Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Do Dreams Tell The Future? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Dreams Tell The Future? (14247 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / COZA Members Ask Pastor Biodun To Tell The Truth About The Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by chivaley(f): 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
I think it all boils down to belief. That said, I am not particularly fond of people who insult or try to make nonsense of other people's beliefs. Express your opinions by all all means but please be civil.

I started this thread because I am a full fledged example of the importance of dreams, and I am neither superstitious nor irrational. So for now my standpoint is this. It is better to err on the side of caution than be sorry later. So whenever I have a dream, I pray. Over 70% of the milestones in my life were preceded by dreams. I could go on and on, but I see some people are finding this creepy so I'll skip the stories.

I am still interested in the dream symbol thing though.

@thegoodjoehunt: I am terribly sorry about your loss. The pain gets better with time. Be strong.
@omoalata: i do not find your mother's story strange in any way. I know a few women like that.

On a lighter note, we made it to front page, yay!

2 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Shaw007(m): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
Omo Alata:

I pray for my children everyday. Father in the name of Jesus, while I am yet living, I will NEVER bury any of my children in the name of Jesus Amen.

My mother prays the reverse grin
miss. . .ddnt want 2 comment on this thread at all,cos d posts i'm seeing here got me shivering. . .Like really scary,BUT THIS GOT ME. . .liKe,seriously?? This is really sometin,i hope u are really prayerful o my sista,and i understand everything you and your siblings are going through,i have a grandmother that is somewhat like that,so i get it

prayer does it,and do not be afraid 2 visit her,d Lord draws sinners 2 himself,so they may be saved,not 2 condemn them
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by omoghana22: 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ikengawo: The Science of the Dream

The common dream is a fascinating natural occurance.

Recent studies have shown that the creative end of your brain works at a higher capacity than when you're awake.
Dreams therefore have a very strong 'problem solving' capacity. I saw it on a documentary and they told me to try this expirement
Before falling asleep think about a problem that you can't solve. Something that you need a singular answer or method to solve and it's been plaguing you and make sure you think about it as your falling asleep. When you wake up you'll most likely

1. have a solution
2. feel less or no stress about the situation

it's incredible but i did it and it worked. I was wondering how I would tie all the partners of my business start up together and keep them informed on progress they can't se day to day. I work up very early in the morning (5am) and all that was ringing in my head was WRITE A NEWSLETTER lol.
I actually started laughing in joy.

But yeah, you're essentially smarter in your dream state than normally. If you need to think hard, a dream maybe what you need.
Two noble prize winners have cited dreams to the origin of their ideas.

Dreams are also a natural instinct for 'training' the human mind to cope with high stress situations (nightmares), depression, grief, and other emotional states that if unaddressed can cause deterioration of the brain and body.

I JUST LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU SAW AND PRACTICE IT; YOU GOT THE ANSWER. WE AFRICAN FIND IT SOO HAD TO RESEARCH ON OUR OWN. WE LOVE TO PRACTICE WHAT PEOPLE SAY. IF YOU ALWAYS THINK ABOUT WITCHES, YOU MUST SURELY SEE THEM IN YOUR DREAMS. ONLY 1% OF EVERY DREAM IS TRUE.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Sprumbaba: 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
The was this beautiful nollywood girl I was about dating and we had been getting together more and more. I dont really dream. But one day in my office, i dozed off for 2 minutes, it was a quick dream but i will call it a vision.I saw this lady coming to meet me and as I was about to hug her streching my arms,the next I see, I was handcuffed by policemen and she just left.I turned the soon to start relationship to friendship and stayed away from her.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by RiffRaff: 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
once opened a thread about it in 2010.. Stil dont understand i til now
https://www.nairaland.com/524481/dreams-effect-reality

am nt religious bt i seem 2 av control ova my dreams. Whether they happen or not, An inner conviction. Though i use 2 pray bak then wen i was religious.
My dreams always happen d way i see em bt it cud take years 2 happen wen i av totaly 4goten bout it, only d sense of "De javu" me. I sumtyms change d pattern if its was a bad dream or go wit d flow if its a gud 1. Sum takes weeks 2 happen, days or hours sumtyms.
Even if i 4get my dream wen i wake up, there is always a Reminder like: i see d person, an object, a fone cal, anytin dat wil jolt my memory.
I av searched online tire bt evrybdy kips givin difrent xplanatn. Am just glad m nt d only 1, use 2 tink m superwiered.
I dream evryday & it happens no matter how insignificant or ridiculous. I record them down & tick them wen it happens.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by kunletech: 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Dream tells the future, but it depend on the dreamer, If you don't believe in dream, God will not speak to you through dream.
Psychologicaly, human most be having dream once in a while, to make your body, spirit and mind ballance.
It also serve as a guide or manual to human, but it will come in puzle for your to solve.

Spiritualy, God also communicate the future to us. But there are some dream that u don't have to believe, because they are trick from the devil to bring problems into once life.

If you seriousely think of a woman that you love to make sex with, definetly your mind will seek for ballance, by having sex in the dream.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by maureenfx(f): 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
At first I want 2 say this is a reasonable post.

@ goshen360, u seem 2 knw more about dreams and its meanings and am patiently waiting 4 ur reply.

@uyiIredia, I use God beg u, try and make peace with ur mum cos out of her belle u came fought. And there is still a connection btw u and her. Will advice u 2 go on ur knees every morning to ask God 2 touch her heart, and make her human again. This battle is not urs put it 2 God.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
chivaley: I think it all boils down to belief. That said, I am not particularly fond of people who insult or try to make nonsense of other people's beliefs. Express your opinions by all all means but please be civil.

I started this thread because I am a full fledged example of the importance of dreams, and I am neither superstitious nor irrational. So for now my standpoint is this. It is better to err on the side of caution than be sorry later. So whenever I have a dream, I pray. Over 70% of the milestones in my life were preceded by dreams. I could go on and on, but I see some people are finding this creepy so I'll skip the stories.

I am still interested in the dream symbol thing though.

@thegoodjoehunt: I am terribly sorry about your loss. The pain gets better with time. Be strong.
@omoalata: i do not find your mother's story strange in any way. I know a few women like that.

On a lighter note, we made it to front page, yay!

Thanx very much, I am really doing my best to stay strong.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Nauttyprof(m): 12:09am On Aug 17, 2012
Dream is God's way of telling what lies ahead without showing us the process. HE wants us to figure that part out, as we brace ourselves for what is to come.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by insideview: 1:34am On Aug 17, 2012
Omo Alata:

My mum is very cunning. When people/family call her and talk to her about the way she is treating her children, she will bow her head, she will be very humble, she will shed tears and promise/vow to change. She will say she'll never curse her children again. Everybody will get up from the meeting happy that the situation has been resolved. After that meeting, mum will harden her heart like the heart of Pharoah and double her curses. If it's not so serious, I will laff grin

My younger sister (mum's last born) will tell mum to her face, "You are a witch" shocked Mum said I will show you who is a witch. A couple of weeks later, my sister's partner threw her out of the house with her child. O pari!!

Since I started my fire prayers, she is confused about me. She called me up one day and asked who I rely on. I told her that I rely on my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ grin

Search the web for NACRISSITIC PERSONALITY DISORDER. Seems like your mum has a malignant case of it. Probably something to do with her own childhood.

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by EagleNest(m): 5:27am On Aug 17, 2012
chivaley: Hi folks. How significant do you think dreams are? Can they tell the future? Are they meant to help us ward off impending doom? Does God warn us through our dreams? Real experiences are welcome as well.

I am sure you know that it does.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by mu2sa2: 6:35am On Aug 17, 2012
Omo Alata:

She tells all of us that she wished when she was in labour, she had closed her legs on our heads and smashed it!!! shocked shocked
Pls dont be offended but i think ur mum needs to see a psychiatric. Whatever b d case, u should treat ur mum with love and care.U should be understanding and patient with her,no matter what she does or says. If u are Muslim, d Quran makes it an obligation on us to treat our parents with kindness throughout their lives - in fact, never to be angry with them or disobey them(so long they do not demand disobedience to God). U should remember that d holy prophet Muhammad says paradise lies under the feet of the mother. So, mothers are given a special position in Islam.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2012
Sprumbaba: The was this beautiful nollywood girl I was about dating and we had been getting together more and more. I dont really dream. But one day in my office, i dozed off for 2 minutes, it was a quick dream but i will call it a vision.I saw this lady coming to meet me and as I was about to hug her streching my arms,the next I see, I was handcuffed by policemen and she just left.I turned the soon to start relationship to friendship and stayed away from her.

Wise decision wink
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by OmoAlata(f): 7:27am On Aug 17, 2012
De-Grace01:

Ok, but if u can convince them to prayer along with you it will be fantastic. all the same just try to carry them along with u on that prayer. please go into reconcilliatry kind of prayer. No fire fire or back to sender to ur mum just for a week. ask God to forgive her and all of you around her. this situation must have cause alot of enemity so the way out now is total reconcilliation betwwen man and GOD and man to man. just a week before the next week one will continue. pls if u are interested or have any question go ahead and ask me ok.

Bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. It is well. Thank you wink

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Tingles(m): 8:04am On Aug 17, 2012
I am always in control of my dreams, I decide what happens and when to wake up when things get scary. I discovered that I run faster in my dream when I am not covering myself with a covercloth. I can pause my dream, wake up to check the time and resume dreaming from where I stopped.

I also get a lot of problems solved by leaving my subsconscious mind to work on it while I am asleep, but that doesn't rule out the fact that some people see the future in their dreams. I don't.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Babycake(m): 8:12am On Aug 17, 2012
Justyesrerday,i_had_a_deram.FunkeAkindele,came_to_visit_me@home.Wetin_dat_one_mean?
NB:Im_not_a_seriousfan....
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Toyrem: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2012
omoghana22:

I JUST LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU SAW AND PRACTICE IT; YOU GOT THE ANSWER. WE AFRICAN FIND IT SOO HAD TO RESEARCH ON OUR OWN. WE LOVE TO PRACTICE WHAT PEOPLE SAY. IF YOU ALWAYS THINK ABOUT WITCHES, YOU MUST SURELY SEE THEM IN YOUR DREAMS. ONLY 1% OF EVERY DREAM IS TRUE.
yes, you're talking.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by hakymbiyiyaho: 9:05am On Aug 17, 2012
This is seldom true. However some examples are as below:

MARTIN LUTHER dream of Black man Ruling AMERICA see quote (I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.)

JOSEPH IN THE BIBLE DREAMT ABOUT TINY COW SWALLOWING BIG ONE (e.g NIGERIA BANKS)
[b]This is seldom true. However some examples are as below:

MARTIN LUTHER dream of Black man Ruling AMERICA see quote (I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.)

JOSEPH IN THE BIBLE DREAMT ABOUT TINY COW SWALLOWING BIG ONE (e.g NIGERIA BANKS)
[/b]This is seldom true. However some examples are as below:

Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Wonderdee(m): 9:09am On Aug 17, 2012
Some dreams tell the future not all
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Jim241gidi(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2012
I use to blieve in my dream,i recall i had one bck in d days dat i saw a shadow of Micheal Jordan coming towards me,d shadow reflect like as if we being introduce by d offial before game.it look real bt didnt come past,as i ve serious injury dat keep me away playing Basketball,i strongly blieve if it real i wldnt ve got Injured.so i dnt take it serious any longer peace.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by stpat1(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2012
Mine do. I usually don't dream but when I do, It does come to pass.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by phaya(f): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2012
kensandrea: [size=20pt]NOT IN ALL CASES******** SO GUYS NO GO DREAM WATING U DEY TINK KON DEY TINK SAY NA REVELTION LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

What u wrote didn't make any sense
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by phaya(f): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2012
swaggrbabe: My frnd had a dream dat her guys ex galfrnd whom born a child for him was cooking somtin and warning her seriously in her dream.she prayed midnite prayers for it. And wen she went to visit her guy nd he went to work in d morn her guys frnd beat her up and tried to rape her but she fought him alone and was victorious. Nw dey frnd was beaten up by ds her guy in return and he kept crying dat he did nt kw wat came over him.

YOUR GBAGUN NOR BE HERE!!!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by teeceexx: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2012
montero4relo: swimming in the dream Depict Initiation into the mammy spirit
Masquerade chasing you in the dream Depict Enemies planning against you
Snake Depict Offspring
Dog chasing you Depict demonic attack
Having sex in the dream Depict Initiation or spiritual husbands or wife
Eating in the dream also Depict Initiation
more,coming soon.............

The above is not how the dream dictionary link above interpreted it.
I believe dream might mean differnt things.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by teddyblueu: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2012
chivaley: Thanks for all the replies so far. I started this thread because I have also had dreams that came true or bad ones I had to pray really hard to avert. But one further question house: What are dream symbols? I've heard a lot about them. If you guys will be kind enough to list some you are aware of, it would be nice. For instance I heard worms and maggots depict illness, rats depict poverty and oil depicts annointing. Any insights on dream symbols?

i once dreamt of being anoited with some other people.i also once dreamt of vomiting tiny maggots,but i didn't know what it meant till now.thank God i was vomiting it smiley
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by beula2009: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2012
@all4naija
that which is spiritual is spiritual that which is physical is physical,so your unbelief cannot and wouldnt annull the existence of the spiritual.

@topic.
not only the future it also reveals the present.(but not all dreams)personal experience? yes just too many to type.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by ossaii(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
When you see a big tree fall in your dream it means a big person is about to die. 25edc8b8
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by teddyblueu: 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2012
Omo Alata:

My mum is very cunning. When people/family call her and talk to her about the way she is treating her children, she will bow her head, she will be very humble, she will shed tears and promise/vow to change. She will say she'll never curse her children again. Everybody will get up from the meeting happy that the situation has been resolved. After that meeting, mum will harden her heart like the heart of Pharoah and double her curses. If it's not so serious, I will laff grin

My younger sister (mum's last born) will tell mum to her face, "You are a witch" shocked Mum said I will show you who is a witch. A couple of weeks later, my sister's partner threw her out of the house with her child. O pari!!

Since I started my fire prayers, she is confused about me. She called me up one day and asked who I rely on. I told her that I rely on my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ grin

This is serious,i somehow dont want to believe u,i mean it seems u re framing up a story.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by megxo(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2012
MY DREAM EVEN GET EMOTICON
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by tomakint: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
chivaley: Hi folks. How significant do you think dreams are? Can they tell the future? Are they meant to help us ward off impending doom? Does God warn us through our dreams? Real experiences are welcome as well.

certainly yes!!!
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by uhuns: 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2012
at omolata

my prayers are with you.
will recommend a book for you titled ---prayer rain-------- obtainable at mountain of fire churches----

and get close to your mum physically but pray a discord in the spiritual re ml, with your mum. this is to nullify permanently the ties she has with you, this prayer has to be worded carefully to be effective.or you will forever fight big and small battles for the rest part of your life and that of your kids that would not know of any problems------the bible says pray that the sins of your parent are not upon you. thus fight for your kids---now.
its a common fact that women have close ties with their kids, thus the mother Mary stuff in some churches.
Re: Do Dreams Tell The Future? by Ericomoto(m): 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
Believe it or not, dreams are real. I have been battling with attack through bad dreams now for 2 years. The 1st dream I had lead to me losing my job where I saw myself at a traffic light on a bike and the traffic police stopped me in the midst of others and lo and behold 2 weeks later I lost my job. Though I got another job later but since then I have done more than eleven interviews in different companies and each time i will have a dream either before or after the interview and receive messages therafter that the interview is not successful. I am a christian, I have fasted, I have prayed and still beliving God for a solution as I have lost a lot of fantastic opportunities to this attack. House, I need further help!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Gospel Song Are You Currently Vibing To? / In Defence Of Logicboy / Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.