Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (976832 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by MrTA(m): 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
I dont know about which one is better yet but that HTC One wins on looks. Absolutely stunning.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
not sure the guy really owns the phone; who on earth forgets his own email?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by techmymoney(m): 3:15am On Mar 21, 2013
Samsung GALAXY S 3 Lockscreen Bypass Discovered (Security Bug) Like and follow us on Twitter Nigeria's best Tech News Site: http://techmymoney.com/?p=1371

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by shosky1794: 5:30am On Mar 21, 2013
Please i need help. My laptop & the Samsung Kies on it don't detect my phone(Galaxy Y Pro Duos). The laptop says there's a driver missing but i've tried to install all the drivers that could be missing but it's still the same problem.
It was not like that in the beginning so i'm guessing it has to do with the usb cable(cos i had to buy a new cable when i couldn't find the custom one.).

I'll appreciate any help. Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:14am On Mar 21, 2013
shosky1794: Please i need help. My laptop & the Samsung Kies on it don't detect my phone(Galaxy Y Pro Duos). The laptop says there's a driver missing but i've tried to install all the drivers that could be missing but it's still the same problem.
It was not like that in the beginning so i'm guessing it has to do with the usb cable(cos i had to buy a new cable when i couldn't find the custom one.).

I'll appreciate any help. Thanks

uninstall kies and all the drivers you have installed.
possibly use ccleaner to remove all traces of kies and registry entries related
reboot.

then reinstall kies again.

if it does not work try a new cable /or different usb ports.

try on a different pc
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1655286

u can also find the latest DRIVERS ONLY (NOT KIES) in this linked thread
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by techmymoney(m): 9:55am On Mar 21, 2013
New Android note taking app Nigeria's Best Tech site Leave like us on Facebook http://techmymoney.com/?p=1401

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by walescon(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2013
Help a brother.....which app works like action menu on android
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
please i am looking for app to stop auto rebot application
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
I have a concept for an app for android. it will have the capability of making money for anyone that uses it and it utilizes a basic property of all android phones.I have zero knowledge in programming or app creation.the app will also require a data base administrator and a website. I'm ready to sponsor the project but I need programmers and a possible visibilty study. can anyone help me out with a link or contact? thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
pls help, am delibrating to get s3(mini) or s4?
how much is d london use for d both.. can someone gv a perfect guess or confirm info.
and where can i get a guarantee london use fone around lag.(d two phone abv specifically) nd d amnt.
pls help pals...

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
phone isn't even on sale yet and you're looking for London used
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ossaifamous(m): 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
ciphoenix:
phone isn't even on sale yet and you're looking for London used
my bro na wah o
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jboy01(m): 6:40am On Mar 22, 2013
I can now successfully play PES 2012 on my samsung galaxy pocket.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 22, 2013
everybody is still enjoying his/her phone...
Nobody s ready to sell....
Well any available s3(mini) or s4 by sept. Or oct. mail me-usmanbalogun@gmail.com
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:28am On Mar 22, 2013
we all know about holding the home button to multitask but what if you could make it faster? try swipepad free on the app store. with a simple swipe you can multitask your apps while still within an app. and it's fast too

if you are unfortunate to call customer care and you need to press your keypad to go to submenus according to the teleprompt, why don't. you make it faster. for example, if you want to load credit only mtn, dial 180, press the menu button and click on add 2 sec pause,press 2,add another 2 sec pause,press 2 and another 2sec pause then dial. another way to make you stop using your smart phone the dumb way
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2013
anybody help me on how to disable auto start app on
samsung galaxy s2 and how to disable auto application
updating...it comsuming my battery and mb...thanks alot...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 11:50am On Mar 22, 2013
abrahym: anybody help me on how to disable auto start app on
always check prev pages..droid wall will do
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
ozor1: always check prev pages..droid wall will do
thanks....let me look up play store for droid wall
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
Fa fa fa fail.

abrahym: anybody help me on how to disable auto start app on

Mr Abrahym here asked for how to

DISABLE APPS FROM AUTO START

DISABLE APP FROM AUTO UPDATES

i dont think either of this things have anything to do with droidwall.

for the first one, disabling apps from autostarting, there are lots and lots of apps that can do this.

some are dedicated to this, some have lots of other functions.

some are free, some are paid apps.

simply type "autostart" in the search box in google play and pick any.

i really cant recommend any, because i don't recommend apps i dont use!

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT USE A TASK MANAGER (those are harmful)

for number 2

simply go into your play store, press the menu button and tap "My Apps" , slide to the all apps section and select each app

right there you will see a small tick box that says "Allow automatic updating" untick the box if ticked.

do this for every app u have, chikena. na u go dey talk wen dem go update noni

ur welcome in advance grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
smiley winkplzzzz how can i read pdf file on my Android device techno n3
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cyrielo(m): 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
Emzybrown: smiley winkplzzzz how can i read pdf file on my Android device techno n3
just install adobe reader from playstore
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Why Apple Really Needs To Kill It With iOS 7

Six years in, the polish is starting to rub off. After a historic launch and years of grand slam updates to its hardware and software, the iPhone now appears more vulnerable than ever. To retains its luster, Apple needs to make iOS 7 its boldest update yet.  It pains me to admit, but Android is evolving faster than iOS these days. For years, that seemed impossible. Early Android phonesfelt like rusty copycats  of Apple's impeccably slick mobile platform, with far fewer apps available to their users.  With each upgrade to Android, iPhone owners laughed as the platform seemingly struggled to keep up with Apple's bulletproof user experience. And for a while, it did struggle. But slowly, that changed. Next thing we knew, Android commanded 75% of the smartphone market . Today, instead of mocking Android, manyprominent iPhone lovers are switching to Google .

Android Phones Keep Getting Better

In his (admittedly late) review of the Nexus 4 , the notoriously pro-Apple MG Siegler cites the "methodical way" Google is improving Android, a detail that reminds him of Apple. "In a world without iPhone, I could definitely see myself using the Nexus 4 as my smartphone," Siegler writes. "It is a really good device — one that Google should be proud of." Those are strong words from a stalwart defender of Cupertino. Siegler's decision to stick with the iPhone is roughly representative of millions of consumers who have already established a loyalty to Apple's mobile empire. But as Android improves, a growing number will think twice unless Apple pushes things forward more aggressively. Apple still has what many influencers consider to be the best smartphone on the market. But Google's getting there. It's not the mobile underdog anymore. Siegler may not be going anywhere. But Kawasaki , Scoble and Ihnakto  have already jumped ship. Who's next? 

The iPhone Needs Another iOS 5-Caliber Update

As iOS version updates go, the last one was fairly minor. The Facebook integration was nice, Siri took important steps forward and Passbook has serious potential. iOS 6 had dozens of other minor improvements, but no blockbusters. Its most anticipated feature, Maps, flopped so badly itled to a shake-up of Apple's executive team . Remember when iOS 5 launched ? That felt like an almost revolutionary upgrade. Notification Center, iMessage, iCloud and Twitter integration were all huge. It also introduced over-the-air updates and iTunes-free device activation. Even something as imperfect as Newsstand at least represented a new play for Apple and a promising opportunity for publishers. Then, of course, the iPhone 4S introduced us to Siri. By comparison, iOS 6 was a more subtle, iterative update. And that's fine. But the next one needs be more like the jump to iOS 5: It's going to need at least one experience-changing, killer feature. I never upgraded my phone to iOS 6. I wanted to, but the desire to hang onto my jailbreak prevented me from tapping the button. Then the Maps thing happened, reinforcing my decision. By the time both of those issues were resolved, I had been using iOS 6 on my iPad for a few months and had played with a friend's iPhone 5. Aside from maybe the ability to more competently write about Passbook, I didn't feel any burning desire to update my phone. In fact, the first hint of regret I felt was last week when I tried to download Google's new Field Trip app for iOS and was informed that it required iOS 6. I realize this is purely subjective, but I couldn't help but notice that the things luring me toward iOS 6 were Google-built apps, not Apple's own efforts.  When you look at a device like the Nexus 4 , it's easy to why some are defecting. The hardware is nice and the operating system itself has come a long way. Even Apple diehards are able to admit that Google Now makes Siri look like a joke. Across the board, Google's mobile design has improved dramatically, something we iOS users have been getting a taste of for the last six months. The Nexus 4 even has a cool wireless charging orb! I want one.

What Should iOS 7 Look Like?

So what can Apple to do make sure its next big launch creates that gotta-have-it foam at the mouths of consumers? The next hardware upgrade (this summer's rumored iPhone 5S ) will likely be pretty minor: slightly better cameras, a faster processor and so forth. Hopefully the model after that leaves room for substantial improvements, but in the meantime Apple has to flex its product development muscle with software.  Perfect timing. With iOS chief Scott Forstall out and superstar industrial designer Jony Ive given more authority over the visual design of Apple's products, iOS may now be poised to take some seriously bold steps forward. To the excitement of many, Ive's oversight is likely to mean less skeuomorphic design , but those changes probably won't be made overnight. Let's hope it also means a deeper retooling of the broader user experience.  Things like wireless charging, NFC and changes to the form factor may have to wait, but there are plenty of software-based enhancements that Apple users are clamoring for. Multi-user sign-in, AirDrop file-sharing, dynamic app icons that display live data, a radical expansion of Siri (by opening up an API to third parties), better app management and, of course, improvements to Apple's Maps app are all common requests .  The ability to set one's default Web browser, maps app and email client (at the very least) would go a long way toward making iOS more user-friendly in the way that Android users already enjoy.  To get an idea of iOS's true potential, we can just do what Apple does: Look at the jailbreak community. Many of the platform'smost celebrated features were borrowed from developers  who built new concepts without Apple's initial approval. Multitasking, copy and paste, Notification Center and data tethering are just a few examples.  Even though Apple has adopted popular jailbreak features, there remain plenty of compelling reasons to circumvent Apple's controls . Many of them, as commenters are quick to point out, are things that Android does out of the box. They're right. If it wants to keep Google at bay, Apple might consider letting users customize iOS more.
 Wearable Computing: Apple's Next Hardware Play?

Of course, a significant hardware update isn't entirely out of the question. If the rumors are true, we may be getting an iOS-powered smart watch alongside the next iPhone. If executed as well as Apple is known to do things, the so-called iWatch  could make up for an otherwise lackluster refresh on the iPhone 5S. A successful foray into wearable computing by this fall could give Apple a leg up over Google, whose ambitious Glass device doesn't launch until the end of the year and is already marked by legitimate privacy concerns andpotential social stigma . An iWatch could succeed in snapping consumer excitement about Apple firmly back into place and keep the masses happy until the iPhone can get a proper hardware refresh. But even with a sleek, wearable gadget, Apple needs to push its software forward. iOS 7 needs to be indispensable.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
readwrite.com/2013/03/12/why-apple-ios-7-needs-to-kill-it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BB013(m): 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Pls house, just got a s3 mini Ąπ∂ thinking of rooting how do I go abt it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
4llerbuntu: Fa fa fa fail.

Mr Abrahym here asked for how to

DISABLE APPS FROM AUTO START

DISABLE APP FROM AUTO UPDATES

i dont think either of this things have anything to do with droidwall.

for the first one, disabling apps from autostarting, there are lots and lots of apps that can do this.

some are dedicated to this, some have lots of other functions.

some are free, some are paid apps.

simply type "autostart" in the search box in google play and pick any.

i really cant recommend any, because i don't recommend apps i dont use!

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT USE A TASK MANAGER (those are harmful)

for number 2

simply go into your play store, press the menu button and tap "My Apps" , slide to the all apps section and select each app

right there you will see a small tick box that says "Allow automatic updating" untick the box if ticked.

do this for every app u have, chikena. na u go dey talk wen dem go update noni

ur welcome in advance grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 11:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
this tutorial was helpful...thanks bro
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by hargbolahan(m): 1:35am On Mar 23, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Abeggi ma ogas @ d top...... I got a london used htc my touch 3g slide android few weeks ago, i'm unable 2 set up a google acct nor sign in my acct,thereby making me unable 2 access d google store...i m really unhappy abt d situation cuz i m unable 2 maximise d use of d phone......plz, anybody who understands d situation shd temme hw 2 go abt it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LeJeun3: 4:56am On Mar 23, 2013
Greetings Android Fam, there r 77 pages and certainly won't be able to search each.

Someone, wants to sell me a HTC Inspire but has honestly told me that since it branded AT&T it does not recognise d 3G network here, please is this correct and if true how do I resolve it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ossaifamous(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2013
jus installed a paranoid r on on my gt 19003 but the problem is it seem consume battery exceptionally..... should I change the ROM ... and pls suggests for me
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:55am On Mar 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rrEhnXjvIo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

samsung demoed some concept flexible OLED devices in this video. stunning.

I'm sure by the time they start to release them, we will be told how "gimmicky" they are and how some other OEMs are better.

by the time these devices come out, either Google stop Samsung from using android anymore, or they as well accept that no other OEM will be alive on android.

For all the talk of advertising, the distance between Samsung and other android oems when it comes to hardware innovation is massive.

apple used to have an edge, but they need a big release quickly or will lose market massively by next year.

for example only Motorola has better batteries. HTC and co are still releasing devices with LCD screens. and truth is even though we say the exynos octacore and co processors are a but gimmicky, they r d best performance wise out there.. and will keep improving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.