Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Do Dreams Tell The Future? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Dreams Tell The Future? (14248 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / COZA Members Ask Pastor Biodun To Tell The Truth About The Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
De-Grace01:

Please pardon me for calling u bros my big sister ok, it was a mistake.
Now i can see that what u pple suffer in the hand of your mum is not as a result of any offend u committed against her, but pls i may like to know the efforts u pple had made to call her to order, i mean you her children hv u try to resolve this issue wt her, if yes what was her position in the peace adventure? pls try to understand me i just feel concerned and will like to help out by God's grace.

My mum is very cunning. When people/family call her and talk to her about the way she is treating her children, she will bow her head, she will be very humble, she will shed tears and promise/vow to change. She will say she'll never curse her children again. Everybody will get up from the meeting happy that the situation has been resolved. After that meeting, mum will harden her heart like the heart of Pharoah and double her curses. If it's not so serious, I will laff grin

My younger sister (mum's last born) will tell mum to her face, "You are a witch" shocked Mum said I will show you who is a witch. A couple of weeks later, my sister's partner threw her out of the house with her child. O pari!!

Since I started my fire prayers, she is confused about me. She called me up one day and asked who I rely on. I told her that I rely on my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ grin
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
D sage:

Your mum might seems to be wicked to you but at the same time,you have to take/accept her for who she is in order to have peace of mind in which you deserved. I quite understood what you are passing through but you have to take things as it is, perform your responsibility as a daughter and leaves the rest for God. There is nothing impossible for God. Goodluck sister.

Thank you. I send her money every month and now, I pray on the money before sending it to her ojare. You never know wink

Any power using my money for evil assignments, loose your hold, in the name of Jesus. Every evil bird swallowing my money, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus. Dat's all grin
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by DeGrace01(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

My mum is very cunning. When people/family call her and talk to her about the way she is treating her children, she will bow her head, she will be very humble, she will shed tears and promise/vow to change. She will say she'll never curse her children again. Everybody will get up from the meeting happy that the situation has been resolved. After that meeting, mum will harden her heart like the heart of Pharoah and double her curses. If it's not so serious, I will laff grin

My younger sister (mum's last born) will tell mum to her face, "You are a witch" shocked Mum said I will show you who is a witch. A couple of weeks later, my sister's partner threw her out of the house with her child. O pari!!

Since I started my fire prayers, she is confused about me. She called me up one day and asked who I rely on. I told her that I rely on my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ grin

Very serious and so pathetic indeed, you know what is not for nothing, pls pls and pls can u do this together wt all your sibllings. i was u pple to embark on a particular kind of prayer. can they?
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

Thank you. I send her money every month and now, I pray on the money before sending it to her ojare. You never know wink

Any power using my money for evil assignments, loose your hold, in the name of Jesus. Every evil bird swallowing my money, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus. Dat's all grin
Nonsense. This is the root cause of the problem. Not until you stop believing in those shiits the psychological fear will keep haunting you.

The truth is that it your case it psychological after seeing few cases of coincidence of what your mother pronounced came through. Indeed, the only solution is to remove your mind from what you believe in as supernaturals because there is no spec of such in existence. Use your brain, please. Use your brain and your will be fine.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2012
De-Grace01:

Very serious and so pathetic indeed, you know what is not for nothing, pls pls and pls can u do this together wt all your sibllings. i was u pple to embark on a particular kind of prayer. can they?

I don't know if they can but I definitely CAN smiley
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Toyrem: 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
[quote author=chivaley]Hi folks. How significant do you think dreams are? Can they tell the future? Are they meant to help us ward off impending doom? Does God warn us through our dreams? Real experiences are welcome as well.[/quote ] well, we have two types of dreams, 1, when you're sleeping which means nothing to your real life, 2, what you dream to become in your life, believe it or not.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
all4naija: Nonsense. This is the root cause of the problem. Not until you stop believing in those shiits the psychological fear will keep haunting you.

No psychological fear anywhere. What I've told you thus far is only the tip of the iceberg. If I begin to delve deep, which I'm not gonna btw, you'll tremble. There are things I have told pastors and they shiver grin
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Vismat(f): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

She tells all of us that she wished when she was in labour, she had closed her legs on our heads and smashed it!!! shocked shocked
something is wrong somewhere, but all the same, honour her,. Remember the bible said it, ;honour thy father and mother. ..........be prayerful
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Jackie26: 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
My younger sis dreamt in July 2010 and witnessed the death of my mother and our youngest sister in that dream by car accident, but later my sister woke up but my mother did not.In December 2010, my mother was travelling in real life and told my yongest sister to carry her bag and walk her to the gate. The bag was a bit heavy so my sister was behind her dragging it along. When my mum got to the gate and tried to cross to road, a bus came from no where and hit her very hard, my sister behind her saw everything. My mum was rushed to the hospital but died later that day. That was the saddest day of our lives. If my younget sister was trying to cross the road with her, both of them would have been dead. My sister that had the dream said she prayed about it butwish she had called our attention to it seriously and if she did, mama would be alive today. Dreams are real. The bad ones warn us to pray against certain plans of the devil and the good ones are to show us things to come.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
On a sad note, I had a dream of myself dying, not long from then I lost my Twin Brother. Although I believe is just a coincidence, I couldn't help but wonder. We had his funeral August 4th, this month. Just had to mention it. This is too hard. cry

http://www.facebook.com/dextersmart
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Vismat: something is wrong somewhere, but all the same, honour her,. Remember the bible said it, ;honour thy father and mother. ..........be prayerful

She is honoured grin
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: On a sad note, I had a dream of myself dying, not long from then I lost my Twin Brother. Although I believe is just a coincidence, I couldn't help but wonder. We had his funeral August 4th, this month. Just had to mention it. cry

Sorry 'bout that. May his soul rest in perfect peace Amen.

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

No psychological fear anywhere. What I've told you thus far is only the tip of the iceberg. If I begin to delve deep, which I'm not gonna btw, you'll tremble. There are things I have told pastors and they shiver grin
You see. It still boils down to psychology. Come on, stop visiting pastor for such cases. I would like you to free your mind of anything and face what your field in life. The pastor will only complicate matters further. Relax your mind there is nothing like supernatural in existence. Not until then, you are going to be acting in the same way as your primitive mother you accused of her inability to see beyond wrongdoings!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
@OP: All I'll say to you is this: from Genesis to Revelation there is no place where God said He would speak to us through dreams. So, you have to be very very careful - because most times dreams are tools of oppression. Bless!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
all4naija: Not until then, you are going to be acting in the same way as your primitive mother you accused of her inability to see beyond wrongdoings!

I pray for my children everyday. Father in the name of Jesus, while I am yet living, I will NEVER bury any of my children in the name of Jesus Amen.

My mother prays the reverse grin
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
And how on earth did a thread about dreams turn into a history of my mother? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by airbender(m): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
Yep..dreams come true, I once had a dream that i was eating a 10ponds BIG MAC BURGER to my suprise when i woke up MY PILLOW WAS GONE! shocked

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Dsage1: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
all4naija: Nonsense. This is the root cause of the problem. Not until you stop believing in those shiits the psychological fear will keep haunting you.

The truth is that it your case it psychological after seeing few cases of coincidence of what your mother pronounced came through. Indeed, the only solution is to remove your mind from what you believe in as supernaturals because there is no spec of such in existence. Use your brain, please. Use your brain and your will be fine.

Exactly what I was about to say. Sister stop thinking that your mother could hurt you in one way or other, it's a sin against God. Once you're covered by the blood of Jesus,there is nothing anybody can do with your life except God permit.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

I pray for my children everyday. Father in the name of Jesus, while I am yet living, I will NEVER bury any of my children in the name of Jesus Amen.

My mother prays the reverse grin
Yet you are still alive all the years! Come on, act up a civilized and exposed human being. Nothing will happen to you until when nature calls. Those instances are just mere coincidences. They are like that in nature, there are coincidences. And, they keep repeating themselves.

So, lighten up and find something useful to yourself and your family rather than going about criticizing your mother who is aged(primitive and indoctrinated). Come on! We are in 21st century - roll like one!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

Sorry 'bout that. May his soul rest in perfect peace Amen.

Thanx very much, I really appreciate it. Consoles in some way.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Vismat(f): 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
eeyah, so so sorry about that, may his gentle soul rest in peace. God will uphold u and give u d strength to move on with life

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by deloon(m): 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
swaggrbabe: My frnd had a dream dat her guys ex galfrnd whom born a child for him was cooking somtin and warning her seriously in her dream.she prayed midnite prayers for it. And wen she went to visit her guy nd he went to work in d morn her guys frnd beat her up and tried to rape her but she fought him alone and was victorious. Nw dey frnd was beaten up by ds her guy in return and he kept crying dat he did nt kw wat came over him.
....okay
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by DeGrace01(m): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

I don't know if they can but I definitely CAN smiley

Ok, but if u can convince them to prayer along with you it will be fantastic. all the same just try to carry them along with u on that prayer. please go into reconcilliatry kind of prayer. No fire fire or back to sender to ur mum just for a week. ask God to forgive her and all of you around her. this situation must have cause alot of enemity so the way out now is total reconcilliation betwwen man and GOD and man to man. just a week before the next week one will continue. pls if u are interested or have any question go ahead and ask me ok.

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by methodman(m): 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
swaggrbabe: My frnd had a dream dat her guys ex galfrnd whom born a child for him was cooking somtin and warning her seriously in her dream.she prayed midnite prayers for it. And wen she went to visit her guy nd he went to work in d morn her guys frnd beat her up and tried to rape her but she fought him alone and was victorious. Nw dey frnd was beaten up by ds her guy in return and he kept crying dat he did nt kw wat came over him.

Ur post is very hard to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by bright007(f): 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
here are few meanings to dream symbols
(1)When å person sees him/herslf or another person unclad in d dream:it is not å good omen.It simply signifys shame.pray about it and avoid any act that might lead to disgrace.
(2)For teenagers/young persons:if u always see urself in d dream and there is violence all around you and whenever this violence occur,u never get hurt but the fear associated with d violence is so great.its å very bad omen tell you that you are not living your life ťĥĕ way u ought to esp when u seem not to be making any move about your future or your mates are leaving u behind in developmental aspects of life.
(3)Wen u see urself consistently wearing strange garment u don't normally wear in real life e.g wearing all black :its å bad dream as well.Its å spiritual covering depicting failure,backwardness,stagnancy.or unproductiveness in whatever u are doing
(3)When u see someone you know in real life in d dream becoming more beautiful than they really are in real life:You need to pray against untimely death for such persons.Becoming more beautiful and living in å cleaner environment than they actually live in real life signifys death in real life.
Another one I will like to add but I think most people know is wen u see urself in ån environment littered with faeces(poo).I have heard people say its means riches but don't know how true.
I will post more...
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
bright007: here are few meanings to dream symbols
(1)When å person sees him/herslf or another person unclad in d dream:it is not å good omen.It simply signifys shame.pray about it and avoid any act that might lead to disgrace.
(2)For teenagers/young persons:if u always see urself in d dream and there is violence all around you and whenever this violence occur,u never get hurt but the fear associated with d violence is so great.its å very bad omen tell you that you are not living your life ťĥĕ way u ought to esp when u seem not to be making any move about your future or your mates are leaving u behind in developmental aspects of life.
(3)Wen u see urself consistently wearing strange garment u don't normally wear in real life e.g wearing all black :its å bad dream as well.Its å spiritual covering depicting failure,backwardness,stagnancy.or unproductiveness in whatever u are doing
(3)When u see someone you know in real life in d dream becoming more beautiful than they really are in real life:You need to pray against untimely death for such persons.Becoming more beautiful and living in å cleaner environment than they actually live in real life signifys death in real life.
Another one I will like to add but I think most people know is wen u see urself in ån environment littered with faeces(poo).I have heard people say its means riches but don't know how true.
I will post more...
Myths of the highest fraud!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by MOBBDEEP: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

All of us have no idea what we've done to offend her. I have 3 siblings living in Lagos, they have moved house and not given mum their new addresses (they say they are hiding their heads and I can't say I blame them). If mum is not careful, she will die a lonely woman. Sometimes I wonder why she decided to have children

If she asks for £20 and you give her £10, she will hold her boobs and private part and cuss shocked No appreciation for the little things. I could go on and on and on.

Anyway, my Lord is bigger than whatever she believes in!!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Dsage1: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
You guys should please stop sharing bad dream/news about dream, its dangerous to the readers as well as scaring. Please 90% of our dreams are what we have heard,seen,feel,touch, perceived or experiences before we sleep. The remaining 10% is future event that God reveal to some people(not all) and it depends on your believes.

To me, any dreams I could remember when I wake up will never come to pass.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by MOBBDEEP: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

All of us have no idea what we've done to offend her. I have 3 siblings living in Lagos, they have moved house and not given mum their new addresses (they say they are hiding their heads and I can't say I blame them). If mum is not careful, she will die a lonely woman. Sometimes I wonder why she decided to have children

If she asks for £20 and you give her £10, she will hold her boobs and private part and cuss shocked No appreciation for the little things. I could go on and on and on.

Anyway, my Lord is bigger than whatever she believes in!!

Aunty !!!, it's sooo sooo sad that when your mum needs you that bad is when you are running away from her.
I can bet my life ( if it was mine anyway ) that your mum has a psychiatric problem.
Can you answer the following questions please :
* Has she been like this since you knew her?
* Looking deeper into her person & personality now, do you think all other things with her are good ?

Instead of using ignorant ( I wish I can use an unabusive term but my diction is not that well polished please ) spirituality to apply Malaria medicines for Meningitis.

It's very common to see people cling errorneously to Spiritual cause when they encounter what is beyond their comprehension.

There's a major pattern to which mental patients usually follow before getting to Mental Depts. The patients would have been taken to all available Spiritual Centres & Healing homes.
But as soon as they are appropriately diagnosed and started on drugs, the supposed 'witch' becomes normal!!!
I know I will fall under heavy criticisms as if I have said there is no 'principalities &powers'.
I'm a good Xtian ( so far I believe in John 3.16 and I'm striving hard to know Christ more and more, and his power of resurrection. Pronto!!!)

But there is a difference between magic (magician) & miracle (miracle worker), just as there is difference between apostasy & supernaturality.
Take your mum to see a good Psychiatrist & she will be grateful to you plus bless you.
Not everything weird or unusual is spiritual.
NB. I'm not an enemy ooo.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

Aunty !!!, it's sooo sooo sad that when your mum needs you that bad is when you are running away from her.
I can bet my life ( if it was mine anyway ) that your mum has a psychiatric problem.

Never really thought of that but she will tell Daughter A to beware of Daughter B and tell Daughter B to be careful of Daughter A then both siblings will start fighting each other. How can a sane mum cause enmity between her children?

Anyway, I hear what y'all saying and now bowing out of this thread grin

Omo Alata has left the building grin
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by salt1: 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
montero4relo: swimming in the dream Depict Initiation into the mammy spirit
Masquerade chasing you in the dream Depict Enemies planning against you
Snake Depict Offspring
Dog chasing you Depict demonic attack
Having sex in the dream Depict Initiation or spiritual husbands or wife
Eating in the dream also Depict Initiation
more,coming soon.............

And your source for all these interpretation is....?
Definitely, not the Bible I also carry.
God spoke to people in times past through dreams and visions I know. Even then, "A dream cometh through the multitude of business" Eccl 5: 3
People cage themselves with teachings that have no scriptural base whatsoever. Having sex in a dream is perfectly normal for males who have wet dreams. A woman who desired sex but her husband wasn't available can dream where she was having her desires in a dream. After a lively party in which food and drink was plenty, what can be more normal than dreaming where such is happening.
We should beware of fanaticism. Don't add to the Bible and allow fake faith dealers to make merchandise of you. Compare any dream with the Bible
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Ikengawo: 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
The Science of the Dream

The common dream is a fascinating natural occurance.

Recent studies have shown that the creative end of your brain works at a higher capacity than when you're awake.
Dreams therefore have a very strong 'problem solving' capacity. I saw it on a documentary and they told me to try this expirement
Before falling asleep think about a problem that you can't solve. Something that you need a singular answer or method to solve and it's been plaguing you and make sure you think about it as your falling asleep. When you wake up you'll most likely

1. have a solution
2. feel less or no stress about the situation

it's incredible but i did it and it worked. I was wondering how I would tie all the partners of my business start up together and keep them informed on progress they can't se day to day. I work up very early in the morning (5am) and all that was ringing in my head was WRITE A NEWSLETTER lol.
I actually started laughing in joy.

But yeah, you're essentially smarter in your dream state than normally. If you need to think hard, a dream maybe what you need.
Two noble prize winners have cited dreams to the origin of their ideas.

Dreams are also a natural instinct for 'training' the human mind to cope with high stress situations (nightmares), depression, grief, and other emotional states that if unaddressed can cause deterioration of the brain and body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Gospel Song Are You Currently Vibing To? / In Defence Of Logicboy / Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.