Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja (66165 Views)

Queeneth Agbor: The Day My Igbo Boyfriend Slapped Me Becos I Kissed In Movie / Singer, Mc Galaxy Got Slapped In Akwa Ibom By an Elder Statesman / Oritsefemi Reveals Father Got Him Arrested By Police To Discourage Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by Goldenheart(m): 10:49am On Jun 27, 2012
I slapped him....once 4rm reliable source
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by KINGwax(m): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2012
fesse:

Because his father is a billionaire, he should go on insulting people. He should know that Abuja is not Lagos. 80% of Kids of his age are trillionaires Children. Next time he is in Abuja, he will walk with one leg up. Serves him right.
stop deceiving yourself. Which 80% are trillionaires?
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by Reference(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2012
Abeg the boy should understand. Once you cross river Niger police and soja eye dey red oh. The pally dey cruise Abuja for midnight wey dey lock down. Those guys go slap Senator wey mess up. Na life and death matter. Na Boko cause am oh. This one money no fit solve am. Dey call am State of Emergency.
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by kevin0021(m): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2012
Please the bottom line is,if really these happen
is just too early for involving himself in these
kind of act,instead he should embrace HUMILITY %
and learn from others,a words of advice DIVIDO
either billionaire,zillionaire,or whatever plsss.
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by Orikinla(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2012
Chizolum: Dami Duro crooner Davido may not have bargained for what he got in Abuja the last time he went for a show sponsored by Nokia.

Davido, arguably, is the most sought after artiste in the current Nigerian music market.

The super entertainer who is an ambassador of MTN Pulse is multi talented and this explains why he’s a pianist, producer, composer and arranger of songs. Away from the appraisals, the tattoo loving artiste, going by the latest gist at our disposal might need to watch the way he talks to people and stop letting his sudden stardom derail him off radar like those who have come and gone be for him.

The fast rising star who would be collaborating with Senegalese Konvict Music boss and singer, Akon, on the remix of his rave making single, Dami Duro, we reliably gathered was recently harassed and hit by a uniformed man at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

According to the angry source, the musician was invited for the recently concluded Nokia Rap Battle show alongside other prominent acts by one Nosa, a fast rising music producer cum manager. The show ended and according to the source, Davido who was said to be drunk to stupor insisted on leaving in a friend’s car instead of going in the one the ones that brought him, and other top artistes and crew from the hotel.

He insisted though and Nosa being his host had to drive behind them, bubble later burst when the car conveying Davido was stopped by some military men for the routine check especially at that time of the night.

Our source revealed that the obviously tipsy Davido jumped out of the car and started boasting "don't you know me, what the Bleep is wrong with you guys..." He started shouting about who he is and what guts the Mopol men had to stop his friend`s car.

This act, SWAGGDICE TV was told, infuriated one of the Mopol and while the musician was still ranting and boasting, he was landed a dirty slap and was threatened with gun to shut up if he does not want to be bathed in his blood.

The musician we were further told was immediately rushed back into the car by Nosa and his friend who had at that point got down from their bus and pleaded with the uniformed men that he’s actually a popular musician especially in Lagos and was coming from a show.

The story however didn’t end there as the angry Davido did not hesitate to transfer aggression to Nosa immediately they got back to the hotel. The musician we learnt went as far as telling the man who got him the Nokia performance deal to shut up and not talk when he’s talking else he would slap him the way the Mopol treated him.

Nosa, the simple lifestyle dude who we learnt might have been in the entertainment industry before Davido was born, just walked away because he saw Davido as a proud boy.

Nonso, we gathered`is currently a stakeholder in Limelite Records which has signed artistes like Freestyle, Munachi Abii and many more. "He could not withstand a boy of Davido’s age talk to him in such manner for trying to help him realize his mistakes and as such, had to quietly walk away. Anyway pride goes before fall so my advice is the billionaire son should thread softly." One of the eye-witnesses revealed to us.

http://www.ghanamma.com/2012/06/davidos-arrogance-get-him-dirty-slaps-in-abuja/
http://www./profiles/blogs/mopol-officer-slaps-davido-for-being-rude-full-details

[size=28pt]SHORT MEN ALWAYS HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM EVERYWHERE. CAN HE EVEN STAND CLOSE TO THE SHADOW OF LYNXX, UTI AND OTHER REAL MEN?[/size]

Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by adewaleh(m): 11:33am On Jun 27, 2012
Chizolum:

His father is a billionaire!
ehn ehn,. Whats is name... And what number is he in d forbe list... Crazy...
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by Konnektions146(m): 11:56am On Jun 27, 2012
adewaleh: ehn ehn,. Whats is name... And what number is he in d forbe list... Crazy...
lol, i need answers to dis pls
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by fesse(f): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2012
KINGwax: stop deceiving yourself. Which 80% are trillionaires?

that is to tell you that billionaires are not recognized in Abuja because majority are.
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by oluchijud(f): 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
Omo baba olowo abi omo baba talaka... Mopol no dey luk Uche face o.. If d Nosa guy had not interfered i bet d mopols wld av designed his butts wt koboko whippings.. Respect doesnt cost one anythng!!!
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by adzer: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
D slap wasn't as dirty as U said
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by elari(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
fesse:

that is to tell you that billionaires are not recognized in Abuja because majority are.
. . . Hey! Shut up dia. Which Abuja? The one in Nigeria or wer? Beta behave o. Do u knw wat it takes to be 12zeros rich?
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by fesse(f): 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
elari: . . . Hey! Shut up dia. Which Abuja? The one in Nigeria or wer? Beta behave o. Do u knw wat it takes to be 12zeros rich?

Abuja....the one in Nigeria. You are the likes of Davido. For nau you are still a kid, when you grow up, you will know what life is all about.
There is a big difference btw Lagos and Abuja......figure it out MU2
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by blackmale(m): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
e ma gba mi leti,leti,,,,,,, emi omo baba olowo..lowo...
sebi won fe gbami leti,,leti,,,,,lol, mopol shudnt have done tht na,, he was rude though...
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by moveup: 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Soon, he will receive holy ghost SLAP from Bishop Oyedepo too because he is a Wizard for Music!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by MrLuGold(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
Pls stop this criticising of this artist. Nigerian music industry needed a soulja-boy. A face to put behind catchy beats, someone with no talent and useless bland lyrics. And Davido stood up to the occasion. I think for his bravery he should be allowed to be arrogant. It's not a small achievement to be able to hold the title of least-talented artist and most overrated newcomer. Cut the guy some slack pls. I'm not a hater, i just played his damiduro track without the beats and well..the rest is history.

"Yeah on the beat its Davido
And im driving all the girls crazy oh
eh noni noni ghege mene cheny oh (might be spelt wrongly, someone who speaks slowpoke pls correct me)"
Repeat 2X and move on to chorus.

Naija, this is your most sought after artist..........Son, you disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by vickspider(f): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
if ure a fool when broke,and u later get money, u become a fool with money...smh embarassed cry
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by sexyglow(f): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
cry[b][/b]
awesome_t: Who be im papa
Dangote
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by Ajengogo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
I know the mopol guy that slapped this your overhyped davido ('cos I don't know who is). It is this same mopol that slapped Amokachi when he was growing up in his soccer career. What am saying in essence is that the slap is a big sign of success in the guy's career
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by kolexy(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
queensmith:

Hmmm - all i know is we ekiti people are told to stay away from all of you tongue tongue

My folks advised me against marrying the gals. I no fit wash pants oo.
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
shymmex:

That's for the Ijebus in Ogun state..

Mine is in Lagos, and our capital is Ijebu Ode lol.
I never knew there were Ijebus in lagos. Do they share the same dialect with their people in Ogun state or are are there variations?
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by TalkingBird: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
Arrogance?
@opps if true then its a case study for Character counts more than credentials.
http://softskillmentor-vincent..com/2012/06/character-counts-for-as-much-as.html

It only takes a little while before the man who thinks so much of himself finds out he is leaking the dust.
Learn brother, learn! Pls do so quickly.
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by queensmith: 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
kolexy:

My folks advised me against marrying the gals. I no fit wash pants oo.

lol- abi!!! you know! my own people say they will sell you for money! grin grin grin
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by maclatunji: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
Mr.Lu.Gold:
Pls stop this criticising of this artist. Nigerian music industry needed a soulja-boy. A face to put behind catchy beats, someone with no talent and useless bland lyrics. And Davido stood up to the occasion. I think for his bravery he should be allowed to be arrogant. It's not a small achievement to be able to hold the title of least-talented artist and most overrated newcomer. Cut the guy some slack pls. I'm not a hater, i just played his damiduro track without the beats and well..the rest is history.

"Yeah on the beat its Davido
And im driving all the girls crazy oh
eh noni noni ghege mene cheny oh (might be spelt wrongly, someone who speaks slowpoke pls correct me)"
Repeat 2X and move on to chorus.

Naija, this is your most sought after artist..........Son, you disappoint.

Not new now. I just laugh at some of their lines as a poet. All songs are poems but not all poems are songs.
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by dowjones(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
ActiveMan: I HATE NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY

THE PEOPLE ALWAYS BEHAVE BASE ON THEIR PERSONAL HATRED

WHY WILL YOU SLAP YOUR FELLOW CITIZEN

BECAUSE YOU ARE A POLICE OR A MOPOL OFFICER?

NO LAW FOR THIS COUNTRY SHA

when a kid like davido "handles" you, you will not only slap him but slam his skull on the floor. you really don't know how present day kids roll? they will attempt to embarrass an older person and call it "wash" !
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by dowjones(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2012
anybody who fights for davido or anyother "celebrity" is nothing but a fool, groupie and a$$ licker. its a trend I've noticed on nairaland and its a sign that the membership of this forum is quickly being monopolized by a clueless younger generation. don't go around fighting for a celeb that would snub your stupid ass if he sees you.
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by elari(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
fesse:

Abuja....the one in Nigeria. You are the likes of Davido. For nau you are still a kid, when you grow up, you will know what life is all about.
There is a big difference btw Lagos and Abuja......figure it out MU2
. . . Who is the fool nw? U who insults sum1 when nt insulted or what? FYI i live in Abuja and ur estimated number is a hoax and u are a big lier. Dunt come here and tells us lie just becos u want to prove dat u stay in Abuja. Bloody born by error of a drunkard kleptomaniac father and a nyphomaniac mother. Baggar.
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by sdbaba: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
he better watches it before he becomes like this

https://www.nairaland.com/971553/majek-fashek-prophet/1
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by joeyfire(m): 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
grin
Lol! The boy should go and release a remix to "e ma dami duro" and retitle it "e ma fo mi leti"
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by cosby07: 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
I dont even knw who davido is/ Nosa and the mopol.....Now wetin i wan gain from reading this?? Laff wan tear my belle grin
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by marvel10: 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
Davido should try his best not to get drunk when working. The slap would have been avoided and perhaps MOPOL shouldn't be quick to hit innocent people. I doubt they would do this when BK turn up. They have killed many innocent citizens with their evil and bullysome attitudes. Nobody is saying they shouldn't do their work but I can't imagine the Miami or NY Police slapping Beyonce or Jay Z for being drunk. Nothing to do with them!!
Re: Davido's Arrogance Got Him Slapped In Abuja by eyenCalabar(m): 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
marvel10: Davido should try his best not to get drunk when working. The slap would have been avoided and perhaps MOPOL shouldn't be quick to hit innocent people. I doubt they would do this when BK turn up. They have killed many innocent citizens with their evil and bullysome attitudes. Nobody is saying they shouldn't do their work but I can't imagine the Miami or NY Police slapping Beyonce or Jay Z for being drunk. Nothing to do with them!!

You are talking trash bro. Why shouldn't the mopol man slap him? Because he is the only artiste that they have blocked before for checking or what? the guy simply lacks home training so they should teach him. I hail them sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tagbo Umeike's Family Goes For Autopsy At Lagos Island Mortuary (Photo) / Stephanie Hornecker Slays In See-Through Cleavage-Baring Top (Photos) / Timilehin Bello Proposes To Chidinma (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.