Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,526 members, 7,861,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:51 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (976943 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Osita_inklord:
that's a reasonable point though....
I heard its gonna be officially launched in Ghana. that's sad. Nigeria would be a better market. I'm dreaming of that phone already. *_* ^_^

Well while Nigeria is a bigger market, I've heard too many negative comments about Motorola phones and they may figure that not too many Nigerians would be keen on buying their phones.
For you and me who keep our ears to the ground top hear the latest phone gist yes, but there are lots of people who believe motorola don't make good phones
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
adaobi123:

I'll be going to abj and to the east.

abj , GLO..

east MTN...

but it all still depends on location again....

goodluck.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cdamsel(f): 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

abj , GLO..

east MTN...

but it all still depends on location again....

goodluck.
wont advice her to use mtn in d east cos it is usually congested during festive periods.

If airtel coverage is available where u going to ll advice u use either glo or airtel although I can't vouch for airtel browsing sha,cos I haven't used it before but I think it comes with high ratings

When I'm home for xmas my glo neva disappoints,1st off find out d networks available where u going to then narrow down your options

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
cdamsel: wont advice her to use mtn in d east cos it is usually congested during festive periods.

If airtel coverage is available where u going to ll advice u use either glo or airtel although I can't vouch for airtel browsing sha,cos I haven't used it before but I think it comes with high ratings

When I'm home for xmas my glo neva disappoints,1st off find out d networks available where u going to then narrow down your options

Thanks. smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
cdamsel: wont advice her to use mtn in d east cos it is usually congested during festive periods.

cdamsel try and use airtel for a week even with the highest 3G..... if u no scatter ur phone out of vex, call me "ONYEARA. lol .

remember i left airtel for expensive mtn, their z a reason to tht. wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cdamsel(f): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

cdamsel try and use airtel for a week even with the highest 3G..... if u no scatter ur phone out of vex, call me "ONYEARA. lol .

hahahaha,thats y I said I can't vouch for them

@ adaobi u could try Etisalat as well
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
cdamsel: hahahaha,thats y I said I can't vouch for them

Okay. Thank you. smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
cdamsel: hahahaha,thats y I said I can't vouch for them

best cheesy smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nigeria needs to start offering Nexus latest line of phones, they are very good phones. Another thing Nigeria needs is LTE in every state. A lot needs to be done in Nigeria.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
Fulaman198: Nigeria needs to start offering Nexus latest line of phones, they are very good phones. Another thing Nigeria needs is LTE in every state. A lot needs to be done in Nigeria.

if care is not taken , na our children's children go achieve dis dream sad sad

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

if care is not taken , na our children's children go achieve dis dream sad sad

The thing is that most of posting in this Android thread I imagine are 18 - 34. I am personally in my late 20s. It is important we start making these strives to improve our infrastructure now before it is too late. I was shocked at some of the LTE speeds I saw the in the U.K and United States. Other countries like Singapore, South Korea, Japan, etc. (Asian oriental countries) have this technology as well. Why can we not implement this kind of thing here in Nigeria? It does not make sense to me. Our leaders have the completely wrong mindset.

I believe in tradition, yes, but at the same time I believe we need to make strives in the right direction for everyone in the nation to have a mindset of developing and going forward.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
Fulaman198: Nigeria needs to start offering Nexus latest line of phones, they are very good phones. Another thing Nigeria needs is LTE in every state. A lot needs to be done in Nigeria.

anytime I hear of LTE, I can't help but laugh whenever I remember airtel, the 3.75G network.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Leopantro:

anytime I hear of LTE, I can't help but laugh whenever I remember airtel, the 3.75G network.

LOLLLLL I just meant genuine 4G LTE towers anything that can download at speeds of 25 mbps to around 300 mbps. I would love for this structure to be implemented in Nigeria within the next 5 years, but our leaders who would rather focus on ethnic bigotry and chopping of money have the wrong mindset. We need leaders who have loving hearts that want to give back to the people as much as possible.

Nigeria needs a company that can compete with the likes of T-mobile in Europe and United States. This company in Nigeria will only from this point on implement 4G LTE architecture and not HSPA+ type architecture. I wish I could find a group of like-minded Nigerians from all over the country (no matter the region) to help me implement these various ideas. It will be expensive, but it will be well-worth it.

As a nation, we have a lot of catching up to do.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

DEY DON IMPROVE SMALL....I GET 1.5MBS AT NITE

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
Leopantro:

more like a 1.5G network or an un perfected 2G..

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
Fulaman198:

LOLLLLL I just meant genuine 4G LTE towers anything that can download at speeds of 25 mbps to around 300 mbps. I would love for this structure to be implemented in Nigeria within the next 5 years, but our leaders who would rather focus on ethnic bigotry and chopping of money have the wrong mindset. We need leaders who have loving hearts that want to give back to the people as much as possible.

Nigeria needs a company that can compete with the likes of T-mobile in Europe and United States. This company in Nigeria will only from this point on implement 4G LTE architecture and not HSPA+ type architecture. I wish I could find a group of like-minded Nigerians from all over the country (no matter the region) to help me implement these various ideas. It will be expensive, but it will be well-worth it.

As a nation, we have a lot of catching up to do.

are you new in nigeria undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

are you new in nigeria undecided

ROFL I'm Nigerian, I just want to get things done.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
F.K.O:

thtz how they do, and before you know it, they are back to 25kbs ...undecided always claiming of upgrades and have nothing to show for it

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
Fulaman198:

ROFL I'm Nigerian, I just want to get things done.

im with you any day any time..

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
F.K.O:

That barely qualifies for 3G (in India and United States that would be EV-DO rev. A 3G, much slower than 3G HSDPA).
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

im with you any day any time..

Same here

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
I really appreciate it gentlemen, by God's grace/Inshallah we will hopefully get something started soon.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

thtz how they do, and before you know it, they are back to 25kbs ...undecided always claiming of upgrades and have nothing to show for it
LOL BEEN FLEXIN DEM FOR 1 WK NAW ..I ONLY GET 25KB AT NOON TIME
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
Fulaman198:

That barely qualifies for 3G (in India and United States that would be EV-DO rev. A 3G, much slower than 3G HSDPA).
BROS DZ Z NAIJA N GETTING 1MBS REACH FOR PERSON TO DO TANKS GIVING FOR CHURCH
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
F.K.O:
LOL BEEN FLEXIN DEM FOR 1 WK NAW ..I ONLY GET 25KB AT NOON TIME

lol.. is that LIFE undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
F.K.O:
BROS DZ Z NAIJA N GETTING 1MBS REACH FOR PERSON TO DO TANKS GIVING FOR CHURCH

LOL too funny
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

lol.. is that LIFE undecided
NOT AT ALL.BUT SINCE I DO MY DOWNLOADINGS AT NITE IT'S MANAGEABLE
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Are you guys for real ? Outside Lagos, Abuja, Port, Kd and may be two or three other places, Airtel still remains the best for browsing. Unless you don't travel around this country would you think otherwise.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Baroba(m): 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
blackweaver:

Well while Nigeria is a bigger market, I've heard too many negative comments about Motorola phones and they may figure that not too many Nigerians would be keen on buying their phones.
For you and me who keep our ears to the ground top hear the latest phone gist yes, but there are lots of people who believe motorola don't make good phones

Blackweaver, thats old school Motorola, then it was all about buggy software... Motorola is officially owned by google. Most of the design is overseen by google, coupled with Motorola famed battery prowess and build quality, you get a good device if you ever decide to get one. The moto x (though only released in the US) ranks as one of the best android phones ever made. It runs almost on stock android with value software optimisation.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
edoyad: Are you guys for real ? Outside Lagos, Abuja, Port, Kd and may be two or three other places, Airtel still remains the best for browsing. Unless you don't travel around this country would you think otherwise.

i dont think u travel close to how i travel... im a travel-aholic... buhr airtel being d best and u even added abuja chai... u fall hand
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Afam4eva(m): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2013
What happened to Airtel browsing recently? It used to be fast but for about a week now, i've been browsing from hand to mouth. I'm thinking of moving cos it's affecting my internet existence. What the real deal right now? But shey we no get Unlimited Browsing for this nation again ni? Which one be say person go dey fear to play video. The thing tire me oo. I wish we had BT internet in Nigeria.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 8:34am On Nov 17, 2013
Afam4eva: What happened to Airtel browsing recently? It used to be fast but for about a week now, i've been browsing from hand to mouth. I'm thinking of moving cos it's affecting my internet existence. What the real deal right now? But shey we no get Unlimited Browsing for this nation again ni? Which one be say person go dey fear to play video. The thing tire me oo. I wish we had BT internet in Nigeria.
MTN HAS A NITE PLAN 3 GB N BONUS 1.5GB FOR 2500,ETISALAT BIS ALSO WORKS BUT ONLY WIF VPN

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.