Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye (15412 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Buhari Can’t Take Us To Promise Land, Nigeria Will Break Up / Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by nacom(f): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2007
Pure foolishness is responsible for the utterances and posts of people like Denex,Danmasani & Jakunmo,

I guess that Gods enabling grace shall allow your blasphemy to be forgiven but haven said that,it's either you accept the prophesy or ignore it instead of opening your lousy mouths to say rubbish on a public forum.

No wonder you folks have stunted growths and developments in Life.May God save you all.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by jerrymania(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2007
na.com:

Pure foolishness is responsible for the utterances and posts of people like Denex,Danmasani & Jakunmo,

I guess that Gods enabling grace shall allow your blasphemy to be forgiven but haven said that,it's either you accept the prophesy or ignore it instead of opening your lousy mouths to say rubbish on a public forum.

No wonder you folks have stunted growths and developments in Life.May God save you all.

dont let sentiments creep in. they got their own opinions directed at the pastor and not God. so its not blasphemy as u think
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by nacom(f): 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2007
Ain't no sentiments attached brother.
Let us be objective and ay things as they are.Saying Crap about a true man of God can lead to eternal perdition,take it or leave it.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by jerrymania(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2007
na.com:

Ain't no sentiments attached brother.
Let us be objective and ay things as they are.Saying Crap about a true man of God can lead to eternal perdition,take it or leave it.
yes thats the same thing they will riddle ur brains with so u cant criticize them in anyway orelse u'll be doomed. their leagues orchestrated this from the beggining so they can deceive u and milk u of ur last penny. but methinks its just a motivational stuff not prophecy per say.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by uncleb(m): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2007
nigeria is not as bad as samaria, yet overnight God restored her glory , famine disappeared and they had abundance. Those that doubted it saw it happened but never benefitted of it.

If God can do that , i know there is hope for Nigeria.

As for me I know that I  it is well wt me in this land notwithstanding what is happening at present

But let me advise fellow nairaland to desist from speaking evil of men of God/prophet.
it is a very dangerous thing, it has serious repercusion, pls , i beg u dont incur the wrath of God upon urself by speaking ill of His anointed.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by uncleb(m): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2007
bluv,pain,jakumo and the rest i pray that God will 4giv u

FATHER PLS FOOOOOOOOOOOOOGIVE THEEEEEEEEEEM
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by ow11(m): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2007
Oyedepo said something close to this in 2002. He gave a time frame of 10 years for Nigeria to be great. Now Adeboye don talk him own.

On a personal note, I don't bother with these type of prophesies when i hear them, take them like a pinch of salt.

For those who want to believe. . . I thought rapture was around the corner.what if Jesus comes just about the time you want to enjoy Nigeria's 'greatness'?
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by nacom(f): 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2007
ow11:

On a personal note, I don't bother with these type of prophesies and when i hear them, take them with a pinch of salt. My principle is If you know how your life will turn out, then what is the fun in living. it's like watching a football match you already know the score.

For those who want to believe. . . I thought rapture was around the corner

No hard feels ow11,but from the signature appended to your posts, E go better !I can deduce that you may be a poor looser that accepts his faith the way it comes.

Who cares what you think on a personal note.I'm sure you and others will remain unknown in oblivion,with forums like this as your only source of communication.

On the other hand,renown and annointed men of God like Papa Adeboye,Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris Oyakilome have achieved what i guess you wouldn't achieve in 10 lifetimes or more. tongue
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by ow11(m): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ na.com

what exactly have you acheived?

who is talking about achievement here. milking poor people of their belongings isn't an acheivement i envy. If buying flashy cars and dressing up in trendy suits is an achievement to you then the chains of poverty have held you so tightly that you have failed to see beyond your evident LACK.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by denex: 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2007
@na.com

what is your issue? Pastor prophesied and I raised my doubts, because of that, you start raining insults on me. Why?

I only did my own bit of prophesying and instead of you either agreeing or ignoring you decide to start with insults. It is your pastor's children that will have stunted growth for all the lies he has been using to rip off Nigerians over the decades.

"Nigeria will be the Greatest Nation on Earth."

-God.

In fact, that Pastor is demented. Is God a Nigerian abi God did not see any better country in this world which is already working very hard to be the greatest. Please, it's about time we chased these minions back to hell with all their demonic prophesies that always become realised in the opposite.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by denex: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2007
@na.com

what is your issue? Pastor prophesied and I raised my doubts, because of that, you start raining insults on me. Why?

I only did my own bit of prophesying and instead of you either agreeing or ignoring you decide to start with insults. It is your pastor's children that will have stunted growth for all the lies he has been using to rip off Nigerians over the decades.

"Nigeria will be the Greatest Nation on Earth."

-God.

In fact, that Pastor is demented. Is God a Nigerian abi God did not see any better country in this world which is already working very hard to be the greatest. Please, it's about time we chased these minions back to hell with all their demonic prophesies that always become realised in the opposite.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by redsun(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2007
Nigeria as a country can only be great if we change our notion of leadership from looting and stealing to serving and delivering.No amount of prayer can help a man that can't think and who is not prepared to take the bull by the horn.Prayer is more of therapeutic than physical solution,it can't put food on your table,it can't help you clean the streets to get rid of mosquitos and inturn get rid rid of malaria,all this you have to do youurself if you start using your brain and manpower.
Religion is an opium for masses,consulation of the poor,the weak and the ignorant,but then again why not? if it keeps you alive, sane and healthy,but not using it to manipulate the vulnerables,teach them the truth,tell them their problems are as results of what they are not doing right,not demons or devil,the greatest demon we have in nigeria now are the thieving politicians,corrupt civil servants,bogus contractors,corrupt public service officials,police and co and the lying and money grabbing preachers,they are worse because they mentally and physically decieve the poor,taking from those that doesn't have and it is amazing that the people can't see,it is like the more you look,the less you see,the only one they is the 19guy or wash wash man,not that i am excusing them,unless of course they are conning politicians or oyibos.
Even the birds of the air that the bible said god feeds is a blatant lie,they vigorously hunt for their food, if not, they will perish,just like the eagles and even hawks that can be commonly found in nigerian villages,you see them snatching chicks from hens after some good airial surveillance,patiance and skillful diving.Our people just take take bible and religion literally,instead of parables,ironies and metaphors that jesus taught them to be.
Religion is main to set you free physically first,then spiritual.It is the quest for the unknown,the more you know the less mystries and the more freedom,that is if you reasonable enough as an individual,wisdom,it does not come with brainwashed education,money or powr but with natural insight,the ability to question,think and create,go ye into the world and multiply,it's not just children motherfuckers,but every thing that makes the world go round.Bringing children into the the world to suffer,what is the point?
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by seguno2: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2007
I thought the following exchange might have some relevance to this thread
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Segun wrote:
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 06:53:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: RCCG Article
To: DAPO

Dear Sir,

I am sure you will agree with me that one of the hallmarks of a reputable media house is to publish rejoinders as Pointblank has done for this story. Please note that I neither work for nor hold brief for Pointblank.
The issue here is whether the granting AND usage of the duty waiver was expedient. As Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor. 6:12a "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient." I very much doubt that obtaining duty waivers to import luxury cars, in our potentially rich yet poor country due to widespread corruption, will be considered expedient for a Christian church in the mould of those who were so first called in Antioch -Acts 11:26.
If you are unsure as to what to consider expedient for Christians in this circumstance, you may read the following passages:

1. Matthew 19:21 about the rich man to whom Jesus said "If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor (not the temple/synagogue/church or even Jesus & His apostles)". This same message is recorded in Mark 10:21.
2. Luke 19:8 about Jesus' visit to Zacchaeus' house whereupon he said to the Lord "Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold." Kindly note again that he is giving to the poor not the temple/synagogue/church or even Jesus & His apostles. Furthermore also note his restoration (or restitution) promise to those whom he might have defrauded.
3. Luke 19:45-46 about Jesus Christ chasing out buyers & sellers out of the temple.
4. Isaiah 58:6-7 telling us about what kind of fast God wants.

This import duty waiver would have been a non-issue if the chuch had used AND made it known that it used it to build hospitals or schools etc where subsidised services/enrolment will be offered to needy people, even if only its members.
You may find parallels between this import duty waiver saga and the story of Naaman, Prophet Elisha and his servant Gehazi in 2 Kings 5.
I believe we Christains should continuously do a reality check to find if we are displaying the same attributes that led the people of Antioch to first call our predecessors Christians and not drifting towards Pharisees & Sadducees characteristics.
I wish you a blessed worship time in the presence of our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ tomorrow. Amen.

Segun

DAPO wrote:
Thank you for providing the article. Although this article addressed the "import waiver" issue but did not make any reference to RCCG, Pastor Ghandi or Daddy G.O. Neither Daddy G.O nor Pastor Ghandi has been mentioned by any "reputable" source as being involved in any scandal. It is thus obvious that the devil wants to use the media to stand in the way of God's work. The Bible tells us in the book of Judges 1:2 , And the Lord said, "Judah shall go up. Indeed I have delivered the land into his hand"

Furthermore, it is apparent that the article printed in PointBlank represents "junk journalism" that fills the internet with "rumor."

Since the article did not allege that RCCG was involved in any wrong doing, I see no reason for RCCG to respond. If a "fact-based" official allegation is levied against RCCG, a truthful response is guaranteed.

I will suggest that you allow PointBlank to respond at this junction.

I will also ask that individual interested in these issues should make sure they have an indepth knowledge of import waiver policies, not only in Nigeria but in other countries.

May the heavy hands of Lord's mercy rest upon his children.

Regards

On Nov 22, 2007 2:27 AM, Segun wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I believe you may find the reported response of the Minister of Finance on > the subject matter informative. It is still available on The Sun News web > site but extracted below.
> I will suggest that the church issues a fact-based denial in a TIMELY > manner, which was my humble objective, or restitute the unpaid duties to the > Federal Government, the collecting agent on behalf of the 140m largely > impoverished Nigerians. It may however decide not to restitute IF the > imported items conform to the waivers given and were substantially used for
> mainly charitable causes.
> Thank you and God bless.
>
> Segun
> -----------------------------------------
> Church in import waiver mess
> Finance Minister faults
> By Sun News Publishing
> Saturday, November 10, 2007
>
> Minister of Finance, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, has put a lie to the claim of the > National Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Eng. S. > L.S. Salifu, that the ministry was yet to furnish him with details of the > churches that have seemingly abused the import waiver regime, as claimed by > the minister.
>
> Usman says his office has not only replied, but had appealed that the issue > be viewed from the economic point of view rather than imputing religious > sentiments into it.
>
> In a statement responding to CAN's position, made available to Saturday Sun, > the minister claimed that contrary to the CAN chief's accusation that he > made wild allegations and declined to reply his letter requesting for > details, he actually wrote back to the Christian body.
>
> He noted also that he named names and gave specific instances of churches > that benefited from the windfall made possible by an indulging > administration. The minister in a memo of October 10 with reference number > FMF/OHMF/1 addressed to the CAN Secretary, Eng. S. L.S. Salifu, and signed > on his behalf by his Special Adviser (Media), disputed the claims of the CAN
> chief at the Independence anniversary and noted:

> Minister's letter
> Kindly take note that the Honourable Minister of Finance was out of the > country when your initial letter was received. Upon his return, he ordered > that the information you requested, be communicated to you accordingly. > We were therefore shocked by your inaccurate and misleading public comments > about the subject matter and the person of the Honourable Minister while
> efforts were on to process your request as directed. And that you chose the > occasion of the commemoration of our nation's 47th national day celebrations > was indeed indiscreet and misguided, to say the least.
> However, the transcript of the relevant portion contained in the Honourable > Minister's text of press conference is hereby reproduced for your guidance > as follows:
> "When we issue these tax incentives, what is the purpose? Are we achieving > the purpose, or are we just giving up revenue?
> "I was surprised. When you look at the list… I asked for the full list of > all the waivers we've given from the Customs, FIRS, especially in those two > areas.
> "A lot of government departments are asking, a lot of state governments are > asking for these waivers. Then some private sector parties, (you know). > > "And even churches! Some people will say churches?, Yes! Churches can get > waivers but when you see the amount of money involved, you then ask, what is > a church doing with such kind of money?.
> "A state government, I mean, somebody is organizing some game, and he gets a > waiver to import 600 motor cars. What do you need 600 or 800 motors vehicles > for? I mean, there is serious abuse in this area that has to be stopped ! "
>
> It is therefore unfair and unjust of you to willfully label the Honourable > Minister, by levying such grave allegations against his good person, > reputation and track record.
> As you can now see, nowhere was the importation of 600 vehicles linked to > any church in the Honourable Minister's speech, to warrant your deliberate > and unkind misrepresentation of his person.
> In summary therefore, the Honourable Minister only expressed general > reservation over inappropriate issuance of tax waivers to various levels of > governments, agencies and non-corporates such as faith-based organizations –> because of the massive loss of revenue involved, and the continued> implication of this to our nation.
>
> Further to the above, and to prove the point made by the Honourable > Minister, I enclose the relevant, unedited portion of the press conference > in question for your guidance. > And as a proof of his concern over the possible abuse to which they can be > deployed, find attached, two samples of such import waiver details, > variously granted to the … (church name withheld by us), the colossal amount > involved, items imported and revenue implication to the nation.
>
> Now that you have been adequately availed of facts of the matter, I have no > doubt that as a man of God, you will take necessary measures to correct your > misrepresentation of the Honourable Minister, especially in the eyes of your
> members – whom you said had inundated your office with requests for > clarification on the subject matter as contained in your letter under > reference."
>
> According to the aides of the minister, the ministry had no reason to > believe that the above letter, which was also copied to the president of > CAN, had not got to the National Secretary as at the time he granted the > said interview.
>
> DAPO wrote:
> Thank you for your respoonse.I am sure if the authors (or any other > parties with valid info) are looking for an official response from > RCCG, they know how to contact the church. > I will suggest that the documents supporting these allegations should > also be made available.
>
> On 11/21/07, Segun wrote:
> > Thank you Sir. Can I take this as an official denial by the Church so > > as to circulate it with your address?
> >
> >
> > DAPO wrote:
> > Pointblank News,
> >
> > Your recent article on RCCG represent an attempt to put stain on the > > "scandal-free images" of these true men of God.
> > It represent "junk journalism" with no facts; the contents are > > unfounded and are unsubstantiated allegations that merely create false > > cloud and reflect negative intents.
> >
> > In the book of Matthew 16:18, the Bible tells us that "And I tell you > > that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the > > gates of Hades will not overcome it."
> >
> > The Lord that we serve is a faithful God; Daddy G.O and Pastor Ghandi > > are God fearing people and will not be involved in any scandal.
> >
> > Dapo
> > On 11/21/07, Segunwrote:

> > Extracted from http://www.pointblanknews.com/
> >
> The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian > Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye > has been linked to a scandalous import duty waiver > said to have cost Nigeria a whooping N20 Billion in > revenue loss between 2006 and 2007.
>
> A Fiscal Commission source in Abuja preferring > anonymity told Pointblanknews.com during the week > that pastor Adeboye, tapping into his well-known > ties with former President Olusegun Obasanjo > benefited from the shady import duty waiver in which > Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Chief Mike Adenuga, Alhaji > Saminu Turaki, Mr. Donald Duke and others were prime beneficiaries.
>
> According to the impeccable source, the duty waiver > granted Adeboye was said to have been used > “dishonestly” by the church to import luxury Sport > Utility Van, SUV (usually called Jeep in Nigeria), > building materials and Digital Recording equipment > some of which were said to belong to top members of > the church both within Nigeria and abroad. In other
> words, the source surmised that Adeboye used his > high level connections to “aid and abate” his church > members to defraud the nation by not paying the > requisite importation fees.
>
> The source said that many of the RCCG’s faithful in > Nigeria and abroad had celebrated the “unlawful act” > as a “testimony to the goodness of the lord.” It was > said that a Pastor Ghandi of the Jesus House, RCCG > in Washington DC where the late first lady Mrs. > Stella Obasanjo used to worship whenever she was in > the United State, was a facilitator of the deal.
>
> Many of the luxury cars that were said to have been > imported through the deal were not meant for private > use. They were said to have been sold at several car > dealerships across the country. The source explained > to pointblanknews.com that even if the items were > not traded, it was unheard of that “people would > import duty-free luxury items into any country.” > The official did not rule out the possibility of a > thorough investigation of the deal which he said > could make Adeboye to pay and possibly face charges.
>
>
> A document made available to pointblanknews.com > indicated that in 2006, RCCG got an import waiver of N9,831,109,309.00 through certificate > no.,BO/REV/12235/S.2/T.133 to import construction > materials; generators and vehicles. The value of the
> imports was N49,155,546,846.00.
>
> advertisement
>
> In 2007, another import waiver was granted. This > time through a certificate number> BO/R10260/V111/161, RCCG was granted rights to > import building/construction materials with value> put at N48,988,454,876.00 with a total waiver of
> N9,757,690.975.20. The two waivers total > N19,588,800,284,20, while the bulk transactions amount to N98,144,347,130.20.
>
> Also 300 luxury cars with value put at $6,923,000, > 100 Jeeps (SUV) valued at $8,000,000, Video > Equipment valued at $12,000,000.00, were all part of > the shady import deals.
>
> It would be recalled that the comptroller General of > Nigerian Customs Services, Mr. Jacob Gyang Buba had > been investigated by the independent Corrupt > Practices Commission, ICPC in connection with an > annual loss of N50 Billion in respect of the > importation tariff waiver introduced by the > Government of President Olusegun Obasanjo.
>
> The spiritual depth of some practices of the RCCG > has been subject of concern amongst growing > conservative Christian worshippers. Adeboye is often > criticized for being interested in quantity and not > quality. He is said to have broken his church to > model parishes were prosperity theology is often > preached. The other class of followership is usually > called Redeemed Classical. They are more mortified > and often completely scriptural. Apart from > Adeboye’s too cozy with the high and mighty elite, > he was said to have given tacit blessing to > ex-president Obasanjo’s third-term Presidential > dream that was truncated with sudden humiliation.
> ===========
> P.S.: If you know of any fact-based riposte, > response or denial from the church, please share > with me so I can also forward it.
> Meanwhile this story, IF true, shows further why > the growth of religious organisations in Nigeria has > only resulted in societal and infrastructural decay, > moreso when the immediate past president was given a> certificate of Excellence by the Christian > Association of Nigeria (i.e. in the name/on behalf > of all Nigerian Xtians) before leaving office in > May. Basically, someone decided that it was better > to rob 140m Peters (Nigerians) to pay a few Pauls. > It is difficult to imagine that OUR collective > interest is better served by refusing to receive > import duties to improve health, education or > repair/maintain roads that could minimise fatal > accidents, roadside armed robberies and even help > prolong the lives of these luxury cars while > increasing the comfort of the occupants. > Alternatively, it could have reduced > pensioners/civil servants' arrears thus alleviating > their poverty and creating employment through its > greater multiplier effect. But then how will a very > few people have > MORE luxury, MORE opulence and MORE ostentatious > display of wealth (God's blessings?)
>
> * Render therefore unto Caesar > (govt/society/community) the things (taxes/import > duties/respect for law & order etc) which are > Caesar's; and (then/therafter only) unto God the > things that are God's.
>
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2007
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so long undecided
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by hbrednic: 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2007
all hail (hell) amani wearing men of gosh cool cool cool
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by redsun(m): 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2007
I have attended pastor ghandi's church service a couple of times in silver spring maryland,u.s.a,at the end of the 20th century,he is one sharp smooth talking manipulator,i have no doubt he will be involve in any kind of scam to defraud the nation,to them,it is a miracle,but to the common man,it is a curse.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by ishmael(m): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2007
Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm; says the Lord.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by mazaje(m): 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2007
ishmael:

Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm; says the Lord.

That's the line they stupid thieves always invoke when ever they want or need people's money. See people open your eyes the only thing that can make nigeria and nigerians great is when we take the bull by the horn and make our leaders and our selves accountable for everything that we do, anything that man wants or needs to do must be done by man himself do not be decieved. China has an athiest government yet it is recording an unpresdented economic and social properity, most of these europen countries are athiest yet they have most of what they want and need in life, they have very high disposable income, they live far longer than us and they live in a very very safe environment compared to us the God loving, bible and koran loving muderfuckers, who instead of doing what is right and helping our selves out of the present mess we put our selves in due to our stupidity, selfishness and  greed only prefer to go and give the very little we have to the pastors and imams all in the name of hoping to prosper or reaping a thousand fold.The question we need to ask is this, where the pastors responsible for the current situation we find our selves in? The answer is NO the people responsible are our leaders both past and present so how can the pastors help us out since they were'nt the ones that got us in and don't also have what it takes to really make us better? the key to our collective development lies not in any sweet talking and lying pastor or the bible that he holds in his hand but in us. only we can make the difference just the way other countries that don't believe in any god or gods have made the difference.

"sow a very quality offering unto the lord" is all you hear once its offering time in most churches, "God does not want your dirty 50 naira he does'nt need your dirty 100 naira, God deserves all the best you can give him so i urge you all to sow a very quality offering onto the lord and the seed you sow shall multiply a thousand fold" is all you hear them say in almost all the churches in nigeria and when people start to raise their eye brows because they have offered continiously and nothing has changed in their lives they invoke that shameless line of their's of not touching the lords anionting and doing his prophets no harm. FOOLS.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Reverend(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2007
God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World

That saying proves without doubt that God does not exist grin grin grin grin
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by AIMAEZUE: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2007
wow dats great we all hope our great nation would work towards dat achievement.n hoping no vices would hinder such attainment.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by dot2002(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2007
Thank God some sane people still wanting to better Nigeria are still there however small our number might be. At least our type won't bother praying for obasanjo, we won't bother going to visit in aso-rock all in the name of GOD. Anyway why do i need to fear any man anointed or otherwise when at the end of the day we are equally born of a woman fukked by a man, man of God or no man of God.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Orikinla(m): 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2007
I have to comment again, because I continue to  notice the ignorance of many posters.

If a 7 year old Nigerian child says, Nigeria will be the greatest nation on earth, I will believe the word and take up the challenge of nation building of a New Nigeria with the vision of making our great country the greatest nation on earth.

That does not mean we should not say the bitter truth as well.

There is destruction of the bad structure before the construction of a new structure.

I did not agree, because Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye said so.
Every Nigerian should believe and work to make Nigeria the greatest nation on earth.

Most people here comparing Nigeria to America have little or no knowledge of the history of America.

America went through the Great Depression in the 1930s, and then started the restoration of the American Dream that made Americans to achieve great things with awesome inventions and other wonders in the Arts and Sceince and Technology to make America the greatest nation on earth today.

Our faith is our strength.

If you do not believe, you cannot achieve.

The picture I posted to illustrate my last post is inspired by the rhema of God.

The heavens are the Lord's; but the earth he has given to the children of men.
~ Psalm 115:16

Your seed will determine your harvest.

You must also know the fertile soil to sow your seed, so that your seed would germinate and you have to cultivate it to reap the harvest.

Your faith will determine your strength to survive and subdue the earth.

The problem with most Nigerians is the Word.
Nigerians do not read.

Please, do not misunderstand when we say Nigerians do no read.
What we mean is, most Nigerians do not read books for their intellectual and technological development.

Nigerians read to acquire the qualifications to get the jobs to acquire the status symbols of the Social hierarchy for mere titles and such titles can never lift up Nigeria to become a great Nigeria.

Earning a seven-digit salary will never make Nigeria a great nation.

Bill Gates did no pursue a seven-digit-salary.
Michael Dell did not and the Google whiz-kids did not.

Google was launched in 1998 and Google is larger and richer than all the Dangotes, Otedolas, Ovias and other government contractors and jobbers.

Google did not do illegal oil bunkering or over-invoicing of contracts to make billions of dollars.

Name any of the so called Nigerian tycoons who did not use sharp practices to loot the treasury directly or indirectly by proxies?

Check the boards of directors of the biggest banks in Nigeria and I will tell you that none of them is innocent.

The few Nigerians who have oil blocks in the Niger Delta, how did they get them?

How many Indigènes of the oil producing states have oil blocks?
Those who have stolen our oil blocks are not from the Niger Delta.

They just returned over 40 oil wells to Abia State?

Simple English.

Nigeria will be ,

Awon da?
Won ni Logo?
Is Yoruba rhetoric.
Show me your logo is a figure of speech
Show me what you can do to make Nigeria greater.

Comprehendo?   grin
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by miquest: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2007
as for seun writing a long statement that doesn't even sound true and the rest of u talking thrash, i think you should put your house in order, even the bible says that poverty is not of God, so if this pastors are getting rich because of the gifts been giving to them by their members or people for the good things that have been happening in their lives it is no one's business and if God says Nigeria would be great, who are you a common man to talk. and now some fools are asking if God is a Nigerian that would want Nigeria to be Great, well as i said only a fool would ask such. the bible still says it my people perich for lack of knowledge, so my dear people talking blasphemy from your mouths, i believe u know not what u are talking about. and if your parents raised u well in a christain way. you would know better.
didn't the bible ask u to pay ur tithes?
i know as much as u know that the bible is Gods word
if you doubt that then u are sick in your head.
most people talking thrash are in the U.S or U.K or outsid The great Nation Nigeria, I wish u people stay there so as not to incure the wrath of God on Nigeria as it has been in The U.S or U.K
You think Natural disasters are normal.
Nigeria is a loving country and we know that, the pastors are our mouth piece even the imams of the mosque,
we are a religious nation and we love it if the pastors are getting rich let them get rich
pray harder and your turn will come,

See BAD BELLE PEOPLE O
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2007
If there is in fact a place called hell that awaits all sinners after they die, then the hottest part of that holiday destination will no doubt be reserved for those that use the name of any god to trick people into paying out money, which is precisely what Arch Dickon Adeboye and his ilk do for a living in Nigeria.

If Nigeria does eventually rise to economic greatness it will have done so in spite of bible-thumping snake-oil salesmen like Adeboye, and not because of them, for their activities constitute impediments to development rather that inspirations for positive change, since all those miracle pastors really have to offer is fake hope in exchange for cash.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by mazaje(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2007
 You think Natural disasters are normal

Do you think that poverty is not a natural disaster? open your eyes and see the real world. stop deluding your self
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by willy4: 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2007
na.com:

Kei!!1
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by willy4: 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2007
mazaje:

Do you think that poverty is not a natural disaster? open your eyes and see the real world. stop deluding your self
poverty nay dey worst disaster,
poverty don make Nigerians dey confused. nay wah o.
where all this prophet dey come, all nay Yoruba Yoruba Prophet!!,
Una don forget JESUS OF OYINGBO nay Yoruba too. Prophet GURU nay Yoruba.
Nay only God go save us from them.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by birdman(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2007
Jakumo:

If Nigeria does eventually rise to economic greatness it will have done so in spite of bible-thumping snake-oil salesmen like Adeboye, and not because of them, for their activities constitute impediments to development rather that inspirations for positive change,

I agree with this part of your statement. However, I dont think there is a need for personal insults. Calling people names does not help your point, it just tunes people out and makes your argument useless.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2007
Anyone whose church traffic obstructs the main economic artery of Nigeria- the Lagos Expressway, such that the normal travel time on that road increases from one to 5 hours, deserves to be called names in my humble opinion, sir, since quite a few folks have lost their lives in robberies or accidents caused DIRECTLY by the stampede of punters swarming across all lanes of the expressway to hand Adeboye their salaries on the last Friday of every month.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by dot2002(m): 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2007
jakumo! you said enough, don't worry your anointed brain again at least anyone with common sense will tease out what you have been saying. ''ta ba n guyan ninu ewe, ta n se be ninu eepo epa eni a yo a kuku yo!''
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by tarezulu(m): 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2007
most christians prefer to criticize every detail about their physical status, but when it comes to religion they prefer to let others do the thinking.
If it was a question of how much money or every day hassles we want to get the minutest detail, but when it comes to these churches and their roles in our lives we hear the word blasphemy and we shut up. What if he said naija will neva be great does it mean that no matter what we do it will all be a wasteof time?
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2007
Unfortunately the poster posted an issue with many undertones, and rather than address the issue the undertones seems to be much popular. Based on this fact I would respond to both sides.
THE ISSUE
It's no longer a debate whether Nigeria will be great or not. Nigeria will be great. When a man of God confirms that I think every reasonable person irrespective of their religious bias should agree with the fact of Nigeria's greatness and not necessarily of how it was said. However if the Pastor says "GOd said" it's not the responsibility of any man to question it. In academics we call that reference. Since a refrence is made to God then it is most primitive and babaric of anyone to start raising eyebrows. Please let's learn to behave well, we need that for national growth.
UNDERTONE
Unfortunately a few second class citizens of other countries (just like I am presently) are carried away by what they are seeing overseas. I was in London last week and Gordon Brown in a TV message to FOL said " we recognise the impact of the black church in Britain, and our government is working in partnership with the church, , some of the pastors I have consulted are seated here , "  "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" - bible. For those of you who think nations are turning against God and prospering in everything you are in the corridor of ignorance and may soon enter the house of insanity. When Russia felt it has become so powerful an doesn't need God, the US took her position. When Germany felt she had arrived , then her strenght became history. only a fool says there is no GOd (bible). I don't care which country you are, staying there doesn't make u a beter person and better than those in Nigeria. In fact contributing to condemn Pastors and everyother things of which you have little knowledge about could bring curse on you. If you think God does not exist I can tell you he does. I live in the UK today because God brought me here. And who did he use? The British government. Iam paid for coming over. I was paid for leaving Nigeria and everthing I need the govt provides. I am thinking of going back home once my contract is over because I am pratically contributing to the development of the United Kingdom and I could do the same at home. There are appeals to extend my contract but I would rather go back to Ngeria if there is a measurable offer.
Finland, USA or wherever does not have better citizens than Nigeria. In fact these countries encourage some of us who have the brain to come and stay in their land.
The conclusion of the matter is that NIgeria will be great and if you don't ever imagine that when it' s great you may not be alive to witnesss it (not a curse). For those who believe in a new(great ) Nigeria let's all work hard for greatnesss.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God / Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.