Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (977152 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lockheed55(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
BlackBaron: Dang! I got banned by the spambot and my post got hidden. angry

There's a new Chinese quadcore phone. 'Xiaomi Phone 2' 4.3 inch ips display,16gb and all. Ships with MIUI UI and jellybean as stock. @$310 that's certainly a deal breaker.

"The Xiaomi Mi-Two is going to be the fastest smartphone on the market when it launches in October. We've seen dual-core Krait CPUs stand up to quad-core Cortex-A9 designs (Tegra 3, Exynos 4), but the APQ8064 chipset has four Krait cores, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 320 (over the Adreno 225 of current Snapdragon S4s). Xiaomi promises Xbox 360-like graphics performance and that might not just be PR talk."

great phone i think. i wish to know what fellow nlers think about it
https://www.nairaland.com/1020650/xiaomi-china-apple-challenger-unveils#11836391
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2012
lockheed55:

"The Xiaomi Mi-Two is going to be the fastest smartphone on the market when it launches in October. We've seen dual-core Krait CPUs stand up to quad-core Cortex-A9 designs (Tegra 3, Exynos 4), but the APQ8064 chipset has four Krait cores, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 320 (over the Adreno 225 of current Snapdragon S4s). Xiaomi promises Xbox 360-like graphics performance and that might not just be PR talk."

https://www.nairaland.com/1020650/xiaomi-china-apple-challenger-unveils#11836391
yeah very cool fone
sadly only for china market at the moment sad

Guys these chinko uys hv gone far oh . . i tink its only cos dey dnt hv d name n enuf resources like oda bigshots dats y dey kinda still rated low
Have u guys seen d review on MEIZU MX4? . .dere was a review of latest quad cores . . SG3/OneX/LGHD4X & Meize Mx4 on gsmarena . . men frm dat review ..d meizu is a fone to consider oh smiley smiley

Well for now i tink d Shinko fones dat enter naija (lagos computer village, to be precise grin) are really very very very low end pkalasa fones . . .dont tink dos guys have d stomach to import high tech chinko fones like d Xiaomi or Meizu grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2012
The problem with those meizu people is that that product never gets out of China.

Not that I blame them tho, the demand in China alone sef na die.

Not surprised tho, china is starting to have some really premium technology producers. Lenovo, meizu....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2012
lockheed55:

https://www.nairaland.com/1020650/xiaomi-china-apple-challenger-unveils#

That's a great phone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
Wow! That's an amazing phone right there, and for ONLY 314USD? shocked
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cardoso111(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2012
I received a Galaxy Note and needs your advice on how to manage this Android especially the cost of running internet on it.I need your honest advise
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
hello guys, I tried to unlock bootloader of my Ericsson xperia neo with the fastboot run window but got stucked at waiting for device. what can i do ? pls i will appreciate ur useful comments. thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 5:53am On Aug 18, 2012
IceColdSandwich..........some ROMs are just too sweet.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 7:13am On Aug 18, 2012
URRRGH! angry
I WANT ICS embarassed
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 8:03am On Aug 18, 2012
KazeKage1: URRRGH! angry
I WANT ICS embarassed

You know what to do.

Don't be scared like a certain puksin tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 8:07am On Aug 18, 2012
3kay945: hello guys, I tried to unlock bootloader of my Ericsson xperia neo with the fastboot run window but got stucked at waiting for device. what can i do ? pls i will appreciate ur useful comments. thanks

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions

For the Xperia Neo,power off the phone and press down the Menu button as you connect the phone via usb. The light indicator should turn blue.

Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2012
puskin: IceColdSandwich..........some ROMs are just too sweet.

You just found the courage to upgrade to ICS when people are stepping up to Jelly Bean. cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 8:16am On Aug 18, 2012
aieromon:

You know what to do.

Don't be scared like a certain puksin tongue
My phone is a Galaxy S variant and i was able to find certain things that i REALLY like in the link 4ller sent to me. However, my problem lies with Odin as it refuses to detect my phone so i can flash the ROM i downloaded. It hurts angry cry
I've got the phone here; the ROM; but Odin is just acting
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 8:23am On Aug 18, 2012
KazeKage1:
My phone is a Galaxy S variant and i was able to find certain things that i REALLY like in the link 4ller sent to me. However, my problem lies with Odin as it refuses to detect my phone so i can flash the ROM i downloaded. It hurts angry cry
I've got the phone here; the ROM; but Odin is just acting

That's odd. Check for the version of the Odin and try reinstallation.

My 2 cents.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2012
Okay, now Odin detects my phone. smiley
However if i decide to go into recovery mode, i get the "USB Device not recognised" error.
Secondly, I can't find the .tar file i need in the ROM i downloaded.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 8:35am On Aug 18, 2012
aieromon:

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions

For the Xperia Neo,power off the phone and press down the Menu button as you connect the phone via usb. The light indicator should turn blue.

Thanks

that exactly what I did, after putting in the first code from the site you posted, It got stucked at waiting for device.
if the problem is the driver, how can I install it manually cos I already have many on my system.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2012
KazeKage1: Okay, now Odin detects my phone. smiley
However if i decide to go into recovery mode, i get the "USB Device not recognised" error.
Secondly, I can't find the .tar file i need in the ROM i downloaded.

Have you checked usb debugging?

As for the tar file,you need to go back to the thread where you downloaded the ROM. Is it possible to extract the ROM file to show the individual components?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2012
3kay945:

that exactly what I did, after putting in the first code from the site you posted, It got stucked at waiting for device.
if the problem is the driver, how can I install it manually cos I already have many on my system.

Did you get an ok response at Step 15? That determines if the device is properly connected.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 9:32am On Aug 18, 2012
aieromon:

Have you checked usb debugging?

As for the tar file,you need to go back to the thread where you downloaded the ROM. Is it possible to extract the ROM file to show the individual components?
I checked that[usb debugging], no luck.
I extracted the ROM file but couldn't find the individual files Odin needed. sad
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Seyilome(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2012
pls nairalanders is android phone with 384MB RAM with OS 2.3 still ok? then should i go for LG L3 DUAL as a begginer? thanks for ur concerns
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 10:57am On Aug 18, 2012
aieromon:

Did you get an ok response at Step 15? That determines if the device is properly connected.
No! I didn't get any ok response. just ' waiting for device'
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2012
aieromon:

You just found the courage to upgrade to ICS when people are stepping up to Jelly Bean. cheesy

I don't give a damn about ICS......I just flash a new ROM every 2weeks, whether it is ICS related or not.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
puskin:

I don't give a damn about ICS......I just flash a new ROM every 2weeks, whether it is ICS related or not.

Ok Sir cool
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
3kay945:

maybe u shd enable USB DEBUGGING in the fone settings and also put ur fone in fastboot mode
jst my 2 cents kobo sha
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2012
3kay945:

Waiting for device means the phone hasnt been booted into fastboot mode. Disconnect the usb and power down the device. Press down on the Menu button as you attempt to reconnect the device to the computer via usb. If it still gives this error, it, means the full fastboot window drivers have not been installed.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 12:57am On Aug 19, 2012
aieromon:

Waiting for device means the phone hasnt been booted into fastboot mode. Disconnect the usb and power down the device. Press down on the Menu button as you attempt to reconnect the device to the computer via usb. If it still gives this error, it, means the full fastboot window drivers have not been installed.
it's finally done now, thanks to you. so what do you advise next?

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2012
blackweaver:
Galaxy ace? not a bad phone but Froyo (android 2.2)? in this day and age? well see if you can upgrade the os, the interface looks a little jaded to me,
ics may be released for the phone by now; nut i expect it should at least have gingerbread upgradedates

blackweaver,can u help me wit d upgrading of the phone? I have try severally but I dont seem to get it. You can inbox me ur no so that we can talk better.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2012
3kay945:
it's finally done now, thanks to you. so what do you advise next?

Do visit the xda forum and find out rooting instructions for your device.

Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
ewerex:

blackweaver,can u help me wit d upgrading of the phone? I have try severally but I dont seem to get it. You can inbox me ur no so that we can talk better.

Go to the Samsung website and download kies, install it, connect your phone, there should be an option somewhere to upgrade your phone.
on the other hand, if you have wifi network you connect to on your phone, go to settings -> about phone -> software update (it might be different on your phone, mine uses android 2.3)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 11:48am On Aug 20, 2012
Pls I need a samsung galaxy s3, anyone with any for sale?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2012
got my first android htc less than 3 weeks now, got stolen around ikeja yesterday, poor me, didnt install tracking apps. Cant even do much to track it. I JUST WHICH I CAN DESTROY THAT PHONE REMOTELY.GUYS AND GURLS, PLEASE IF YOU HAVE NOT INSTALL ANTI THEFT APPS, PLEASE DO SO IMMEDIATELY ,THERE ARE MANY FREE ONES ON MARKET THAT EVEN WHEN THE SIM IS CHANGED IT CAN STILL SEND THE NEW NUMBER TO YOUR GOOGLE EMAIL AND YOU CAN TRACK ITS LOCATION EASILY.THIS HAS THOUGHT ME BIG LESSON, DO THE SAME BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHEN THEY WILL COME VISITING....

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.