Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4550347 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hi Mothers,am a first time Mother to a 3 weeks+ old baby and ve been following this thread since i was pregnant. Have learnt a lot and am ready to be a regular poster, hope am welcome grin
jam04:

sorry...what is gripe water?
Gripe water is a liquid drug given to a child for relief from digestive upset, etc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2013
Mothers and fathers in the house, there's a meningitis campaign presently going on in the FCT (I don't know of other states). Please, let's endeavour to take our kids and wards to the hospital for the immunization, it's for ages 1-29. Nursing mothers and pregnant mothers below 29 years can take it too.
For those in the FCT, you can get the immunization from State House Clinic, free of charge. You don't need to be a patient there or know somebody there, just walk in and be immunized. Even if you had previously immunized your child/ren before now, they can still take this one as it's for a 10 year period.
The virus is deadly, I lost a brother to it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
maran1983: Mothers and fathers in the house, there's a meningitis campaign presently going on in the FCT (I don't know of other states). Please, let's endeavour to take our kids and wards to the hospital for the immunization, it's for ages 1-29. Nursing mothers and pregnant mothers below 29 years can take it too.
For those in the FCT, you can get the immunization from State House Clinic, free of charge. You don't need to be a patient there or know somebody there, just walk in and be immunized. Even if you had previously immunized your child/ren before now, they can still take this one as it's for a 10 year period.
The virus is deadly, I lost a brother to it.

Hi, what about mothers above 30 and with babies below one year?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by foli: 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello house, If you are interested, a friend has some baby things to give out at a give-away price: Vitafoam baby cot, Vitafoam baby mattress, 4 vita rolls, 2 baby pillows, teddy bears, Bravo baby car seat, drawer set, baby chair and baby rug.

You can call up this number: 08076188807.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 1:43am On Nov 15, 2013
okirewaju: Hi Mothers,am a first time Mother to a 3 weeks+ old baby and ve been following this thread since i was pregnant. Have learnt a lot and am ready to be a regular poster, hope am welcome
U'r highly welcomed sweetie.How's ur LO?Hope u guys ar cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 11:36am On Nov 15, 2013
There's no immunization presently for meningitis for women and babies below a year and above 29, sorry.
corrall:

Hi, what about mothers above 30 and with babies below one year?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Warfibabe(f): 8:44am On Nov 16, 2013
Hello beautiful mummies!

Long long longest time o!

have had my hands full these past couple of weeks, no tym to post anything.

Hope u all are great? Will try and be regular from now.

U can follow me on twitter @mamabboy

Regards.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Warfibabe(f): 8:45am On Nov 16, 2013
maran1983: There's no immunization presently for meningitis for women and babies below a year and above 29, sorry.
what about those of us that do not reside in abj?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2013
Jade William:
U'r highly welcomed sweetie.How's ur LO?Hope u guys ar cool
Thanks kiss She's doing great and we're fine cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by thatchick: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
@ hummingbird,I hope u r doing great and also coping well.Pls do take care of ursef and rest well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
No idea sweetie, it's supposed to be a nationwide campaign so maybe you can check any general hospital close to you.
Warfibabe: what about those of us that do not reside in abj?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Warfibabe(f): 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
maran1983: No idea sweetie, it's supposed to be a nationwide campaign so maybe you can check any general hospital close to you.
aitt thanks. Will check.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ifyjemila(f): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2013
BlueMurder: Our baby girl is almost 11 months old, but she still sticks her tongue out of her mouth always shocked People have advised us to use mouth suckers but our doctor discourages their use on the ground that they are veritable breeding grounds for bacteria. Does anyone have a similar experience?
Not only breeding ground for bacteria, she will be addicted to it, which will be very difficult to stop. I will advice you to always tap her tongue & beat her. with time she will stop. My daughter was a victim.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Warfibabe(f): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ifyjemila: Not only breeding ground for bacteria, she will be addicted to it, which will be very difficult to stop. I will advice you to always tap her tongue & beat her. with time she will stop. My daughter was a victim.
Beat her ke? Ok maybe i read what you wrote upside down. Will just go back and read.

@Bluemurder pls whatever u do, don't use the paci.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Warfibabe(f): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ifyjemila: Not only breeding ground for bacteria, she will be addicted to it, which will be very difficult to stop. I will advice you to always tap her tongue & beat her. with time she will stop. My daughter was a victim.
Beat her ke? Ok maybe i read what you wrote upside down. Will just go back and read.

@Bluemurder pls whatever u do, don't use the paci.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ifyjemila(f): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ujujoan:

My 4-month old still sticks her tongue out oh! Infact she sucks her hand and her feet too. I just don't know what to do with her.

But I love the way she sleeps - Early to bed, early to rise. No midnight tantrums! Ahhh . . . she's my pride and joy!
you can beat her immedatly she brings out toungue or suck her finger when she is 1yr. But for now she know nothing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
hellooooo mamas in d big house,hapi sunday how is our LO doing i hope they re doing great.i real miss u people.my baby will be 1 year old dis month.pls somebody should should help me make meal time table for her from monday to sunday pls help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 6:59am On Nov 18, 2013
Daycare has been a huge help but my 10 month daughter learnt to suck finger from her classmates. I tap her hand whenever she does it & she stops for a while. She completely stopped during august break when they were fewer kids, but now, she can't sleep without sucking her fingers!!! She is there from 7.30-6pm every weekday. How do I stop her? Do I change the daycare?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
k4kenny:

I was also told the symptoms she showed were those of teething, but from medical sites I was able to tell what it was. There is no actual 'treatment' for d measles as the virus dies off eventually after like 3days but its very important to keep the temperature under check with paracetamol( I gave 4 5ml spoons per day) I also massaged her body with a cold towel to lower the temperature.
For the cough, I was told to avoid cough syrup (expectorant), so a broad spectrum antibiotic was prescribed. She was okay in about 3days but taking a close look at her skin, you can still see residual spots.

For those asking of chicken pox vaccine, moi petit princess is due for hers on her birthday sad it costs 7k5 in my clinic and its given along with MMR vaccine which is 4k. GH don't usually give these. They'll only give vit. A on that vaccination day.

Hi, please is the vaccine still available for 7500 and what's the name of your hospital and address. Only God knows how many hospital i've been to searching for this chicken box vaccine. One hospital even asked for 20,000naira.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adetunrayo(f): 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hi beautiful mums,pls I need to know why my 8mths old baby is runnin temp off and on she has been taken to clinic and was given pcm and injectn,I was told not to worry but am still worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by foli: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2013
Hello house, If you are interested, a friend has some baby things to give out at a give-away price: Vitafoam baby cot, Vitafoam baby mattress, 4 vita rolls, 2 baby pillows, teddy bears, sleeping mattress (with net), baby chair and baby rug.

You can call up this number: 08076188807
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:14am On Nov 19, 2013
adetunrayo: Hi beautiful mums,pls I need to know why my 8mths old baby is runnin temp off and on she has been taken to clinic and was given pcm and injectn,I was told not to worry but am still worried.

Please ask them to run tests. They cannot just be giving pcm. High temperature is a symptom not an illness. What if it is really serious like chicken pox or measles, God forbid? Please. do not just give your child pcm, find out what is the cause.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 10:16am On Nov 19, 2013
adetunrayo: Hi beautiful mums,pls I need to know why my 8mths old baby is runnin temp off and on she has been taken to clinic and was given pcm and injectn,I was told not to worry but am still worried.

What kind of injections was your baby given? did they run test to know if it was malaria or any other infection that was causing the fever? my baby had d same issue and i felt it was teething, however, after 3 days of on n off fever, i went to the hospital and found out she had malaria.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
iamteekaygal:

Hi, please is the vaccine still available for 7500 and what's the name of your hospital and address. Only God knows how many hospital i've been to searching for this chicken box vaccine. One hospital even asked for 20,000naira.

My sis u arent the only one searching for that vaccine. the truth is it isnt available. i v been to Ikeja and i ws reffered to another GH coz the were out of stock and so was the other hospital. right now the pharmacy not far from my place are assuring me this thursday. i want to wait it out for a while for fear of getting expired ones (they told me the ones they had was returned coz it was almost close to expiry). they assured me this thursday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
iamteekaygal:

The hospital hardly run out of the vaccine. Its given on specific days of the week. My baby's own will be on a Monday. The name of the hospital is R-jolad in gbagada (new garage bus stop).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goking(f): 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hi sweet mum's,am new here buh hv bn enjoying d thread,for chicken pox and mmr check Lagoon hospital Ikeja Awolowo way or Kupa Hospital at Ajao Estate by Airport Road
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goking(f): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
What will I use to boost my 8months Old baby appetite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Prettypresh(f): 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello to all da mamas in da huz. Its bin a while i came in last, though kinda busy somehw buh hope am welcomed bak. My 2 months plus old baby has bin having boils all ova his head, i have given bechem Ampiclox for 5 days wc cleared everything but came bak after a week. plss ooo wat do i do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Warfibabe(f): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
same thing happened to my older son last week. Took him to the paed and they tested him for malaria which was the cause. Pls let them run proper tests on ur baby at least to rule out malaria and other infections.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
omogemi:

My sis u arent the only one searching for that vaccine. the truth is it isnt available. i v been to Ikeja and i ws reffered to another GH coz the were out of stock and so was the other hospital. right now the pharmacy not far from my place are assuring me this thursday. i want to wait it out for a while for fear of getting expired ones (they told me the ones they had was returned coz it was almost close to expiry). they assured me this thursday.

Oh really, the pharmacist in my area also tried to help out but he said the doctor he called was asking for 40k, that chicken pox vaccine is now mixed with MMR and my son had taken MMR already.
I just tire 4 this vaccine search
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
k4kenny:

The hospital hardly run out of the vaccine. Its given on specific days of the week. My baby's own will be on a Monday. The name of the hospital is R-jolad in gbagada (new garage bus stop).

Yeah, I know R-jolad I had my maternity clinic there until I was 7mnths+ pregnant then we moved away from the mainland. Pls do I need to register him or i'll just show them his immunization's card? And can I go on Monday or if you have a number I can call to make enquiry pls do post it. Thanks so much. I bless that day I'll get my baby this vaccine o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 10:24am On Nov 20, 2013
I did my antenatal and delivery there,as she said they hardly run out of vaccines..I think they do immunizations only on Wednesdays,because i have only be booked for Wednesdays since i started.Sorry i dont have any number to give out,but you can check there website and see if there is any customer care line..I just went for immunization today for my nine months old girl.
iamteekaygal:

Yeah, I know R-jolad I had my maternity clinic there until I was 7mnths+ pregnant then we moved away from the mainland. Pls do I need to register him or i'll just show them his immunization's card? And can I go on Monday or if you have a number I can call to make enquiry pls do post it. Thanks so much. I bless that day I'll get my baby this vaccine o

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.