Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404116 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by labella12: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2013
@hummingbird congrats don't u worry God is by u so u can do it.
Blendy sorry oh you will find ORT in different flavors and can buy over the counter just keep giving him to replace the fluids his losing. Most children don't like but keep giving him. It's likely to be viral did u immunize for rota virus? Best wishes
Please house I need advice my one year old is throwing tantrums if she doesn't get what she wants. What's the way forward
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mymoniker(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2013
Good morning to you all here.. I am an ardent follower of updates on this thread since my wife took in and I everything I have learned here has been beneficial to me directly or our friends.

Now this is it: my wife EDD date is 8 days gone and yet there is no sign the baby is ready to come out. We went to the hospital on saturday and her cervix was checked and found to be only 3cm. By the doctor calculation, he said she should fall into full labour in about 12-16 hrs!! Here we are 5 days after and there is no sign of labour. Her contractions come within 5-6 hours inbetween and they are mild.

Can I opt for induce labour? Or should we wait for another 6 days( since they say EDD date can either come 2 weeks earlier or 2 weeks after). Baby heart beat is fine as mother and baby were checked again on wednesday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
my_moniker: Good morning to you all here.. I am an ardent follower of updates on this thread since my wife took in and I everything I have learned here has been beneficial to me directly or our friends.

Now this is it: my wife EDD date is 8 days gone and yet there is no sign the baby is ready to come out. We went to the hospital on saturday and her cervix was checked and found to be only 3cm. By the doctor calculation, he said she should fall into full labour in about 12-16 hrs!! Here we are 5 days after and there is no sign of labour. Her contractions come within 5-6 hours inbetween and they are mild.

Can I opt for induce labour? Or should we wait for another 6 days( since they say EDD date can either come 2 weeks earlier or 2 weeks after). Baby heart beat is fine as mother and baby were checked again on wednesday.

What was the doctors advise, some people have their baby before their EDD some after EDD. Doctors will advise till like 41/42 weeks before anything could be done. But if she is falling into labour and there is no dilation the doctor might suggest CS. I am just using my lil knowledge but seek the doctors advise.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
@jade,u don go bonny,sha dey miss u.Kudos to mothers in the house,happy weekend
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
casler: @jade,u don go bonny,sha dey miss u.Kudos to mothers in the house,happy weekend
My dear,I dey o.I'v just bn havin dis poundin headache so its hard 4me 2focus on thngs.My bp is normal so d dr said its my eyes;because I work on d computer a lot so it has damaged my eyes so they're suggestin eyeglass but me I want medicated blue contact lens.U knw I'm Miss funky&it'l suit my complexion.I miss u al too.I'm stil bindin&rebukin Bonny.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
my_moniker: Good morning to you all here.. I am an ardent follower of updates on this thread since my wife took in and I everything I have learned here has been beneficial to me directly or our friends.

Now this is it: my wife EDD date is 8 days gone and yet there is no sign the baby is ready to come out.
Can I opt for induce labour? Or should we wait for another 6 days( since they say EDD date can either come 2 weeks earlier or 2 weeks after).
Oga sir.My anty is a gynaecologist&sh said its not good 4pregnancy 2pass 40wks cos d head of d baby wil bcom 2strong 2pass thru d vajayjay&it won't allow d head of d baby com 2geda durin labour.Pls tell ur gyane 2induce her 2day 2day orelse d nxt thng u'l hear is CS.Forget that 2wks afta sh*t.If u'r sure of ur last menstrual period,u'l knw wen ur pregnancy is 40wks.5-6hrs apart is no labour.Abeg opt 4induction.I wish her a safe delivery

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
Wendy80:
I mean formula feeding and food like pap
3hrly feedin is good dependin on d quantity sh tolerates though.Wen sh starts eatin larger quantity,u can mak it 4hrly&probably giv tea or plain milk at midnyt If u'v stopped breastfeedin$
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
julicoka: pls mother stoping baby breast is it good to wear bra or not,ad what medicine will i take d pains is too much
@julicoka. My dear,dis is how I stopped my breast milk frm flowin.I stopped breastfeedin&bought these big strape bra.Dr said I shld make it tight as in set d strape 2b tight so dat it'l hold back d milk.I was takin ibuprofen 4d pain cos paracetamol was 2mild&d pain was drivin me dunzo.I reduced fluid intake as in water,malt,minerals&so on.My dear,I didn't even notice wen d bosom milk dried up but within a wk,I was free of bosom milk.How's ur baby&d feedin habit?Hav u taken her 2Onitsha?Goodluck.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
my_moniker: Now this is it: my wife EDD date is 8 days gone and yet there is no sign the baby is ready to come out. We went to the hospital on saturday and her cervix was checked and found to be only 3cm. By the doctor calculation, he said she should fall into full labour in about 12-16 hrs!! Here we are 5 days after and there is no sign of labour. Her contractions come within 5-6 hours inbetween and they are mild.

The dr should have told you natural ways you could help induce labour. Google "natural way to induce labour". Can't remember all of them now. As long as baby is not distressed & doc is not worried, relax. I had my baby 6am on the day I would have been induced using only natural methods. cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
Jade and labella thks a bunch. We found time to take him to a hospital yesterday and he is a lot better.
They have been given rotavirus. we will take measles when we return@9m

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
missmishel: Hellow mummy's in the house, can a 4months old baby start teething. my baby's gum is really scratching him.
And is there any medicine that should be rubed on the baby's gum before the teeth comes out? i heard that from somebody but dont know if mothers here have an idea.
@missmishel where hav u been.Well,I also used Bongella gel 4my baby frm 3mths cos sh started teethin early eventhough d so-called teeth finally cam out at 8mths.Pls don't use piccan or dat stupid gbomoro.Paedo screamed wen I told her I started usin piccan frm 3mths til 5mths.Its God dat saved dis my girl.U can also get her teether.It helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Blendy77: Jade and labella thks a bunch. We found time to take him to a hospital yesterday and he is a lot better.
Thank God sweets.U knw those ur twins ar heirs so they shld always com 1st.I was so mad wen u said u hav a tight work schedule cos wen my girl is teethin&havin al these fev&sh*t,I no dey send work oh! Inshort me I dey fall sick join.Anyway thank God u made out tym. usually pack som pkts of ORS,paracetamol&flagyl weneva I'm travellin.I c dem as eemergency drugs.Hope u gav dem rotavirus vaccine.Goodluck dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Layolaw;how's ur son now?how's d tommy&wot's he eatin now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Hummysweetie.Its ok.There're ppl lookin 4dis kids we're tryi 2avoid thru family plannin.God wil send u help&its good they grow 2geda sef.Don't let it bother u.U hav 2stop breastfeedin 2conservee ur energy&start ur prenatal vitamins&folic acid
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hiya moomas,my 1+9mnths son has some mosquito lik looking marks coming out on his skin,this isn't d first time its hapning,weneva I take him to d clinic,hez given antibiotics and told to use medicated soap(I use dettol soap and abf cream for him),d thing stops for a while(leaving darkspots) and then returns again,its red and itches him,does anyone av a solution,iv been told d things is called kokoro and its in his blood,that he nds agbo(herbs)but I dey fear to giv d boy agbo to drink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Jade William:
@missmishel where hav u been.Well,I also used Bongella gel 4my baby frm 3mths cos sh started teethin early eventhough d so-called teeth finally cam out at 8mths.Pls don't use piccan or dat stupid gbomoro.Paedo screamed wen I told her I started usin piccan frm 3mths til 5mths.Its God dat saved dis my girl.U can also get her teether.It helps
@Jade Willians, been busy lately. thanks for your advice. just got him a teether
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Jade William:
@julicoka. My dear,dis is how I stopped my breast milk frm flowin.I stopped breastfeedin&bought these big strape bra.Dr said I shld make it tight as in set d strape 2b tight so dat it'l hold back d milk.I was takin ibuprofen 4d pain cos paracetamol was 2mild&d pain was drivin me dunzo.I reduced fluid intake as in water,malt,minerals&so on.My dear,I didn't even notice wen d bosom milk dried up but within a wk,I was free of bosom milk.How's ur baby&d feedin habit?Hav u taken her 2Onitsha?Goodluck.
no my dear i ve not taken her, i feel for d little girl i will stay wit her,based on d food issue she is taken it small small but those children drinkable she can drink it now ad look for another,thank u sori for ur eye problem
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
Jade William:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
Happy sunday to all in da house. Pls wat is d difference btw dis stage 2 sma? On one its written advaced gold system nd on d oda its not written nd d price for d same big size differs. D one with d advaced gold system is 4000 while d oda goes for 3600. Pls any one wit idea shd pls drop. Also can I introduce ribena to ma 8mths old baby? He is always cryin whenever he see his sister taking caprisone.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Dis d container

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
Sorry I cldnt upload d two container togeda. Wats d diffrence in des two?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hi mothers,

I'm trying to make my son's pap myself from the scratch. I bought guinea corn, corn and millet. According to what I read on this thread, I need to soak the corn for 4days, add the guinea corn and millet the 3rd day. My concern is the water on the corn seems to be fermenting, and av only soaked it for a day, is it normal? Or I need to change d water everyday.

Secondly, I stopped breastfeeding 2weeks ago, and my son still wakes up in d middle of the night as usual very hungry, so I give him hollandia youghurt, I bought the big pack with 24pcs. I tried giving him milk, but he is not patient enough for me to prepare it, When he wakes up in the middle of the night and cries a lot. I don't want him 2 get use to jst hollandia youghurt, please what are other healthy drinks you advise I give him at night?

Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettytrust: 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
@imurboss n. William pls concerning d hair cream I went to d market n dey gave me olive oil(GOYA) pls is dat the one cos it is d same as anointing oil. Am really confuse pls urgent respond needed.thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
My dear sisters, I need help o.

My 10 month dearie, has cough. Bad one o. She go cough n cough and throw up sometimes, abeg what can I do? Any ideas on medications? She had malaria some days ago and as she recover, na em cough start.

Please dears, any advise?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
corrall: My dear sisters, I need help o.

My 10 month dearie, has cough. Bad one o. She go cough n cough and throw up sometimes, abeg what can I do? Any ideas on medications? She had malaria some days ago and as she recover, na em cough start.

Please stay away from cough syrubs o, I heard it has a side effect on their health. But you can try and give her vitamin c thats what I gave my baby back then when he had cough. I hope other mothers will give their own remedy. Do tkia
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 21, 2013
iamteekaygal: Hi mothers,

I'm trying to make my son's pap myself from the scratch. I bought guinea corn, corn and millet. According to what I read on this thread, I need to soak the corn for 4days, add the guinea corn and millet the 3rd day. My concern is the water on the corn seems to be fermenting, and av only soaked it for a day, is it normal? Or I need to change d water everyday.

Secondly, I stopped breastfeeding 2weeks ago, and my son still wakes up in d middle of the night as usual very hungry, so I give him hollandia youghurt, I bought the big pack with 24pcs. I tried giving him milk, but he is not patient enough for me to prepare it, When he wakes up in the middle of the night and cries a lot. I don't want him 2 get use to jst hollandia youghurt, please what are other healthy drinks you advise I give him at night?

Thanks in advance
Yes, you need to wash it and change the water everyday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 5:15am On Oct 21, 2013
@Demmykay, there's no difference between both milk just the container that is different. I think they used the second container (the expensive one) when they initially changed the name from sma progress to sma 2. Some marketers will tell u the cheaper one is Nigeria while the expensive one is foreign. Its all crap. That was what I was made to believe up till 2m ago when I wanted to buy from tesco and discovered its the cheaper one (advanced gold system) they actually sell all over Europe and when I made enquiries, was told that expensive one was only on the shelves for a short while before the container was changed. U can check asda and tesco website or just Google sma website.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2013
Been so busy. Still very busy. Just wanted to check up on every one and hope everyone is doing great. Will be back fully in about 2 weeks. Keep being strong, mummies. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 10:49am On Oct 21, 2013
pretty trust: @imurboss n. William pls concerning d hair cream I went to d market n dey gave me olive oil(GOYA) pls is dat the one cos it is d same as anointing oil. Am really confuse pls urgent respond needed.thanks.
Sweets;I'm laughin so hard.Annointin oil indeeed.D Olive oil we talked abt is by Organic root stimulator.They hav d one for kids.I looked 4my baby's own but cudn't find d container cos I mixed ori,Kuza&d olive oil whch sh's bn usin since I barbed her hair dis year&her hair has grown.Look 4it at good supermarkts,u'l c it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 10:54am On Oct 21, 2013
corrall: My dear sisters, I need help o.

My sister,Abeg carry ur pikin go hospital.My girl had serious cough dat cudn't stop&was throwin up her feeds last 2wks.My dear,d drug d paediatrician gav her,d cough went away in 3days Allah! I wud hav told u d name of d drug but its not safe 2giv children unprescribed drugs cos u don't knw d one they might react to&d dosage cos they calculate dosage wit d weight of d child so pls tak her 2d hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2013
iamteekaygal: Hi mothers,

My dear;d way I do myn;I soak d corn on Friday mornin,add d millet&guinea corn on Saturday mornin without changin d water.D smell dat coms out doesn't matter then wash it 2remov d sand dat settled at d bottom&then tak it 4grindin (all of dem 2geda) on Sunday Morning&seive on Sunday cos if u don't seive it dat day,it'l smell&d baby might purge then put it in a bag (u knw d bag dat pap sellers use)&allow d water 2drain out then d nxt day,u can put them in d smal smal waterproof&store in d feezer.If u'r takin it 4grindin,go 1st thng in d mornin b4 those grinders wil use their engine 2grind beans or tomatoes whch wil affect d corn.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:17am On Oct 21, 2013
iamteekaygal:
Thanks in advance
Mayb wot u shld do is 2keep ur baby's water flask&feeder handy so dat wen he grunts b4 wakin up fully,u jump up&prepare d milk although yoghurt is also good&healthy.U can also giv him tea.Just b alternatin them 4him.Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: pyod(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.