Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (971670 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
leunamme93: its kind of funny because i remember asking you last year for advise on one querty samsung y pro dous.

i tire o. its just very funny
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
Meanwhile after reading the last 3 pages here i need to laff my head off cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

abeg make nobody vex here o, just continue. NanniesRUs
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Mannylex(m): 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
4llerbuntu: Meanwhile after reading the last 3 pages here i need to laff my head off cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

abeg make nobody vex here o, just continue. NanniesRUs

4ller waddup naw, why you scarce for here? I no some peeps could be annoying, but don't walk out on something you have been on for a very long time wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
edoyad: I've bricked my LG thrill, it's stuck in boot loop and I have to go through one damn downloading process with LG mobile support tool just to revive it. After restoring I'm considering moving on to something better, may be HTC one. HTC one users in the house, can you help me with your testimonies, how good is that device ?

Thank you all for your responses grin grin grin grin grin

Anyways I think I like it, down sides are no memory card slot and the battery is non detachable undecided . Those are provisions I am willing to give up for NFC and beats audio wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
Leopantro:
Actually no, my friends would do extensive checks in any phone they are interested in buying so that they wouldn't throw away money and have the same problem you have. That's why they are my friends
Pride cool
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dikachiii: Please I need help, My S2 just turned off by itself and won't come one. If I plug it to charge it, it will keep vibrating without charging or coming on. Yesterday it was rebooting by itself and stopped now it won't charge or come one. Someone help please.
Someone Please help.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
herveze:
is it by force to re read the post?
SO UR QUOTING ME?? AYT.. NO ONE Z FORCING YHU TO DO NADA....

GOODLUCK WITH UR D3..

LWKMDgrin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Leopantro:
Actually no, my friends would do extensive checks in any phone they are interested in buying so that they wouldn't throw away money and have the same problem you have. That's why they are my friends
LOL.. TRUEST FACT...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
4llerbuntu: its like there is nothing some folks wont do on NL to continue their imaginary beef with my person

imagine one fellow made a list of BLACKBERRY advocates on NL and inserted my name grin grin grin grin grin grin

i haven't stopped laughing since each time i remember it. as in, even if na today u join NL, u looked at my posts and concluded that? cry cry cry

im sure in 10 months time, someone will include my name in a list of Tecno Advocates again...
NL is just worth a laugh everytime grin grin grin wink

saw the list myself; at first i was tempted to correct the guy but i decided if 4ller wants to defend himself, a whole SAN (ok barrister) should be able to do it even better than i ever could
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
herveze:
thank you,someone said that i should root the phone maybe that will increase the speed,did u know how to root techo d3

no, never used a tecno, so i don't know how to root one but i think a google search for rooting d3 o a NL search should give you the required info. That said, i seriously doubt rooting will increase the browsing speed seeing that the limitation is hardware based, not software
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
blackweaver:

saw the list myself; at first i was tempted to correct the guy but i decided if 4ller wants to defend himself, a whole SAN (ok barrister) should be able to do it even better than i ever could

Where's the list at? grin * hunting it down*
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by herveze: 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Leopantro:
i know realise that u are too proud, are you saying the phone you or friends are using now did not lack anything,even your brain lack knowledge,dindinrin.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
[quote author=herveze]
i know realise that u are too proud, are you saying the phone you or friends are using now did not lack anything,even your brain lack knowledge,dindinrin. [quote author=herveze]

; D

Android stick mutates into a home server

Kiss that energy hungry PC you’ve
been using as a home server
goodbye. [Vince Loschiavo] shows
us how he squeezed a remarkable
amount of functionality out of an
inexpensive Android stick which
manages his home’s digital empire .
He started off just wanting some
network attached storage. For this he
grabbed an MK802 Android Stick
which you can get for a song if you
find the right deal. To bend it to his
will he said goodbye to the Android
OS, installing Ubuntu for ARM
instead. The stick (which is missing
its case in the image above)
connects to a USB hub in host mode,
but does actually draw all of its
power from the hub itself. This made
it possible to attach a USB to
Ethernet adapter to boost the speed
which would have been limited by
the WiFi connection. There’s a 320
gig USB hard drive for the storage.
With that much space on hand it
makes sense to add streaming media
service as well which is simple since
it’s running Linux. The last part of
his work actually turns it into an
Asterisk server by way of Google
Voice and a SIP phone. An
impressive outcome at a bargain
price to be sure!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
DAMN. I just came across PicUntu for android that allows me to dual boot Ubuntu with android.
NICE. I have found a project.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2013
herveze:
i know realise that u are too proud, are you saying the phone you or friends are using now did not lack anything,even your brain lack knowledge,dindinrin.
it's not abt being proud, it's abt being cautious, no matter hw good the manufacturer whether samsung or nokia or apple etc, if they can get away with it they will sell u a lousy product, so u do ur research, weigh the pros and cons and decide if u can live with the cons. That's what he's talking abt. Also research abt hw to deal with the known possible issues so that if they do come up u can deal with them. I personally would rather buy a phone with 24 known serious issues that i can find a fix to online, than one that has just 1 serious issue that no solution has been found for but that's me. The point is, because we do our research first we know what we're getting into and hw to deal with challenges we experience. No phone is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nevderek(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2013
Hi guys, I need assistance. My galaxy tab SHW-M180S doesnt charge or connect to pc via usb anymore. When connected it displays the not charging sign unless you power it off. Also when i install apk game to it from pc and run the game, it closes immediately. assist me abeg ooo
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2013
My openvpn doesn't open facebook and playstore..I use 4.1 sense 4+ on HTC one x+ any help?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2013
have you tried using another computer? I've only had that kind of issue only once, and that one, my phone wasn't showing usb connected even tho it WAS charging. Eventually i put it off for some time when connected to my pc then i put it on while still connected and my phone has been connected since
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2013
ozor1: My openvpn doesn't open facebook and playstore..I use 4.1 sense 4+ on HTC one x+ any help?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bedfordng(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dikachiii:
Someone Please help.
if it can't come up, i don't think you can fix it.the phone has to boot at least to logo.if it can boot, then you can try entering recovery mode and wipe it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by iabdulrazaq(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
hey guy reli nid to get an android fone for ntn more dan 18k dat i wount regret buying i lyk mobile games oo and i dey browse die any suggestion pls
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
iabdulrazaq: hey guy reli nid to get an android fone for ntn more dan 18k dat i wount regret buying i lyk mobile games oo and i dey browse die any suggestion pls

If you truly want to game, you will have to pay more than that. Expect to get China product with that amount my brother.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zungwe93: 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
Am new to android and downloaded droidvpn when it is connected i dont know how to use and browse. I need instruction on how to use it.
Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by samieiyke(m): 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
Leopantro:

It's there. Switchme multiple accounts

Thanks, I found it. But I installed it and the moment I tested it, it deleted some of my apps...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
zungwe93: Am new to android and downloaded droidvpn when it is connected i dont know how to use and browse. I need instruction on how to use it.
Thanks

Why do you need something that is for a Virtual Private Network? If you would just like to browse my friend use Mozilla Firefox on Android or Chome (If you have Android 4.0+).
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
samieiyke:

Thanks, I found it. But I installed it and the moment I tested it, it deleted some of my apps...

go back into the app and switch back to your owner profile. you would see your apps and understand how to use it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by samieiyke(m): 5:12am On Sep 27, 2013
Leopantro:

go back into the app and switch back to your owner profile. you would see your apps and understand how to use it

That's what I did oh... I created a guest profile and the phone was as clean as new, so I went back to my original profile and discovered some apps were missing.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lifehacker: 8:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Oops! BlackBerry Mistakes Android
for Its Own Smartphone.....
Last week,
Nokia accidentally used an iPhone 4 in one
of its advertisements. Today, it seems
history has repeated itself, only this time
with BlackBerry.
RIM made a fan video showcasing the new
BlackBerry Torch and OS 7. For a short time
in the video, you can easily spot something
that isn’t a BlackBerry. It’s an Android
device.
How could the editors of this video not
notice this? RIM quickly removed the video
from their YouTube page, but Engadget has
the video mirrored here . This type of
mistake would be the equivalent of Apple
accidentally placing a Samsung phone in one
of its commercials.
This is very embarrassing for RIM, as the
device sticks out like a sore thumb in the
Video....
www.idownloadblog.com

Guys is this true?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lifehacker: 10:25am On Sep 27, 2013
The guy is rich (his dad) and very knowledgeable, ..buh
spends his cash anyhow ..now he's about to
blow his(our) beautiful laptop
His dad gave him 300 k for a laptop and he
bought a windows 8 touchscreen lapi hp envy
fairly used,...........after one week hes bent on
destroyin it, he wants to change the processor
to intel r, buy 10Gb ram,,.....two
batteries,....2TB HDD, ..Jesus! Please
accumulate disadvantages for me,....he wont
even listen to me,.....ill show him why its
foolishness, I dont want to lose this
beauty,.....hes doing all this because of
windows experience rating index
......i probably shouldn't post this here buh I trust u guys more
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 27, 2013
lifehacker:
The guy is rich (his dad) and very knowledgeable, ..buh
spends his cash anyhow ..now he's about to
blow his(our) beautiful laptop
His dad gave him 300 k for a laptop and he
bought a windows 8 touchscreen lapi hp envy
fairly used,...........after one week hes bent on
destroyin it, he wants to change the processor
to intel r, buy 10Gb ram,,.....two
batteries,....2TB HDD, ..Jesus! Please
accumulate disadvantages for me,....he wont
even listen to me,.....ill show him why its
foolishness, I dont want to lose this
beauty,.....hes doing all this because of
windows experience rating index
......i probably shouldn't post this here buh I trust u guys more
Money they catch am ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.