Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,412 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41316 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:29am On Jun 26, 2012
BetaThings:
That is correct (although it was Vito the Don that said it, Michael his son was then estranged) but the principle will be difficult to apply on the internet
If you don't take side on this thread, can a Ghanaian not go to other threads to copy your critical posts on GEJ and post it here. He would then be able to accuse you of hypocrisy

Well.. I agree that our posts on other threads can be put our there for everyone to see, but then again, we have the right to deal with our issues the way we choose because it OUR issue. They can watch, make suggestions, poke holes in our logic, but cannot and I repeat, cannot insult us.. We are a sovereign nation for fhuck sake..

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by denitro(m): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi:

is jonathan the governon of lagos state?

Good point.
The major thing drawing lagos back is the appalling state
of all the FEDERAL ROADS in lagos.
Drive from the airport through Oshodi - Apapa expressway - Ikeja etc
BIG Disgrace

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Just so we are on the same page... This is the definition of per Capita

Again, doesnt this show that Nigeria is in a tighter corner having a higher population than Ghana

Mr man per capita means per person. So when you use per capita income, it means income per person. Per capita figures are used, to aid comparison.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by member479760: 10:31am On Jun 26, 2012
Prof. Ayittey is one those useless Afro-prof, they are using him as agent of destruction. stupid man, what has he achieve in his life besides copy from book to book?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by pauloman(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Many times I hate coming to this site, many times I see myself coming back to see how wasted we are, how can a stranger, walk into your household and insult your parents, even if your parents are bad, no foreigner has rights to insult my leaders. For those who support this invasion by a ghanian, it will not be well with you all.

How pathetic of u to make such statement ! Its people like u that surround GEJ and are such sycophants and never let him no the objective truth from the people that voted him out there in the streets ,hence making him to wallow in his Cluelessness !!!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by sleek29(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2012
The maiduguri 'excuse' was really not smart by the president, OBJ visited the same maiduguri, how did he get there?, he clearly showed his 'unpresidentialness' with that statement, @ the peak of the war in iraq george bush visited iraq, a C-in-C talking like that only shows weakness and is capable of empowering enemies of the state, let's drop the sentiments, whether Ghanian prof or not, GEJ messed up again!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

And when has land mass became yardstick for measuring success? If not for your name and the juju wey you carry, I for blow you for my screen. smiley tongue
You fit talk say, the whole of south-east develop pass Lagos.

Wake up from your slumber!

No just try turn this quarrel to fight o!! Why you dey squeeze blow for me?! Abi you no dey fear Juju?! angry

Landmass, population density, per capita income, accessibility, education, political climate, industrialization, ethinicity, religion, diversity and a few more things are all criteria for measuring the success or failure of a Country..

I don wake since, oya you stand up from bed make you see wetin dey happen for outside.. cool
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PetroDolla: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2012
u be Okija shrine person abi na clifford orji in brother?
Can't see anything wrong with the photos of Ghana's airport you posted.I can clearly see an air traffic tower,nice tarmac n runways,n buildings to accomodate offices,arrival n departure halls. What else do you need to make an airport functional?what were you expecting to see at an airport,moronic idiota. If you have no kind words for GHANA which hosted a fool like you 4 5 yrs then shut your Okija-cursed mouth.at least in Ghana you were able to sleep with ur 2 ugly eyes closed,a luxury in igboland, and d rest of ur world-acclaimed number one fuc-k-ed up contri.

Spirit of Okija:

You are officially a person for this decietful post you just put up..

If so, then Every local government in Nigeria than can boast of a 3km stretch of highway has ann Airport then.. No dey front for us like say na only you sabi Ghana o!! 5 years in Ghana, I know that enclave like the back of my hand..

Ladies and Gentlemen... Behold SUYANI AIRPORT GHANA

Takoradi Airport y'all

Kumasi Airport

Nwokem, shift from my side you self hating Nigerian..

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ubandire(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2012
Lies. Lies. Lies. Which Ghanian professor? I think very much that This may be a cloned speech and the handiwork of SAHARAREPORTERS. This govt has in less than 1 year rehabilitated all the 4 major international airports in Nigeria? Was it not because of the bad state of Accra airport and its runway that a cargo airport crashed recently? Even the explanation from the Ghana aviation minister was awful. She said because rain fell immediately when the plane landed as if runways are not built in such a way as to have direct drainage underneath. Let the professor go and face his own challenges at home and stop talking about issues he knows nothing about.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 26, 2012
chucky234: Another mumu-maga,you must be living under Olumo rock to say Nigerians are praising OBJ.
OBJ was a soldier while GEJ is a Phd holder so we expected some intelligent decisions from GEJ but none has surfaced since taking over the reign,the reform agenda has been nothing more than waste of public funds not to talk of the SURE programmes that was used to squander subsidy money.

Who be mumu? Thunder fire you!
Whether OBJ was a soldier or a civilian doesn't matter. He was elected president, he is not better than GEJ. Get that in your flatulent brain!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by smoothlips(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: Where did they go to pick this character from? There's no end to what theses Gej haters will not do to get at him. Suddenly, they hve gone to generate a Ghanian professor to come and give a disjointed analyses of that interesting Media chat. Who interviewed this professor? Who made him world's foremost economist? I will not be surprised if this man was cloned by SAHARAREPORTERS or Kobojunkie to lend credibility to their falsehood. Let me assume that the man exist and face the issues raised.
1. He acted in ignorance when he said the president didn't declare his assets. The president indeed declared his assets but it was not made public. Even if you doubt it, the assets declaration that he did as Vp under Yaradua still subsists as he has not left office since then. So why the noise over assets declaration?
2. It is an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians for the so called Ayitteh to label our President as insane and with unsound mind. Who adjudged Jonathan as having unsound mind? Did Ayitteh evaluate a medical report to that effect? How did he arrive at this weighty derogatory statement against a PHD holder? Who is Ayitteh to tell us we voted an insane President? please there must be an end to useless propaganda.
3. The so called Ayitteh questioned why GEJ has not fixed Maidugri airport for his usage. I want to ask, has Ghana even fixed the airport at Accra talkless of the one in hinterland? Is it Not the airport where a cargo aircraft crashed due to water logged runway. Meanwhile, Gej is carrying out massive reconstruction of airports across the country. He is doing in less than one year what many of his predecessors could not do all thru their tenure. Go to Abuja airport, the domestic wing has been closed down for intensive renovation. New car parks are being built. At the international wing, the runways are being built and the entire airport infrastructure is being rebuilt. Similar projects are going on simultaneously in Enugu, Lagos, etc
4. He said GEJ's Agric revolution is only restricted to distribution of palm seedlings. What an affront on truth. Even a toddler in Nigeria has come to know about the cassava revolution and fertilizer distribution reforms scheme.
5. Thankfully, the fake prof accepted the massive construction of rail lines across the country but only faulted the projects on account of what he described as non inclusion of Nigerians in the contract. Who told him? And since when has a Ghanian assumed the role of our local content enforcement officer?
6. He ended up betraying his true identity as an interested party when he said the president needed to consult the university authority and students body before renaming Unilag. What a joke!
after reading ur post,i came to the conclusion that u are a very slow person and your ability to think out of the box is very limited
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Wislet(f): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2012
OAM4J:

May God not give me sycophants as children, children that will not criticize me and correct me when they think am doing wrong.

Geez! There is nothing evil in criticism, how will you get the best from your leader if you don't criticize?

The way some of you think.... arrrghhh!!!
learn to CRITICIZE A PERSON'S ACTIONS... NOT INSULT THE PERSON.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tjcrown: 10:38am On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: Where did they go to pick this character from? There's no end to what theses Gej haters will not do to get at him. Suddenly, they hve gone to generate a Ghanian professor to come and give a disjointed analyses of that interesting Media chat. Who interviewed this professor? Who made him world's foremost economist? I will not be surprised if this man was cloned by SAHARAREPORTERS or Kobojunkie to lend credibility to their falsehood. Let me assume that the man exist and face the issues raised.
1. He acted in ignorance when he said the president didn't declare his assets. The president indeed declared his assets but it was not made public. Even if you doubt it, the assets declaration that he did as Vp under Yaradua still subsists as he has not left office since then. So why the noise over assets declaration?
2. It is an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians for the so called Ayitteh to label our President as insane and with unsound mind. Who adjudged Jonathan as having unsound mind? Did Ayitteh evaluate a medical report to that effect? How did he arrive at this weighty derogatory statement against a PHD holder? Who is Ayitteh to tell us we voted an insane President? please there must be an end to useless propaganda.
3. The so called Ayitteh questioned why GEJ has not fixed Maidugri airport for his usage. I want to ask, has Ghana even fixed the airport at Accra talkless of the one in hinterland? Is it Not the airport where a cargo aircraft crashed due to water logged runway. Meanwhile, Gej is carrying out massive reconstruction of airports across the country. He is doing in less than one year what many of his predecessors could not do all thru their tenure. Go to Abuja airport, the domestic wing has been closed down for intensive renovation. New car parks are being built. At the international wing, the runways are being built and the entire airport infrastructure is being rebuilt. Similar projects are going on simultaneously in Enugu, Lagos, etc
4. He said GEJ's Agric revolution is only restricted to distribution of palm seedlings. What an affront on truth. Even a toddler in Nigeria has come to know about the cassava revolution and fertilizer distribution reforms scheme.
5. Thankfully, the fake prof accepted the massive construction of rail lines across the country but only faulted the projects on account of what he described as non inclusion of Nigerians in the contract. Who told him? And since when has a Ghanian assumed the role of our local content enforcement officer?
6. He ended up betraying his true identity as an interested party when he said the president needed to consult the university authority and students body before renaming Unilag. What a joke!

Mr Mekuswa or what do you call yourself. I can see that you a supporter of GEJ and you are happy with the way your president and his corrupt friends (otedollar and co) are sucking us dry. I will like you to say amen to this prayer if you are truly happy with GEJ docile style of government. MAY YOUR LIFE BE RUN THE WAY GEJ IS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. If you can say Amen i will know you truly happy with GEJ and that means i will advise you to go for a medical check up at a closer psychiatric hospital.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by mrslecturer: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2012
Pukkah: The gentleman called Mr Goodluck Jonathan is simply an uninspiring leader. He seems to be doing his best anyway, but that best does not meet the minimum requirements.

He can't even gather his thoughts properly and clearly into words. By the way, was he not a lecturer?

He was a lecturer in a COLLEGE OF EDUCATION!!!!! SO what do you expect?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by damilola15: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2012
There you have it. I've heard elders say "if you don't want an insider (family/acquaintances) to tell you the (bitter) truth, an outsider would".
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:42am On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

Mr man per capita means per person. So when you use per capita income, it means income per person. Per capita figures are used, to aid comparison.

Uncle Sir..

The per Capita income of a country is affected by so many things of which Population density, economic policies, International Trade policy, Currency value, Debt ratios, Interest rates, Gross Domestic Product, birth rate and death rate, e.t.c.. are all a part of it.

International comparisons can be distorted by differences in the costs of living between countries that aren't reflected in exchange rates, population density, GDP, GDI e.t.c.

Again, Nigeria is a far better country than Ghana.. Even God sef knows it!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by lacasa: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2012
Dis Guy:

shocked shocked

chie this Prof. must be a buhari supporter or a Northerner or SWesterner cool

Atleast, the above mentioned will perform better than Dr.Cassaava anytime any-day
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:44am On Jun 26, 2012
denitro:

Good point.
The major thing drawing lagos back is the appalling state
of all the FEDERAL ROADS in lagos.
Drive from the airport through Oshodi - Apapa expressway - Ikeja etc
BIG Disgrace

Maybe Lagos State needs to do what other States are doing which is fix the Federal roads and charge the Federal government for work done. Rivers is doing it and so are many other States

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Wislet(f): 10:44am On Jun 26, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghanaian rule now!!

The rest of West Africa is either:

1) Too French
2) Too Al Qaeda like
3) Too poor to be relevant
4) Too incompetently run

Ghanaina rule now! It is the only hope for this region!
is this an adult?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by publisher(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2012
The only reason why i love Ghanaians is their ability to hide all their nation's flaws and portray their good sides only. For weeks now,northern Ghana has been boiling,ethnic tensions and threats of genocide among the different tribes have received political attention. Personally,i think the people at Sahara reporters have twisted this Ghanaian professor's remarks and turned it up side down.
Over 70% of Nigerians were impressed with GEJ's media chat and his haters had to fight back.
If truly the Ghanaian professor said this,then his views have more to do with some 'vendetta' against Nigeria and Nigerians,not necessarily the person of GEJ.
Go to Ghanaweb and see the insults and problems facing President Attah Mills. Ghana is facing major,major challenges too.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

In other words, it is calculated on the Gross national income divided by the total population. Which doesn't actually reflect the reality of wealth or income on ground. The purchasing parity on the other hand would seems right to know how much the income can purchase in comparison to other countries.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by vinmol: 10:47am On Jun 26, 2012

MEkunsa! your father is GEJ i have gone thru all your post on nairaland and realised you are here to defend GEJ in public forums like this? how much are u been paid to sell your soul? MAY YOUR GENERATIONS AND THAT OF YOUR CHILDREN BE RULED BY GEJS OFF THIS WORLD! MAY BOKOHARAM BLOW UR GENERATIONS AWAY FOREVER

for the above comment?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Naijagunner83: 10:48am On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

Did you say 'election' or 'selection'? The best way to reject our enemies is by resisting and criticizing them which you had a problem with.
As for me, patriotism does mean the same as been a slavery - a question of freedom. Should I keep back my opinions through fear of giving offense on the guise of being patriotic.

NO! I won't die in silence. Your fathers did and here we are.
Not dying in silence is not the same as flaunting your ignorance and lack of knowledge of your Country's policies, prospects, achievements and challenges. And rather tow the folly of a mad Ghanaian proffersor who does not know us. Ghana is a fellow West African (rival) neighbour and this is an attempt to rubbish the image, pride and integrity of our fatherland

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:50am On Jun 26, 2012
PetroDolla: u be Okija shrine person abi na clifford orji in brother?
Can't see anything wrong with the photos of Ghana's airport you posted.I can clearly see an air traffic tower,nice tarmac n runways,n buildings to accomodate offices,arrival n departure halls. What else do you need to make an airport functional?what were you expecting to see at an airport,moronic idiota. If you have no kind words for GHANA which hosted a fool like you 4 5 yrs then shut your Okija-cursed mouth.at least in Ghana you were able to sleep with ur 2 ugly eyes closed,a luxury in igboland, and d rest of ur world-acclaimed number one fuc-k-ed up contri.

And the vultures have arrived..

Me sleep with my two eyes closed ke?! In Ghana?! A country that hates Nigerians as if we are the ones responsible for your horrible skin colour?! Ghana!! That I had to hide the fact that I am Nigerian for fear of a xenophobic attack.. Its still amazing how a Nigerian in Ghana is such a big deal yet Ghanaians in Nigeria are all persona non grata and nobody even bothers to identify with them specially.

And no sir!! I didnt put up the pictures to say that they were bad, but to point out that if those were the Yardstick for measuring airports, then Nigeria has over 36 airports Nationwide.. Every two Story building close to the airport is a tower, every stretch of highway longer and straighter than 3 kilometers is a runway..
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2012
I DON DIE PROF HAS FINISHED U AND I AND NOT JUST MR GEJ. THE SHAME IS ON US ALL AS A NATION. U VE 2015 TO GET IT RIGHT OR U CAN ALSO ALLOW PRIMORDIAL CONSIDERATIONS TO CLOUD UR SENSE OF JUDGEMENT AGAIN AND VOTE BASED ON RELIGIOUS, REGIONAL OR TRIBAL CONSIDERATION BUT FOR NOW WE VE TO ENDURE HIM FOR 3YRS MORE COS THAT'S THE PRICE U ALL VE TO PAY FOR 2011 ELECTION. U ELECTED/RIGGED HIM INTO OFFICE SO PART OF THE BLAME IS ON US ALL AND WE MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. IF U LIKE ELECT ANOTHER PIP THAT IS WORSE OF THAN THIS GUY IN 2015 THEN WE WILL ALSO VE TO CONTEND WITH IT AFTER THE ELECTION.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Uncle Sir..

The per Capita income of a country is affected by so many things of which Population density, economic policies, International Trade policy, Currency value, Debt ratios, Interest rates, Gross Domestic Product, birth rate and death rate, e.t.c.. are all a part of it.

International comparisons can be distorted by differences in the costs of living between countries that aren't reflected in exchange rates, population density, GDP, GDI e.t.c.

Again, Nigeria is a far better country than Ghana.. Even God sef knows it!

Oga
Like every other statistical data, HDI has its flaws. However, HDI figures are the most used and accepted by researchers in determining and comparing the general well being of countries. I tell you this as a development person.

Like I said, if you have any other statistical data please make it available.

This is the report for 2011 http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR_2011_EN_Table1.pdf . Nigeria is at an embarrassingly low level comparable to countries such as Haiti.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Orikinla(m): 10:55am On Jun 26, 2012
HNosegbe: Media Chat: Ghanaian Professor Blasts Goodluck Jonathan, Says: “This Guy is a Joke”

One of the World’s foremost economists, Professor George Ayittey has lashed out at the President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ), describing him as “a joke” and a mediocre President after his (GEJ’s) encounter with the media last night.

According to Professor Ayittey, Nigeria “deserves a better leader”, judging by GEJ’s poor, almost unfortunate responses to some of the questions posed to him by the Nigerian media last night.

The Professor indicated that GEJ’s refusal to declare his assets and his failure to tackle the Boko Haram crisis suggests that he is of an unsound mind.

He therefore called on Nigerians to rid themselves of GEJ as soon as possible.

He said: “Nigerians should not put up with such mediocrity and should mount a RECALL GEJ campaign. They should check Chapter VI of their Constitution. See Sections 143 and 144 about removing the President and Vice-President from office other than through elections”.

“137; 1c: “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind.”

Professor Ayittey, a Ghanaian economist, author, president of the Free Africa Foundation in Washington DC, professor at American University, and an associate scholar at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, made this known on twitter this morning.

Read the entire tweet below:

“Look, this GEJ guy is a joke – a meretricious mediocrity. Nigerians deserve a better leader. Fancy his statements and responses to questions in a media chat on June 24, 2012:

• He has not visited Borno state, the center of Boko Haram attacks, because the airport there was not functional at the time he planned to visit. “And we did not want to land somewhere and fly in to Maiduguri with a helicopter for obvious reasons.”

[Why is the airport not functioning? Why hasn’t it been fixed? And are there no ROADS into Borno State?]

• Asked why he had not declared his assets, Mr. Jonathan replied in an impatient tone, stating “I don’t give a damn” about declaration of assets. He related that he had gone to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua to caution “that we should not play to the hands of some people [by openly declaring their assets].” Mr. Jonathan added, “That is a matter of principle and I am not going to declare. It is not the president declaring his asset that will end Boko Haram.”

• The president said it’s a matter of principle and whether he is criticised from “head to toe” he will not declare his assets. “It is not right,” he said. “I didn’t want even want to declare my assets as VP” but was forced by the then president, Umara Musa Yar’Adua. He said asset declaration is “not the right thing to do.”

[Damn it, it is a constitutional requirement to declare your assets, Mr. President. See Chapter VI, Part 1, Section 140 of Nigeria’s Constitution: “Declaration of assets and liabilities, oaths of President.” And what the hell has Boko Haram got to do with declaration of assets?]

• Agriculture: The president said his government is revolutionizing agriculture in Nigeria.”We are giving cotton seeds free in the North” he said.

[This is the most crass definition of an “agricultural revolution” – by providing free seeds.]

• The President said the government is doing very well in railway construction. “You may not know, but we are working,” he said. He added that his government has made a “significant progress” in railway construction. “You should commend us,” he adds.

[What “significant progress” has been made in railway construction? How many Nigerians are working on railway construction with the contract given to Chinese firms?]

• UNILAG name change: The president said what he did, in terms of law, was correct. You change the name first, then send the bill to the National Assembly later, he argues. “What we did, was the normal procedure,” he said.

[No, Mr. President, you had it backward. Before you change the name of University of Lagos (UNILAG), you consult with the university and the student body, which you did NOT do.]

• Crude Oil Theft: “The stealing of crude oil is a Nigerian phenomenon,” the president said. He adds that it has gone cancerous. “We will stop it, but it is like allowing a cancerous cell to grow into a major tumor.”

[Mr. President, theft of crude oil is a CRIME, not a “Nigerian phenomenon or a disease afflicting Nigerians. Describing it that way means you are CLUELESS about how to solve it.]

Nigerians should not put up with such mediocrity and should mount a RECALL GEJ campaign.

They should check Chapter VI of their Constitution. See Sections 143 and 144 about removing the President and Vice-President from office other than through elections.

137; 1c: “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind.” Link: http:///MSxUws

Professor Ayittey holds a B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Ghana, Legon, an M.A. from the University of Western Ontario in Canada, and a Ph.D. from the University of Manitoba. He has taught at Wayne State College and Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.

He held a National Fellowship at the Hoover Institution in 1988-89, and then joined The Heritage Foundation as a Bradley Resident Scholar.

He founded The Free Africa Foundation in 1993, to serve as a catalyst for reform in Africa.

In 2008 Dr. Ayittey was listed by Foreign Policy as one of the “Top 100 Public Intellectuals” who “are shaping the tenor of our time”. He lives in Lorton, Virginia.

http://samuelobour.com/2012/06/25/media-chat-ghanaian-professor-blasts-goodluck-jonathan-says-this-guy-is-a-joke/#.T-jEA2vvGQQ.facebook

Orikinla said so too in 2011.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Naijagunner83: 10:57am On Jun 26, 2012
smoothlips:
after reading ur post,i came to the conclusion that u are a very slow person and your ability to think out of the box is very limited
After reading your response, I came to the conclusion that you have a morbid fear of learning and have blocked ur eyes, ears,mind, soul to anything that is predicated on reason. It is sad that this undercover Ghanaian mole has gained more credibility to you than the reality of your identity as a Nigerian and how prospects, progress and challenges as a Country.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Biggyd2: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2012
Are you sure Bakassi is not laughing at this country now?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mekusnwa: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2012
tjcrown:

Mr Mekuswa or what do you call yourself. I can see that you a supporter of GEJ and you are happy with the way your president and his corrupt friends (otedollar and co) are sucking us dry. I will like you to say amen to this prayer if you are truly happy with GEJ docile style of government. MAY YOUR LIFE BE RUN THE WAY GEJ IS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. If you can say Amen i will know you truly happy with GEJ and that means i will advise you to go for a medical check up at a closer psychiatric hospital.
if you were not an ignorant f.ool, you would hve refuted all the facts contained in my earlier post. You are one of those that have refused to see the good works that this man is doing and posterity will judge you. Look at how you guys are deliberately fabricating lies and propagating falsehood against a presidential chat that we all watched. They asked this man about why he sacked Azazi, he told us it was part of his restructuring plans to tackle the dynamic Boko haram challenge. You don't know what this man is passing thru and why he had to kick out his brother in favor of a northerner yet you ain't satisfied. They went ahead to ask him why he didn't cancel his trip to Brazil because of Kaduna riots, this man took his time to xplain to the journalist about the advice his colleague President gave him that he should never let Boko haram activities distract him from meeting other governance issues. He remarked that it was the desire of those terrorists to have him cancel the trip so as to send the wrong signals to the international community. He equally added that even before he left, he had taken all necessary measures plus a curfew to put the situation under control. From Brasil, he was still in touch with the security apparatchik and thus monitored the operation that led to the capturing of Hammed Baba. What else do you want GEJ to do? Maybe wear soldier uniforms and head to kaunabwith rifle in hand

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Zutchy: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2012
pauloman:

How pathetic of u to make such statement ! Its people like u that surround GEJ and are such sycophants and never let him no the objective truth from the people that voted him out there in the streets ,hence making him to wallow in his Cluelessness !!!
And I am very sure that you will be the best person to advise the president on matters of state,of course you are wiser than Mrs Okonjo Iweala who is the coordinating minister for the economy,I believe she is also among the sycophants that surround GEJ abi,of course they are all lying to him according to you.get a life pls.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tpapi: 11:00am On Jun 26, 2012
Excuzeme: Nigerian People? Always ready with an excuse, no matter how silly, to justify ineptitude!

*It is not whether Ghana is better than Nigeria...
*It is not whether this man (The prof) is a Ghananian or Nigerian....
*It is not about whether Hausas want to grab power or power should remain in the south.....
*It is not about whether l am PDP and You are ACN or whatever party name that comes to your mind....
*It is not about whether some hate or like GEJ, whether they are South-South or North-South or West-East or whatever!.....

IT IS ABOUT GOOD GOVERNANCE IN NIGERIA AND EFFECTIVE, PROACTIVE LEADERSHIP.

On these accounts, Jonathan comes across as a complete MEDIOCRE and FRAUD!

All the "paid praise-singers" on N/land can abuse me all day and night but it does not change the fact that this President is a MIS-FIT for that position!
Haaba? How low can Nigeria's Presidency get after these?

Sad indeed.

is dat y u r stil sponsorin dos boko boys, IMBE

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

I Am Igbo And I Support Operation Python Dance 100% / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018 / Allen Onyema Honoured By House Of Representatives - Air Peace Boss Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.