Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (976888 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by swaggzo(m): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Abeg...
Me've been looking for a very gud messanger (lyk whatsapp) that i can use to connect with other android users, and other buddies too.
I've tried BBM for android but i swear, the tin wack die. I've tried VIBE and WECHAT too.. But they didnt impress me.
I don't like playstore, so i use 1mobile, mobo market, and pandaApp. But i'm n0t even satisfied with all of them.. L0L
Anybody with better ones should plz holla
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2013
How it is you people simply believe that everyone other than yourself is foolish is beyond me.

according to you now HTC is better than Samsung?

amusing to see tex also quoting and supporting "specs" and "benchmarks" after all you have said on those points in the past.

according to you people too, its "advertising" thats responsible for samsung dominance.

i see............

if u miss the forest for the tree, you dont need glasses, you need a eye transplant.

let me see, once upon a time this was said about Iphones vs other smartphones.
lots of folks, me inclusive could not just understand why and how the Iphone sold so much even at the highest prices in the market.

we cited fanboys, isheep, advertising, mumuciousness etc
we rolled out specsheets, benchmarks, innovative features etc. etc.
i remember lengthy threads with texazzpete on this one. grin grin grin grin grin

then we moved on to Windows phone.
microsoft spent millions and billions on pushing the product, advertising, buzz etc.
nokia went overboard with advertising, "innovation" etc

the Iphone is the the best selling single mobile device ever. the Ipad has no rival.

Windows Phone is already forgotten, except of course by that random guy who always goes nuts on NL when u mention WP8. apparently he still has not convinced enough people on NL to adopt his craze grin grin grin grin there's precious few WP user hereabouts no?

The blackberry Z10 just launched in nigeria. went to purchase 2 units for folks yesterday at MTN.
From the little observations and questioning of MTN staff, they must have sold close to 100,000k units and its just one month in, and prices are yet to come down.

By december, with release of other models, BB will have outsold WP.

my point is, what exactly is you people's point? that we are all foolish for not trumpeting HTC? not dropping our plastic, Innovation-less samsungs?

Like we were foolish to not have jumped on WP in droves, singing OIS camera, and glove useage?

or for not being smart enough to buy Apple?

which one?

if you cannot think of, or know very valid reasons why sammy went into the lead then leave the SSheep alone. u cannot tell them how to spend their money.

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
Just like you said no one was able to justify apple's sales dominance. So also you cant explain y sammy dominates d droid market.. For goodness sakes. There re better droids out there which re more likely to outperform sgs4 on release. Let's just wait and see...... Am not a sammy fan. But i own 1
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
incidentally, i have spent hours debating this things in the past with TEX and his sole conclusion is that samsung spend tons on advertising and thats it.

so why dont other OEMS spend tons on advertising? if thats all there is to it, its a no-brainer abi?

PS: after all those SameSung thread and wars, is there a special reason why suddenly you folks have missed the abject copycat move HTC just made with ONE?

Have u seen a side by side pic of the HTC One and the Iphone 5?

Jesus Wept!.

but of course, its not useless samesung, so they are allowed .

aaand
please whose fault is it that HTC themselves cannot work out a sensible marketing strategy?

the ONE series has no market mindshare. nobody knows One series like they know "Galaxy" series. Chikena.

and its not helped by naming your phones HTC ONE X, ONE XL, ONE XPLUS, and a few others i cant remember then releasing HTC ONE

the average Joe accepts and assumes that HTC ONE must be earlier in time to HTC ONE X, ONE XL etc etc .
when he is then told thats not the case, you then expect him to figure out which is 2011 model, 2012 model etc?

S1, is followed by S2. note 1 is followed by Note 2. Iphone 2 followed by Iphone 3 etc etc.

the other company to make the same dumb move is Nokia WP. u need to have phone knowledge to understand the differences in the various haphazard numbers

620, 720, 800, 820 etc etc.

try telling your mom to pick a nokia and pick the right model on ability rather than simply selecting the one that look nice the most...

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
U made a clear point here...... Htc is pretty bleeped up... Imagine teenagers looking at the boldly written 4mp on the one.. Wen s4 has 13mp...if if its as good they wouldn't want to know
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
edit
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
[size=18pt]NB: IM NOT A SAMSUNG FAN

I RATHER BUY PHONES WITH DEV SUPPORT AS THE NUMBER ONE CRITERIA

I HAVE OWNED QUITE A NUMBER OF OEMS, USED TO REALLY LIKE SONY ERICSSON TILL THEY WENT TO THE DOGS WITH CRAPPY HARDWARE CLEVERLY PACKAGED

[/size]

Dont ever assume a phone is great till u use it.

from rubbish cameras that have great specs on paper,

to phones whose speakers are ridiculously low (sony ericsson 2010-2011),

to phones you simply have to jump over mt kilimanjaro to hack (HTC and their bootloader/sense rubbish),

To phones whose OS is just butchered and nonsense. HTC sense 2 and 3 says hi (Puskin can testify)

To phones to be released with outdated OS (all those 2012 phones released between July and November running ICS and still dont have updates now)

To phones that never get updated (HTC has a terrible record on this, SAMMY have set a 2 version update standard for their top fones)

to phones you can not repair if damaged

To those you cannot get spares

to phones without expandable storage (which usually has repercussions when u want to go into the hacking and flashing realm)

there is a lot that goes into shaping perceptions about phone lines.

its not by chance that for example every new OS, or PORT or whatever always gets to galaxy S series fones first. The S3 was the first phone to get a booting Ubuntu Touch port hours after it released. These type of things reinforce and create mindshare. and its made possible by OEMs who understand how the market works.

its not by fancy polycarbonate or aluminium unibody shells (very annoying unibody rubbish)

And PS, Apple's dominance is evry very understandable and justifiable. There are very valid reasons why. which is why till date Apple remains the Target and benchmark for Google and Samsung.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Finally ROOTED my X10i.................## Dancing Etighi## Suggest Me Apps Plssssssssss
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
who ever said HTC was better than Sammy?

yeah, we know HTC does poorly in adverts and branding but don't tell me their innovation this year as well as last year wasn't better than Sammy

we're really complaining of the so called eye scrolling thingy that's getting noobs on smash.

HTC was poor that year but they've improved mightily this past year and if they could up their marketing and update strategy, who says they won't have large profits?

same goes with Sony...
P.S I AIN'T A FANBOY, I'VE USED MORE SAMSUNG PHONES THAN ANY OTHER
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
big question is will the one sell very much this year??
compared to sgs4
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
ozor1: big question is will the one sell very much this year??
compared to sgs4

you ought to be comparing sales of xperia z to galaxy s4 (if it reaches it though)not ONE
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
whats this innovation?

smart stay and eye scrolling ( a RUMOUR) are not innovative enough.

there is absolutely no difference in all these OEMS. and from everyday use i daresay Touchwiz has lots more functionality.

Nokia brought low light photos, using gloves etc.

how many times do u take photos in pitch darkness? how many times have u ever had to use a glove with your phone in nigeria?
for you, those features are nothing.

Xperia says its water and dust resistant. amusing. like so u now take your phone into the bathroom to make calls whilst scrubbing your back? in a tub you are not going to immerse the phone na. Sure you will try it, use it to impress people. at times sef that feature will be a lifesaver, eg wen lagos rain drench you

but thats like 1% of your useage. is such a feature "innovation" in your use case?

google now/Siri. like how many times do u talk to your phone? It wont even understand ya accent and nunciations but even at that you only use it to impress people, another 1% innovation

no difference to smart stay which is conveniently rubbished now, but which is sure as hell useful. and this eye scrolling, sure it adds nothing to you, but it just made a samsung fone a choice for invalids and disabled folks go figure

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
This is the conclusion of the Verge on this HTC One phone

I don’t agree with all of it, but he makes some valid points

I really, really like the HTC One. I’m a sucker for beautiful hardware, and this device is one of the best-designed smartphones I’ve ever used. HTC’s done great hardware before, though, and ruined it with ugly and problematic software — this time, it’s manageable. Not great, not as good as stock Android, but manageable. Here, the problem lies with the camera. Maybe I’m in the minority when I say I care about the quality of my cellphone images, but I do, and the One just doesn’t deliver. Its battery life is also disappointing, though I’m not as concerned about that – it’s just a fact of life at this point.

In my quest to find the perfect Android phone, I’m still left wanting. I want the One’s hardware, but I want the Nexus 4’s software and promise of timely updates — I’ve said for a year that HTC should offer stock Android phones, and I’m still convinced the company could save itself with the One plus pure Android. I also want a better camera — the One isn’t bad, it’s just mediocre, and I’ve seen better from Android phones. For now, the list of Android phones worth buying is two items long: the Nexus 4 and the One. Personally, I’d buy the One if I had to choose right now, but with the Galaxy S 4 coming in just a few days, I'm pretty lucky I don't have to choose right now.

Even if Samsung can't best the One later this week, though, the most important question is still unanswered: can HTC find a way to sell a phone, even a great phone, when Samsung has so dominated the Android market? Until it does, it won't matter how good the One is — but for consumers' sake and HTC's, I hope the company figures it out.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
wow you really shock me by saying the smart scroll feature is an innovation
how the hell do disabled folks use phones before?
do you think they won't still touch their phones because of smart scroll?
how do you think it'd be used in the night when the front camera falls short?
you think this won't be comfortable maybe when you looked away or looking at the buttons?
this point is invalid

the way I see it it won't add anything to the world. u
you don't hear people blabbing about smart stay on note 2? null and void just like face unlock

and you say low light photos make up a tad of innovation? in Nigeria? in a club? in a night event? in the night without street lights? in a cinema? seminar? PLEASE

UIs are a thing of choice. so it's your opinion but ask the other majority that think sense 4+ has the best all round functionality
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
those features will indeed be useful to certain folks. not so much for me.

take smart stay for example, i do most of my reading at night(in the dark) grin grin and it just kinda renders it redundant.

i'll always go with the phone that has more support from developers. My GN2 is actually better than any device others have offered for me cheesy cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
you have a point about rooting HTC. I have a friend with HTC XLE,I think and I have been dodging the guy ever since he asked me to root it. the instructions on XDA forum is too long.

had to laugh about the WP guy remark. the two guys I know that bought the Nokia lumia phone disturbed me until I had to download the zune and show them how to use the software . they eventually sold it and bought, with for it, S3.

interesting point on the BBZ10. I know two guys and the girls who will pick up the phone next month.when I told them it could also run Android apps they were so happy.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 3:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
joeydozzy: wow you really shock me by saying the smart scroll feature is an innovation
how the hell do disabled folks use phones before?
do you think they won't still touch their phones because of smart scroll?
how do you think it'd be used in the night when the front camera falls short?
you think this won't be comfortable maybe when you looked away or looking at the buttons?
this point is invalid

the way I see it it won't add anything to the world. u
you don't hear people blabbing about smart stay on note 2? null and void just like face unlock

and you say low light photos make up a tad of innovation? in Nigeria? in a club? in a night event? in the night without street lights? in a cinema? seminar? PLEASE

UIs are a thing of choice. so it's your opinion but ask the other majority that think sense 4+ has the best all round functionality
every one has got his choice... Arguably sense4+ is the better custom ui out there
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
Talk about the bootloader policy for htc... They re really bleeped up in this aspect.... Wonder what dey gain by tieing it down... Wen devs re oyt there looking for devices to play with
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
I'm not sure what 4llerbuntu is babbling about, but he's wrong as usual.

4llerbuntu: How it is you people simply believe that everyone other than yourself is foolish is beyond me.

amusing to see tex also quoting and supporting "specs" and "benchmarks" after all you have said on those points in the past.

I have always concerned myself with specs and benchmarks. I believe I rolled out an entire thread once showing how the iPhone 5 dominated anything on Android in GPU power and was comparable to or surpassed nearly everything out there as far as CPU specs were concerned.
Amnesia, huh?

4llerbuntu:

according to you people too, its "advertising" thats responsible for samsung dominance.

i see............

if u miss the forest for the tree, you dont need glasses, you need a eye transplant.

Actually, advertising is the biggest reason for Samsung outselling the One X. Things like removable battery and SD slot don't faze the majority of smartphone buyers. The iPhone and the past two Nexus devices are a sterling example of this.
Samsung's marketing budget for last year is reputed to be the combined marketing budget of Coca Cola, Apple, Microsoft and a few other companies. The Olympics pretty much plastered the GS III in everyone's faces. Ads depicting stuff like Smart Stay were memorable (and cool enough) to stick in the heads of viewers.
of course there are other reasons. Nobody else (apart from Apple) have the resources now to rollout devices on a global scale with such frightening rapidity. They have access to components on the cheap as well as a robust supply chain. So not just marketing.

Anyone who believes Samsung outsold HTC massively because of 'unlocked bootloader' has to be a very weird person indeed.

4llerbuntu:
Windows Phone is already forgotten, except of course by that random guy who always goes nuts on NL when u mention WP8. apparently he still has not convinced enough people on NL to adopt his craze grin grin grin grin there's precious few WP user hereabouts no?

The blackberry Z10 just launched in nigeria. went to purchase 2 units for folks yesterday at MTN.
From the little observations and questioning of MTN staff, they must have sold close to 100,000k units and its just one month in, and prices are yet to come down.

By december, with release of other models, BB will have outsold WP.

Windows Phone is gaining ground in most major markets around the world...and with the new low cost Nokia Lumia 620, 520 and 720, i expect to see decent sales. Not too many Nigerians will go for WP just yet but the numbers are growing and will grow more when local carriers pick up the 620.
WP has been launched in China this year and lower cost WP devices are now available in India. There are no low cost BB10 devices on the horizon.

BB10 has ZERO chance of outselling WP globally this year.

There are approx 3 million BB subscribers in Nigeria. If you truly think up to 50,000 Z10 units have been sold in Nigera, I am genuinely sorry for you. Poll your BB owning friends and see if the conversion rate (OS7 to Z10) now is up to 5%.

4llerbuntu:
my point is, what exactly is you people's point? that we are all foolish for not trumpeting HTC? not dropping our plastic, Innovation-less samsungs?

Like we were foolish to not have jumped on WP in droves, singing OIS camera, and glove useage?

which one?

if you cannot think of, or know very valid reasons why sammy went into the lead then leave the SSheep alone. u cannot tell them how to spend their money.

I'm not sure why you're babbling about Apple and WP here. My point is, there are at least 5 different topics here with people creaming themselves over the S4 and talking about 'eye scrolling' like it's the second coming of Christ. I'm pointing out that it's annoying that HTC is getting no attention even with their excellent design, daring attempt to innovate with software and their top notch hardware. This pattern is what we see replicated all round until Nobody apart from Samsung gets a chance at decent sales. Do YOU like Samsung's overwhelming Android dominance?

If you think a vastly superior marketing campaign is not a 'very valid reason', i'd advise you to lay off the crack cheesy

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
ciphoenix:
those features will indeed be useful to certain folks. not so much for me.

take smart stay for example, i do most of my reading at night(in the dark) grin grin and it just kinda renders it redundant.

i'll always go with the phone that has more support from developers. My GN2 is actually better than any device others have offered for me cheesy cheesy

I wear glasses and my eyes aren't very big. Smart stay NEVER worked for me either on my S3 or my Note II.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
joeydozzy: wow you really shock me by saying the smart scroll feature is an innovation

its either you dont read, or read with a special dictionary meaning.

the only reason i pointed out those things is TO SHOW YOU THE INNOVATIONS ARE THE SAME ACROSS BOARD.

THE THINGS THAT APPLY TO SMART SCROLL OR SMART STAY APPLY TO WHATEVER GIMMICK YOU ARE LAUDING ON OTHER PHONES.

i went on to give examples of why those "innovations" are only useful 1% of the time

or u suddenly think bathing with your phone is the next big thing? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
@ Texazzpete, i went to The MTN store on the island to buy the Z10, 2 units for some pple

i met 9 people there who either were buying, or came back with complaints (so far the data issue on MTN is murky, we still dont have mobile data working on our units, and the Z10 does not connect to WEP wifi for some strange reason)

The guy i chatted up there told me they have moved about 17thousand units from that store alone. mostly bulk purchases sef.

im pretty damn sure MTN will move 100k units this month nationwide. the prices WILL DROP and other models will come out

as much as i don't get any joy from BB or WP or any OEM issues, i do believe BB will get 3rd spot conveniently grin grin grin grin grin

AND back to the discussion, no its not true what you say about benchmarks and specs. remember when you used to hark on about how android had dual and quad core phones but the OS cant even use the Cores? how android needs large ram and still is not as fluid as IOS etc etc

no need to revise history bros, i am not in the mood for hunting down posts on a phone

its surprising that you now join the specs and benchmark wagon

all these pple talking benchmarks sef dont even know what those benchmarks are and actually test, AAANNDDD they dont really count after a particular point sef in reality.

something YOU know.

aoh and yes Unlocked bootloader counts like hell it does. ask every jonzer that ever stumbled on XDA. i flash kernels with stock samsung recovery. i can do ANYTHING with my samsung phones ANYTHING. and i never unlocked a bootloader

i install stock rom and do everything right there on it, i can even flash a stock rom from right in the phone. on Sony ericsson u need a cable and a PC to flash a kernel
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
this argument isn't productive or leading anywhere
no one will change ashipa's point of view grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
4llerbuntu: @ Texazzpete, i went to The MTN store on the island to buy the Z10, 2 units for some pple

i met 9 people there who either were buying, or came back with complaints (so far the data issue on MTN is murky, we still dont have mobile data working on our units, and the Z10 does not connect to WEP wifi for some strange reason)

The guy i chatted up there told me they have moved about 17thousand units from that store alone. mostly bulk purchases sef.

im pretty damn sure MTN will move 100k units this month nationwide. the prices WILL DROP and other models will come out

as much as i don't get any joy from BB or WP or any OEM issues, i do believe BB will get 3rd spot conveniently grin grin grin grin grin

AND back to the discussion, no its not true what you say about benchmarks and specs. remember when you used to hark on about how android had dual and quad core phones but the OS cant even use the Cores? how android needs large ram and still is not as fluid as IOS etc etc

no need to revise history bros, i am not in the mood for hunting down posts on a phone

its surprising that you now join the specs and benchmark wagon

all these pple talking benchmarks sef dont even know what those benchmarks are and actually test, AAANNDDD they dont really count after a particular point sef in reality.

something YOU know.

aoh and yes Unlocked bootloader counts like hell it does. ask every jonzer that ever stumbled on XDA. i flash kernels with stock samsung recovery. i can do ANYTHING with my samsung phones ANYTHING. and i never unlocked a bootloader

i install stock rom and do everything right there on it, i can even flash a stock rom from right in the phone. on Sony ericsson u need a cable and a PC to flash a kernel

You still can't explain how they'll sell 100k of these units in one month when their total BB subscriber base (which includes all the cheap curve users) won't be more than 1.3 million, if that.

40 million Galaxy SIII users inthe world. I doubt up to 10% of that number have ever heard of XDA. Heck, I doubt up to 20% of Android users even bother to root their phone.

Wait until March 28th when BB announce their earnings and tell us the sales figures for February and early march. Nokia sold 4.4 lumias in 2 months previously. Launches in China and India should even boost that number. I doubt BB will sell up to 1 million Z10 phones by March 28th
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 7:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
u guys are beginning to remind me of the bashings that go on on zdnet, everyone touts the device/ecosystem he/she likes and bashes every other one

4ller is right abt one thing though, those that will buy into an ecosystem will buy into the ecosystem regardless of what anyone says, sometimes it's not the "best" phone that sells best

on that note, this is my opinion, BB, Nokia and Samsung will continue to rule the nigerian market (and maybe tecno). Samsung 'cos of their marketing - see how they pushed the galaxy pocket for example,
Nokia 'cos of their feature phones (the Asha series are still a major best seller)
and BB: well everytime i go to slot i see how many pple are buying bbs (personally i believe if they didn't release the bbOS 10 for the next 2 years pple will still be rushing them here)
i once tried to convince my younger bro to move on from bb to the android ecosystem. when he gave me his reasons for sticking i agreed that he was ok where he was.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ositainklord(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2013
4llerbuntu: How it is you people simply believe that everyone other than yourself is foolish is beyond me.

which one?

@4ller This is the most concise way to put it. U hv done justice. Earlier in the thread, in my fit wiv him, i forgot he was one of d gurus.{sorry sir} @Texazpet. Ur reasons are very good as well. U both seem to agree on d bb z10 issue. the thing is that HTC never had a "hit" device like samsung, iphone or sony. The locked bootloader cant be a factor cos majority of the peeps who use htc are high class business individuals who dont knw about rooting. And truly, marketing is the major flaw of htc. Samsungs marketing is amazing! apple spent over $23million on marketing of he iphone till date. Iono hw much samsung spent but marketing plays a BIG factor.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 10:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
One other thing, samsung caters to every spectrum of the market from the high end to the low.
HTC's low-end android devices aren't worth it imho and they don't release dual sim phones anymore
Yes it can be argued that there's a higher profit margin from high end devices, ut the fact still remains that even low end devices can increase awareness.
I'm not a samsung fan but the way things are going my next phone will probably still be samsung or LG unless another brand comes out with something that meeds my needs
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Toroze(m): 10:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
texazzpete: I'm not sure what 4llerbuntu is babbling about, but he's wrong as usual.

I have always concerned myself with specs and benchmarks. I believe I rolled out an entire thread once showing how the iPhone 5 dominated anything on Android in GPU power and was comparable to or surpassed nearly everything out there as far as CPU specs were concerned.
i completely disagree with the above, i do not wish to argue it out but dude google that again, do ur comparison and be sincere to urself maybe the have better gpu but u can't compare the cpu of ip5 to that of some droids
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by knyte(m): 2:37am On Mar 14, 2013
got a rooted samsung galaxy s2 for sale..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 7:03am On Mar 14, 2013
Toroze: i completely disagree with the above, i do not wish to argue it out but dude google that again, do ur comparison and be sincere to urself maybe the have better gpu but u can't compare the cpu of ip5 to that of some droids

I specifically mentioned 'on release'. The A6 in the iPhone 5 absolutely trounces the S4 in many of the flagship Android phones, the Tegra 3 in other flagships like the One X and is in the same performance range as the Quad Core Galaxy S 3 international.

You can head over to Anandtech if you need more confirmation.

Of course the newer S4 Pro SoC in the likes of the NExus 4 and the LG Optimus G are more powerful, but that isn't saying much since newer is almost always more powerful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.