided to stay back to face their various issues at home!!!

My little piece...

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by kaeto(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

WTF is global warming? shocked grin grin

Another fraud to rip people off.. If they care about global warming that much, they would have stopped gas flaring...

How old are you again?? You sound like my 12years old sister.
you are the biggest existing FOOL on planet earth. I am an expert in this field of study n will beyond every reasonable doubt show how bigotry has made u a deranged 'acn' sycophant. You punks will never get it, these are the said learned punks from yorobland with the said highest level of education in nigeria,what a pity! Why our universities rank high in dumbness . Your arid skull is evidence enough there is global warming. Imbalance in ebb n flow of seas + desertification of the north, scanty rain falls, sharp temperature as seen on world temp slope etc. Stop deluding ur emptiness calling that wise post a '12year(s)' old. Chei,yorobland graduates,na wa oh. These are the sleepwalking zombie acn foot soldiers!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2012
Mandelaguy: @ sisi- kill. Once again, you have demonstrated your profound ignorance of governance, international relations and gas flaring. It's rather pitiable that you chose such a public platform as Nairaland to show it. In governance, you don't play into the hands of your enemies by doing their biddings. Those who went to throw bombs at innocent xtain worshippers in Zaria sought to destabilize this govt and you don't help them actualise it by staying away from such a global summit. Doesn't it occur to your narrow mind that these detractors would have been happier if Gej missed the summit on account of these politically motivated attacks. They would have still turned around to castigate the President for being unable to attend such a summit because of Boko Haram. The question is, what extra security measure does Gej need to take that must require his physical presence? This argument for his presence would have been tenable, if it was in the 60's when information communication Technology had not really reached an advanced stage. President Obama was in the White house and was co ordinating the attack on Osama Bin Laden at Pakistan. These days, one can even hve meetings thru Skype. So why would Gej stay put in Aso rock and fail to honour a commitment he made months back to attend the summit? Have you really considered the consequences of his absence on our international relations? You even went as far as attacking the President for gas flaring as if it started today. And you may not want to knw that govt has taken all forms of sanctions against gas flaring including imposing heavy taxes and giving them a deadline upon which they are to lay proper infrastructure for the utilization of gas flaring. Maybe in your shallow mind, Gas flaring is something that you can just extinguish overnight by erecting chimneys.

You could have started by regaling us with stories of how this environmental summit truly is to Nigerians than the current fires all over the place in the country today. But Instead you proceed to reveal to us your level of ignorance you yourself are working with. I won't touch on that much, however, I should let you know that some of those still ABSENT FROM THE SUMMIT are the US president, Obama himself.

While Hollande, Russian leader Vladimir Putin and China's Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao are among more than 100 leaders expected in Rio, there are high-level absentees: U.S. President Barack Obama, Britain's David Cameron and German leader Angela Merkel are all no-shows, adding to a subdued atmosphere that the action taken in Rio isn't getting the global spotlight.

http://www.thereporter.com/news/ci_20906303/u-n-environmental-summit-rio-20-kicks-off

As Europe’s debt crisis rages, with the focus turning to parliamentary elections today in Greece, many world leaders are skipping the Rio+20 environmental conference that’s being billed as the biggest gathering in the UN’s history, drawing more than 50,000 delegates.

International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde, U.S. President Barack Obama, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and UK Prime Minister David Cameron are among those who are skipping the Rio summit even after Brazil changed the conference dates to coincide with the end of Group of 20 leaders’ summit all are attending this week in Mexico.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-17/brazil-gives-poor-countries-free-ride-to-rio-climate-conference.html

Can you guess that those missing are some of those dealing with issues back home, issues not as terrible as the massacre we have in Nigeria today with people being blown up all over the place? And can you now guess what the absent leaders consider priority in this case? Let's take the US for example,Obama is dealing with the Economic situation in America. He attended the Economic summit which applies but he skipped out on the environmental summit because he knows his people don't consider that should be anywhere top of the agenda this year. You take the barometer on America, and you know that top on the peoples mind is the Economy, and this seems what even the Government is focused on as well.

Here is something else to read up on . .http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0620/Economy-casts-shadow-on-Rio-20-environmental-summit

Before rambling on, and calling other's ignorant, at least ensure your pitiable self UNDERSTANDS something at least. The Environmental summits are still just photo-op moments for the vast majority of countries that attend each year, especially countries like Nigeria. Many of the developing countries are themselves not involved seriously involved in any of the decision making. So quit the babbling!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2012
OAM4J: President Goodluck Jonathan Wednesday responded to strident criticisms from Nigerians over his decision to travel to Brasil while crises were raging on in Yobe and Kaduna states saying that he did not abandoned his responsibility.

The decision by president Jonathan to travel to Brasil while churches were being bombed in Kaduna state has attracted criticism from a cross section of Nigerians with the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria accusing him of insensitivity.

[b]But in a statement issued from Brazil, the Special Adviser to the President on Communications, Reuben Abati said before leaving for the United Nation’s Earth Summit Rio+20 in Brazil, the president met with security chiefs and he was confident that security agencies were on top of the situation before his departure Tuesday.

Brazilian natives dance during the People's Summit in Rio de Janeiro, on June 19, 2012, (Inset) President Jonathan

According to Dr. Abati, the president needed to attend the conference because of its importance to Nigeria and because commitments had already been made on his attendance.

The Special Adviser noted that “The conference, Rio+20, is very important and nobody can doubt that.

The issues that will be discussed at this conference are also issues that are relevant to Nigeria’s interest. It is also an opportunity for Nigeria to promote its interest in terms of its place in global community.

“The crisis in Kaduna and Yobe occurred almost on the eve of the President’s departure for this event and commitments have been made.

“In any event, it is not as if government has abandoned the situation at home. Security agencies are there, they are on top of the situation.

“Before the President left, he met with security chiefs. The business of leadership cannot just stop because there is a crisis there.[/b]

“I think what we can do is to appeal to the opposition not to always play politics with everything; that is the major challenge we face, people always want to play politics with everything.

“If the President had refused to come to Rio, the same persons will turn around and say that there is an important conference attended by world leaders and the Nigerian President stayed away from it.

“It is as if there is nothing you can do to please our people. It is not that Nigeria is going to lose anything by Mr. President’s presence here rather, the country is going to gain a lot from his presence here.

“He is here serving the interest of Nigerians, it is not as if he has abandoned his responsibilities” he pointed out.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/i-did-not-abandon-my-responsibility-jonathan-speaks/

U know, A MOTHER HEN ONCE ASKED ITS CHICK, "HOW MANY TIMES WOULD SOMETHING HAPPEN TO IT BEFORE IT LEARNS". Men am just SPEECHLESS! My people does the bolded make sense?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2012
obedoracoid: we all know that there are detractors to GEJ's administration. We should shun sentiments. The boko haram menance shldnt stop d country from moving forward. These perpetrators are our brothers and are living amongst us, we shld report them if we want peace. Govt cannot do magic. I applaud GEJ for his travel, security operatives are on top if and only if we d citizenry ll co-operate with them. The situation shld be everybody's concern if we want peace lest the oppositions who ve caved their niche in hullabaloo criticisms and ve vowed to tople GEJ's govt deceive and take hold on d populace.

Are you telling us that the killing of innocent lives,that only a couple of months ago was a somewhat monthly occurrence, but has now become a near weekly occurrence in the Nation, should not concern Nigerians much, because the Country needs to move forward? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Freeanijoo(m): 11:04am On Jun 21, 2012
Gej i take God name beg you, make you no mind haters. If the northern leaders say them no go corporate make we pursue bokoharam comot for we land na im be say them like am like that, we go just learn to leave with am. Or Maybe the solution na watin kaduna youth de do, isreali style kill one of my person 20 of your own go waka, that one go move them to maintain after all Atiku say: 'if we can not accept peaceful change then violence will be inevitable'.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Raphtop(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2012
H$LBroker:
If your children and wife are among those bombed, King Jona ll u have time for a conference meeting?
pls ask him 4 me o..............if na d idiort wey dey blow 'inglis' lyk soyinka die 4 d blast, he go rememba any confrens?

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 21, 2012
nagoma: It's only when you violate natural selection that a shoeless child grows up to be crowned as the leader. Selective deprevation has some implication of reduced fitness to survive and genetic weakness. This weakness ( technically incompetence) is obscured from the favored but incompetent specie, can be selected and transferred to the genum, the order and the phylum. A single persons genetic weakness can be transformed into severe deficiency for a nation and can make the difference between a nation's survival or it's destruction. This is just my theory.
This kinda mentality should be shown the way out of the country! It is still the same mentality that is causing troubles in the nation, like the Northerners think they are born to rule. Nonsense!

When white people say somebody like you is inferior you would quickly cry of racial discrimination and other foul play. Please, spare us your silly assertion and go to sleep in your primitive cave dude!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by crackhouse(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2012
aweaweawe: may dis our leaders think say we be fool,can't dy just remove this man,he sucks.
Vote 4 B.R.F as president(2015).
shut up there! Vote for who?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Spicyhawt: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2012
[quote author=Kobojunkie]

You could have started by regaling us with stories of how this environmental summit truly is to Nigerians than the current fires all over the place in the country today. But Instead you proceed to reveal to us your level of ignorance you yourself are working with. I won't touch on that much, however, I should let you know that some of those still ABSENT FROM THE SUMMIT are the US president, Obama himself.

Thank you ooo...if he comes back with ideas for the environment which people will be available to enjoy it when they are being buchtered,I presume its for the DEAD smh!!,may God Give us a president who has wisdom...
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by SisiKill1: 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
Mandelaguy: @ sisi- kill. Once again, you have demonstrated your profound ignorance of governance, international relations and gas flaring. It's rather pitiable that you chose such a public platform as Nairaland to show it. In governance, you don't play into the hands of your enemies by doing their biddings. Those who went to throw bombs at innocent xtain worshippers in Zaria sought to destabilize this govt and you don't help them actualise it by staying away from such a global summit. Doesn't it occur to your narrow mind that these detractors would have been happier if Gej missed the summit on account of these politically motivated attacks. They would have still turned around to castigate the President for being unable to attend such a summit because of Boko Haram. The question is, what extra security measure does Gej need to take that must require his physical presence? This argument for his presence would have been tenable, if it was in the 60's when information communication Technology had not really reached an advanced stage. President Obama was in the White house and was co ordinating the attack on Osama Bin Laden at Pakistan. These days, one can even hve meetings thru Skype. So why would Gej stay put in Aso rock and fail to honour a commitment he made months back to attend the summit? Have you really considered the consequences of his absence on our international relations? You even went as far as attacking the President for gas flaring as if it started today. And you may not want to knw that govt has taken all forms of sanctions against gas flaring including imposing heavy taxes and giving them a deadline upon which they are to lay proper infrastructure for the utilization of gas flaring. Maybe in your shallow mind, Gas flaring is something that you can just extinguish overnight by erecting chimneys.

Gas flaring? International Relations?

What the. . .what?

Dude are you sure you are ok? I think your reading glasses are in dire need of replacement because they are obviously failing you.

Go back and read my comment. . . .slowly this time. . . it is obvious your brain takes longer than normal to process whatever you read. When you are done, come back and we will discuss who is ignorant (hint: it's you. . .who can't tell the difference between a quoted comment and the response to a quoted comment. Ijit)

Comparing GEJ to Obama. . .I've heard it all.

Talking about the consequences of not attending a "Let's Go Green " Summit like GEJ 's absence will cause the sun to melt. Whatamoron!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by SisiKill1: 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
Just read the the Brazilian Soccer team canceled their trip to Nigeria because of the bombings. . . Who can blame them? They have seen first hand how utterly useless the president is. . . Leaving his country in the middle of a crisis to go discuss the advantages of paper over plastic. How can they count on someone who cares very little about his people, to guarantee their safety?!

So much for International Relations eh? cheesy cheesy
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by zenoj: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
If d house is on fire n all d family members are at d risk their lives ending n d father of d house has an appointment to catch up with,what should the man do?If he chooses to leave for d appointment,believing that he has sibs taking charge for him,which house will he come back to?Or he chooses to call off d appointment(despite d fact that it's for d family's good),gives d situation d utmost attention till there is a safe n peaceful home to always come back to as appointments can be rescheduled but lives lost can't be brought back.Is he really a father of a home? I doubt it cos his choices are ridiculous!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“I remain a member of APC” Sen Tejuoso denounces reports stating he joined PDP / Osinbajo To Represent Nigeria At Mugabe’s State Funeral Saturday / Sanwo-Olu And Hamzat Receive Certificates Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.