Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye (15411 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Buhari Can’t Take Us To Promise Land, Nigeria Will Break Up / Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by adeboo(f): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2007
I believe in God the Father Almighty. Even God himself siad in his word that there are wolves amongst us in sheep's clothing.
Even God said in his word that if a prophet prophesies and it doesn't come to pass, then He definately didnt send that prophet.
There are also prophesies that are or the future and not the immediate present.

Nigeria being great is down to us - we have to be willing to make the effort. The prayer we should pray is that God will remove all the hinderances in the way e.g 'Fat Cat' politicians etc.

Nigeria is loaded with all the qualities it needs to be a great nation but we are just using it for personal gains.

@Seguno2- you are so correct. I love God and everything about him but like you said some people actually worship men of God than God himself. Pastor Adeboye is alright with me by the grace of God but sometimes we call everybody 'men of God' when God himself didnt even send them.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Chigotex(f): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2007
Prophecies are real BUT there er false ones. I think what we should do on this forum as citizen who have the interest of their beloved country at hear is SAY A BIG AMEN to that wonderful prophecy and work individually and collectivelly in our little ways to make it realized.

As somebody quoted what happened in the book of Kings, after the prophecy came, it was the lapers God used to actualise it by giving them the wisdom to take the decision to go to the enemies camp. And the Bible says, as the army of the syrians heard their footsteps, it sounded like those of chariots and they fled.

God can even use those of u outside this country to actualize this prophecy. As much as every hand should be on the deck to make this country great, You in UK, USA, Canada etc, dont stay there and continue to point accussing fingers enjoying the fruits in another mans land, THINK OF WHAT U WILL DO TO MAKE THIS COUNTRY GREAT SO THAT U CAN COME BACK HOME AND PEOPLE FROM THOSE PLACES WILL EQAULLY COME TO LEAVE IN NIGERIA.

God bless us!
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by texazzpete(m): 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2007
Deluded people here are shouting Blasphemy here not knowing that it is they who flirt with blasphemy by subconsciously attributing the reverence designed for God to their pastors.

Nigerians have a long history of 'men of God' delivering false prophecies.

Just for the Record. . .TB Joshua's people see him as a 'man of God'. Rev. King'sflock will probably accuse you all of blasphemy too.
When the PFN was calling Joshua an occultist, how many of y'all started admonishing them for 'blaspheming against the word of God'?
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by TerrySoft(m): 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2007
hmmmmmmmmm!!!!

It's almost impossible to own a PayPal Account as a Nigerian in Nigeria and we are talking about being the greatest nation in the world.

Let's keep dreaming and it may come true, i don't doubt the prophet anyway!
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by joney360(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2007
it's not in my interest to doubt prophesy. I thing we can do is not to lose hope in nigeria. we don't a prohect to tell us nigeria will be great. we can do our best in our own small way.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by denex: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2007
When a pastor comes out and tells Nigerians that if they work twice as hard as the Chinese, Nigeria will become the greatest country in the world, I will have no problem with that.

Not that some demented psycho will just start spitting random vibes and people will want me to accept that. It's absolute rubbish.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by mazaje(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2007
denex:

When a pastor comes out and tells Nigerians that if they work twice as hard as the Chinese, Nigeria will become the greatest country in the world, I will have no problem with that.

Not that some demented psycho will just start spitting random vibes and people will want me to accept that. It's absolute rubbish.

That's why i aforementioned that i disagree with the premise on which this statement was decleared, if the pastor had said Nigerians should work hard, renounce corruption and try to be diligent in all what they do and Nigerian will become the greatest nation on earth than i will have no problem with his declearation, but telling people as he and his cohorts have been doing for so long that they recieved an urgent call from God telling them that Nigeria will become the greatest nation on earth is stupid and meaningless.

we all know what happens after such declarations are made, " will some one shout hallelujah and give a quality offering unto the lord if he really believes what God has told me to tell you this morning about Nigeria becoming the greatest nation on earth"  then you will see the members of the congregation trooping out and donating their hard earned money just because a they have been beguiled by a man that claims to be from God.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by SSK8BOARDG(m): 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ yanga rat u funny gan no be small,u wan make those people send something to me.,why u come dey add salt and pepper.anyway sha make we dey siddon look o, and wait maybe na for ps2 naija wan take be the best country in the world,this people dont love God ,u feel say if 9jas na better country people go dey church.na desperation cause am, there was one pepper seller near my house when i dey ife,she go go mountain leave the thing wey she dey sell go find deliverance,these so called men of God no dey preach salvation, oyedepo use church money build convenant how many poor church memebers pikin dey there ,mean while him sons dey yankee dey flex.this life sef na only God get the final say.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2007
another pointless argument and colossal waste of time
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by yinkkol(f): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2007
This is just to advise you to stop insulting and using bad language for vessels of the most high God,a word is enough for the wise,Nigeria is still in existence today because of the prayers of men who are after God's heart like Pastor Enouch Adejare Adeboye ,dont incure the wrath of God upon yourself and your entire generation through your tongue, remember that life and death are in the power of the tongue,and ask God to forgive you for the piece you wrote about this man of God.Lets continue to ask God to have mercy on us as a nation and fulfil this prophecy for our country.Do away with your unbelieve because whether you believe it or not God is taking our country Nigeria to higher levels, and i pray it shall be well with you as you obey in Jesus name.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Teetams: 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2007
For those of you who are criticizing men of God up and down,Iam absoiutely sorry for you.All the trash you have said have the capacity to make God angry with all of you.Begin to cry for forgiveness because you have,without mincing words incurred God's wrath upon yourselves, Remember Psalm 105:15, Touch NOT My anointed and do my prophets no harm, As for me,Pastor Adeboye is a true man of God and his prophecies are from God Almighty.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2007
yinkkol:

Nigeria is still in existence today because of the prayers of men who are after God's heart like Pastor Enouch Adejare Adeboye

Yinkool the above statement is the bigest crock of chit that I've seen served up in a good while.   Let me help you salvage some meaning out of your incoherent babbling by adding that Nigeria's reputation as a den of thieves owes a lot to uber con-men like Pastor Eunuch Adeboye, who trick people out of their salaries in the name of God.

If your man-god is as all-powerful as you imagine him to be, then for sure skeptics like me must be LONG overdue for a punitive lightning bolt or two.   I'll be standing by for that with baited breath, after which I may well go ahead and become another sheep in the pastors flock, all bright eyed and ready for fleecing.

Teetams:

For those of you who are criticizing men of God up and down,Iam absoiutely sorry for you.All the trash you have said have the capacity to make God angry with all of you.Begin to cry for forgiveness because you have,without mincing words incurred God's wrath upon yourselves, Remember Psalm 105:15, Touch NOT My member and do ranting prophets no harm, As for me,Pastor Adeboye is a true self-servicer and his prophecies would amuse God Almighty, if there really is one.

Teetams please do feel free to quote obscure passages from the bible until you are blue in the face.  It is all greek to me, but since you probably impress yourself more with each irrelevant passage you recite, you just knock yourself out and go hog wild with that holy book.  Who knows, with a lot of luck, Pastor Eunuch might offer you a job in his sheep-fleecing warehouses so you can get PAID for your fire-and-brimstone zeal, rather than waste your obvious talents preaching to internet infidels who rile you up for sport.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by almondjoy(f): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2007
Jakumo:

Teetams please feel free to quote obscure passages from the bible until you are blue in the face.

It is all greek to me,

but since you probably impress yourself more with each irrelevant passage you recite, you just knock yourself out and go hog wild with that holy book. Who knows, with a lot of luck, Pastor Eunuch might offer you a job in his sheep-fleecing warehouses so you can get PAID for your fire-and-brimstone zeal, rather than waste your obvious talents preaching to internet infidels who rile you up for sport.

he he he he he he he he he he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Alonu(m): 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2007
[color=#990000][/color] shocked MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS. I QUITE UNDERSTAND THAT ALL THOSE WHO HAVE OPPOSED THE PROPHECY OF PASTOR ADEBOYE ARE REALLY THE UNLUCKY NIGERIANS WHO WOULD NOT WANT TO INVOLVE THEMSELVES IN THE POLITICS OF NIGERIA,BUT WOULD PREFER TO SIT IN THE COMFORT OF THEIR HOMES AND CONTINOUSLY CRITICISE THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WRONGLY ELECTED INTO OFFICE. MY ADVICE FOR YOU ALL WHO HAVE SAID NEGATIVE THINGS IS THAT YOU SHOULD ALL BE MINDFUL OF WHAT YOU UTTER ABOUT MEN OF GOD. YES I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THERE ARE SOME FAKE ASTORS BUT YOU SHOULD NOT GENERALIZE. ITS JUST LIKE YOU WALKING DOWN A STREET AND SEEING 100 FEMALE PROSTITUTES, AND YOU FOOLISHLY CONCLUDE THAT ALL FEMALES ARE PROSTITUTES. NO MATA HOW LONG IT TAKES, PASTOR ADEBOYE'S PROPHECY WOULD SURELY COME TO PASS. I WANT TO BE QUOTED FOR SAYING THIS BECAUSE THOSE WHO ARE DOUBTING HIS PROPHECY MIGHT NOT LIVE TO SEE IT COME TO PASS. ITS OBVIOUS I AM A FAN OF PASTOR ADEBOYE, YES I AM NOT ONLY A FAN, I AM ALSO ONE OF HIS PERSONAL BODY GUARDS AND I HAVE ENJOYED MULTIPLE BLESSINGS FROM GOD SINCE I GOT TO KNOW THIS GREAT MAN. WHY DONT YOU GO AND RESEARCH ABOUT HIM AND SEE HOW GOD HAS RAISED HIM FROM ZERO TO HERO. AT THE END OF EVRY YEAR THIS GREAT MAN PROPHECIES ABOUT THE COMING YEAR AND NO YEAR HAS COME THAT ANY OF HIS PROPHECIES DID NOT COME TO PASS. GOD BLESS US ALL AND LET US JOIN HANDS TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS NATION A BETTER PLACE.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by jerrymania(m): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2007
Alonu:

[color=#990000][/color] shocked MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS. I QUITE UNDERSTAND THAT ALL THOSE WHO HAVE OPPOSED THE PROPHECY OF PASTOR ADEBOYE ARE REALLY THE UNLUCKY NIGERIANS WHO WOULD NOT WANT TO INVOLVE THEMSELVES IN THE POLITICS OF NIGERIA,BUT WOULD PREFER TO SIT IN THE COMFORT OF THEIR HOMES AND CONTINOUSLY CRITICISE THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WRONGLY ELECTED INTO OFFICE. MY ADVICE FOR YOU ALL WHO HAVE SAID NEGATIVE THINGS IS THAT YOU SHOULD ALL BE MINDFUL OF WHAT YOU UTTER ABOUT MEN OF GOD. YES I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THERE ARE SOME FAKE ASTORS BUT YOU SHOULD NOT GENERALIZE. ITS JUST LIKE YOU WALKING DOWN A STREET AND SEEING 100 FEMALE PROSTITUTES, AND YOU FOOLISHLY CONCLUDE THAT ALL FEMALES ARE PROSTITUTES. NO MATA HOW LONG IT TAKES, PASTOR ADEBOYE'S PROPHECY WOULD SURELY COME TO PASS. I WANT TO BE QUOTED FOR SAYING THIS BECAUSE THOSE WHO ARE DOUBTING HIS PROPHECY MIGHT NOT LIVE TO SEE IT COME TO PASS. ITS OBVIOUS I AM A FAN OF PASTOR ADEBOYE, YES I AM NOT ONLY A FAN, I AM ALSO ONE OF HIS PERSONAL BODY GUARDS AND I HAVE ENJOYED MULTIPLE BLESSINGS FROM GOD SINCE I GOT TO KNOW THIS GREAT MAN. WHY DONT YOU GO AND RESEARCH ABOUT HIM AND SEE HOW GOD HAS RAISED HIM FROM ZERO TO HERO. AT THE END OF EVRY YEAR THIS GREAT MAN PROPHECIES ABOUT THE COMING YEAR AND NO YEAR HAS COME THAT ANY OF HIS PROPHECIES DID NOT COME TO PASS. GOD BLESS US ALL AND LET US JOIN HANDS TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS NATION A BETTER PLACE.

*hisses*
Total rubbish. yes open ur yansh and praise him since he feeds you.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by almondjoy(f): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2007
jerrymania:

*hisses*
Total rubbish. yes open your yansh and praise him since he feeds you.

he he he he he he he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

I like the sound of this "deeper yansh praise worship oh"! cheesy I have been trying to learn how to clap with my 'butt cheeks" for ages with no success. I guess I have to have more fart--excuse me faith I mean! grin
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by bombay: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2007
Nigeria's problem stems from this so called religious crap.
Work hard and do what is right and forget all this so called prophesies.
They collect your hard earned money every week and they tell you what you want to hear.
Nigerians are very stupid they don't want to work but they want miracle to happen over night.
How long have they been say all this and you guys still belive them.
A word is enough for the wise.

Religion is a tool for mind control and oppression.

Nigerians should open there eyes and see who is actually against them.

If you open a church today i gurantee you next thing people will see is that you are driving the latest model of car while your flock are in abject poverty.

Na who wise pass you or the pastor.

Who be the mugu you or the pastor.

Religion is a scam of the highest order.

If not for religion nigeria would have progressed further than it is today.

They use religion to blind our eyes.

Shine your eye.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
With due apologies to guitar great Eric Clapton for plagiarising a few words of his, I humbly submit this composition that is inspired by that living legend, Pastor Eunuch.  This song naturally must be delivered in a gravely voice and played in standard 12-bar blues format, punctuated with a few tastefully understated guitar breaks.

Went down to Redeemed Camp
Half my paycheck in hand
Last Friday of the month, y'all
And Pastor Eunuch don't like to wait

Come and see me early in the morning
Just about the break of day
Do you want to see me hug my bible ?
Where all my money used to lay

Pastor Eunuch be chattin' with Jesus
Anytime that he choose
He got God's cell and email
An' Lord His blackberry too

But all that chattin' gon' cost us some money
Since God and Jesus time ain't free
So why don't you just hand it all to Pastor Eunuch ?
The more you sow, the more he reaps, oh yeah

Pastor Eunuch got him a Learjet
And some Ferrari too   
Got mansions in Europe
So thank God we got more to give

Come and see me early in the morning
When vigil prayers done broke me down
Do you want to see me hug my bible ?
Where my grocery budget used to lay.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by almondjoy(f): 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2007
He he he he he he he he he he! grin

I hope he lives by his name and remains a "Eunuch" for life ooooooooooooooooooooh! He can carry out his ministerial activities best that way.

Nice song Jakumo!
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by xplodenow(m): 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2007
Pastor Adeboye is known all ove the world as a true man of God, even the devil knows. All his prophecies have come true, but if u know of any prophecy thatt pastor adeboye said and did not come to pass, give us the evidence pls.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by EmekaNaija(m): 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2007
No need for the arguments. G.O Adeboye, i believe, spoke for himself and i believe he spoke out of patriotism. It is left to us to watch out and see if the prophesy turns out true or not. Who i'm i to argue whether its true or not when God didnt tell me anything.

My only comments is this:
My bible tells me that when the righteous is in power, the people rejoice but when the wicked are in power, the people suffer. Obasanjo is a wicked ruler. His puppet has no choice than to be wicked afterall Obasanjo is ruling from Otta.
I believe every prophesy has a condition attached to it. I believe Nigeria can be the greatest, but there must be unity first. A house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand. Nigeria cannot be great until some evils of the past is corrected. How can Nigeria become great when evil men like Gowon,Obasanjo and Danjuma, who commited genocide agaisnt unarmed citizens in Biafra, Zaki Ibiam and Odi, are still free men. The innocent blood still crying for vengeance for the genocides commited in Nigeria. The civil war, religious murders in the North. Injustice in the Delta, corruption in high places. No electricity and security.

It is only when we have achieved unity, justice, fairness, equality and such that we should begin to think of being great.

Today, the Nigerian stock market is on a frenzy. Banks now go to the capital market raising funds and building castles in the air. Declaring huge profits with no evidence of real economic growth on ground-no micro industries being created. The crash would surely exceed the mortgage crash here in the US.

For those dreaming of Nigeria's greatness, dream on, while Europe is consolidating the success of the EU with their new constitution, we are still hoping to be great.

Finally, a day in God's eyes means 1000 years in our eyes. Thats food for thought,
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by toshmann(m): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2007
nigeria. . . . . we hail thee

great country with great people.
nigeria has the biggest economy in. . . . . undecided . . . . . . . in . . . . undecided . . . . . . in where undecided . . . . . . hmmmmn. . . . yeah. . . . in nigeria cheesy

justice reigns supreme in nigeria. . . . just that injustice has refused to end
peace and progress. . . yeah. . . from the elections to the religious riots. . . . cheesy

anti corruption is on fire. . . . hallelujah ribadu . . . .where's igbinedion/odili . . . IBB?

NIGERIA wiil be the greatest nation on earth. . . good to be positive, better to be realistic cool
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by EmekaNaija(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2007
Wow here we go again. First of all only let me start by saying; only lazy people believe in miracles, people who are too lazy to work. Those are the people who will rather pray because it is more convenient and easy to pray than actually go out and make things happen.

@Hilli666

I disagree with you. I am hardworking yet i believe in miracles because i have seen it happen.

But on the prophecy issue: God says we should examine every prophesy to see if it is from him. Believing a prophesy or not does not affect whether it happens or not. What i tell Nigerians that care to listen is face your business, do the best you can and never put trust in these gang of men called our government. Never put trust in man even if he is a pastor, trust only God.

The more i look at Nigeria's case, the more i doubt Adeboye's statements. Is this not the same man that supported Obasanjo's 3rd term only to tell us after the elections that he told Obasanjo not to seek 3rd term? Is this not Adeboye that could have openly rebuked Obasanjo in redeemed camp yet he did nothing. Silence, atimes, could be as dangerous as falsehood.

For those religious fanatics threatening those who disagree with Adeboye with fear: Do not threaten people. Do not fight for God or his men, God can fight for himself if the need arises. This was shown in Elija vs the prophets of Baal.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 15, 2007
hmnn, interesting grin
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by KollyJay(m): 11:41am On Dec 15, 2007
angry   shocked.

Yeah,  U may be think why am i shock to read all these u guys re saying in this thread. Look, Let me give u an advice as a fellow country man, Dont joining them in critizinging any man of God or his prophescy. Its the most dangerous thing on earth. As its can bring about your death the following morning. Remeber the story of that Chief who did not believe Elisha when he prophesied that there will be surplus the next day. The chief actually died.

I dont know why anybody will have to critizies this man of God. But i think its probably u ve never been to the Redemption city, aka camp ground an see 4 urself. If you do, I know your songs we change.

Leave him alone and dont ever talk this way to a man of God again. This is all the money I have to borrow you 4 now. Remeber, the God this man is serving can do anything to anybody anywhere. Keep ur mouth shut ii ooooooooooooooo lipsrsealed tongue U tongue will not kill u o,
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2007
Kolly Jay that fatwa you have passed is truly quite endearing, and you must feel much better having taken your best shot at the infidels, impotent though it may be.

Now don't you think it is about time you got back on your knees to pray your wishes come true, and hey, while you are down there, Pastor Eunuch might have somewhere you can attach those chicken lips of yours.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2007
Jakumo:

Kolly Jay that fatwa you have passed is truly quite endearing, and you must feel much better having taken your best shot at the infidels, impotent though it may be.

Now don't you think it is about time you got back on your knees to pray your wishes come true, and hey, while you are down there, Pastor Eunuch might have somewhere you can attach those chicken lips of yours.

Na wa for you  grin grin grin 

Am beginning to think you have a private axe to grind with this 'Pastor Eunuch'. give the man a break; he's just doing a job like everyone else
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2007
Yeah you are right Zid, I ought to go a little easier on the good pastor, since like armed robbers, 419 practitioners, area boys and corrupt policemen, the jolly shepherd is only doing what he knows best - relieving folks of their money.

Like a pit bull on steroids, I just don't know when to stop an attack. Maybe it has something to do with the way all those cars visiting the pastor's sheep-fleecing warehouse have repeatedly blocked the most important highway in Nigeria every month for YEARS ON END, while armed robbers only block that same road once in a while and for much shorter periods of time.

I have no beef with any religion that does not impede the lives of others by blocking FEDERAL HIGHWAYS, but Pastor Eunuch's racket does NOT fall into any of those benign categories. In short, Pastor Eunuch's right to swing a fist ends where my nose begins, and until he stops using that public highway as his own private parking lot, he will continue to be reviled by all who have not fallen not under his hypnotic spell.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by folahann(m): 9:16am On Dec 16, 2007
We are still waiting for Nigeria to be the greatest country, thnk God he didn't state the specific time, so we continue to wait
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Aleksys: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2007
God and politics are strange bedfellows. I am sick and tired of men of God going out of their way to meddle in unwholesome business of politics. Come to think of it, many RCCG members may be members of AC while some may be PDP. What will be the fate of these guys if their party is not favored in the man of Gods prophesy? or better still, what will happen if the prophesy of the man of God favors the opponent of his prophesy. Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world or else my father would have sent legions of angels to defend me. Biblical message of living an upright moral and spiritual life should be the sole message of the church and not politics. Politics as it is not only in Nigeria is too divisive and God is not a God of disorder.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by d14christ: 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2007
kissif God said it then i know for sure it would be.I mean when a doctor tells u ugot cancer do u see b4 u
start writing ur will.Bt the doctor knws wt he sees tru his machines, dnt find it had to believe anything is possible.
i believe and yaahall watch out cos the promise is 4 those who believe.
infact some reactions on this forum shows how hopless people are in Nige,Dont u lk good tins.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by EmekaNaija(m): 9:46am On Dec 18, 2007
@Kollyjay

By now, i think everyone who has expressed the natural right of free speech is dead, as you erroneuosly thought. I guess in all your over excitation, you forget that Jesus himself says: Give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and unto God what is God's. Nigeria's case, as agaisnt Adeboye's stance, is a case of giving unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. It is a case of Nigerian's willing to stage a people oriented revolution agaisnt the infidels and kleptomaniacs n power.

What Nigeria needs are leaders who take responsibility. Pastors like Prophet Nathan, who would look King David in the face and condemn his sins of sleeping with Beer-sheba (Uriah's wife). Not leaders who would dine with King David in his sins and come behind telling us he spoke to hom. Adeboye must apologize to millions of Nigerias for not speaking up to Obasanjo. He must apologize for spiting millions of Nigerians by making his pulpit available for Obasanjo when he (OBJ) was to be avoided as a leper prior to the elections. Instead what does Nigerians get, a remoreselee pastor coming again to tell Nigerians he didnt support 3rd term, yet he couldnt speak against it. Now he changes gear, Nigeria to become the greatest country in the world. Despits CHina's success in the last 3 decades, it would still take China about 100 years to become great. apart from Paul Adefarasin who spoke in church agaisnt 3rd term and corruption, there is no other major Pastor that voiced against it.

I am agaisnt the Prophesy simply on a count: God is not a magician. For every prophesy, there is responsibility attached. When Elijah prophesied about abundance of food, he talked about the sound of rain. The lepers had to do their part. What responsibility has the Man of God taken in ensuring Nigeria becomes the greatest country? What specifics did he task Nigerians with in other to make Nigeria great? Prophesy is different from wishful thinking and MAKING PEOPLE HEAR WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR. Prophesy comes with some responsibility.

Ok, assuming he was right? What time frame does he have for his prophesy? At least Elija said that by this time tomorow, there would be plenty food in Samaria, what time frame for Nigeria to become the greatest?
For those referencing the stock market and bank consolidation as signs that Nigeria is about to be great, i advise you also invest in other countries to minimize the Nigerian risk. If it was said Nigeria would become great in 100 years, thats manageable, but to say Nigeria d=to become the greatest country, with no time frame, that is too ambigous. Well greatness has several dimensions, it is possible that Nigeria can become the greatest oil exporter in few years time. Adeboye and his men in this forum must deem it wise to make their vision plain so that we can atleast understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God / Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.