Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (13817 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by donbenie(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Well I do believe there are a bunch of superstitious religious pr*cks with twisted bigoted holier than thou attitudes in this world..what the f**k makes you think that just because you are religious,your kids are suddenly too good to play with non believers children..HYPOCRITES..is good manners and morals the exclusive preserve of your stupid religion?
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by iamord(m): 10:49am On Sep 22, 2014
Well I have no problem with my kids making friends with atheists. Cos I am also an open minded person and less religious..but I will be watchful of the impact they play in my kids life. Don't want someone imposing their dogmas on them.. But rather I want them to have a knowledge of all the religions and belief systems and applying the positives but not being governed by them
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by donbenie(m): 11:06am On Sep 22, 2014
lanre316: Are there atheists in Nigeria or am I missing something? I have never seen an atheist in this country.
Believe you me there are a lot of us around,we just prefer to keep a low profile and let you religious guys get on with your zeal,sorta like the gays,you know..on a need to know basis...
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
Can't say yes or no cause i don't know them well enough to judge. I do know that some of them are free spirited and are more straight forward than most people who call themselves christians,muslims or traditionalists- who don't even know what their religion is all about. they preach one thing and do the entire opposite. Most preach what is entirely outside their religion.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by theshadowknows: 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
would have loved to comment on this thread, but looking at the comments so far I'm assured that for each bigot there are a dozen objective and rational minds.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Ebunoluwah: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
It depends on how you train your children. smiley
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by UyiIredia(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Peterken05: They wouldnt do so, they prefer indoctrinating their children with bullshit right from birth.

Children should be allowed to choose freely what to belief and not forced or punished what believing or not believing. There is nothing like atheist children or christian children or muslim children, they are children for shit sake, they cant decide on their own, let them grow up to choose whatever they like

@ bolded: I will be a fool if I believe this. Because heaven knows contrary to the lie that atheism is not a belief, it is a belief stemming from materialism. You say this because a parent who forsakes the need to impart religion to his/her kids helps religion die; something you want.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by UyiIredia(m): 5:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
Kay17: How is it possible for there to be love in separation??
You typically find it difficult to accept the reality of ironies and paradoxes or properly discern them. There can very well be love in separation. Fairly recently, a girlfriend insulted me (in the name of advice), I still love her anyway. I should hate her but I don't. That's love in separation, or love-hate if you will.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
UyiIredia:

@ bolded: I will be a fool if I believe this. Because heaven knows contrary to the lie that atheism is not a belief, it is a belief stemming from materialism. You say this because a parent who forsakes the need to impart religion to his/her kids helps religion die; something you want.

if religion is going to die as a result of that, so be it, what is the usefulness anyway.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 3:42am On Sep 27, 2014
UyiIredia:

Atheism is not a belief. It is a disbelief
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by DOnly1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
Never, what union has light got with darkness.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
DOnly1: Never, what union has light got with darkness.

And your arrogant pharisee self will think that you are the light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? / Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop / Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.