Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,400 members, 7,846,689 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (974146 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by newman10(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2012
newman10: Gurus, pls help a brother out. I have a Tecno T3 phone which is not rooted. Anytime I install app to the sd card, it works fine until after a day or two when the app icon will turn greyish and would not open again. It is otherwise if installed on the phone memory. What could be the problem? secondly, How do I uninstall a pre installed app as I dont like some of them? The sd card is the follow come card in case anyone wants to say the card is fake. Thank you.

Guys help me out o!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
Lovexme:

No mind the guy. Fairly use Desire S should cost between 25k and 35k at most. Dunno where he got his selling price from.
Fairly used Desire S for N35k?!! .... SMH
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lawalmd(m): 8:58am On Aug 10, 2012
Please house who knows an engineer that can fix a broken screen it is an htc mytouch 4g slide. It fell and now the screen is broken
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2012
For months I was trying to get my Fidelity visa card to work on the Google market so I could buy stuff legally. After I finally give up and resort to the Ogle Black market grin for free stuff, It mysteriously starts working.
What's the incentive for me to leave black Market na?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:06am On Aug 10, 2012
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

since you could disturb me on twitter, then refuse to reply ur DMs

your Exhibit 4G is a variant of the galaxy s.

this is what you are looking for http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1068

at this rate im beginning to suspect you have attention deficiency syndrome tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
mykali: I wanna ask a question. What are the benefits of rooting your Android device? What are you going to enjoy that you are not already enjoying?

I want someone to sincerely answer this with simple examples. I will appreciate it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Demdem(m): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
3kay945:

I want someone to sincerely answer this with simple examples. I will appreciate it.

I also want sincere answers too. The disadvantages should also be highlighted. There should be many undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by newman10(m): 12:23am On Aug 11, 2012
newman10: Gurus, pls help a brother out. I have a Tecno T3 phone which is not rooted. Anytime I install app to the sd card, it works fine until after a day or two when the app icon will turn greyish and would not open again. It is otherwise if installed on the phone memory. What could be the problem? secondly, How do I uninstall a pre installed app as I dont like some of them? The sd card is the follow come card in case anyone wants to say the card is fake. Thank you.

Somebody help o angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 1:10am On Aug 11, 2012
Demdem:

I also want sincere answers too. The disadvantages should also be highlighted. There should be many undecided

Rooting gives U total control of ur fone....enable U to flash ROMs that would that would wow U. Remove system apps that just consume space, bandwidth and are battery zappers.....run apps that won't run on an unrooted fone e.g Droidwall.......the list goes ON and ON.

Mehn.....visit XDA to learn more.

As for disadvantages.....the only disadvantage is the CAVEAT: If U don't know what ur about to do.....don't attempt else U risk bricking it.......and only U and U alone is liable for anything that happens to ur fone if U decide to use any developer's software to root
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Demdem(m): 6:47am On Aug 11, 2012
Ok thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2012
puskin:

Rooting gives U total control of ur fone....enable U to flash ROMs that would that would wow U. Remove system apps that just consume space, bandwidth and are battery zappers.....run apps that won't run on an unrooted fone e.g Droidwall.......the list goes ON and ON.

Mehn.....visit XDA to learn more.

As for disadvantages.....the only disadvantage is the CAVEAT: If U don't know what ur about to do.....don't attempt else U risk bricking it.......and only U and U alone is liable for anything that happens to ur fone if U decide to use any developer's software to root
could it make the phone work faster?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2012
As an example of what puskin has said, some of those aps give you a lot more control than you get from a non-rooted phone, someone talked about not having enough memory on phone; i used to have that problem on my phone till i discovered link2sd, an app which if you partition your sdcard can allow you to install apps on the second sdcard partion as if it was phone memory; it works better than app2sd and the best part is that ven when i enable usb storage those apps on that other partition are still enabled; for those who are finicky about unnecessary apps running in the background - the ones that refuse to exit (e.g. whatsapp) there are some other that can keep these apps from coming up automatically; most of these apps require root access to install and the others generally have limited functionality without root access
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mykali(m): 11:15am On Aug 12, 2012
Ok good answers. I will root the phone. I just hope the Androidian gods are with me on this one and nothing goes wrong
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
mykali: Ok good answers. I will root the phone. I just hope the Androidian gods are with me on this one and nothing goes wrong
nothing will go wrong as long as u know what u are doing
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by v3: 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
4llerbuntu: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

since you could disturb me on twitter, then refuse to reply ur DMs

your Exhibit 4G is a variant of the galaxy s.

this is what you are looking for http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1068

at this rate im beginning to suspect you have attention deficiency syndrome tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
embarassed embarassed
I visited the site, saw a couple of good things and wanted to try out some of the ROMs but Odin didn't detect my phone so i stopped,thanks all the same sir
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Guddy(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
Hello android guys I just got my samsung galaxy s 2 from revive technologies and am about to start enjoying the android world with you guys. The problem am having now is that most of the internet apps do not connect via tge packet data except for the internet browser and google search. I have been told to take it to samsung service centre however so they can help me upgrade and do every other necessary setups. But for now i want you guys to welcome me with a warm embrace and give me so guide on how to enjoy the android world with you guys. Mind you am a novice in android os so treat me well please. Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Sweetdoct247(m): 8:11am On Aug 13, 2012
Morning Gurus, pls how can I download and install android apps from a pc without having to use my phones 3G or wireless connection?  I want to be able to simply download an app into my pc and then syc/transfer it to my phone irrespective of whether my the fone is connected to the internet or not. The only way I've been able to get apps is from google play and I've noticed whether I accessed it thru pc or the phone itself It still requires my fone's 3G/wirelss connectivity to download into the fone and considering data costs certain apps which I'd rather have are "simply no-gos" or how wld one download a game of over 500mb on a capped data? embarassed. I know there is usually a way around all these things so I'm asking for help. Until now I've only used Nokia and apple and I can download anything from their markets thru the pc suite/itunes no matter the size and have it transferred to my phone but the case is not the same here samsung kies can only download samsung apps and it does not access the google's play store. Going thru the posts here a number of good sites from where  android apps can be downloaded have been posted but after downloading how do I install it on the fone?  I'm completely new to android so pls simple instructions and links will be appreciated. Phone is SG3 thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 2kurupt(m): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2012
xzibukz: ICS Rocks!!!

Guy, what's the name of the weather app your using?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 10:31am On Aug 13, 2012
Guddy: Hello android guys I just got my samsung galaxy s 2 from revive technologies and am about to start enjoying the android world with you guys. The problem am having now is that most of the internet apps do not connect via tge packet data except for the internet browser and google search. I have been told to take it to samsung service centre however so they can help me upgrade and do every other necessary setups. But for now i want you guys to welcome me with a warm embrace and give me so guide on how to enjoy the android world with you guys. Mind you am a novice in android os so treat me well please. Thanks

Sweetdoct247: Morning Gurus, pls how can I download and install android apps from a pc without having to use my phones 3G or wireless connection?  I want to be able to simply download an app into my pc and then syc/transfer it to my phone irrespective of whether my the fone is connected to the internet or not. The only way I've been able to get apps is from google play and I've noticed whether I accessed it thru pc or the phone itself It still requires my fone's 3G/wirelss connectivity to download into the fone and considering data costs certain apps which I'd rather have are "simply no-gos" or how wld one download a game of over 500mb on a capped data? embarassed. I know there is usually a way around all these things so I'm asking for help. Until now I've only used Nokia and apple and I can download anything from their markets thru the pc suite/itunes no matter the size and have it transferred to my phone but the case is not the same here samsung kies can only download samsung apps and it does not access the google's play store. Going thru the posts here a number of good sites from where  android apps can be downloaded have been posted but after downloading how do I install it on the fone?  I'm completely new to android so pls simple instructions and links will be appreciated. Phone is SG3 thanks.

This is Hard to say but u guys will need to go tru the whole thread and also part 1 too
and while u r at it use GOOGLE ... u will be amazed d info u get learn frm it
Also go to d individual section of ur fones on XDA Forum

cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
Nobody send me o, I just decided to flash a new ROM for the fun of it. After flashing the phone wouldn't boot completely, it just remains on the Cyano logo. I then did a hard reset after which it successfully came on. Problem is, Optimus Black that used to boot in about a minute now does so in 6 fricking minutes.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
edoyad: Nobody send me o, I just decided to flash a new ROM for the fun of it. After flashing the phone wouldn't boot completely, it just remains on the Cyano logo. I then did a hard reset after which it successfully came on. Problem is, Optimus Black that used to boot in about a minute now does so in 6 fricking minutes.

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue sorry dat m harsh but experimenting with ya fone sucks at times!!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
Sweetdoct247: Morning Gurus, pls how can I download and install android apps from a pc without having to use my phones 3G or wireless connection?  I want to be able to simply download an app into my pc and then syc/transfer it to my phone irrespective of whether my the fone is connected to the internet or not. The only way I've been able to get apps is from google play and I've noticed whether I accessed it thru pc or the phone itself It still requires my fone's 3G/wirelss connectivity to download into the fone and considering data costs certain apps which I'd rather have are "simply no-gos" or how wld one download a game of over 500mb on a capped data? embarassed. I know there is usually a way around all these things so I'm asking for help. Until now I've only used Nokia and apple and I can download anything from their markets thru the pc suite/itunes no matter the size and have it transferred to my phone but the case is not the same here samsung kies can only download samsung apps and it does not access the google's play store. Going thru the posts here a number of good sites from where  android apps can be downloaded have been posted but after downloading how do I install it on the fone?  I'm completely new to android so pls simple instructions and links will be appreciated. Phone is SG3 thanks.

i use real apk leecher
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
joanana:
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue sorry dat m harsh but experimenting with ya fone sucks at times!!!!!

Stop na. I had to spice things up, almost a year together.

Please I've realised another problem, I cant fit enter Market. I noticed my Gmail not functioning anymore even after I restored a backed up apk. Who knows what I could do to get Gmail running ? What a badddttt day.
angry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
I just installed Cerberus on my Galaxy S III. Apparently it can even survive a full wipe on rooted devices. I'm not sure how many thieves will think of flashing a whole new custom ROM so it's almost fool-proof.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
edoyad:

Stop na. I had to spice things up, almost a year together.

Please I've realised another problem, I cant fit enter Market. I noticed my Gmail not functioning anymore even after I restored a backed up apk. Who knows what I could do to get Gmail running ? What a badddttt day.
angry

Flash stock rom and start all over. stop wasting your time
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by statusnet(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
Pls help me here bros, where can i get the pda to root my phone ?

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Flash stock rom and start all over. stop wasting your time

Choi!! Bringer of Badnews. Actually I was afraid I would have to do that, oh well sad cry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Sundayademola(m): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
Beloved thread. Apk boys
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
edoyad:

Choi!! Bringer of Badnews. Actually I was afraid I would have to do that, oh well sad cry
hahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;sorwey!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by holusormi(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
talking about custom roms, cyanogen mod has been ma worst experience ever,i flashed it on ma HTC mytouch 4g, and d first tin d freaking ROM did was to corrupt ma 16gig memory card and render it useless, second tin it did was to turn ma fone to a heating machine,, pretty bad experience......,, anoda nightmarish ROM i flashed was miui., well to be fiar it's d finest ROM i ever seen, buh it gat just two "LITTLE" problems, firstly d phone gets so hot,i gave to turn d freaking ac on, secondly ma battery only lasts a meager 4 hours, can you imagine!!!!
now when all hope seemed to be lost,i discovered the dark unicorn aokp ics based ROM,, men dis ROM is a piece of heaven,,,sooooo cool, Everytin works perfectly (just some force close issues with Google search widget) and ma battery life is superb..its also a fine ROM sha.....
share your experiences and tell us your favorite custom roms
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
^^^ grin Cyan looked so pretty when it was booting on my phone but that's where it ended.
It kept booting for aeons and never came on

edoyad:

4ller, I cannot over state how important it is for guys to back up their ROMs and throw it somewhere. I found my back up and recovered it to the day I made it. Aren't I brilliant grin

joanana:
:ohahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;sorwey!
Go and tell your master that you failed, My baby is like brand new now. tongue tongue grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by holusormi(m): 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
yeah,true talk..backups are important and as far as I'm concerned, cyanogen na bull shit in hd

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.