Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,321 members, 7,867,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Gender Equality Exists In Nigeria Indeed..aree Or Disagree - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gender Equality Exists In Nigeria Indeed..aree Or Disagree (622 Views)

If You Thought Love Like This No Longer Exists In This World / All Men Cheat, Agree Or Disagree? Then Disprove Me! / Woman Is The Strength And The Weakness Of A Man?" Agree Or Disagree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gender Equality Exists In Nigeria Indeed..aree Or Disagree by ediemafio(m): 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2012
I HAVE READ TOPICS ON THIS FORUM WHICH ALWAYS INSINUATE THAT WOMEN DONT HAVE RIGHTS IN OUR BEAUTIFUL NIGERIA UNLIKE EUROPE AND AMERICA..I DISAGRE.THE RIGHTS ARE ACTUALLY FAIRER TO ALL PARTIES IN NIGERIA..YES, TO AN EXTENT,A MAN COULD HAVE A SIGNIFICANT DOMINANCE OVER A WOMAN,BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT THAT IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED THAT THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS..IN U.K FOR EG,MEN PRACTICALLY HAVE LESS THAN 20% RIGHT ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO PATERNITY.A WOMAN CAN ACTUALLY STOP HER HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND FROM SEEING THEIR CHILD/REN,YET CLAIM A BULK PORTION OF HIS FORTUNES AND THEY DO IT A LOT..IN NIGERIA,NEITHER CAN STOP THE OTHER.IN NIGERIA,THE COURT ORDERS THE MAN TO PAY SUPPORT,THIS IN THE EYE OF GOD AND MAN IS FAIR,IN THE U.K,THE MAN'S WEALTH IS SHARED EVEN WHEN THEY HAD SIGNED A PRENUPTIAL EXEMPTING SUCH CLAUSES,BUT IF THE LADY IS RICHER,THEY DONT USUALLY DIVIDE HER WEALTH.IN NIGERIA,THE CHILD IS ALLOWED TO STAY WITH THEIR MUM UNTIL THEY ARE 7,B4 THEY GO TO THEIR DAD,EITHER WAY,ACCESS IS NEVER RESTRICTED..IN U.K,WOMEN USE CHILDREN AS WEAPONS WHEN A MARRIAGE ENDS.
I DONT WANT TO BORE YOU WITH A LONG STORY,I JUST WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINOINS AND WHO SAYS THAT DIFFERENCES IN GENDER RIGHTS IN NIGERIA IS NOT FAIR,LET HIM/HER STATE HIS/HER POINTS.
MY POINT IS THAT WHAT WOMEN WANT IS NOT EQUALITY BUT DOMINATION,IF THAT EVER HAPPENS,CONSIDER THE NEXT GENERATION WORSE THAN SODDOM AND GOMORA
Re: Gender Equality Exists In Nigeria Indeed..aree Or Disagree by Mynd44: 11:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
Too long
Re: Gender Equality Exists In Nigeria Indeed..aree Or Disagree by pleep(m): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
Dude what you wrote here is the truth, but no one will read it or take u seriously if you type in all caps. Its sloppy and unprofessional...reading it just now it felt like you were yelling in my ear. Very unpleasant sad

But you are right, men are actually the victims of gender inequality. This has been obvious to me since i was a child and the girls got to sleep on the loft (in preschool) but the boys never did. But that is life and you accept it, but what really burns me up is how the whole world convinced itself that men oppress women when that is so obviously not true.

Its all because of feminism, so i try and open ppls eyes and make them think... but its one of those things that ppl don't want to accept.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore / A Thread For Single Ladies / Imagine What You Are Missing...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.