Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (972412 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Suntemi(m): 7:38am On Mar 16, 2013
Tex n 4ller again, very soon them go create one special board on this forum just for two of u. Then, you guys will argue tire.

But sincerely Apple and Sammy need to start paying two of u o. The work you guys are doing for them online, some of their direct staffs ain't even doing 40% of it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2013
is it me or does anyone else feel that the s4 shape is getting boring?
Well for me sha, all those ui thing that all these phone vendors tout don't count for zilch, i get a new phone i change the default launcher sharp sharp.
I'm really surprised so many people are ok with the default settings

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dybaba(m): 10:36am On Mar 16, 2013
dybaba: HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP OOOOOOO!!!!!!! plz my htc explorer refuse to ON since yesterday, this happened after i change my sim.
SO nobody to help me out with this issue.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2013
do I eyes deceive me? can you believe it? not only is texazzpete comparing different Android phones, he even said he prefers S4. the same texazzpete that frown on Android looooooog time ago when people were comparing Android to iphone. even infoseye.
change and progress is good
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
Leopantro: do I eyes deceive me? can you believe it? not only is texazzpete comparing different Android phones, he even said he prefers S4. the same texazzpete that frown on Android looooooog time ago when people were comparing Android to iphone. even infoseye.

Nah i think Tex just prefers iphones and winphones ,maybe he feels the android platform is like pure water but i've seen posts where he says he's tried android phones. If his claims are true (and i see no reason why they aren't) he may actually be among the first people to try out the s4 (at least on NL)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Saw this on facebook

Sony and HTC owners: "wow the new galaxy
S4 looks ugly!"

GS4 owner: "well..."
can your phone do an air view with your
fingers?

can your phone scroll up or down by just
tilting the screen?

Can your phone swipe through pages or
pictures without touching the screen?

can your phone view multiple windows?

can your phone translate up to 10 languages
by just typing or talking to it?

can your phone take pictures with audio
added in the background?

can your phone take pictures and videos with
the front and back cameras?

can your phone share phone screen, music or
videos to other devices?

can your phone be used with gloves on?

can your phone provide the best viewing
angles and one of the best cameras on a
phone?

can your phone provide fast updates?

can your phone provide removable batteries,
option of 16/32/64 GB internal storage aswell
as an SD CARD support?

can your phone provide better battery
consumption by using A15 cores on heavy
use, while switching to A7 cores to light to
moderate use?

can your phone provide all or most of the
above features?

Sony and HTC users: "yeah well... our phone
looks good..."

Chikena end of story. Na why samsung dey outsell all other oems be that.

Which one chop consumer pass?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by seunpayne(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
4llerbuntu: Saw this on facebook

its the android os for heavens sake...within months all those features will he available to custom Rom users with hardware specs that match the s4. boils down to preference...it still the same os...just diff hardware so look for hardware bragging rights not soft.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
i'm attempting to root my phone again after a firmware update.. 

getting this from Odin

<ID:0/010> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

after about a minute or so, it says FAIL

i've tried it in all my USB Ports.

what could i be missing here?

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by PrinceNN(m): 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
ciphoenix:

getting this from Odin

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

is dat windows 8?...#justAskn
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:

is dat windows 8?...#justAskn
yep. It is. Same I used to root when I just got the phone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2013
seunpayne:

its the android os for heavens sake...within months all those features will he available to custom Rom users with hardware specs that match the s4. boils down to preference...it still the same os...just diff hardware so look for hardware bragging rights not soft.

ur not MARKETING savvy shey?

what% of users r xda members or even root much less flash? check how many members xda has. not even a 2% of d market
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
ciphoenix:

getting this from Odin

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

either u do not have the drivers or kies is interfering with the flash
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
malikalhaj:
either u do not have the drivers or kies is interfering with the flash
if kies can do that then that must be the problem. Will get back to you after I retry.  smiley gracias
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
4llerbuntu:

ur not MARKETING savvy shey?

what% of users r xda members or even root much less flash? check how many members xda has. not even a 2% of d market
4ller where did u get ur stats from?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:05am On Mar 18, 2013
malikalhaj:
4ller where did u get ur stats from?

as at this morning XDA has 4, 950, 522 members. a lot of those accounts are multiple

choose your arbitrary source of the number of android devices in circulation and extrapolate

at least me and you know how many millions of devices samsung sold last year alone ....... along with other oems....

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2013

yep. uninstalled kies and it worked. I have root again. for some reason though couldn't find supersu. had to get it from playstore this time.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
u mean i really truly cannot deactivate MTn BIS?

i no want again, na by force? i wan subscribe for data plan.

abeg who knows how to do this?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
4llerbuntu: u mean i really truly cannot deactivate MTn BIS?

i no want again, na by force? i wan subscribe for data plan.

abeg who knows how to do this?

No code for this o
Customer care is ur best friend for now
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 3:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
ebdib:

No code for this o
Customer care is ur best friend for now

don't bother, they will tell you to wait until it finishes
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
4llerbuntu: Saw this on facebook

ALl you've just done is to regurgitate Samsung's gimmicks here. Gimmicks that media personnel who tried them out claim don't often work. journalists from the Wall Street Journal and TheVerge admitted that Smart Pause and even Air Gestures don't work very often.

In comparison the HTC One has
1. FAR better low light camera quality than the S4. Its low light performance even beats out the Lumia 920. FOr indoor shots and evening shots, the HTC One is VASTLY better than the S4. Not a gimmick
2. HTC One has the best sound EVER on any Mobile phone. Full stereo sound with excellent sound separation. Audio sounds pristine even on the highest volume on speaker. This is not a gimmick!
3. HTC One Camera has optical Image stabilization (OIS). Records steady video with little jigger. This is not a gimmick.

You also throw in some dubious points. The HTC One's Super LCD has viewing angles that are best in class, easily as good as anything Samsung can make. And LCD has more natural colors than AMOLED. Sure, the S4's AMOLED screen will be unbeatable for black levels, but other than that, the One should have an all round superior screen...or at least at the same level.

LG already enabled Dual Camera on Optimus G Pro...it's a minor software tweak.

Like I said, I'd still spring for the S4 if i was to choose one, but you're trying too hard to depict the One as an inferior device...and it's not cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
texazzpete:

ALl you've just done is to regurgitate Samsung's gimmicks here. Gimmicks that media personnel who tried them out claim don't often work. journalists from the Wall Street Journal and TheVerge admitted that Smart Pause and even Air Gestures don't work very often.

In comparison the HTC One has
1. FAR better low light camera quality than the S4. Its low light performance even beats out the Lumia 920. FOr indoor shots and evening shots, the HTC One is VASTLY better than the S4. Not a gimmick
2. HTC One has the best sound EVER on any Mobile phone. Full stereo sound with excellent sound separation. Audio sounds pristine even on the highest volume on speaker. This is not a gimmick!
3. HTC One Camera has optical Image stabilization (OIS). Records steady video with little jigger. This is not a gimmick.

You also throw in some dubious points. The HTC One's Super LCD has viewing angles that are best in class, easily as good as anything Samsung can make. And LCD has more natural colors than AMOLED. Sure, the S4's AMOLED screen will be unbeatable for black levels, but other than that, the One should have an all round superior screen...or at least at the same level.

Like I said, I'd still spring for the S4 if i was to choose one, but you're trying too hard to depict the One as an inferior device...and it's not cheesy
well said. Most of the things Samsung boast of re mere software tweaks. Which can be easily attainableby any oem .. I wonder how multi windowed mode has improved my use of sgs3. Nothing beats stock Android and till it is offered right from google desk it is known as bloats
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
anyone help me with mtn blackberry plan settings 0n samsung galaxy s2.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ochek: 2:36am On Mar 19, 2013
Ok! Can we change topic a lil from the new s4 and HTC phones?
What re your takes with the Tecno Andriod (n3) phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 6:28am On Mar 19, 2013
Ochek: Ok! Can we change topic a lil from the new s4 and HTC phones?
What re your takes with the Tecno Andriod (n3) phones.

Cheap, low end phone...but not bad if you're on a tight budget.
The real fun will start when techno will release a phone based on the new Quad core mediatek Mt6589 SoC. Not exactly a benchmark burner but at least that model pairs decent CpU speed with an updated PowerVR SGX GPU...you'll be able to run practically any Android game out there with decent performance.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 8:31am On Mar 19, 2013
Leopantro: do I eyes deceive me? can you believe it? not only is texazzpete comparing different Android phones, he even said he prefers S4. the same texazzpete that frown on Android looooooog time ago when people were comparing Android to iphone. even infoseye.

I was using Android LONG before most people here. I had a HTC G1, got my wife a HTC Mytouch in 2008. Used a Galaxy Tab 8.9..among many other Android tablets i've dabbled with.

At that time, the iPhone was much better for my needs. More fluid, more apps and it just worked.

I switched to Android in 2012 when I needed a bigger screen and more freedom...from a Galaxy SIII to a Galaxy Note 2.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 19, 2013
android gurus, i'm on android gingerbread and i need to use smileys(emoticons) especially for ma third party apps(twitter et al)...how do i go about this?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
ozor1: well said. Most of the things Samsung boast of re mere software tweaks.[size=18pt] Which can be easily attainableby any oem [/size].. I wonder how multi windowed mode has improved my use of sgs3. Nothing beats stock Android and till it is offered right from google desk it is known as bloats

@ the bolded, i appreciate the fact you said CAN, not that the other OEMS have.
let them enable the "minor" tweak too first naa.

to make money is also a minor hard work tweak, make am first na tongue tongue tongue tongue

afterall you pple have insulted samsung for doing what the competition has thats better in order to attain parity.
They too should enable this "minor "samsung" tweaks abi

i also don’t suppose these other oems provide "stock android"? or have you forgotten the premise of the discussion so soon?

texazzpete:

i am NOT trying to paint it inferior, im only trying to point out the mumu-ciousness in the "oh dear me, HTC over sammy" drumbeats.

as far as im concerned, all android OEMS the same with certain differentiators, and i express my own view that for me, i find samsung's differentiators more appealing.

i most heartily refuse to buy this sammy hate-induced hype. pple need to chill with the rhetoric.

things like metal over plastic. like its not that same metal that has been found to affect signals, dent and bend in accidents and drops, and is absolutely terrible to look at when it starts peeling and chipping.

and ironically, most users will still encase the device in some pouch or casing.....

u mention speakers, if it was samsung that did that, people will simply remind you if the phone is supposed to replace your jukebox, or if the external speakers were the primary way of receiving calls.

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO WHINE ABOUT IF YOU WANT ABEG.

This devices are primarily communication and internet use devices. Function before form. criticisms that make sense will be to show how the phone is deficient in making and receiving calls or enabling the use of the internet effectively.

Samsung are not necessarily the best OEM, but they make great devices, just like HTC, and they market better. deal with it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by micogah(m): 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
hello guys. my ericsson xperia x10i was locked due to multiple wrong pattern, and i cant remember my gmail account details. plc how can i reset the fone plc?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
oops
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
^^^^
tales by moonlight. shey grin grin grin grin

this particular story is becoming more and more regular these days

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.