Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,072 members, 7,849,353 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:21 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (974636 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
Found a decent camera application called HDR+

did not quite get what was gwan with the thing at first but apparently that thing is taking crazy pictures with my 8MP camera. really good quality.

it takes three shots in quick succession at different exposures and rates and combines them on the fly with 5 secs to a very very high quality picture with superb quality, as in WOW!!

i no fit upload sample pic here but i can tell you its worth a trial.

Play store is your daddy for this bad boy! about $4 only!! grinhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almalence.hdr_plus&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hbG1hbGVuY2UuaGRyX3BsdXMiXQ..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by simon2x1: 3:43pm On Aug 31, 2012
Seyilome: pls nairalanders is android phone with 384MB RAM with OS 2.3 still ok? then should i go for LG L3 DUAL as a begginer? thanks for ur concerns
How many app can I download with this phone on is internal memory ,size of the internal memeory and what's the price
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
4llerbuntu: Found a decent camera application called HDR+

did not quite get what was gwan with the thing at first but apparently that thing is taking crazy pictures with my 8MP camera. really good quality.

it takes three shots in quick succession at different exposures and rates and combines them on the fly with 5 secs to a very very high quality picture with superb quality, as in WOW!!

Play store is your daddy for this bad boy! about $4 only!! grinhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almalence.hdr_plus&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hbG1hbGVuY2UuaGRyX3BsdXMiXQ..

Too expensive.. grin grin....make I check am for aptoide first.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
puskin:

OLE grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zpakln(f): 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
Thank you
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
4llerbuntu: Found a decent camera application called HDR+

I should have thought HDR mode was built in by default for many shipping Android phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2012
puskin:

Too expensive.. grin grin...
Lol. Keep that name on the down-low. FBI's started shutting black market,applanet,appbucket and snappzmarket got the treatment last week.

Only use it to test apps before I commit.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2012
For shame. over 70% of you are working...$4.99 is less than N1000. Stop making noise about Android if you can't occasionally support devs.

I used to rip Android apps before...but then I discovered I could tie my credit card to the Android Market last year. Since then i've paid my way for most apps on my GS III.

We'll never get rid of Piracy, but at least let's make the effort to support devs once in a while instead of defaulting to the scene.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 11:41am On Sep 01, 2012
Do understand your point. Had an epiphany time ago. Only use it for the odd 'pulled' Google play apps or test any expensive app worth buying. Besides, loads of app on sale today at just $0.99, that's #135 I think.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Afamdman(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
A call for andriod lovers, a chance to help in the building blocks and development in a 10inch tablet soon to hit the market. Please see this post and drop your comments.
Thanks Air360 tablet development team.
https://www.nairaland.com/1035524/andriod-brainstorm-sessions
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2012
texazzpete: For shame. over 70% of you are working...$4.99 is less than N1000. Stop making noise about Android if you can't occasionally support devs.

I used to rip Android apps before...but then I discovered I could tie my credit card to the Android Market last year. Since then i've paid my way for most apps on my GS III.

We'll never get rid of Piracy, but at least let's make the effort to support devs once in a while instead of defaulting to the scene.

Your thought.........your rules..........your way.

puskin:

My thought............my rules...............my way.

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
somebody called me .

was spooked!!!! dude is my number that exposed?

anyway i think i understand ur ish.

what i would recommend is, back up your stuff. copy out ur mem card things. put it in a card reader or something else and format it.

then factory reset your phone. if you lose root, root it again.

then return your memory card. DO NOT PARTITION YET.

Gingerbread can actually move to SD, so try that first. forget the partition thingy first. im thinking your rom does not have the necessary modules anyway.

if that works ur cool. if it does not, try APP2SD first before u try Move2SD

if they still dont work you definitely have to look for a custom rom.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2012
texazzpete:

I should have thought HDR mode was built in by default for many shipping Android phones.
Its there, or something like that is there. Called burst mode. But going by the atrocity most oem did to the stock camera settings its as good as not being there.

Hopefully the samsung galaxy camera will be decent so we can grab the apps and tweaks for our custom roms.

Fact is on android a camera less the 8 MP is not there at for fotography. Anoda reason why nokia would have won the so called android race hands down
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:04am On Sep 02, 2012
so i tried ucweb because of the opperamini ish on zain. i am very much im pressed.

first is they finally adopted opera style home page with large link tabs. (hope opera dont have a patent!!)

its waaaay faster now, they now implement server side compression cleaner code. was even able to play youtube vids and i dont have flash installed, guess its html5. t

something funny going on with the input box tho, stray characters n all

these chinese folks are learning o. definitely worth a shot for opera style browsing. even page formatting is much better now
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2012
4llerbuntu:
Its there, or something like that is there. Called burst mode. But going by the atrocity most oem did to the stock camera settings its as good as not being there.

Hopefully the samsung galaxy camera will be decent so we can grab the apps and tweaks for our custom roms.

Fact is on android a camera less the 8 MP is not there at for fotography. Anoda reason why nokia would have won the so called android race hands down

1) Burst mode isn't HDR...it just shoots loads of images quickly and then allows you choose the best.

2) Nokia's cameras on the N9, Lumia 800 and 900 have not been spectacular. They would never have been been able to launch a Pureview device on Android anytime before now.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2012
puskin:

Your thought.........your rules..........your way.

My thought............my rules...............my way.

Pirating apps costing between N200 - N800? Your rules, yes...but also your values tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by leunamme93(m): 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2012
is there any app like dragon dictator on andriod?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Jethrovich(m): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2012
Please I need an app that will enable delete some temporary files on my phone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 6:43am On Sep 03, 2012
leunamme93: is there any app like dragon dictator on andriod?

I'm not sure...but if you go jellybean, there's offline dictation built in.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 8:14am On Sep 03, 2012
puskin:

Thief grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bluejeff(m): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
house,hlp out pls. i just got an android. i downloaded a few app but even when am not using any, my mb keeps consuming. what do i do pls ?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mechanicaldummie(m): 7:38am On Sep 04, 2012
htc desire hd (1Ghz single core cpu) & galaxy ace 2 (800Mhz dual core). Which o'em do i buy nw? Me is corn-FUSED!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:09am On Sep 04, 2012
mechanicaldummie: htc desire hd (1Ghz single core cpu) & galaxy ace 2 (800Mhz dual core). Which o'em do i buy nw? Me is corn-FUSED!

desire. no doubt
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2012
mechanicaldummie: htc desire hd (1Ghz single core cpu) & galaxy ace 2 (800Mhz dual core). Which o'em do i buy nw? Me is corn-FUSED!
4llerbuntu:

desire. no doubt
yeah . . .Desire
but knw dat no official support for ICS upwards . . .but there r always custom ROMs hehehehe wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 9:43am On Sep 04, 2012
Now i'm regretting not picking up the Nexus 7 and to think it costs just 55k at A********, Ikeja. Man, those guys got phones for days and their prices are the best around.

@4ller
How far with the chin tablets?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:59am On Sep 04, 2012
KazeKage1: Now i'm regretting not picking up the Nexus 7 and to think it costs just 55k at A********, Ikeja. Man, those guys got phones for days and their prices are the best around.

@4ller
How far with the chin tablets?

not far o. ur guy now selling em for 38k on tech board.

just order em yaself noni. chikena!!~ grin grin grin grin no pain, no gain, every venture is a risk noni!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2012
4llerbuntu:

not far o. ur guy now selling em for 38k on tech board.

just order em yaself noni. chikena!!~ grin grin grin grin no pain, no gain, every venture is a risk noni!!
No o, na u be my chairman o..if u say "proceed" i no go look back o grin tongue
He's getting praise from some of the guys on the thread he's done business with, but i'm playing safe. Money doesn't grow on trees you know? embarassed
I just need a tablet that can make phone calls.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2012
KazeKage1:

I just need a tablet that can make phone calls.

this is NOT common, note.

btw why sef? even if it has a 3G radio, its not likely to have telephony capability. tho i think u can push the phonebook/call apk into it. i just dont know if it will work for calls.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mechanicaldummie(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2012
lynxnoon:

yeah . . .Desire
but knw dat no official support for ICS upwards . . .but there r always custom ROMs hehehehe wink
hmmm... i see. Thanks bruv!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
4llerbuntu:

this is NOT common, note.

btw why sef? even if it has a 3G radio, its not likely to have telephony capability. tho i think u can push the phonebook/call apk into it. i just dont know if it will work for calls.

I think i'll just stick with regular android phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
Atlast, I rooted my android, installed custom roms and kernels and am enjoying every bit of it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2012
KazeKage1:
I think i'll just stick with regular android phones.

try that ur guy na!! he says he can get one that makes calls for 35k.

i think that he is worth a trial now, im guessing he prolly wont run away with your cash, but u never can tell sha.(im not his agent)

i think at times he has some already in the country that he wants to sell, that way its cash and carry.

whatever you do, i recommend you stick with an ainol. they have the OS images online.
or if you can do western union or paypal, just order em yaself. the whole thing for now is about $154
www.ainol-novo.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.