Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper (11847 Views)

2013 batch B Corps Members Posted To Yobe let's hook up. / A Thread For Copers Posted To YOBE State / Corpers Posted To Yobe And Borno Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by honeric01(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
I Am Not Going To Yobe State

'Well Said" Quote of the Day:

"Our families made sacrifices to get us where we are today. I, for one, cannot go to Yobe State if the President who is the Commander- In-Chief of the Armed Forces does not feel safe to go there; who am I, an ordinary citizen, to go there? The President told the whole nation during the Presidential Media Chat last week that he could not use a helicopter to go to Borno or Yobe states because of security concerns, why do they want to send us there?” ~

Dr. Isaiah (Youth Corper posted to Yobe State)

67 Likes

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by TechRev: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dr Isaiah, if i were you i would go get court injunction or what ever use the court to force NYSC to withdraw your posting to a troubled state. Talk to a lawyer there should be a way out. If na me i no go go oohh!!

3 Likes

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by jmaine: 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Legitimate reasons . .i did say the same if i was in his shoes . . . . .
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by jason123: 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hahaha. . . .who wan die!!! grin grin grin
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by jason123: 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
jmaine: Legitimate reasons . .i did say the same if i was in his shoes . . . . .

You too dey fear BH?? Lailai! My this no my oga Jmaine!
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Ejine(m): 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
jmaine: Legitimate reasons . .i did say the same if i was in his shoes . . . . .

Nobody wan die! grin
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by jmaine: 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
jason123:

You too dey fear BH?? Lailai! My this no my oga Jmaine!

Bros grin , bombs no dey look face tia pesin into shreds cheesy . . . . .

Men still gats trips to catch abeg grin

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by jmaine: 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ejiné:

Nobody wan die! grin

lol, Bros . . . . When men no be suicide bomber grin . . . . .Aspiring boko haram suicide bombers can proceed to Yobe for onward recruitment tongue
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by DisGuy: 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
the Ag. co-ordinator was on tv giving one stuupid process the student should follow

she was actually tell the students to go to the state simply to get redeployment letters!!

Why not process this from your office madam
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by T9ksy(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dis Guy: the Ag. co-ordinator was on tv giving one stuupid process the student should follow

she was actually tell the students to go to the state simply to get redeployment letters!!

Why not process this from your office madam

Wow............that was clever!!!

I wonder why doesn't she suggest going to yobe herself to collect the deployment letters on behalf of the students? grin

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by OAM4J: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
I agree with you and support you Dr Isaiah.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by wowo2: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
as my yoruba friends will say, "o pari"
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by DisGuy: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
T9ksy:

Wow............that was clever!!!

I wonder why doesn't she suggest going to yobe herself to collect the deployment letters on behalf of the students? grin

exactly there are some things these people in authority say that makes you wonder, imagine the minister for education suspending certain courses at uniabuja, 1000s of students in final year some have spent 6-7years; i was actually expecting one of the student to bring out the uzi to spray all of them!!

i think i'd have been done for GBH long time ago
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
honeric01:I Am Not Going To Yobe State

"Our families made sacrifices to get us where we are today. I, for one, cannot go to Yobe State if the President who is the Commander- In-Chief of the Armed Forces does not feel safe to go there; who am I, an ordinary citizen, to go there? The President told the whole nation during the Presidential Media Chat last week that he could not use a helicopter to go to Borno or Yobe states because of security concerns, why do they want to send us there?” ~

Going to Yobe is scary, but I dont think its the President that influences NYSC posting.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by rapmike(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
SIMPLY ASK THEM TO REDEPLOY U PERIOD
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by EmmyBoy2(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
Couldnt have thought of a more compelling reason in support of ur decision not to go to Yobe bro.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Biggyd2: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Please people confirm, just heard over the radio that Corp members should not be sent to crisis prone areas. We need a follow up on this. Corp members have you heard anything?
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by oge4real(f): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billionaire your comprehension is lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
this is the time when we expect the otueke drinkard to flout the constitution and suspend nysc till further notice

now the Arrow and his legion of dunces will be blathering rule of law and due process

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by bizgynbala(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
They said he could rule from anywhere... Which means corpers can serve from anywhere... Kai Gej nd his funny BH infested cabinet....
Doctor stay where you are even though no where is safe in Nigeria.. 6 or 7 years no be beans...

5 Likes

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by maigaskiya1: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
honeric01:I Am Not Going To Yobe State

nysc is a scheme designd 2 favour d north.wit d flemsy excuses gowon gav 4 its esterblishment hs outlivd its importance
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by SisiKill1: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Going to Yobe is scary, but I dont think its the President that influences NYSC posting.

You miss the point. . .of course.

Anyone surprised? Of course not!!!

It is after all the hallmark of a GEJ supporter!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Beaf1: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Going to Yobe is scary, but I dont think its the President that influences NYSC posting.

Do you have difficulty in understanding the guy or is it a support of the R3tardeen that blinded you?

He is not asking the R3tardeen to influence his posting. If the socalled C in C is afraid of Yobe why will NYSC post him there?

4 Likes

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Biggyd2: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
And for the die-hard ones who want to go and see war, Presido don dey market one book. Make una jack am well well and when BH come, use de book do armour. Una hear?

see :
President Goodluck Jonathan will on Tuesday launch the presentation of a book written by former Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, on security.

The book, 'Overcoming security challenges', serves as a guide on security awareness for Nigerians caught in the present prevailing security challenges.

Other dignitaries expected at the book launch include the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Bamaga Tukur; the Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuwade; Senate President David Mark; and the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu.

According to Okiro, the book is a manual of crime prevention and a compendium of expedient clues that could guild government authorities on security challenges facing the nation.http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/gej-launch-book-security-challenges

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by mikuz(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
bizgynbala: They said he could rule from anywhere... Which means corpers can serve from anywhere... Kai Gej nd his funny BH infested cabinet....
Doctor stay where you are even though no where is safe in Nigeria.. 6 or 7 years no be beans...
on point !

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by gbogboti: 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
House of Representatives halts posting of corps members to volatile states in Northern Nigeria.
Source: Punch

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by ddippset(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
but if he wants to change unilag to maulag he can send the bill in 2 days.

5 Likes

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by elari(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
. . . 4 Ur reading comprehension, i grade u -0/100. No one said the Jonathan influences NYSC posting. Bt the chap only said if the commander in chief can't go there, who is he? Its high time these government agencies take into consideration the need of these chaps. IMO, Jonathan, had the power to give a direct order that no youth be posted to a troubled or crisis riddled area, and it would have been followed to the latter.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Luckygurl(f): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dats jst d fact.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Lisa1: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
BUMPS
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Biggyd2: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Published On: Tue, Jul 3rd, 2012 NIGERIAN NEWS | By Pilot Africa

BREAKING: House of Reps says NYSC to halt posting to crisis states in the north
The Nigeria House of Representatives has reportedly stopped the National Youth Service Corp from posting incoming corps members to restive areas in the north where an increasingly violent insurgency has claimed thousands of lives, the Daily Trust reported today.

Fresh graduates who were set to be enrolled in the mandatory service year in Nigeria were shocked to learn that they were being sent to areas like Bauchi, Borno, Kano, Kaduna and other flashpoint cities where the dreaded Boko Haram sect are known to attack.

The 2012 Batch B corps members besieged the NYSC HQ in Abuja on Monday, demanding that they be re-assigned to different states ahead of the three-week NYSC orientation, which takes place at camp grounds in one’s assigned state.

However, they were informed by a director with the NYSC mobilisation unit in Abuja to first go to their camp grounds and there seek for re-deployment. That order, given in a statement pasted on the wall at the Abuja secretariat, did nothing to assuage the fears, concern and anger of these potential corps members at being sent off into terrorist-prone areas.

Many took to social networking sites to vent their frustrations at the system. With the very new decision by the House of Representatives, it would seem their voices were heard.
http://www.pilotafrica.com/2012/07/03/breaking-house-of-reps-says-nysc-to-halt-posting-to-crisis-states-in-the-north/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? / Do Government Secondary Schools Pay Corpers Stipends Aside The Normal Allowance? / Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.