Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Do Dreams Tell The Future? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Dreams Tell The Future? (14250 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / COZA Members Ask Pastor Biodun To Tell The Truth About The Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by KayDee4: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
[size=13pt] I used to have a lot of deja-vu incidents when I was young and it was always strange to me whenever it occurred. I concluded to myself that they were dreams I had when I was asleep which I didn't recall after I woke up. Now when I wake up in the morning, I try as much as possible to remember any dream I had while I was asleep to keep the bad ones from coming back to me as deja vu(s). [/size]
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Personally, dreams have nothing to do with my future. I consider dreams as part of physiological body functions. Even, some medications have vivid dreams as part of their side effects.

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by 10over101: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kay-Dee:
[size=13pt] I used to have a lot of deja-vu incidents when I was young and it was always strange to me whenever it occurred. I concluded to myself that they were dreams I had when I was asleep which I didn't recall after I woke up. Now when I wake up in the morning, I try as much as possible to remember any dream I had while I was asleep to keep the bad ones from coming back to me as deja vu(s). [/size]
wat u mean by deja vu".. Your username sounds like we are name sake "Kay" tinz
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by kensandrea: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
[size=20pt]NOT IN ALL CASES******** SO GUYS NO GO DREAM WATING U DEY TINK KON DEY TINK SAY NA REVELTION LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
Um..i dnt knw o wit d dreams am havng of d future,cars flyng,me flyng,me teleportng,gettng lost in d future and tryng to get to d past.very serious dreamz o,hmm i wonder o!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Willzkid(m): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
After she woke up, a woman told her husband
"I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for valentine's day. what do you think it means?"
"You will know tonight" the husband replied.

That evening, the man came home with a package and gave it to his wife.

Delighted, she opened it- only to find a book entitled:

"The meaning of dreams"
...Lwtmb
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Vismat(f): 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
De-Grace01:

Bros i hv gone through ur post, l want to advise that u try harder to make peace btw u and ur mum ok. u may be right but there must be a smoke b4 this fire. when did all this started, is it when you ( the children) are still kids or wn you bv become adults, just take ur mind bk and see if u can hold anything. if still dont have a gapse let me know for more suggestion ok.
u see why mothers needs the power of God. If a woman has a very strong and a good relationship with God, her children will not later be her enemy. Imagine what she might have undergone in bringing up the children, now they are enemies. Mothers , be prayerful.!

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Fiawest(m): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
Yea dreams are models of future occurrence,I dream dreams n it does happen in real life.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by mekaboy(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
YES THEY DO, I SAW A GIRL IN THE DREAM TRYING TO SEDUCE ME, MY PHONE RANG AND WOKE ME UP AND I ESCAPED. FEW HOURS INTO THE DAY, I GOT A FRIEND REQUEST ON FACEBOOK FROM THE SAME GIRL I SAW IN THE DREAM. shocked shocked
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by soledadd: 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
To me dream means nothing.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
De-Grace01:

Bros i hv gone through ur post, l want to advise that u try harder to make peace btw u and ur mum ok. u may be right but there must be a smoke b4 this fire. when did all this started, is it when you ( the children) are still kids or wn you bv become adults, just take ur mind bk and see if u can hold anything. if still dont have a gapse let me know for more suggestion ok.

First and foremost, I'm not a bros grin

She started hating her oldest, my senior brother, when he was around 8 years old because he loved grandma more than her undecided Since then, she has wished him ill. You should see the boy now (in his 50s) - you will cry for him. I suppose she started hating the rest of us when dad decided to take a 2nd wife - how that was our fault, is anyone's guess

Her grandkids in Nigeria cry when my siblings take them round her place. They told my sisters (their mums) that grandma curses them regularly when they are alone with her - they will not amount to anything in life, they will not look after their parents etc etc so grandkids don't go round there anymore.

I could go on and on lipsrsealed
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
Vismat: Imagine what she might have undergone in bringing up the children, now they are enemies.

She tells all of us that she wished when she was in labour, she had closed her legs on our heads and smashed it!!! shocked shocked
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Duxe(f): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
Afraid is catch me o...
Dunno y i looked through this thread @ this time! What with all the bizzare dreams n 'testimonies'!

I pray i don't 'dream' about this topic n the responses this night! Amen!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
Duxe: Afraid is catch me o...
Dunno y i looked through this thread @ this time! What with all the bizzare dreams n 'testimonies'!

Before you sleep tonight, "I reject all bad and satanic dreams in the name of Jesus. "
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Duxe(f): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

She tells all of us that she wished when she was in labour, she had closed her legs on her heads and smashed it!!! shocked shocked

Lawd have mercy!!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
Duxe:

Lawd have mercy!!

Amen smiley
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Duxe(f): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

Before you sleep tonight, "I reject all bad and satanic dreams in the name of Jesus. "

AMEEEN!! N i wish u well 2! I seriously dunno wat 2 make of ur story..but i pray God gives u the grace 2 pull through!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
Duxe:

AMEEEN!! N i wish u well 2! I seriously dunno wat 2 make of ur story..but i pray God gives u the grace 2 pull through!

Thanks my sister. I have become a prayer warrior grin
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
@omo alata,you and your siblings should be very prayerful,cos its not normal for a mother to hate her children.there may be more to it.
@poster even when you dont remember your dreams,just prayerfully reject the negative ones and accept the positive ones.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

She tells all of us that she wished when she was in labour, she had closed her legs on our heads and smashed it!!! shocked shocked
This kain mama ehn, e get as e be o. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

But wait ooo, why is ur username omo alata?
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by bright007(f): 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
[b]hmmm....before I became born again,I had many dreams but were just product of my daily activities and somehow my spiritual status.I say this because,before my conversion,I dreamt many times of eating in d dream,being pursued by armed masquerade,trying to run in d dream because of fear but cannot move from å particular spot etc.but when I became born again,everything changed.I would see myself praying in d dreams...I would see all sorts of creatures like humans with no flesh,some with two head or some with very abnormal features and I will not be afraid...I would see them pointing their fingers at me as if accusing me of tormenting them...
Later my dreams metamorphosed into another dimension...I started seeing things that would happen in d future especially those that has to do with people around me...I would see things in my dream and the meaning or message in d dream will be very clear...I even prevented a brother in d church from making å grave mistake when I told him of an impending accident if he travelled home for a wedding ceremony with friends...He obeyed and later reported how those dat went died in ån auto crash on their way back from d ceremony....So I will say dreams are very good means of communication between u and ur creator.But the only way to activate this relationship is by becoming aware of your spiritual life..check your life..change your ways and one of the first thing u will notice when u become born again is that your dreams will change.
But I will like to add that,we shouldn't pay much importance to dreams..or better still don't sleep on your dreams..if u do,u will start linking ur dreams to ur daily activities and then u start making wrong judgement about your dreams.Just note your dreams and pray about them.[/b]
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by 10over101: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
Duxe: Afraid is catch me o...

Haabaa! Take it easy..funny tinz happen across the globe...Lots of miseries about this life ..millions of questions without definite answers..I like ur personal text.."Live n let live"
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Dude, I like people who act on their dreams. When I mean dream, it is the ability to bring to reality what one has envisioned about what his life going to look like and work toward it. Not the night sleep in the fickle of stimulating the brain and wake up from a dusty recession to a failure to understand it is part of your working innards to keep the body going.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by swaggrbabe: 8:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
My frnd had a dream dat her guys ex galfrnd whom born a child for him was cooking somtin and warning her seriously in her dream.she prayed midnite prayers for it. And wen she went to visit her guy nd he went to work in d morn her guys frnd beat her up and tried to rape her but she fought him alone and was victorious. Nw dey frnd was beaten up by ds her guy in return and he kept crying dat he did nt kw wat came over him.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by DeGrace01(m): 8:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

First and foremost, I'm not a bros grin

She started hating her oldest, my senior brother, when he was around 8 years old because he loved grandma more than her undecided Since then, she has wished him ill. You should see the boy now (in his 50s) - you will cry for him. I suppose she started hating the rest of us when dad decided to take a 2nd wife - how that was our fault, is anyone's guess

Her grandkids in Nigeria cry when my siblings take them round her place. They told my sisters (their mums) that grandma curses them regularly when they are alone with her - they will not amount to anything in life, they will not look after their parents etc etc so grandkids don't go round there anymore.

I could go on and on lipsrsealed

Please pardon me for calling u bros my big sister ok, it was a mistake.
Now i can see that what u pple suffer in the hand of your mum is not as a result of any offend u committed against her, but pls i may like to know the efforts u pple had made to call her to order, i mean you her children hv u try to resolve this issue wt her, if yes what was her position in the peace adventure? pls try to understand me i just feel concerned and will like to help out by God's grace.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Clemzy16(m): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
Yes i do believe dreams tell alot about the future. No proof though.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by vislabraye(m): 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
Dreams do more than telling the future. Some times they are coded and require interpretation. The fact it happened a lot in Old t doesnt negate that it cant happen in this day and age.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
vislabraye: Dreams do more than telling the future. Some times they are coded and require interpretation. The fact it happened a lot in Old t doesnt negate that it cant happen in this day and age.
What are the real life evidences to your claims?
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
moroh:
But wait ooo, why is ur username omo alata?

My husband is a Ghanaian and the Ghanaians, for God knows what reason, call Nigerians Omo alata or mami alata grin
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Dsage1: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

All of us have no idea what we've done to offend her. I have 3 siblings living in Lagos, they have moved house and not given mum their new addresses (they say they are hiding their heads and I can't say I blame them). If mum is not careful, she will die a lonely woman. Sometimes I wonder why she decided to have children

If she asks for £20 and you give her £10, she will hold her boobs and private part and cuss shocked No appreciation for the little things. I could go on and on and on.

Anyway, my Lord is bigger than whatever she believes in!!

Really pathetic, but I want you guys to know that your mother is just rigid and not a witch or something else. She just don't like the way you and your siblings were behaved, remember she was the one who brought you to where you are today(mayb I wrong).

Your mum might seems to be wicked to you but at the same time,you have to take/accept her for who she is in order to have peace of mind in which you deserved. I quite understood what you are passing through but you have to take things as it is, perform your responsibility as a daughter and leaves the rest for God. There is nothing impossible for God. Goodluck sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Gospel Song Are You Currently Vibing To? / In Defence Of Logicboy / Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.